almost there

Don't think I'll be doing that.

I'm not really looking for something to take up space, I was really happy with the chamber size when Davinci came out with this unit, I'm more looking for something that will help keep the bottom of the chamber clean without the normal metal mesh type screen. After a few sessions they will get clogged with resin and be a pain to get out. Were as the glass spacers by Davinci, or the ones I posted above are easily removed. Especially the ones above, because of their shape you can easily get in there with a pair of tweezers and pull them out. Also there cheep. You can get a 200 of these things for 10 bucks from Amazon. Now mind you, I'm talking about using these things as sort of a screen in this application, not as a spacer.

@Paka-cholo that is a very interesting loading tool u have there as well as all those rainbow brushes.

Figures, just went on PuffitUp's site, their out of stock, you must of sent everyone running, LOL.
Here's something I found on Reddit, a link to PuffitUP!
https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/5qujtq/davinci_iq_owners_get_the_odin_half_pack_mod/
http://www.puffitup.com/Odin-Vaporizer-Half-Pack-Adapters-p/bond.odin-104_half-2pk.htm
If keeping that oven clean means that much to u then grab a bag of degummed hemp fiber. U can roll a loose little ball and drop it into the oven before loading the material. It'll serve to catch any loose particles from reaching the flavor chamber and keep any residue from forming in those edges of the oven
Edit- u can grab a big old bag of that hemp fiber at Dynavap for $5. Works so well for so many purposes, well worth the price.

Last edited:
almost there,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

almost there

IMO, the best screens for the IQ are those from the Flowermate V5.0S which can be bought at puffitup.com
Personally I've never considered having to use a screen with the IQ. I've never had any issues of hot green shrapnel reaching my lips. If I had to use a filter for whatever reason I would just drop a loose degummed hemp fiber ball into the flavor chamber and be done with it. Whatever faults the IQ may have, Scooby Snacks isn't one of them
@MicroMan that app is a fun little novelty for a quick minute but honestly who is gonna pull out their phone and sign in to make little adjustments when they already have the device in hand? Certainly it was a good selling feature but the app isn't all that necessary IMO. unless DaVinci upgrades the app to truely customize your pathways like in temp AND time, turn on AND shut off then the app isn't really allowing much flexibility.

Last edited:
almost there,

cobra505

Defined
I deleted the app, took out the battery, put it back in, and as soon as I closed the lid, it began constantly vibrating again. Thanks for your help though
Sorry man it was worth a try.

You could try those little ceramic honey combs that are the size of a small button at any head shop for 50 cents each. Won't block as well as a screen but provides a little buffer for cheap
I was using the little ceramic honey comb wax filters that came with my Focus wax pod but they were to small in diameter.

@MicroMan that app is a fun little novelty for a quick minute but honestly who is gonna pull out their phone and sign in to make little adjustments when they already have the device in hand?

I actually use the paths all the time at night. I have a few quicky paths setup for at night. Really on 2 path depending on how awake I am and how fast I need to get back to sleep.. This takes up path 1 & 2. Path 3 is used for multiple users and a little higher temps.

Last edited by a moderator:
cobra505,
Reactions: Bobbobcat

Hey Nineteen

I've used this forum for the past month to assist in my purchase of a quality vaporizer. I bought the IQ at a head shop near me. Immediately it didn't work as it should. It would constantly show as charging even though it wasn't. He tested it out with a new battery and it did it for him too, so he swapped it out. Great customer service!! Especially after reading about the problems experienced with others with Davinci's CS in the past. The new one worked perfectly for the past week, until today. It constantly vibrates now, out of no where. It was turned off for over an hour. The only way to stop it is to take out the battery. And wait! Then I can turn it on, so I reset it. It seems to work, it fluctuates the oven heating, so not right now! I've tried resetting it twice. It works almost normal for a half session and then the heater starts circulating up and down. I've tried my other batteries that have worked all week. I'm disappointed. I liked it when it works! I hope they will send me out a new one tomorrow before receiving the new one. After spending almost $300, it should work perfectly for years, not crap out after a week!

I was thinking of getting one of these but for 275 I am not sure I want to risk it. I might go with the Boundless CF, CFX or CFV. I sure do like the looks of the IQ and the videos of the vapor quality look outstanding.

Hey Nineteen,

cobra505

Defined
Edit: It looks like mine turns off when it is set down as well!
Did you try adjusting the tang at the bottom of the battery case, that usually fixes that issue.

When u are using your IQ at 410 do u monitor the display at all? My original unit dropped 15-20 degrees after each inhalation if I set the temp above 400.

Well I don't really. I'm using mostly Smart Paths. You don't get to monitor temp in Smart Part'. I guess the unit takes it for granted that you set the path so you should know what the temp is.

cobra505,

kiddvudu2

For those that don't have a spacer yet you can just mix in vaped herbs with your new herbs and that will take up some space.

I do this as well, but not with a fresh load, I usually vape a load half way through and then stir and top off with AVB for the end of the session. Works great.

Last edited:
kiddvudu2,

almost there

Did you try adjusting the tang at the bottom of the battery case, that usually fixes that issue.

Well I don't really. I'm using mostly Smart Paths. You don't get to monitor temp in Smart Part'. I guess the unit takes it for granted that you set the path so you should know what the temp is.
U still can monitor the temps while on smart path via the app. U can follow the temp on the graph. Though I don't use the app much I am a big fan of the smart paths, think u misunderstood me when I said im not crazy about the app. Lately I've been really enjoying smart path 1, nice to just sip on flavor while enjoying my coffee.

almost there,
Reactions: BigJr48

kiddvudu2

I do this as well. Works great.
U still can monitor the temps while on smart path via the app. U can follow the temp on the graph. Though I don't use the app much I am a big fan of the smart paths, think u misunderstood me when I said im not crazy about the app. Lately I've been really enjoying smart path 1, nice to just sip on flavor while enjoying my coffee.

U can also hit the power button once while in smart path mode to display current temp. If U don't hit any more buttons, it'll return to the smart path display in a few seconds.

Does anybody have any thoughts on using a small ball of tin foil as a spacer?

kiddvudu2,
Reactions: BigJr48

BigJr48

Hi all, would these be okay to buy for the IQ? Got mine on the way and seen the issues with the batteries.

http://www.gearbest.com/batteries/p...UZse9F02VN6PTThJd1KOuDxr2ZIhM9fuZEaAsUz8P8HAQ

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nitecore-U...0622795&sr=8-2&keywords=18650+battery+charger

thanks all!

Those are the best batteries for the IQ.

I buy gadgets from them all the time. anyway, this battery seems legit
Gadgets are totally different from batteries.

BigJr48,

cobra505

Defined
If keeping that oven clean means that much to u then grab a bag of degummed hemp fiber. U can roll a loose little ball and drop it into the oven before loading the material. It'll serve to catch any loose particles from reaching the flavor chamber and keep any residue from forming in those edges of the oven
Good to know, I'll check it out.

IMO, the best screens for the IQ are those from the Flowermate V5.0S which can be bought at puffitup.com
I'll check these out also.

Double check with @Glass004 before u use these, I think these might be the glass filters he was using that was causing all his repeat RMA's. U can just check earlier posts, these look familiar
Not even sure if they will fit. Was cleaning last night and looking at the chamber and was thinking that the bowl isn't wide enough. Going to see if I can get some specs.

cobra505,

exime

Well the low battery indicator at 75% capacity is driving me nuts so I ordered Samsung Q30s (picked for the cooler temperature tests). My unit gets too hot to hold for 10 minutes so hopefully that's also part of the battery issue and will kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

exime,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Has anyone got one of these yet?

https://vapefiend.co.uk/davinici-iq-wax-pod

Not long had the IQ still a wonderful device for me, more to cater for the missis than myself (can't hit as hard as the supreme V3, not much can) so she's still very happy with both me and it, no dog house for me :tup:.

I believe these are the same oil pods that we sell for the Original Davinci. In which case they will not work well for the IQ. Like the posting says you would have to remove the pearl to use this can. That is because the can is too big for the oven. The Oil cans are also too thin for the IQ bowl so the cans will not be making good contact with the walls of the oven to heat up well and produce good vapor. The IQ was designed to be the best portable dry herb vaporizer. There are plenty of vaporizers that claim to vape concentrate and dry herb. I find that they all do one or the other really well and then leave the user wanting more from the other.

So being a retired computer geek I have to pose this question. I have the app running on a iPhone and I'm wondering how much if any of the battery problems have to do with the app in constant communication with the device. The reason I'm asking this is because last night I put a newly charged battery in my unit that was charged by a charger, did one 10 minute session.This morning it was almost dead. Put a fresh battery in it this morning. Also later on this morning was messing around with my phone and happened to notice that the Davinci app was one of the top 3 last used apps on my phone. Now I know that wasn't true because I hadn't used the app sense last weekend. So I'm thinking that if it happens again there is a option to forget the device within the app, or just delete the app just as a test to see what happens.

The App has no drain effect on the IQ battery when the app is not open and connected to your device. If you have noticed you have to pair the IQ to the app with every new session and if you minimize your app for too long you might again have to pair your IQ with the app.

Hello All-

I was thinking the other day during a session, while using the IOS app, that when changing smart paths, the time lapse of the 10 mins is not equally dispersed between each path. For example, if you look at the chart in the app, each time you increase temperature, the time of use starts at 0 mins again.

Also, just had a huge upset while cleaning my device today. I was done swabbing around the loose pearl and while turning it to secure it on the post, the pearl detached and was hanging onto the base of where the post should be by a thread. I'll also have to mention the battery twitch problem that turns off the unit when you set it down.

Looks like the process of opening an RMA is clear. I am hoping that the @Davinci_vaporizer CS team will be superb after the recent post about increased staff and a new telephone provider.

I'm sorry to hear about your pearl. Please contact me directly with assistance with your RMA or you can contact our CS department via Phone or e-mail.

Technically, yes the way it's programmed is most likely to account 10 mins each time a new path is selected. I guess my two-sense is that it would be cool to have more oversight on timing and how the customer uses different paths to help making unique smartpaths. It's just an idea and I am not sure if the tech is there in the unit to measure these progressions to different levels.

I like where you are going with your idea for the app and better communication on the timing. Care to elaborate on it more to give us a better idea of what you are looking for? Or other suggestions you might have?

I've been asking this question for 2 pages now and know one has been answering me. I've been thinking about buying a few of the glass spacers and using one of them as a screen. I just think that a regular stainless screen after getting dirty it might be hard to get out. might not have the same problem with the glass spacers. The also sell glass screens on amazon that are used for glass bowls, cheep, you can get a 100 of them from Amazon for 10 bucks.

glass_screens.jpg

These can be a good option as a spacer or screen for the IQ and the other Davinci vaporizer products. A word of caution however. These glass jacks can leave scratches, marks, and can even crack and puncture the walls of the oven.

So I had a random question, during a session, about 5 mins in or so, I opened the bottom to drop the glass spacer into the oven. I was curious to see if it would tighten the semi-vaped herb at the bottom of the chamber to make the end of session just as good in terms of vapor production. After doing this, I was surprised at how big the vapor clouds I was getting at the end of the session.

Do any of you do this as well or advise against it? Would be interested in hearing others opinions.

I do this a lot actually. Not always with the spacer though. I usually vape my bowl for a while till I get to my halfway point of my session. That when I usually open the bottom lid, sir and then pack down the herbs to a tight pack. The herb by then is usually nice and warm and sticky so it packs down firm and tight without the need of the spacer. The spacer might enhance that effect.

I've used this forum for the past month to assist in my purchase of a quality vaporizer. I bought the IQ at a head shop near me. Immediately it didn't work as it should. It would constantly show as charging even though it wasn't. He tested it out with a new battery and it did it for him too, so he swapped it out. Great customer service!! Especially after reading about the problems experienced with others with Davinci's CS in the past. The new one worked perfectly for the past week, until today. It constantly vibrates now, out of no where. It was turned off for over an hour. The only way to stop it is to take out the battery. And wait! Then I can turn it on, so I reset it. It seems to work, it fluctuates the oven heating, so not right now! I've tried resetting it twice. It works almost normal for a half session and then the heater starts circulating up and down. I've tried my other batteries that have worked all week. I'm disappointed. I liked it when it works! I hope they will send me out a new one tomorrow before receiving the new one. After spending almost $300, it should work perfectly for years, not crap out after a week!

Hey there! Send me a DM or contact our CS team via e-mail or phone and we can get this taken care of for you no problem. Also what shop did you purchase your IQ from?

[/URL]

It worked!

Cleaning day

I'm also practicing how to post a picture. I'm not sure I did it right :)

Nice Pic! What are those brushes that you are using? They look like pipe cleaners on the end of a paint brush almost. Has me very interested! Please let me know!

BigJr48

I agree $10 shipping is BS but if you factor in the $$$ savings of 1/4 packed bowls over a month you'll save a lot more than $10

You have a point but the spacers weigh less than the cost of 2 stamps, besides priority shipping is half of what Davinci is charging.

BigJr48,

Bruvapor

No comments on the tin foil ball spacer idea?

I don't have any credible sources available, but a quick google search will inform you that there is a large community of people who are steering clear of using aluminum foil for cooking (when heat is involved). Something about the metals attaching itself to the food during the heat process, and leading (potentially) to osteoporosis and Alzheimers. REGARDLESS of whether or not any of that holds true, I personally would just not do it. There are better/safer alternatives - an additional pearl, the glass spacers, AVB, hemp, etc.

kiddvudu2

I don't have any credible sources available, but a quick google search will inform you that there is a large community of people who are steering clear of using aluminum foil for cooking (when heat is involved). Something about the metals attaching itself to the food during the heat process, and leading (potentially) to osteoporosis and Alzheimers. REGARDLESS of whether or not any of that holds true, I personally would just not do it. There are better/safer alternatives - an additional pearl, the glass spacers, AVB, hemp, etc.

U are probably right about playing it safe. However, I just did a 1/2 oven with a pearl sized tin foil ball as a spacer on smart path 4 and didn't taste anything weird. Herb came out perfectly dark and uniformed. But, I think I'm going to order another pearl just to be safe. It can function as a spacer and a spare part - 2fer1 !!

kiddvudu2,
Top Bottom