cobra505

Defined
The only reason I'm leary of the cotton swabs, is because I think it can leave a lot of leftover cotton fibers
Good note, never thought of that one.

It starts up seems to heat up but you cannot draw through it as if it was super clogged. I've cleaned my mouthpiece and used a brand new spare, the flavor chamber is empty and clean, its seems like maybe the bottom of the flavor chamber and the over no longer line up? Is that possible?
If you take the Flavor Chamber out and have no weed in the oven and have both covers open and hold the unit up to a light source you should be able to see light. If you can't then it's clogged.

cobra505,

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
Good note, never thought of that one.

If you take the Flavor Chamber out and have no weed in the oven and have both covers open and hold the unit up to a light source you should be able to see light. If you can't then it's clogged.

Thanks, so "it" is clogged, what is the "it" and how do I unclog it? thanks!

slcbdco,
Reactions: BigJr48

wags1

Is there supposed to be a filter or something in the 10mm adapter/mouthpiece? When I installed it I looked thru it from the bottom first and I expected just to see an open hole but at the bottom I see something that looks like a filter or screen. This is a new unit that I just received on Thursday. Thanks.

Never mind, I wasn't paying close enough attention. The hole at the bottom is offset from the "stem" so I understand what I was seeing now. It is not a filter or screen it is just the channel that the vapor follows.

Last edited by a moderator:
wags1,

BigJr48

Is there supposed to be a filter or something in the 10mm adapter/mouthpiece? When I installed it I looked thru it from the bottom first and I expected just to see an open hole but at the bottom I see something that looks like a filter or screen. This is a new unit that I just received on Thursday. Thanks.

It's free airflow in that mouthpiece, no material will pass through the Pearl that's holding down your flowers in the chamber.

BigJr48,

cobra505

Defined
Thanks, so "it" is clogged, what is the "it" and how do I unclog it? thanks!
Did you watch my video on page 101?
If it's that clogged your going to be at it for a while, if I go a week which is rare it takes me a good 15 mins or so.

cobra505,

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free

BigJr48

For those looking for some pretty cheap micro-bubbler/nectar collector glass part in 10mm options or 14 or 18 for that matter, check this guy out:

http://www.dhgate.com/product/new-arrival-honey-straw-glass-pipes-with/392497807.html

Just bought 3 for $24 :p

Just figured I would throw it out there as I see folks like @Justpassedu using the same thing for over twice the price when you could get 2 for a couple dollars less.

My concern is the quality of the glass, compared to American made.

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Well, I bought a couple originally through a group buy on FC:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/micro-bubs.18953/

I just LOVED them with my GH when I had them. They were great quality, but due to the nature of how I was handling them (on a farm and around concrete surfaces) they ended up breaking. (I know, I am not making them sound worth it lol.)

But in that time I handled them real roughly, kept them in my pockets through very physically active days etc. And they broke by falling several feet onto concrete both times, so not really unexpected.

Your call of course, but I don't think being from China is lesser quality, more likely the US seller bought the same thing from China and then doubled or tripled the price so that those with the same concern would buy from them thinking the same thing.

BigJr48

Well, I bought a couple originally through a group buy on FC:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/micro-bubs.18953/

I just LOVED them with my GH when I had them. They were great quality, but due to the nature of how I was handling them (on a farm and around concrete surfaces) they ended up breaking. (I know, I am not making them sound worth it lol.)

But in that time I handled them real roughly, kept them in my pockets through very physically active days etc. And they broke by falling several feet onto concrete both times, so not really unexpected.

Your call of course, but I don't think being from China is lesser quality, more likely the US seller bought the same thing from China and then doubled or tripled the price so that those with the same concern would buy from them thinking the same thing.

Considering the price, I think it's worth the risk.

wags1

I have been a long time Ascent user that has just started using the IQ...love it! I had been using a Pinnacle water tool with my Ascent and am interested in the Nectar Collector Honeybird for use with my IQ. I would be using it infrequently and do not want to leave it filled with water. How easy/hard is it to fill/empty? The Pinnacle was very simple to fill/empty. Looking at the Honeybird it just looks like it might be more difficult.

MorrisBanks

So shipped it now with RMA Number to spain. I Guess they will send me a new device but if they really ship a new device I would have rather one in Blue or Black then copper again. Because copper looks more like silver

Finally I will get a new device.
Have now the 10 to 14mm adapter and a small bubbler. Not testet yet, im very excited how it will be.
have purchased this one from reanice
71fsyt04IRL._SL1500_.jpg

the color issue was out of question for them will get the same but was really quick the support. thank ya tim :)
I love the IQ best design amongst all vaporizers looks so luxury! ^^ is so smart and handy and tastes perfect. with 3 batteries you can vape all day long :)

Last edited:

vandyke

Hello dudes,

I only sign in to complain about the horrible Andoid App. Only with many many many luck, the app detects the Davinci IQ. And if I reboot my phone or kill the app from taskmanager, I have to pair the Davinci again! Because the app doesn't recognize the Davinci and ends up again in the setup progress. There again, I have to give my Davinci once again a name and hopefully this time the app detects the device.

Other downside is (it was mentioned here before) that even when the Davinci IQ is off, it broadcasts the bluetooth signal. This is not a very big problem for me, but I wish that the Davinci has a more discreet name. Every neighbor can use google to find the devicename and therefore knows that I use a vaporizer. This is really sad.

sorry for my english, I am not a native speaker.

BigJr48

Hello dudes,

I only sign in to complain about the horrible Andoid App. Only with many many many luck, the app detects the Davinci IQ. And if I reboot my phone or kill the app from taskmanager, I have to pair the Davinci again! Because the app doesn't recognize the Davinci and ends up again in the setup progress. There again, I have to give my Davinci once again a name and hopefully this time the app detects the device.

Other downside is (it was mentioned here before) that even when the Davinci IQ is off, it broadcasts the bluetooth signal. This is not a very big problem for me, but I wish that the Davinci has a more discreet name. Every neighbor can use google to find the devicename and therefore knows that I use a vaporizer. This is really sad.

sorry for my english, I am not a native speaker.

IMO it's useless!!!

BigJr48,

cobra505

Defined
Wow, out of everyone that complained about the bluetooth crap, including me, big time in the beginning, never even thought about that one. Especially since I live in a non-420 house, LOL. If you can finally get it to work you can rename the device. Glad I have a iPhone, the app on the iPhone is buggy also but as buggy that the droid guys are reporting. Mostly I have had issues with the first pair of a new IQ. I say that because I have had 5 IQ's now. Knock on wood this is the longest I've actually had a working unit.

wags1

Wow, out of everyone that complained about the bluetooth crap, including me, big time in the beginning, never even thought about that one. Especially since I live in a non-420 house, LOL. If you can finally get it to work you can rename the device. Glad I have a iPhone, the app on the iPhone is buggy also but as buggy that the droid guys are reporting. Mostly I have had issues with the first pair of a new IQ. I say that because I have had 5 IQ's now. Knock on wood this is the longest I've actually had a working unit.
Where is it visible? My wife's iPhone, which does not have the app loaded, does not see it even even I am connected to it with my iPhone, whether it is off or on.

wags1,

vandyke

Other downside: Now, your neighbor knows what a "Davinci IQ" is and could easily download the app, connect to your device and turn it on!

vandyke,

wags1

Other downside: Now, your neighbor knows what a "Davinci IQ" is and could easily download the app, connect to your device and turn it on!
Not unless they have the email address and PW that you used to create your account on the app...

wags1,

cobra505

Defined
Where is it visible? My wife's iPhone, which does not have the app loaded, does not see it even even I am connected to it with my iPhone, whether it is off or on.
Agree, I replied to the users post but just had a chance to check it out. Doesn't show up on my MacBook Pro, neither my Lenovo running Win7, and I have a HP droid tablet that it also doesn't show up on.
It must have something to do with the IQ's Bluetooth's MAC Address and how only phone's can connect. Just guessing.

You'd have to be pretty damn close to do that. Hell I can't get a good bluetooth headset to go more than 30-40 feet.

cobra505,

Manity

Question... mine gets HOT! Like fire hot lol.. I've measured the temperature and its at 140-145 °C on average

Manity,

wags1

Question... mine gets HOT! Like fire hot lol.. I've measured the temperature and its at 140-145 °C on average
Scroll back or search thru the thread, you will see lots of discussion about this issue. Some have indicated that changing to a different battery improves the issue. Mine gets warm but never hot.

wags1,
Top Bottom