cobra505

Defined
hi there, my iq worked great untill yesterday... loaded it up, put in the charged battery, turned it on and left it on the desk for 3 minutes... when i came back the whole room smelled like burning weed. took the IQ which was extremly hot went outside and got the batt out, since it didnt turn off. after cleaning and cooling i put in new batterys. always the same. it starts to vibrate continuesly until i remove the well working batterys. shut off/factory reset doesnt work, app doesnt connect. i guess the electronics got damaged due to the massive heat. i contacted cs and will see what happens - will keep you guys up to date.
That's the exact same thing that happened to me after one of my RMA's. it was my returned unit. I had just set it all up did a session had the app all set up everything working great.
Now I have a RYOT Smelly Proof Canvas Bag, does a pretty good job, had the IQ packed and ready for another session, came back in the room a while later a you could defiantly smell it. Took the IQ out, hot as hell, pulled the battery, the damned sticker on the battery almost melted off.
Unlike you @alpine dude though I was able to do a hard reset, good luck with Davinci CS. Also be advised it's 14-21 business days, so it might as well be a month. And all is that they will tell you during the process is "there looking at it". Heck they won't even tell you they shipped it till you get the email from their automated processing system. Good luck.

After all this time I still can't get the damn things straight.

When I talked to customer service she said that the device has no way to release heat unless you take a draw. My only guess is leaving the device alone for 3 minutes without taking a draw fried the components because it couldn't release the heat.
That doesn't make sense @exime that Davinci would do something like this and just not put some sort of auto shut off into the device. So if I don't like my IQ I can just crank it up and let it over heat?

Last edited:

exime

That doesn't make sense @exime that Davinci would do something like this and just not put some sort of auto shut off into the device. So if I don't like my IQ I can just crank it up and let it over heat?

There's only one way to find out :science:

When she told me that I was kind of surprised too. But the conversation was not about frying the components it was simply about the exterior shell becoming too hot to hold in my hand and that was her excuse so I don't know for sure.

Now that you mention it, I think this should have a 2 minute auto shut off if no draw is taken. I think the Mighty has that feature.

exime

I received a 10-14 business day quote for RMA repair. It is business day 14 and I just received an e-mail from Davinci "Confirmation Replacement Order".

No idea if this means it was rejected, fixed, or replaced.

So far a good experience with RMA and CS.. As long as it didn't get rejected!:rofl:

exime,
Reactions: BigJr48

Justpassedu

I received a 10-14 business day quote for RMA repair. It is business day 14 and I just received an e-mail from Davinci "Confirmation Replacement Order".

No idea if this means it was rejected, fixed, or replaced.

So far a good experience with RMA and CS.. As long as it didn't get rejected!:rofl:
Replacement usually means you should be getting a new unit .

Justpassedu,

almost there

I wasn't investing anything into the verbiage in case it was a generic message for all RMAs. Hopefully you're right though.
you should get an email invoice for a new unit with a cost of $0.00 in a day or so if they have't changed the process. I was so happy when I got that email bc like you say you never know. Best of luck to you, a functioning IQ is a good IQ

TRU3 L3GEND

Can't believe its been 6 months with the IQ already. I'm still trying to catch up on this thread as I haven't kept up as I did with the Ascent. My IQ has been going strong almost daily and with the spacers and nectar collector its been prefect for me. However just started having its first issue the last few weeks with the battery door. I searched a bit and haven't seen anything so far, but basically it wont turn on until I fidget with the door a bit. It gets juice fine with the door slightly ajar, just when I lock it down..no bueno. Hopefully I can get the top connector adjusted to avoid a RMA on an otherwise flawless unit. Anyone that had this issue or have any info for me, let me know thanks!

alpine dude

Thanks for your replies dudes... I sent it to spain and the engineers will take a look at it... Glad i have the arizer and my mighty... But anyway, CS contacted me immidiately - that was a nice surprise

alpine dude

When I talked to customer service she said that the device has no way to release heat unless you take a draw. My only guess is leaving the device alone for 3 minutes without taking a draw fried the components because it couldn't release the heat.

It only takes 30 seconds to get up to 300+ degrees so that would leave at least 2 minutes of no-heat release at top temps.

Just a shot in the dark I really have no idea but I got that info from CS so I thought I'd share.

Hi Exime,

that shoudnt happen... i had it set to 375° - and it got way hotter. the weed was coal black and the rubber still was stinking after numerous cleaning cycles with iso. It burned my fingers aswell - it was just f**kin hot - but i had to get that battery out.
interesstingly the battery worked fine again later. but i sent it in together with the device.

Cheers AD

exime

you should get an email invoice for a new unit with a cost of $0.00 in a day or so if they have't changed the process. I was so happy when I got that email bc like you say you never know. Best of luck to you, a functioning IQ is a good IQ

Turns out it shipped Thursday and I received it yesterday. New unit with box and accessories. No letter or anything so I guess they don't disclose warranty info.

Been using it non-stop and am happy again. I'm getting consistent clouds and it works like it did when I first purchased it. I'm using it paired with my bubbler & adapter and they pair really well. Use the spacers and it saves herb and sessions are still long. You also don't have to stir if you use the large spacer because it's not much material.

Last edited:

Trulukkyphrank

I get consistent abv without stirring, the pearl does the job very well. In my experience the pearl has to be screwed out just as much as you can, but that it still don't fall off.

Trulukkyphrank,

exime

I get consistent abv without stirring, the pearl does the job very well. In my experience the pearl has to be screwed out just as much as you can, but that it still don't fall off.

I thought I read a review that said it doesn't need stirring because it's conduction but mine still feels like it revitalizes dying bowls.

--

I took a brass circle screen and cut it into a smaller circle to fit into the IQ bowl. I packed a full tight bowl and air flow is still really good. I have had issues with "bad/unlucky packs" that I have to repack and I think this screen might be the answer. Nothing worse than being on the road and having a milkshake-through-straw pack. Not a big deal at home.

cobra505

Defined
So someone asked a while back about a video on how they clean their IQ. So guys don't be to ruff on me, I'm old, this is my first tutorial video, all I can say is that I tried.

I purchased the mascara brushes from Amazon. I mostly use them on the Flavor Chamber Holder to reach past the Gasket. Dip it in ISO, gets the heavy built up resin out on the first pass. Was trying at first to use them as a replacement for the Q-Tips but they are to flexible. Also didn't go into cleaning the the rubber, soapy water or I use a product called Grunge Off. The Grunge Off is great I use it for my Silicone hoses. Any questions guys just ask.

I thought I read a review that said it doesn't need stirring because it's conduction but mine still feels like it revitalizes dying bowls.

I think that's why they promote the use of the "Boost" mode for.

Last edited:

exime

So someone asked a while back about a video on how they clean their IQ. So guys don't be to ruff on me, I'm old, this is my first tutorial video, all I can say is that I tried.

I purchased the mascara brushes from Amazon. I mostly use them on the Flavor Chamber Holder to reach past the Gasket. Dip it in ISO, gets the heavy built up resin out on the first pass. Was trying at first to use them as a replacement for the Q-Tips but they are to flexible. Also didn't go into cleaning the the rubber, soapy water or I use a product called Grunge Off. The Grunge Off is great I use it for my Silicone hoses. Any questions guys just ask.

I think that's why they promote the use of the "Boost" mode for.

I haven't tried boost yet

Last edited:
exime,

Justpassedu

Was gonna grab the honey bird & than I had seen this on eBay in 10mm for about $18. It fits perfect over the mouthpiece and happens to provide some really smooth rips. I was never a fan of using my portables through water as I leave my desktops for that task but it happens to be quite nice.

8849A256-1A6A-44DD-ABAA-B21225D00E7E_zpssgnaizyb.jpg

Last edited:

cobra505

Defined
I haven't tried boost yet
Give it a try it will for sure get that last little bit.
Was gonna grab the honey bird & than I had seen this on eBay in 10mm for about $18. It fits perfect over the mouthpiece and happens to provide some really smooth rips. I was never a fan of using my portables theough water as I leave my desktops for that task but it happens to be quite nice.
Great pickup. 1/2 the price.

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
What up Cobra! So what I like about those applicators, is that they bend.

Other members asked for advice, and this is what I do.

There is like a lip thats hard to get to, the very corner of the space between the oven and chamber.
I do wrap an alcohol pad around (like the rep mentioned with cotton swabs) the spines the first couple runs, and it helps clear the gunk. I use alcohol liberally but make sure to remove the battery and let the unit fully dry before I turn it on to burn it off. The only reason I'm leary of the cotton swabs, is because I think it can leave a lot of leftover cotton fibers. I don't feel like heating them or inhaling them into my lungs. Not sure if this even happens, but the silicone seems not to break, and comes out in tact.
Thats my opinion.

aaannnnnddddd I forgot if anything else was asked, ha!

:peace::peace::shit:turds

SantoSkywalker

Was gonna grab the honey bird & than I had seen this on eBay in 10mm for about $18. It fits perfect over the mouthpiece and happens to provide some really smooth rips. I was never a fan of using my portables through water as I leave my desktops for that task but it happens to be quite nice.

8849A256-1A6A-44DD-ABAA-B21225D00E7E_zpssgnaizyb.jpg
Hey man, it looks very cool. How do I find it in ebay? I searched 10 mm bubbler but didn't get it in the results.

SantoSkywalker,

MorrisBanks

So shipped it now with RMA Number to spain. I Guess they will send me a new device but if they really ship a new device I would have rather one in Blue or Black then copper again. Because copper looks more like silver

MorrisBanks,

Justpassedu

Hey man, it looks very cool. How do I find it in ebay? I searched 10 mm bubbler but didn't get it in the results.
Thanks man , unfortunately the person that had listed them either sold out or took them down , i tried to grab the link for you but it's now gone. I did see a few but they would ship from China and mine was shipped from CO , just search 10mm nectar collector. Best of luck

exime

Has anyone had this experience with their IQ:

It starts up seems to heat up but you cannot draw through it as if it was super clogged. I've cleaned my mouthpiece and used a brand new spare, the flavor chamber is empty and clean, its seems like maybe the bottom of the flavor chamber and the over no longer line up? Is that possible?

Cheers

I've been using a brass screen (modded cut into a smaller circle to fit) in the IQ and it has worked great no clogs anymore. I can pack it pretty hard and it still has really good air flow.

91PXeegkWvL._SX355_.jpg

exime,

BigJr48

I've been using a brass screen (modded cut into a smaller circle to fit) in the IQ and it has worked great no clogs anymore. I can pack it pretty hard and it still has really good air flow.

91PXeegkWvL._SX355_.jpg

I've always questioned why no one ever used screens, I started with spares from my Flowermate V5.0S and now I found 9mm honeycomb glass screens and they work great.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
I've always questioned why no one ever used screens, I started with spares from my Flowermate V5.0S and now I found 9mm honeycomb glass screens and they work great.
Link for 9mn honeycomb glass screens??
Hard to find exactly 9mm. They're always 7mm or 8mm...
Thanks in advance.
Stay vaped.

Zangano Cruel,
Top Bottom