exime

DaVinci glass spacers are well worth it! Plenty of benefits. I don't use them with every sesh, but I do use them regularly. I like to carry a paper clip with me to either stir through the hot spacer and to insert and remove hot spacer.

Test draw is a must with every pack. Helps u get to know the device!

Cheers!

Agree gotta check every time. If you pack your IQ at home and don't test it then get to a sketchy destination where your IQ is clogged you're going to be bummed out.

Vambo1980

I thought I would try one last go with IQ before I package it up and send it back. And what do you know? it worked.. well a bit. It worked with nothing in for a good few minutes so i stopped it loaded it with some blue dream and had a lovely session for about 8 minutes on it's own. Then it switched off. I removed the battery and put it back in and it came on again but kept switching off. So I decided to switch it on and quickly hold boost which for some reason kept the unit on all the way up to 430 so I could finish the bowl. When I release the boost after a couple of seconds it switches off and needs resetting or a wait to get it going again. Very strange.

The only thing that has changed for me now is I know what flavour this thing kicks out.. very nice clean taste making me want a fully working one. Hmmm.

Might give it another try if they send a replacement.

:-)

DolfLun

Has anyone on FC taken a consensus? Is the IQ great when it works but horribly unreliable? Have Davinci improved the unit mid-production and gotten things back on track?

DolfLun,

kiddvudu2

Has anyone on FC taken a consensus? Is the IQ great when it works but horribly unreliable? Have Davinci improved the unit mid-production and gotten things back on track?

I've had mine since mid Jan with zero issues. Multiple uses daily. Dropped on concrete twice. It's a tank, with a 10mm gun that shoots mind numbing fun rockets.

Solosummers

The Crafty was a major problem child too. I think multiple people have had 3-5 RMAs. They had to upgrade people to the Mighty the problem got so bad.

Davinci IQ customer service is fine. They sent me a new device within 2 weeks of my RMA for free.
Good point keeping it fair*

Solosummers,

DolfLun

Good point keeping it fair*

Awesome. I just think we all want to know what the real overall reputation of this product should be. I am even ok with knowing Davinci stepped up and might be fixing some of these somewhat common issues. It was the reports of "it's not getting hot you're dumb" stories that would make me avoid the product.

kiddvudu2

It's so not a tank, imo. Just placing it down on a table has caused a shut off problem for many. It's been a month since I RMA'd; still waiting.... but yes, it hits great, flavor is wonderful....

To be clear, I am speaking specifically of my device. I was lucky to get one without any quirky issues. The two times that I dropped it on concrete I was certain it would be non-functional after them. But I was very pleasantly surprised that it didn't impact the performance at all.

kiddvudu2,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
The two times that I dropped it on concrete I was certain it would be non-functional after them. But I was very pleasantly surprised that it didn't impact the performance at all.

Maybe that's why yours is still working:cool:;)

Honestly, still watching this one from the sidelines being happy I haven't taken the plunge (yet). But of course happy for everyone liking it!

vaporiza

Hey, i have the arizer dual external charger, just wondering if it's ok to charge my 2 batteries for the IQ i have... i have the stock battery and LG HG2 3000mah, can i charge both at the same time?

vaporiza,
Reactions: BigJr48

BigJr48

Hey, i have the arizer dual external charger, just wondering if it's ok to charge my 2 batteries for the IQ i have... i have the stock battery and LG HG2 3000mah, can i charge both at the same time?

Yes, both batteries can be charged.

BigJr48,
Reactions: vaporiza

wags1

This is my impression from skimming here and elsewhere. It's a shame, it looks sharp and the easy swapable batteries seem like a nice idea.
This is my impression from skimming here and elsewhere. It's a shame, it looks sharp and the easy swapable batteries seem like a nice idea.

Basing reliability of a product on comments in user forums, which are completely self selected populations, is rather invalid. Basing any kind of conclusion on statistics gleaned from a self selected population is almost guaranteed to skew the results.
Not claiming that I know the answer to the IQ reliability question one way or another, just pointing out the statistical problem.

DolfLun

Basing reliability of a product on comments in user forums, which are completely self selected populations, is rather invalid. Basing any kind of conclusion on statistics gleaned from a self selected population is almost guaranteed to skew the results.
Not claiming that I know the answer to the IQ reliability question one way or another, just pointing out the statistical problem.

I would argue that a community of multi unit owners focused on feedback and comparison is a descent place to begin to infer some rough stats. Very little bias, lots of happy, unhappy and legitimate purchases.

Likely would be more accurate than say Amazon reviews of a product - and these are helpful. I assume stats from this user community would be helpful to a degree as well.

I don't think some rating should be promoted in huge font on each vape, but why ask only 3 readers at a time how their IQ is functioning, would be nice to collect community feedback in a measurable manner

Last edited:
DolfLun,

dochost

Hey guys,

quick question as I couldn't find anything using the search.

does your IQ started to peel off on the bottom?

See attached images

I've contact Davinci Support and they claim this is normal behavior, I just want to know if this has happened to anyone else

DolfLun

Hey guys,

quick question as I couldn't find anything using the search.

does your IQ started to peel off on the bottom?

See attached images

I've contact Davinci Support and they claim this is normal behavior, I just want to know if this has happened to anyone else

Normal behavior during the first year of ownership of a product with a 10 year warranty?

DolfLun,

dochost

Normal behavior during the first year of ownership of a product with a 10 year warranty?
that's exactly what I said. it's actually even worse because I only used it for like 40 times with an avg of 5 minutes per use.

the official reply is:

"the shiny metal coating can start to rub off with use. This does not affect the functionality of the device."

Baron23

that's exactly what I said. it's actually even worse because I only used it for like 40 times with an avg of 5 minutes per use.

the official reply is:

"the shiny metal coating can start to rub off with use. This does not affect the functionality of the device."
What a crock of crap. That's not wearing off....their metallic coating is just coming off and chipping. I throw the BS flag at DaVinci on this one.

DolfLun

Glad to see you here @Davinci_vaporizer , we're not here to bash, I think I speak for many when I say, we just want this potentially best-of vape to live up to your intentions so we can love and support it.

DolfLun,

dochost

I would like to thank @Davinci_vaporizer for being so responsive to the community and taking care of this matter so quickly.

I truly love this device and while I own 5 other vapes (Atmos, Crafty, Pax 2, Pax 3 and the Vivant Alternate) i find myself wanting to use the Davinci as my daily driver more often then the rest.

So again big thumbs up

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Thanks! I've been here since the beginning and think this community is amazing! So much passion for vaporization and the benefit it brings. I'll be the first to admit that I love getting insights and ideas from you guys...even if it isn't always easy to swallow. I think we're all here for the same thing in the long run.

Top Bottom