• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The CVault - Climate Controlled Storage

Mr. Me2

Just the opposite here in South Texas! We have our air conditioners on most of the year, and they dry the air out a lot, too. It's good to know that I can keep my new stuff in the CVault. I think the medium will hold a 1/2 ounce, which is what I usually get. Do I even need one of those Boveda things if I'm just using it for storage?
The CVault comes with the packs. I suggest you try them. I think you won't go back.

abcd5432

Interesting and much more affordable than this...
http://cannador.com/
However...this has no packs to replace. Similar to a humidor...you simply soak beads in a bit of water and voila...back in action. I also like the lock and drawer option...not to mention the air tight aspect....and the cherry or walnut options make for a very sophisticated, appealing 'package'. I just ordered one but was looking for feedback from anyone that may have tried it out already...
Does this have its own thread or need its own thread? I'm interested in this product since I want to do as little work as possible and this product only requires me to soak something in water. Also looks really nice, would go perfect with the rest of my stuff on my table.

abcd5432,

narrowsparrow

So if I'm just storing product in my medium CVault and plan to dry it on the bathroom counter before grinding it, I still need these Boveda packs? What do they do if I am just using the CVault as a storage unit?

narrowsparrow,

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
So if I'm just storing product in my medium CVault and plan to dry it on the bathroom counter before grinding it, I still need these Boveda packs? What do they do if I am just using the CVault as a storage unit?

They keep your product at optimum humidity. It is just that simple:)
Store your product at optimum humidity and take out what you need the night before so it has time to dry out.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
These look exactly like a Japanese friends 1980's rice container he would bring to school for lunch. Right down to the orange ring seal. Strange the vivid memories a picture will bring flooding back yet I could not tell you his name.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Does this have its own thread or need its own thread? I'm interested in this product since I want to do as little work as possible and this product only requires me to soak something in water. Also looks really nice, would go perfect with the rest of my stuff on my table.

I love mine and highly recommend!

stickstones,
Reactions: Shrike

narrowsparrow

I have a medium CVault. What size Boveda packs do I buy? Amazon has different sizes, but doesn't specify which CVault the packs are for.

narrowsparrow,

abcd5432

I love mine and highly recommend!

That's good enough for me. That is added to my wish list then.
Can't go wrong with your recommendations, you might as well just send me a list of all the accessories you use lol.

The Cannador is more for just storage right, not for curing?

Vapenado

..you can put your weed in it
I dont see that it has its own thread. I really dont have anything negative to say about mine. Its great...love it!!

Vapenado,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Is it possible that vaccuuming would be a better option for long storage of herbs to preserve freshness and flavours than the nice cvaults??
I think to buy SS-bowls and this stable vaccum lids driven by an electric vaccum sealer.
Under the transparent cover a fixed hygrometer and Boveda packs. Storage in a fridge for lower temperatures and UV-protection.

Hogni,

MonkeyTime

The two I ordered arrived today, until now I've been using mason jars w/ the packs with great success. I've been using the 60g in 1/2 gal jars and they really do last a long time.

The 4L unit arrived out of round with a nice ding in the lid ring above the gasket. I was able to force the container back into round, but worried about the seal now. The seem pretty nice for the price. I realize that $42 may be a lot to some, but for my intended use of curing from almost day one, it will be perfect.

As for the conversations about hygrometers inside the vaults, I'll use them in the vaults just like I use them in my jars. I keep an eye on various jars of the same strain, it helps me keep track of the packs state.

I thought about using it for water curing too w/out the lid tight, but thinking the 5 gal buckets will be just as easy, maybe easier to keep it all under (I use a piece of wood cut to fit the buckets bottom).

Hoping they hold up for a fair amount of time. The talks of welds breaking off is troublesome. I think they're cost effective, but only if they last!

Healthy green all,

MT

MonkeyTime,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Is it possible that vaccuuming would be a better option for long storage of herbs to preserve freshness and flavors than the nice cvaults??
I have tested this for several years and have found that although vacuum storing is nice it has an unusual effect of concentrating a pharmaceutical smell from your meds.
Under the transparent cover a fixed hygrometer and Boveda packs.
You can't use Boveda packs under a vacuum. The change in atmospheric pressure not only reduces humidity but it changes how the water/salt mixture functions.
Storage in a fridge for lower temperatures and UV-protection.
The fridge is fine but your container MUST be air tight or the fridge will dry out your meds completely. Over the years I have found that Boveda packs in Mason jars either in a fridge or other cool dark place, like a closet, works best.

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Ohh! I didn't know these effects (smell + change) of vacuum - thx a lot!
Perhaps not full vacuum, just a pretty small vacuum for safe airtightening?
Otherwise the cvault seems to be the better choice.

Hogni,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I just use mason jars without vacuum sealing. The CVaults are great for travel since they are not glass. I sent an email to Boveda asking about using them under vacuum. I was reading on another forum that someone contacted them and Boveda said that the packets could leak or rupture under vacuum because of the head space that is in them. I am more interested in how pressure relates to vapor pressure, evaporation point etc. For example, water will boil at lower temperatures under less pressure, the higher in altitude you go the lower the boiling point is. So its my belief that lowering the pressure effects the fundamental operation of the packs since we know that lowering the pressure decreases RH. PV=nRT.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I've taken fresh herb and jarred it in cvaults starting at 65% RH along with the boveda 62s. They stayed in there for 9 months, burped every week or so and it maintained 61-62% RH. Never had an issue of smell leaking out or buds drying out. I don't put any of my flowers in the fridge or freezer.

psychonaut,
Reactions: t-dub

MinnBobber

So its my belief that lowering the pressure effects the fundamental operation of the packs since we know that lowering the pressure decreases RH. PV=nRT.
..................................................................................
an interesting experiment would be to have Boveda 62s in two identical containers (CVaults) with same exact cannabis load (same weight of same strain) and seal one normally while putting a vacuum seal on the second.
Also, have a RH gauge inside each CVault.

Open each periodically to compare RH.
And to compare the smell, herb texture, color, effects between the two methods.
I strive for the longterm herb to have a sponge-like texture, squeeze and it rebounds back, does not crumble when you lightly squeeze, etc

?? t-dub, so even top grade cannabis develops a "medicine smell" with the vacuum??

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
?? t-dub, so even top grade cannabis develops a "medicine smell" with the vacuum??
I have had to keep large amounts of medical grade in storage for a year or more. Over time the jars that were vacuum sealed developed a funky pharmaceutical smell. This could have been regular flavors concentrated or something else, I'm not sure. It could be I didn't burp the jars enough but I have not had this problem with Boveda packs without vacuum.

Baron23

Over the years I have found that Boveda packs in Mason jars either in a fridge or other cool dark place, like a closet, works best.

This ^^ plus one....except for the fridge. Only shatter in fridge, herb...its just too dry and hardly anything is that airtight.

Cheers

Baron23,
Reactions: t-dub

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
This ^^ plus one....except for the fridge.
Yes, I do not use the fridge any more, however, if you live in a really hot place with no air conditioning the fridge might be necessary. It is critical to have an airtight seal if storing in the fridge.

t-dub,

lwien

Over the years I have found that Boveda packs in Mason jars either in a fridge or other cool dark place, like a closet, works best.

Over the past two years I've been storing my bud on those small aluminum Space Case containers and then putting those containers in Mason Jars with a Boveda pack. For me, it's been the best solution by far. Bud is as fresh, sticky with maximum aroma as the day I put them in, and this is after about 8 months storage.

And yeah, being that my place never gets above 80 degrees, I don't store in the fridge. I put the jars stuffed in a clothing drawer surrounded by cotton t-shirts to help keep the temp pretty steady.

The other negative thing besides dryness in regards to using the fridge is that when you take the container out, you could be hit with a lot of condensation on the inside of whatever container you're using when you open it up.

Top Bottom