• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Cloud EVO Anticipation Thread

colinm_au

I think the title should have been the 'International evo disappointment' thread ...
Like others I ordered back in July with an expected October delivery ... My 2 Cloud +'s had died after less than 2 months ... No chance of repair ... I could survive ... It would all be worth it!
The weeks turned into months , XMAS, New Year ... Lot's of evo's out there ... Can't be long now !
Then finally news that a part would finally arrive in customs !
Umm ... Feb is a short month ... Guess it will not be this month
Given the shipping time to here ... I am hoping it will arrive before April 20!
Just hope the assembly, testing and certification go smoothly and my bitterness about this saga is quickly replaced by the joy of having a working Clouds again.
My wife was really crook about the inability to repair our dead Clouds but the wait for the international evo is getting her really worked up ... Save me!

Last edited:

vakedcow

Gentle cow vaper and halloween kiddo
Quick update, we didn't win at the Cup this year (shit happens, life goes on) - We are currently on our way back to PA, should get there by Thursday night from LA. As far as the last component goes, we are waiting to hear back from our vendor regarding the status of the component and if it has cleared customs (they should have arrived last Friday but will confirm). Trust us, we want to ship these out as quickly as possible so you guys can enjoy the EVO so that we can read your awesome reviews (and also from a cash flow perspective so we are double incentavized). The team's head is still spinning from the cup but we will update as soon as we hear back from our vendor.

thanks for the update :)
heard cup was sad :doh:
re-joice in the team, you can pick up each other :clap:

vakedcow,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I think the title should have been the 'International evo disappointment' thread ...
Like others I ordered back in July with an expected October delivery ... My 2 Cloud +'s had died after less than 2 months ... No chance of repair ... I could survive ... It would all be worth it!
The weeks turned into months , XMAS, New Year ... Lot's of evo's out there ... Can't be long now !
Then finally news that a part would finally arrive in customs !
Umm ... Feb is a short month ... Guess it will not be this month
Given the shipping time to here ... I am hoping it will arrive before April 20!
Just hope the assembly, testing and certification go smoothly and my bitterness about this saga is quickly replaced by the joy of having a working Clouds again.
My wife was really crook about the inability to repair our dead Clouds but the wait for the international evo is getting her really worked up ... Save me!

Don't worry my friend, our stuff has arrived in customs so we are just waiting for it to be moved through. Nothing makes me happier than happy customers and having international customers will give me global happiness. Appreciate the patience and understand the frustration. You will be EVOlved sooner than later now.

Silent

HEY, HEY, HEYHEEEY, VAPE WEED EVERY DAY
Yet another week slips by :-(

I keep on hoping... End of December, End of January, End of Febuary looks like a definite no now. I guess end of march is a likely guess now?

Parts must of cleared by now?

I would have thought they would update us when parts have cleared as assembly can't take too long. I doubt there are too many international customers waiting otherwise things would mostly likely been rushed slightly more.

Silent

Still hoping for end of feb!

12 days left in feb... I mean if they werent sent today then maybe, but even after today, they have to leave america, clear our respective countries customs then be transported to our houses by whatever company they will use. I bet UK customers will be hit with customs fee's too which will cause a further delay, 90% of my packages from america have customs fees attached. It seems the regulations between the two countries change so much that companies often use outdated forms without realising (or so i have been told by a few american clothing companies).

smokie

Everything I buy from states always here within 6days. My ascent was here in 2days couldn't believe it. Also reckon will get stung with a customs charge. Which is what's annoying me as definitely wasn't among the first to receive and could of bought through vapefiend.

smokie,

liscoe

Who knows, I've been waiting patiently for a device that was due to be shipped at the end of October and nearly four months later it still doesn't seem to have been assembled or fully tested yet.

Whilst I appreciate the teams hard work and regular updates I am now becoming a little frustrated. The parts have been clearing US customs for weeks and even if my evo was assembled and dispatched tomorrow it will still take weeks for it to arrive in the UK.

Meanwhile US customers who have never even looked at the indiegogo page can order online today and receive their unit asap. Beginning to think I should have just sat on my $500 until the evo was released over here.

Not feeling the love.

vapecat

I'm another UK early bird. Everything liscoe said is exactly how I feel at the moment. I'm worried about the customs charges too. From rough calculations it seems if they are applied, I'm going to end up having paid more than it would've cost to order from Vapefiend! :o

vapecat,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
A think a turbine package you are getting is going to cost a lot if it gets available there.
I think the turbine package isn't going to cost less than ~700$ in EU.

Seek,

vakedcow

Who knows, I've been waiting patiently for a device that was due to be shipped at the end of October and nearly four months later it still doesn't seem to have been assembled or fully tested yet.

Whilst I appreciate the teams hard work and regular updates I am now becoming a little frustrated. The parts have been clearing US customs for weeks and even if my evo was assembled and dispatched tomorrow it will still take weeks for it to arrive in the UK.

Meanwhile US customers who have never even looked at the indiegogo page can order online today and receive their unit asap. Beginning to think I should have just sat on my $500 until the evo was released over here.

Not feeling the love.

I feel you man :peace:
What helps me is the thought that we did not merely "buy" one like they can now, we made it possible :tup:

So seen from where it started I think it's ok and I get more anxious to see the device after all that positive feedback and the starter hicups solved :whip:

vakedcow,
Reactions: Enchantre

liscoe

I've been holding on to the 'we made it possible' feeling for the past four months but I'm afraid it's beginning to wear off- just feels like the international contributors, if not forgotten, have been relegated far down Vapexhale's list of priorities. Looking at the official thread they seem to have moved on to designing exciting glass pieces and entering competitions leaving us, who contributed to get their new venture/company off the ground, still waiting.

I can see Stonemonkey updated the official thread with news of another interview a couple of hours ago so he's active on this site but he obviously didn't think to pop over to this thread to let the rest of the world who had faith in Vapexhale know what's going on...

Come on Vapexhale, I am a patient man but you've had a large amount of my money for nearly six months now!

treeman

Not feeling the love.

Well said, also from the UK here. Having pre-ordered the original cloud back in 2011 I can tell you myself, SM55 and VXL have somewhat been a topic of ridicule among my friends who don't quite see the more excellent side of vaping.
I mean we all know that releasing largely any vape takes the piss, but this has been one long drag. Can't tell you the amount of times I've been told that its a scam and VXL don't actually exist. I kinda' find that funny though.

Silent

I still don't fully understand why I haven't been sent a US model with a 220-240v adaptor. This is what every other vape company has done.

I own a Volcano, Extreme Q, MFLB and PAX, they all come with converters and not one if faulty or not fully functional.

smokie

I have no doubts about the company, but we have been three weeks away for what feels like months. The boards were meant to be a 10day turnaround. But they have been in customs for 9days at least going by previous posts

smokie,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
So first things first. We never, ever, ever forget about international customers. If something is in customs, there is nothing anyone can do to speed up the process. We have limited storage facility and like I previously said, nothing would please us more than to get all of these units out. If anyone thinks there is some conspiracy that we are holding back on international customers, that is just ridiculous and counterintuitive to running a good business. There is no reason any business would be stalling to make revenue and if there was anything more that we could do in our power to get that part, obviously we would. Trust us, we don't get any pleasure making you guys wait any longer than you have to.

So here is the good news, it looks like they are saying that our part will clear on the 20th or 21st. We will start building and testing and when Prof Vape feels comfortable, we will send them out. We're not giving any specific date because we don't have that part in hand and until we do and build and test some and feel comfortable that everything they sent us is up to the spec that we requested. When that happens, we will start sending out the units immediately.

vakedcow

thanks for the update and sticking to VapeXhale's high production standards :tup:
sadly the customs wait is as expected but hey, still a lot faster then in some other parts of the world :myday:

vakedcow,

LumeKa

Thanks for the link.
If I had followed the inidegogo path I would be very upset to say the least.
All the customs story sounds like a bad excuse.... I can't figure how basic electronic could take so long to clear customs. Anyway they should have taken this into account way before. So unprofessionnal.

I feel that International customers will have to wait long until they can try this new vape :(

If you pop over to the 'anticipation thread' that all us international indiegogoers are still languishing in you will see we're still waiting on the parts to clear customs. No update for over a week now and we're all getting a bit fed up...

I think we'd all just accept a US version of the evo with a 220V adapter, but an update from someone in Vapexhale (given that they seem to be able to find the time to post on this thread regularly) would be nice.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-cloud-evo-anticipation-thread.10875/page-54

liscoe

I don't think anyone has ever suggested it is a 'conspiracy' that you are holding back on international customers!? Even I at my most cross in a previous comment have only stated that we 'seem to have been forgotten' which given all the exciting things happening on the main thread and lack of updates here is reasonable. From all the comments I've read on this thread (and I check every day) people here seem to be supportive and patient and it's only in the past week or so that the international community have started tearing their hair out...

This is kind of understandable given you completed your domestic indiegogo orders nearly a month ago- which to clarify means everyone in the US has had a working evo for weeks while ours haven't even been assembled or tested yet. It is also difficult not to be irritated that US customers can now purchase straight from your website and receive their evo within days while us indiegogoers, who took the leap of faith and supported your new venture right from the start, are still waiting with no end in sight.

Parts for international orders have been at customs for nearly two weeks. I realise that this is out of your hands but a quick update every so often, even just to tell us that they are still stuck at the border, would be appreciated. I think that the part of the frustration comes from (to quote an previous post) 'we have been three weeks away for what feels like months'. The girlfriend is now thoroughly sick of me saying 'ooh it should be here in a few weeks!' for the past three months.

Why can't Vapexhale offer us a US evo? I myself would probably still wait for the 220-240V version given that it's probably (hopefully!) only a few weeks away but as this has been the case for months it might be an idea. An adapter wouldn't be too hard to find.

I don't want this to come across as completely negative- I am hugely impressed with Vapexhale and as a company your ethics and customer service are fantastic. I have never for one minute regretted investing money in your campaign to create the worlds greatest vape nor ever doubted I would receive one when you guys were ready. It's just getting a bit hard watching all the US lot loving their evos while ours don't seem to get any closer...

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Thanks for the link.
If I had followed the inidegogo path I would be very upset to say the least.
All the customs story sounds like a bad excuse.... I can't figure how basic electronic could take so long to clear customs. Anyway they should have taken this into account way before. So unprofessionnal.

I feel that International customers will have to wait long until they can try this new vape :(

If you can't figure it out then it is obvious that you have no experience with shipping things through customs. The customs bureaucracy of all countries is notorious for unanticipated and often inexplicable delays. It might sound like a bad excuse to you, but posting that and calling VXL unprofessional for not anticipating the delay just makes you look ignorant.

LumeKa

If you can't figure it out then it is obvious that you have no experience with shipping things through customs. The customs bureaucracy of all countries is notorious for unanticipated and often inexplicable delays. It might sound like a bad excuse to you, but posting that and calling VXL unprofessional for not anticipating the delay just makes you look ignorant.

Actually I have experience with international shipping, not on a professional scale though.
What I tried to say (sorry but english is not my mother language) is that I feel that Vapexhale didn't act properly with his international Indigogoers. What's the point in opening this project to everyone if they are not treated equally?

Any US customer can already buy this product for almost a month (maybe more). None of the international Indigogoers have an EVO yet. They should have been prior to any non Indigogoer. Does that sound fair in your ears?

VXL could probably have handled this import way sooner so everybody US and non-US Indigogoers would have been treated equally.

Being professional in my book means to anticipate everything that can be. As you stated before if US customs are known for this kind of delay, why did they take so much time to import their stuff?

Top Bottom