The BHOLT vaporizer

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
The mini is obviously preferred for its smaller size, but I wonder how much smaller the kit/ pouch is than that of the standard. I'd also like to see a pic of the mini assembled (glass tube and heater) or ideally a side-by-side pic of the assembled mini beside an assembled standard BHOLT.

Yeah, I'd love to see something like that as well.

theCerberus

So my BHOLT battery is dead and wont charge anymore. It was a damn short life it had. I am pretty disappointed.

theCerberus,

Krizzle

Hi Very high
So my BHOLT battery is dead and wont charge anymore. It was a damn short life it had. I am pretty disappointed.

That sucks dude! Does that mean you need to get a brand new unit? Battery is not replaceable in these devices I am guessing, just the atomizers?

Krizzle,

jdee

That's cool, this is what happens when you buy disposable batteries, they eventually need to be disposed of. Why not just get a nice battery tube with 510 threaded topcap, and use IMR 18350,18500,18650 batteries, that are easily replaceable, and cheap? Super-t simplicity is made in USA, comes with lifetime warranty, and is only $99 (for the 14500 size), as an example of a battery tube worth looking at.

poonman

Yes , but I was hoping they've improved on the technology of portable batteries and internal batteries .
I like the fact that my Omicron Light has an internal battery and the use of a usb charge pass thru system .
No buying of extra batteries and config. to learn . But , it's true , once the internal battery goes , so does my pen vape . Pros and cons , I guess .

I like the way this vape hits , on vids anyways .
I'm keeping an eye on this thread to see if any mods can be fitted with other 510 threading .
Like you've suggested .

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I'd attempt using another charger before writing off the battery after such a short period of time. The ego (and like) chargers are cheap and not reliable. Also, if your one to have overtightend, the atty has a smell adjustable center pin that can be move with a small flat screwdriver, but only adjust it in 1/4 turns to avoid breaking the wires.

are you getting 'any' indicators from the charger or battery in your attempt to charge ?

theCerberus

That's cool, this is what happens when you buy disposable batteries, they eventually need to be disposed of. Why not just get a nice battery tube with 510 threaded topcap, and use IMR 18350,18500,18650 batteries, that are easily replaceable, and cheap? Super-t simplicity is made in USA, comes with lifetime warranty, and is only $99 (for the 14500 size), as an example of a battery tube worth looking at.

While it may be disposable I charged it less than 10 times. Pretty shitty lifespan.

I'd attempt using another charger before writing off the battery after such a short period of time. The ego (and like) chargers are cheap and not reliable. Also, if your one to have overtightend, the atty has a smell adjustable center pin that can be move with a small flat screwdriver, but only adjust it in 1/4 turns to avoid breaking the wires.

are you getting 'any' indicators from the charger or battery in your attempt to charge ?

The light on the charger remains green, and the light on the battery does not turn on. It used to go red, and the light on the battery would stay lit. I do not have another charger but may venture over to the flea market today as they have an ecig booth.

Not sure if I over-tightened anything but my attys are fine, the battery has a bit of charge left and it will light an atty up for a few seconds before shutting off, and then it wont run a 2nd time. the problem is the battery or the charger, is there something on those to adjust?

Last edited:

poonman

While it may be disposable I charged it less than 10 times. Pretty shitty lifespan.

The light on the charger remains green, and the light on the battery does not turn on. It used to go red, and the light on the battery would stay lit. I do not have another charger but may venture over to the flea market today as they have an ecig booth.

Can you wiggle or move the charging cable to get a connection ?
I have to do that with the usb part sometimes to get it connected right and turn on the light with my Omi .

poonman,

smokum

any ego battery will work using the the reverse cone piece that came with your bholt and the atty. Only diff in the standard ego battery is the ability to stand it up on a desktop with the bohlt wrap & weight, as well as the 5-click lock-off.

Once my battery ends up pooched, I plan to attempt removal of that sleeve and weight to see if its transferable.

If you don't mind the loss of desktop stand ability, and your able to grab ego batteries... choose the larger mAh battery for long life between charges.

Meghan

Not sure if I over-tightened anything but my attys are fine, the battery has a bit of charge left and it will light an atty up for a few seconds before shutting off, and then it wont run a 2nd time. the problem is the battery or the charger, is there something on those to adjust?

My only suggestion would be to make sure that the contact point at the top of the battery is nice and clean. Mine built up a little resin somehow, and when I went to plug it into the charger, I had trouble making the light turn red...I ended up screwing it into the charger harder, which finally made it light up. When I went to take it off the charger later, the resin on the battery stuck to the charger and I ended up pulling the top of the battery off with the charger (a wire was exposed)... Luckily I was able to get the battery back together, take a q-tip with iso and clean off the top, and the next time I went to plug it in to the charger, it charged immediately.

Something to try, though...you may just have a dead battery, but who knows?

theCerberus

Yep, I tried that.
Actually I had just cleaned the battery and charger with cotton swabs for the first time and lots of resin came off. Then I went to charge it and it didnt work.

I tried wiggling the connection but still nothing. :( Looks like the battery is dead.
I also noticed this time the charge was about half the normal amount before it died.

theCerberus,
Reactions: Meghan

smokum

As a side note: I run a usb hub plugged into the wall for charging, and I connect my batteries while the charger is 'live'. This allows me to know when I've made the proper amount of pressure to contact without over tightening, because overdoing it can distort the two pins and fail to contact properly and/or distort them enough to short one or the other.

smokum,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
isn't there some warranty on the parts? Have you exceeded the time limit? I'd contact BHOLT directly.

jambandphan03,

tepictoton

sometimes with my 510 threaded batterys I need to hold them upside down and hit them onto something hard in order for the battery pin to come down a bit and make contact...off course do not hit it to hard, but just tab it...:2c:

and otherwise it might be dead, but I'm sure the BHOLT folks will help you out.

tepictoton,

jdee

sometimes with my 510 threaded batterys I need to hold them upside down and hit them onto something hard in order for the battery pin to come down a bit and make contact...off course do not hit it to hard, but just tab it...:2c:

and otherwise it might be dead, but I'm sure the BHOLT folks will help you out.

Or if you want to elevate a sunken positive pin on an ego batt/510 connection without destroying your device you can gently pry it up alternating sides using a small flathead or the file on nail clippers.

jdee,

tepictoton

hehe thats actually how I destroyed my first ego battery, by prying it up gently...gently tapping upside down has not once created a problem for me...:2c:

tepictoton,

chimpybits

Anyone have any thoughts of a mouthpiece mod for the BHOLT (mini) - something smaller, and less fragile than the glass tube to increase the portability?

Perhaps a short piece of silicon hose. I think nicest though would be a short piece of gg that could fit on top of the atty. Perhaps there is a gg reducer or adapter that would be suitable. Perhaps a custom job for a small blower (such as OGB). I'm not sure if this is what smokum had in mind:
I tried looking for a shorty or stealth 14 mm female glass stopper (or any 14 mm female stopper at all), to use as a plug for loaded atty's on the go with no luck at all ?!? wtf's with THAT ?? :shrug:
Also, hoping the heat gun is made available on the site as I may as well include that and the atty 4 pack to make the shipping to Canada worthwhile. I could instead just ship it to a parcel place "across the line" and bring back over, but I think I'd rather just ship here as long as the delays have been sorted. Thanks smokum et al.
Dumb question: is the LED a part of the heater or the atty part?

Last edited:
chimpybits,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I received few days ago my attys pack, when I ordered it I thought that my first atty longlife was too short, but in fact, after some iso cleaning, my first atty is still working fine (except led).
It's amazing because I never use a high purity extract because I make my concentrates from reclaim or abv or little leaves of bud and there is lot of dust where I live, so oil comes out dark.

I was little bit worry about atty longlife but with 2 or 3 sessions per day I think I can vape a very longtime
with all my attys now.

Could you explain to me quickly what is the differences between oil, wax, shatter and budder, is it just a consistency or it's a different extraction method?(perhaps I don't ask that in this thread...)

I like my Bholt, with the tube or with my bubbler or with the cloud dry mouthpiece

PPN,

No-Wrinkle

I received few days ago my attys pack, when I ordered it I thought that my first atty longlife was too short, but in fact, after some iso cleaning, my first atty is still working fine (except led).
It's amazing because I never use a high purity extract because I make my concentrates from reclaim or abv or little leaves of bud and there is lot of dust where I live, so oil comes out dark.

I was little bit worry about atty longlife but with 2 or 3 sessions per day I think I can vape a very longtime
with all my attys now.

Could you explain to me quickly what is the differences between oil, wax, shatter and budder, is it just a consistency or it's a different extraction method?(perhaps I don't ask that in this thread...)

I like my Bholt, with the tube or with my bubbler or with the cloud dry mouthpiece

I don't have a bholt. However I do have a limited knowledge of extracts.

The difference between wax, shatter, oil, or honeycomb is dependent on the extraction method, starting material, and purge. Co2 oil will tend to be an oil consistency. BHO can be all sorts of colors and consistencies. Honeycomb comes from a long vac purge. Shatter is low and slow. Darker colors can be because of heat during purge, trim, indicas amongst other things.

Stable extracts are usually preferred over goopy or oily ones. However it is not absolute. There are low quality stable extracts as well as high quality sappy extracts.

If you want to make your extracts pristine and don't mind some loss in terpines then I recommend you winterize. Using ethanol(everclear or other 190 proof) you can purify your extracts to beauty. It's not very complicated. If you're interested skunk pharm has a great article on it.

Enjoy your bholt and good luck!

Teedub

Ok I've been playing with my Bholt and really enjoy it. Seriously makes oil a simple pleasure. This thing pumps out THICK milk. Satisfies every time, its very consistent. Very user friendly apart from dealing with dirty atomizer. It hasn't crapped out or stuffed around yet, fingers crossed. The build quality is very backyard, it is decent quality materials but a few scruffy give away's, I think its fine it could just do with a few neater finishes. Feels good and solid in my hand. Comes ready to go and neatly contained.
IMG_0447.jpg

haha case has had previous label wire wheeled off and Bholt sicker applied...
IMG_0454.jpg
IMG_0455.jpg

Mouthpiece is wonky, I do wonder what glue is used to affix mp to glass stem. Can feel bumpy edges under some of the very thick heat shrink. But apart from that feels good.
IMG_0459.jpg

Glass joint has rough edges at base. Seems there is a fair amount of hardware(wires, etc) in the air path but its not getting cooked with hot air. The Unit charges via the the atomizer thread...
IMG_0461.jpg

I really enjoy using it with the stock mouthpiece, I thought I would use it mainly with gongs/bubbler's but it works well as is and unfortunately it doesn't work very well with some of my bigger glass pieces. Something about the air flow through the Bholt is too limited and cant get a decent bubble going. And I swear it worked for a moment first shot then somehow got restricted. I will experiment some more and report back on gong compatibility. The other nagging neg is the amount of unknowns in the air path. Wires, mp adhesives etc. Id like to see some more transparency from the Bholt team about what they have manufactured with.

So far so good, I don't regret the purchase and I am pleased I have it. I am happy with the quality in fact It is better than what I expected. And like has already been mentioned...You will be chewing through extract stashes very quickly! and very easily! Great fun! It really fills a niche for me personally having no oil specific devices.

Nice work Bholt!

Last edited:
Teedub,
Reactions: 2clicker

chimpybits

... I really enjoy using it with the stock mouthpiece, I thought I would use it mainly with gongs/bubbler's but it works well as is and unfortunately it doesn't work very well with some of my bigger glass pieces. Something about the air flow through the Bholt is too limited and cant get a decent bubble going...
I've recently picked up an extracts pen and have just had a couple sessions through my bub and was finding the same thing. I've found that intermittently clearing the bub helps. In other words, I press the power button for a few secs while giving that slow, restricted draw and letting vapour build, then I remove the pen (and release the power), clear, re-insert and repeat this cycle once or twice, then a final clear and exhale. This seems to help.

I wonder if a less tight seal on the joint would help (thereby letting some air in)?

I see you have a whip vape. I have the SSV and the air path is open (as is yours); whereas these pens plug /close that air path?

Anyway, the intermittent approach helped a bit. I'm still experimenting too. :science:

Glad you''re enjoying the Bholt. I was curious if hitting it with the stock mp would be fine.

chimpybits,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
My first atty is dead today, I put a large dab into the cup, heat a little bit to absorb oil and take a nice big draw through my bubbler and after it stopped to work, it don't heat anymore...

It was fallen one time some weeks ago but it was still working very good (a tiny part of the cup was broken)

I soak it in iso bath to reclaim oil and I hope that it start to heat again when it will be dry.....

My oil (ethanol reclaim) made pops rarely but it was happening last time (just before my atty die) is it possible that something in my oil killed the atty?

PPN,

bholt

Manufacturer
Dear FC friends and BHOLT owners! We apologize for not posting recently, we have been very busy preparing our full product lineup and brand new web page for our official launch.. coming very soon!
After the FC reviews and some R&D we have made a few changes to the BHOLT according to what
we learned from all the help and support that we received from the many BHOLT'ers who took part in the review special. Thank you friends for your help! Your requests and expectations have helped me tremendously in designing what the BHOLT is and always will be...USA Handmade, designed for simplicity, versatility, it ACTUALLY works... and all around just makes sense.:rockon:

When I (Aaron, creator, builder and owner of BHOLT) first came up with the GONG atomizer, I originally designed it to be just used in a water pipe. It blew me away how well it worked. Although it was quite different.. the airflow was restricted a bit and has to be exactly what it is to produce the amount of vapor that does. Like a lot of things, you just have to get used to it. For the atomizer i tried to come up with a design that was durable yet disposable and easy to build for production. Similar to a light bulb, they just wear out and you have to replace them. This goes for the tube/mouthpiece as well.. also trying to keep the labor time down so that I can compete in price $$$ with all the Chinese built, big name brand vaporizers/pens on the market. This was challenging, but what I have now I hope will continue to please my customers, just the same as I like my product to please my friends and myself.

CHANGES
So for the changes to the BHOLT I have changed a few small things. The one complaint with the atomizer.. the rough edge on the glass has been eliminated.... this was caused from the method I used to cut the glass to size. The new production standard looks much better and I am hearing from my customers that it seems to work a bit better as well:tup: The new design is 3/8 inch taller and the glass is not directly connected to the metal base, making it almost a tad flexible..this also eliminated the few crooked ones I would end up with from connecting the glass to the metal (tried not to send these out but every once in a while I would miss one).

NEW PRODUCT LINEUP COMING SOON!!

BHOLT will be launching a new line of variable voltage batteries on our new web page along with a few top secret items we are working on, sure to blow our competition out of the water. BHOLT, the first GONG pen/torch nail dome destroyer will have yet another industry first, but you will have to stay tuned to bholtvape.com to find out.

The release of our Product has been a lot of fun and us at BHOLT will continue to build and stand behind our product .. if we can do something to make BHOLT even better you can count on us to do so. we also plan on in the future building super custom "heddy" fully worked glass for the BHOLT but for now the production BHOLT will be sure to impress :wave:

Again thank you to everyone who has supported BHOLT, and if you have purchased a review unit with the old atomizer I would like to offer you the new design at a discount to try out.
We are also going to open up the review discount to our FC friends once again.
please contact us at support@bholtvape.com for more info
newkitbholt.jpg

Top Bottom