The BHOLT vaporizer

Teedub

Nice work Aaron, glad things are progressing. I will def jump on the discount atty deal! :)

I wonder if a less tight seal on the joint would help (thereby letting some air in)?

I see you have a whip vape. I have the SSV and the air path is open (as is yours); whereas these pens plug /close that air path?

Yes I've been meaning to loosen the thread to see if it helps flow, and yeah these pens definitely restrict the air path on larger gongs. That being said the draw is very comfortable on its own or in a smaller piece. Its nothing like the restriction of a pax etc.

Last edited:
Teedub,
Reactions: bholt

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Nices improvements Aaron and happy to heard you and happy to heard that the Bholt will be better, I want to get a new atty and keep an eye on variable voltage batteries...

Did you do a atomizers recycling program, it could be a good idea?

jdee

If the airflow is too tight to use on glass pieces, when used as a stand alone pen, can someone describe the advantages BHOLT has over other pen vapes in the 'bridgeless atomizer in a ceramic cup' style?

How is the ceramic cup being secured to the 510 connection, does it use epoxy like other ceramic cup atomizers?

Would BHOLT users like to see replacement heads under $5 instead of $80(for 4), and have the gong portion be re-usable instead of disposable. Meaning it's separate from the replaceable cartridges, and would slide on or off and be held on by appropriately sized o-rings.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I'd love to be able to user replace the atty core itself ! In these days of recycling to cut down waste in dump sites, it only makes sense..... that, and the cost of use to customers would greatly increase :nod:

Edited to add: I personally don't have any issue with this restriction of airflow others mention, either on its own or through my glass (using a micro bub), and absolutely LOVE my BHOLT.

I do like the idea of a VV device out of the box for those of us wishing to gain better control over the heat applied without the need to pulse the button ;)

bholt

Manufacturer
If the airflow is too tight to use on glass pieces, when used as a stand alone pen, can someone describe the advantages BHOLT has over other pen vapes in the 'bridgeless atomizer in a ceramic cup' style?

How is the ceramic cup being secured to the 510 connection, does it use epoxy like other ceramic cup atomizers?

Would BHOLT users like to see replacement heads under $5 instead of $80(for 4), and have the gong portion be re-usable instead of disposable. Meaning it's separate from the replaceable cartridges, and would slide on or off and be held on by appropriately sized o-rings.

i am familiar with the "globe" burner with replacement atomizers you are talking about i and have found that the coil and cup to be way too big and run way too hot.. the product falls out soon as it is in the upside down water pipe position and also tends to combust rather than atomize/vaporize proper like my handmade version of the gong atomizer.

the BHOLT is designed to work with waterpipes, the airflow is restricted to allow the atomization to work properly without losing product due to combustion or upside down use. the globe will actually burn your product rather than vaporize it.. hence the bad flavor these globes tend to have and the BHOLT does not. when the coil gets too hot and burns the impurities they will stick to the coil as well causing flavor issues.. the BHOLT ceramic cup is designed to let the oils(impurities) escape away from the coil to the outside of the cup while the atomization is happening thus we have much cleaner vapor and long lasting flavor and the oil may be reclaimed from the outside of the cup (cleaning method) with a air heat gun.

Last edited:
bholt,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
i am familiar with the "globe" burner with replacement atomizers you are talking about i and have found that the coil and cup to be way too big and run way too hot.. the product falls out soon as it is in the upside down water pipe position and also tends to combust rather than atomize/vaporize proper like my handmade version of the gong atomizer.

Then it sounds like this is the perfect future engineering challenge for you to strive development on huh ? :whip::wave:

smokum,

2clicker

Observer

the BHOLT is designed to work with waterpipes, the airflow is restricted to allow the atomization to work properly without losing product due to combustion or upside down use. the globe will actually burn your product rather than vaporize it.. hence the bad flavor these globes tend to have and the BHOLT does not. when the coil gets too hot and burns the impurities they will stick to the coil as well causing flavor issues.. the BHOLT ceramic cup is designed to let the oils(impurities) escape away from the coil to the outside of the cup while the atomization is happening thus we have much cleaner vapor and long lasting flavor and the oil may be reclaimed from the outside of the cup (cleaning method) with a air heat gun.

Aaron, nice work with all the new updates! cant wait to try the new atty. and very excited to see what your new surprises are. you mention that you are familiar with the Globe, but have you tried the Halo Titanium Dome? i am curious about these.

anyway, i successfully cleaned my Bholt atty last week. instead of a heat gun i just used a small torch and everything outside of the cup, but inside the gong joint just ran right down and out of the joint. all while holding the atty upside down of course. not sure if any official cleaning instructions were ever released, but a small torch worked pretty well for the inside of the glass joint. cleaning the coil is a whole other story... i havent attempted it yet.

2clicker,

bholt

Manufacturer
Aaron, nice work with all the new updates! cant wait to try the new atty. and very excited to see what your new surprises are. you mention that you are familiar with the Globe, but have you tried the Halo Titanium Dome? i am curious about these.

anyway, i successfully cleaned my Bholt atty last week. instead of a heat gun i just used a small torch and everything outside of the cup, but inside the gong joint just ran right down and out of the joint. all while holding the atty upside down of course. not sure if any official cleaning instructions were ever released, but a small torch worked pretty well for the inside of the glass joint. cleaning the coil is a whole other story... i havent attempted it yet.

yes i did get to try one of them at Hempfest this year at a vendor booth i was walking by.. the vendor stopped me as i was walking (my shirt said "GLASS ON GLASS VAPE PEN" on the front lol) and he asked me if i could load it for a demo.. so i loaded it (had to load about 1/4 g to even get it to rip) and let his customer give it a try. then after his customer left not impressed i tried and was not impressed as well.. it tasted like hot metal tasting smoke mixed with vapor. i ended up showing the vendor a BHOLT rip through a water rig he had..... he now carries BHOLT in his store. i think the problem with these globe types and the odd flavor is the size of the heating element and the amount of energy they use in such a small chamber/globe ..waaaay too hot and also the product just sits and bubbles in a cup leaving the impurity's inside to build up and taint the flavor. just my 2 cents tho.. i actually have a globe and i did use it quite a bit .. it does produce a large milky rip .. but it just is not the flavor i prefer.:suspicious:
i have inexpensive BHOLT approved heat guns in stock now. i will have them on the new page or hit me up on support@bholtvape.com and i can send you one also with cleaning instructions :clap::doh:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi guys, can I use my TV evolution 6v with the bholt atty without any damage?

I want to be able to do it when my bholt battery is charging...

I saw before in this thread that somebody done it, but I don't know if he used a TV evo LV or SV....

PPN,

4DaCrohns

Hey guys! Just received my reviewer BHOLT !

I'll be doing a video review and answering any questions I can as soon as I get an email back from Aaron. A few things looked a rye when I got my package, including integrity of the box and contents. I'm sure we'll get things settled soon =)

4DaCrohns,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I get my answer Fv cells don't fit in, it's 18650 and bholt needs 17670!

PPN,

bholt

Manufacturer
BHOLT GLASS-ON-GLASS VAPORIZER
QUICK START GUIDE
WHAT’S IN YOUR KIT
• BHOLT Glass Oil Atomizer
• Battery & Heat Element (Classic Kit includes a 650 maH battery with
a standing base, Mini Kit includes a 350 maH battery)
• BHOLT Glass Tube
• USB Charger
• Case
CHARGING
Your BHOLT vaporizer kit includes a battery that should provide at least
one full day’s worth of charge (varies according to usage schedule). To charge
the battery, connect it to the included USB charger by screwing it in until the
battery’s blue light comes on and the charger’s indicator light turns red. The
indicator light on the charger will turn green once the battery is fully charged.
WARNING: Over time, the contact points on the battery and/or charger may
become sticky with oil residue. Should this occur, there is the risk that the
battery will be damaged when attempting to remove it from the charger. In the
event that you notice this stickiness and/or have trouble getting the red charging
light to appear on the USB charger, do not overtighten the battery when
attempting to make a connection. Instead, use a Q-tip soaked in at least 90%
isopropyl alcohol to clean the contact points of both the battery and the charger.
Performing this cleaning regularly will prolong the life of your battery!
USING THE BHOLT GLASS-ON-GLASS VAPE PEN
The BHOLT glass atomizer has been optimized for use with either the BHOLT
BHOLT glass tube that’s included in both the Classic and Mini kits or any glass
water pipe with a 14mm female fitting (you may also use an extender to enjoy
the BHOLT with your 18mm glass water pipe). To use the BHOLT glass
atomizer, screw it on to the top of the included battery. To unlock the battery,
click the button five times rapidly. The blue indicator light will flash to indicate
that the battery is ready to use.
The BHOLT glass atomizer is designed to be used only with waxes and oils
that will fully melt without leaving plant material behind. Failure to use
appropriate material will shorten the atomizer’s life. To load the atomizer, simply
take a small dab of wax or oil and place it into the center of the white ceramic
cup. Try to keep your dab size small enough that it fits well within the
ceramic cup. This will keep your atomizer cleaner, longer. There is a wick
burner that runs at 2.8 ohms within the ceramic cup, over the air path. This wick
will eventually become seasoned with melted oils and provide thick, full, longlasting hits, reducing the need to reload small dabs constantly.
If you’re using the BHOLT with the included glass tube, simply slide the
open end of the tube over the atomizer, put the mouthpiece to your lips, and
click and hold the button while inhaling slowly. If your BHOLT glass atomizer
came with an LED light, it should light up while the atomizer heats. You will
very quickly see thick vapor entering the glass tube. The battery has a 7-second
auto-shutoff, so time your hits well. And enjoy!
The BHOLT is also designed for use within a 14mm female fitting on your
favorite piece of glass. The atomizer has been designed to be used upside-down
in a water pipe. Your waxes and oils will soak into the wick and should not leak
out, even while inverted. Please note that it’s particularly important not to
overload the atomizer when using it inverted or else you make experience some
splatter.
CLEANING
Over time, your BHOLT glass atomizer will accumulate oil residue and may

bholt,

bholt

Manufacturer
require cleaning to continue producing vapor. The recommended method for
cleaning the glass atomizer is by using a heat gun (sold separately on the
BHOLT website). To clean your atomizer, first lay out paper towel or some
other surface onto which you can collect the oil residue that you will be
removing. Then, with the atomizer attached to the battery, invert the BHOLT
vape pen so that the atomizer is pointed at the paper towel. With the heat gun
turned on high, run the hot air up and down the sides of the atomizer. You may
find it useful to actually fire your battery at times during this process to further
heat the oil and help remove it more easily. As you heat the atomizer, pause
every few seconds to wipe the top on the paper towel. Oil will start pouring out!
Repeat these steps until you no longer see any oil residue on your paper towel.
While it’s possible to use isopropyl alcohol (at least 90%, the higher, the
better) to do spot-cleaning of the atomizer, we don’t necessarily recommend
soaking your glass atomizer in iso. That said, we have heard reports that people
have been able to successfully clean an atomizer in this fashion. However,
please do not attempt to iso soak an atomizer until the alternative is
throwing it away. We cannot guarantee that it will survive the cleaning!
TIPS, TRICKS, AND THINGS TO KNOW
• Because the wick within the BHOLT glass atomizer’s ceramic cup rests
directly over the air path, melted oils and waxes may eventually
accumulate and cause the atomizer to feel “clogged” when you first
attempt to take a hit. This is normal and is a consequence of the
atomizer’s design. To unclog the atomizer, simply fire the battery and
inhale as though taking a hit. Once the atomizer heats enough to melt the
oil that’s in the air path, you will be rewarded with a mouthful of tasty
vapors!
• If you are concerned about a more solid, less sticky dab falling out of the
ceramic cup while upside-down in your water pipe, try taking a single hit
using the BHOLT glass tube or else firing the button for a second or two BHOLT
to melt down your material just enough to help it “stick” to the wick
before inverting the atomizer.
• If oils get on the outside of your BHOLT glass atomizer and causes it to
get stuck inside a glass joint, use a heat gun or hairdryer to warm it before
attempting removal. Save that glass!
• If you find that your hits have become wispy despite having a fully-loaded
bowl, consider charging your battery. This may be a sign that you’re low
on power!

Thank you meghan.

4DaCrohns

Hey Aaron! Thanks for posting such helpful info! Please check your email for a message from me! Its important...I wanna do my review :peace:

4DaCrohns,

4DaCrohns

I would like to present my first installment in reviewing the BHOLT VAPORIZER...

I will eventually add pictures and a video demonstration as soon as i get through midterms

Recently, I was lucky enough to obtain a reviewer BHOLT and am pleased to say it has become the best portable wax vape in my arsenal.

The Bholt comes with a nifty, sturdy and lowkey case which can stretch a little bit if you wanna put any extra items in the case- it can accommodate. Upon opening, it will contain a battery, two glass atomizers, bholt glass tube and charger.

The Bholt battery is that of a standard ecig (510 thread) but varies in appearance. It has a gryey matte finish with a weighted base to keep it from getting tipsy. I rather like the weighted feel of the battery...it makes me feel like its a sturdier device! You can use any ecig tank on here as well. I've been running my cheap cartomizer on the BHOLT and personally can attest that I get bigger coulds on the BHOLT rather than my other 650mah bat. OH, it also has a ring around the connection area that allows for the GonG atomizers to fit flush against the pen.

The atomizer screws on like any other ecig and fuctions the same- minus all the harmful materials of course. It has a big cup where a small amount of wick and coil can be found. As probaby with everyone, my favorite thing about these atomizers is their ability to fit snugly into any 14mm downstem, I grabbed an adapter (14 to 18) and now it fits in anything. Hydratubes, bubblers, bongs of any kind. It really smoothes out the vapor and increases the hit size- which i think is due to the better seal, as opposed the tube it comes with. I have been told they have a different temperature than the other wax vapes out there that makes sure your product is ACTUALLY VAPORIZED. So no smoked wax for me =)

Bholt engineered this reallly cool tube is a few inches long and is mostly glass. It has matte, almost rubber, rings at the top and bottom and uses a plastic drip tip. It has plenty of space inside the tube to fill with massive amounts of vapor. Surprised me and my friends because we're all used to other brands that dont provide a lot of vapor (much less quality vapor). After frequent use i notice an odd taste and smell from the tube that I cant seem to put my finger on. I was thinking that the drip tip needs replacing and in general the whole tube needs a cleaning...but havent gotten around to that just yet.

The charger is a standard among all 510 ecigs and is pretty useful if you have multiple batteries like me who are absent a charger (due to my own forgetfulness)

USING THE DEVICE

When I finally got some wax, I was ecstatic. Seeing vids and reviews had already built me up to my expectations of the BHOLT and its lived up to it for sure.

Firstly, I tried the BHOLT using the tube it came with. I packed a BB sized dab (C02 Crumble) into the atomizer and gave it a few seconds of preheating to let the wax soak down into the dish/coil. I find it best to (when you first pack ur dab) to hit the button again before you begin your inhalation, otherwise I've noticed a disappointment in size of hit. But after its ready, oh it packs a punch. With each following hit I give it a few seconds to see vapor form and then I inhale, but I dont need to press the button twice to do so.

*Inhaling with the bholt can be tricky. Slow and steady wins the race. I get way bigger hits the slower I inhale. Its deceptive in the videos...because it looks like it should be like taking a dab or hitting the bong, but its all about technique. Here's an easy tool to see if your inhaling correctly. Look at the tube when you inhale, you'll notice vapor formation correlating to the amount of air passing through. You'll eventually get the hang of it and will be pulling giant rips in no time! Even look at the coil- itll change how bright orange it is depending on how you inhale! Faster = less light from the coil, meaning less vapor. One last note on inhaling would be to take care in making sure the seal is tight as can be. I'e had to fiddle with my tube to make it as tight as possible on the GonG atomizer...and still it doesnt seal entirely.*

The hits that come from the tube taste great initially! Full spectrum of flavor from the wax and definitely potent. The vapor isnt that hot either, noticeably different from all other portable wax vapes I've tried. Clean. (Great portability with the tube. I've be able to walk down WeHo, Venice, San Pedro, Torrance etc etc without anyone batting an eye. Ecigs are so popular over here- being noticed isnt a problem. )

Although I'm a fan of the tube, I will say im far more fond of this device when I'm able to run it through something with water filtration. I've tried this pen on 4 different rigs, and I cant say it varies much in performance from one to the other- sparing the ability to press the button again and filling up the more spaicous chambers in some bongs. As with anytime you dab, filtration and diffusion can really change up the quality and smoothness of your hit, and I think that is what makes this pen so appealing- being able to run this pen through as much or as little glass as you want gives you the ability to customize your dabbing experience. As a vocalist, I want tons of time for my vapor to cool, so running thorugh a bigger rig is ideal. You want stronger taste? Small bubblers get the job done. I went to my local collective, where they have a dab bar, and was allowed to run my be through their bongs there, and even converted a couple people due to hit size and my lack of coughing =) , or at least got them to go check out FC and BHOLT websites.

I've also dabbeled into hitting the pen natively...which leads to a even tastier vapor....but is dangerous if your lips get to close to the coil or you have a frisky tongue =P. I didnt have a problem with it but those are things to be wary of.

Overall, I'm still getting to know my BHOLT. Technique devlops daily and so does my appreciation for this device. It can produce clean, tasty, and efficient vapor and I never need a nail, dome, or torch.

I definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for portable wax vaporizers. I should ave demo videos up in week or so...midterms are tough. But I will answer any questions I can in the meantime! Thanks BHOLT for an amazing product and thanks FC for reading =D

gvape

I just wanted to give another review about the device after having it for a while, well not as much as a review on the device, but a review on the company. In the end I just want to warn everyone who chooses to support this product that you will get little to no customer service once they have your money. And if your product breaks, they just talk about how they will fix or replace it and nothing will ever be done. For every 3 emails you send them, you may get 1 reply back and it will take them a few weeks to get back to you.

I have been emailing Aaron (the owner) for a few months now about my product. I never really had it work more then a few days. I have not used this device since I got it a few months ago. I had 3 carts malfunction on me and the BHOLT would take weeks to get back to me, I would have to send 2-3 emails before I would get a response. Then when I finally got a response they would ignore all the questions, state they just want me to be happy and would send a replacement. Well its been three weeks since that email, and I have sent three emails back to them wondering whats going on over the last few weeks. If anything they have just made me more upset since they say they are going to do something and do NOTHING!

The device is great when it works, but honestly it doesnt work how its advertised. At least for me, and I own over 30 vaporizers, I think I have a pretty good handle on how to use any vape. I still have no answer for why each of my attys no longer work and Im just left on the curb with a broken device and waisted money.

So just a little caution for anyone who does back this product that you will not get much customer service and it may break and you will be SOL. Hope this helps some other people from facing what I had to. For everyone else that the vape works for, I wish I was in your shoes and I didnt have to be writing this post. I held back from posting this a few times due to me not wanting to bad mouth the company, but after being talked in circles for so long, I thought it was time to share my experience.

tepictoton

Hey Gvape,

sorry to hear that man...I myself have had gppd customer support from them, being sometimes they are a bit slower then I would like, but in the end they did come trough...:2c: Keep in mind that this is a very small company and they have been having so much succes they are overwhelmed a bit(as to Aaron's own words).

I myself have been waiting for over a month now for some replacements to be shipped...But in the end it will come...

tepictoton,

tepictoton

Just shot you an email...

please know that I was not having an issue ;)

As stated, I know you guys are uber busy, as long as you think of me in the end :)

tepictoton,

gvape

Hey tepictoton,

Im glad you had good customer support from them, Im sure Im only one of the few who has not, since I know others have working products. I just dont find it right to take weeks to get back to someone, and now you are waiting over a month for replacement pieces. Sorry but I find that wrong, I spent money on a vape that doesnt work and cant even get the pieces to fix it? I guess I find that my patience grows thin after waiting 2-3 weeks, or in your case over a month.

BHOLT,

I have sent many emails to you and Im still awaiting a reply. It seems you only respond to my email once I post something on the forums about me being upset. Ill wait with patience (with the little I have left) for a response back.

gvape,
Reactions: weedemon
Top Bottom