The BHOLT vaporizer

Wicksy

So I received my Bholt in the mail today! :clap: Unfortunately I work a 1:30-10:00 shift tonight ... so it will be a bit until I can test her out. Last night my little sister knocked over my new bubbler that I never even used and it shattered on contact :bang: so i'll have to get over to the head shop on pay day to pickup a new 14mm piece. Cannot wait for tonight, I have a feeling this shift will drag on forever.

tepictoton

@gvape: you sure your atty is not just 'clogged' a little? What I mean by this is, sometimes oil seems to make its way into the airtube of the atty (directly under the coil). Mostly it will unplug itself after a short warmup, but sometimes one needs to pull hard to unplug it and get decent vapor prouction again...:2c:

tepictoton,
Reactions: Meghan

Adobewan

@gvape
Try clicking your button 5 times fast. These batteries have a safety that keeps it from being pressed on in your pocket.
5 rapid clicks in a row to turn feature on, or off.

theCerberus

So I received my Bholt in the mail today! :clap: Unfortunately I work a 1:30-10:00 shift tonight ... so it will be a bit until I can test her out. Last night my little sister knocked over my new bubbler that I never even used and it shattered on contact :bang: so i'll have to get over to the head shop on pay day to pickup a new 14mm piece. Cannot wait for tonight, I have a feeling this shift will drag on forever.

Dude, I just got mine too!!
I couldnt figure out how to turn it on at first.
After thinking it was dead, I tried charging it, but the light was green.

Then I thought maybe I hold the button or press it a bunch to turn it on. BINGO. press it about 5-6 times and it lit up blue. :D

I just took a dab of budder off this, and it was amazing. I got a huge hit off it, no burning, flavor was amazing!
I am loving the GonG connection, and I even have a lowpro reducer from PV so I can use my 18mm water tools without problem!! SO FUCKING SMOOTH :rockon:

Last edited:

Meghan

I just wanted to chime in and say that while I have so far only tried two of the six atomizers I bought, both have worked (and both continue to work, LED and all, after weeks of hard usage). My friend has also tried two of her six atomizers, and both those worked (although one has an LED that doesn't work 99% of the time after the first day or so....but she doesn't care because that makes it her "stealth" atty).

I actually cleaned the atomizer that originally came with my BHOLT using the iso soak method. Basically, I filled a shallow dish with just enough isopropyl alcohol (91%...I really need to buy more 99%) to cover the very top little bit of the atomizer as it sat upside-down. I let it soak for a bit, kind of swirling the atty occasionally to get the oil off. I was pretty conservative because I was worried about breaking the atty (it was my only one at the time), so my main concern was simply getting the oil that had leaked over the wick and into the sides out. I didn't have any spillage down near the LED, so I kept that part of the atty well away from the iso. After a while, my atty was perfectly clean up top, where the spillage occurred. I did not attempt to fully clean my wick. After the soak, I rinsed the top of the atty in warm water (and accidentally got some near the LED). Then I blew the atty dry with a hair dryer on low. And...it still works (two weeks after the soak). LED and all. This suggests to me that it's at least possible to do a conservative soak. When my first atty gets so dirty that I no longer want to use it, maybe I will try a deep soak.

I have to say that I've had no problems with my BHOLT whatsoever, nor with my atomizers, and remain very pleased with this product. The customer service has also been awesome for me! My biggest complaint is what this beast is doing to my tolerance. :) I also noticed that my second atomizer has stayed much cleaner than my first one, much longer, and that's entirely due to me having gotten a better feel for dab size. If you want to put a giant dab in there, you definitely run the risk of spillage. I've decided I'd rather load more often than get too messy.

Another tip: as you use the atomizer, your hits may get more wispy initially, as the air path sits directly beneath the wick, and oil can dry on there and restrict the airflow. If this happens, you just need to apply some heat. Usually it will unplug after only 2-3 seconds of steady inhaling, but occasionally I've had to lay on the button twice in a row to make it "snap" out my vapor. It was this phenomenon that inspired me to do the iso soak on my original atty. Once I did that (and fully charged my battery), the problem disappeared. So... a) it's totally normal and really doesn't affect the overall function, and b) a good cleaning (and more conservative dabs) can potentially resolve the issue, if it gets too bad.

I hope this helps some folks!

Adobewan

...I have to say that I've had no problems with my BHOLT whatsoever, nor with my atomizers, and remain very pleased with this product. The customer service has also been awesome for me! My biggest complaint is what this beast is doing to my tolerance... :)
Ditto Meghan!
Quick clean up technique I'm having luck with: heat it up, then swab between heater and glass with a bit of standard pipe cleaner, taking care to swab in two semi-circles, just short of the ends of the wick, on both sides of the heater. I then gently stroke across the coil with a pin(when hot) and toothpick(when cool) clearing residual build-up after the burn off.
My LED had also failed, till I used the pipe cleaner.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
So the LED is positioned inside the cup, or did it fail due to the resin build-up? Seems a bit weird that build-up would prevent the LED from turning on... Doesn't happen with my Launch Box, even when I did lots of ok lout of it and had the LED wires greasy-looking.

Quetzalcoatl,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I got my Bholt 1 week ago and is still working, hits are a little bit smaller but I think that a good cleaning with a heat gun could help more than iso bath (I try it before, it works but not enough) and I think that everybody use it (the bholt) so hard (like me!) that it could affect the atty longlife (the first day l get it l put at least 10 dabs into).
With some heat gun cleaning and a moderate use (3 to 5 dabs per day)I think that you can keep your atty many weeks and after you can replace it (pack of 4 in Bholt store).
I try it with bho, qwiso and reclaim and it works, I know that it could work with hash but I didn't try it(for atomizer longlife)but remenber that purest is the oil better is tha atty longlife(mine becomes dirty when I want to try abv qwiso into...)
The battery long life is amazing, I use it 3 days (at least 100 hits! I didn't count it) before the battery die.
I don't like the design but it's not an issue for me...

The bigger issue is the atty longlife, but as you can replace it, it's not a matter and I hope they are working on a better atomizer.

I want to keep this little vape it's amazing when I want to get very medicated quickly

Thanks Bholt, I'm keepeing one eye on your future evolution, I'm sure you are here for many years!

PPN,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Dying to join in in the satisfaction, but my package tracking just isnt updating since the 15th at LA, and I've yet to receive it :( Sent an email to Aaron in hopes he can find more shipment info.

It's times like this that revert me back to childhood and the 'I WANT IT NOW' attitude...... damn our mail service's tardiness, and damn customs and their delaying items ! Just gimme my shit and let me play :party:

smokum,
Reactions: poonman

tepictoton

Well turns out my atomizers have allready ben shipped the 15th :-)

But...they also seem to be stuck in LA...:shrug:

for the rest all is still good and working as advertised :p

tepictoton,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
one thing I've learned about tracking... it's just a general guideline. Sometimes things just don't get updated properly. I've had packages delivered that showed still partially in transit still on the tracking. It's great when it is keeping up, but it isn't reliably accurate. Add in crossing borders/customs and that can really slow it down as you already know. I hope you guys get your packages quickly too, this is a great oil tool for sure. I am still using mine here and there with no issues. I did try the partial Iso soak, just deep enough to submerge the cup/coil but no deeper. I am not using mine heavily, doing pretty small dabs, so it cleaned up fast and easily. Then I just rinsed the top portion in hot tap water, and blotted with paper towel, then used a hair drier on med, then did a very controlled dry burn off. Again, I didn't fully submerge the atty, just the top part, and I don't have the LED in mine so I can't say how it effects that part.

Sadly all of these kinds of products seem to have a limited life with the heat coil that has no way of determining how long it will last, depending on several factors, quality control in the build, consistency/purity of oils being used (are they leaving thick residue/ash), amount of pressure or wear and tear being put on the coil when loading/cleaning, being run too long/hot or dry for too long.

**Running it at full blast when your oil is running dry is the most detrimental to the life of a heat coil. They are designed to be "wet" and kept lubricated when heating. If you blast your heat coil with long runs and the oil starts to run dry, it can cause the coil to get too hot in tiny areas creating weak spots in the wire which can result in a coil that is only partially lighting up, or simply breaks and becomes useless. I have also seen this occur if accidentally damaging the coil when servicing/cleaning or when loading. They are easy to crush if you are not light handed with your dabbing tools, or try to cram some harder hashes onto the coil.

smokum

No doubt jam.... but I've been using ecigs on & off since 2008, so for myself, I've got a pretty good handle treating atty's with sense and care ;)

That, and I'm a small dab kinda guy anyways hehe.

smokum

FINALLY !! Movement ;) Why the fuck it went from Oregon to Montreal (the slowest customs clearance center in existance), instead of Vancouver for clearance I have no idea, But at least its now released to Can Post and I 'HOPE' to see it Monday noon :rockon:

Sure wish it would have made it today for my BD and to take along on my fishing trip I'm minutes away from leaving on.... but at least I can relax with the hopes of finally enjoying this puppy on my return :party:

tepictoton

hmm mine now says delivered last night at 8.16PM...hehe, so I guess I'll make another extra trip to the office today :D

tepictoton,

theCerberus

so, I've been using this thing every day since Tuesday, and the atomizers fairly clogged and producing wispy hits, I felt it was time for a cleaning but do not have a heat gun.
Since I have a set of atomizers on the way, and can be replaced, I opted to test out 99% ISO cleaning.
I have left it soaking with just the bowl side covered in < 1cm of ISO.
After a few hours the wick is not clean but the bowl and surrounding glass are looking fairly clean.
I will leave it overnight to soak and in the morning I plan to leave it to dry for a few hours with a fan on it.
Afterwards I am planning on ensuring the ISO was evaporated by drying with a hairdryer for a couple minutes.
If anyone has any suggestions for me please post them.
I am hoping this cleaning didnt just break my atomizer :shrug:
Will post back with results.

theCerberus,

theCerberus

Well, its working. The LED didnt work at first, but the coil would heat up. then it started blinking, and now its working properly.

I opted to leave it about 5cm away from my space heater (instead of a fan) on a fairly low setting for a few hours. When I came back there was no ISO smell, but I still went ahead and used a hair dryer on it for about thirty seconds to make sure it was really dry.

I have yet to do a dab off of it but it seems much cleaner and the coil/wick visibly have less gunk on them.
The outsides of the bowl is fairly clean, on the inside of the bowl the sides are black near the bottom, but much less visible build up then before.
When I ran it dry, the first few times visible wispy vapors came off, but now there is absolutely nothing coming off when running dry. seems promising.
There is a kinda burning smell from the coil now but it seems fairly neutral like a toaster heating up. No ISO/alcohol smell at all.

EDIT:I just hit a dab and it works like a champ again. Thick milky vapor, alright taste, Success :).

Last edited:
theCerberus,
Reactions: 2clicker

Chill Dude

This device has caught my attention...

I was wondering if it would work well with less sticky product such as Co2 extracted crumble which is getting pretty popular here in Cali. From reading through the thread, I know it works great with BHO, waxes and shatter......but I haven't heard anything about Co2 extracted crumble. Anyone?

Chill Dude,

Meghan

This device has caught my attention...

I was wondering if it would work well with less sticky product such as Co2 extracted crumble which is getting pretty popular here in Cali. From reading through the thread, I know it works great with BHO, waxes and shatter......but I haven't heard anything about Co2 extracted crumble. Anyone?

I have been using this extensively with CO2 extracted crumble, actually. I bought 4 grams of OG Ringo just a few days after I got my BHOLT, because of my BHOLT. :)

It works great with fullmelt crumble...but the same rules apply. Be a little conservative with your dab. It can definitely leak out if you get overzealous. lol

Chill Dude

I have been using this extensively with CO2 extracted crumble, actually. I bought 4 grams of OG Ringo just a few days after I got my BHOLT, because of my BHOLT. :)

It works great with fullmelt crumble...but the same rules apply. Be a little conservative with your dab. It can definitely leak out if you get overzealous. lol

Thanks Meghan, that's good to know. I've been vaping for quite some time, but have never owned a vape pen before and I have limited experience with concentrates in general. Do you think this would be a good pen for an entry into the concentrate world? Do you simply place a small dab in the middle of the coil, turn it on and hit? Is it that easy?

Chill Dude,

Meghan

Thanks Meghan, that's good to know. I've been vaping for quite some time, but have never owned a vape pen before and I have limited experience with concentrates in general. Do you think this would be a good pen for an entry into the concentrate world? Do you simply place a small dab in the middle of the coil, turn it on and hit? Is it that easy?

I think this is a perfect entry vape pen. It's quick and simple to use--put your dab in the little cup, push the button, and let it rip. The atomizers require a little care and maintenance, but not too bad at all, as long as you're careful with your dabs. Depending on your tolerance, you can get where you want to be extremely fast (making this a great tool for parents or other people who need to sneak in quick sessions). And if you have any 14mm female glass lying around, you're in for a treat. I have this and the O-PHOS, which is another good pen, but man, the BHOLT is my favorite. Especially with my Flex mini rig or Pinnacle WT. :love:

I really can't recommend it enough.

Chill Dude

I think this is a perfect entry vape pen. It's quick and simple to use--put your dab in the little cup, push the button, and let it rip. The atomizers require a little care and maintenance, but not too bad at all, as long as you're careful with your dabs. Depending on your tolerance, you can get where you want to be extremely fast (making this a great tool for parents or other people who need to sneak in quick sessions). And if you have any 14mm female glass lying around, you're in for a treat. I have this and the O-PHOS, which is another good pen, but man, the BHOLT is my favorite. Especially with my Flex mini rig or Pinnacle WT. :love:

I really can't recommend it enough.

Exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm looking for a pen that's quick and easy. I have significant pain at night due to several shoulder surgeries and I like to limit my use of Vicodin. My 11:00pm flower session gets me through until about 3:00 or so, rather than breaking out my solo and doing like 10 hits at 3:00am, it would be nice to preload the bholt and quickly take 3 hits of some heavy Indica concentrate and drift back to sleep pain free!!

I also own the PN water tool. It's good to hear it works well with that piece, but how do u like it with the glass tube included in the kit?

As to cleaning, in general how many sessions can you do before a cleaning of the atomizer is needed?
Do you use a heat gun on low, or ISO? IDN if Bholt has given the okay on the use of Iso....

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this one. I've looked at Some of the high end devices such as the Cera, persei and Omicron, but they seem more geared to heavy medical users who need to load a gram of oil and hit it continually throughout the day. I'm just looking for an easy too use dab style vape that I can use maybe 10 to 12 quick sessions a month and get seriously medicated. I still like my flowers lol...

I can't wait to try this baby. I think it will suit my usage style fine!!

Last edited:

theCerberus

I think this thing is a great vape pen but there is also a ton of room for improvement.
I am hoping bholt is planning new models of atomizers in the future.

I've seen metal/ti atomizers and rubber glass connectors like the vaped globe pen that could make these rebuild able and a lot easier to clean the glass.

With that said it is using some standardized parts, including a 510 ego battery. replacing this with another 510 ego like the joyetech evic could really beef things up.

Anyways I would still recommend the bholt in its current form as it is a great simple GonG concentrate vape.

Chill Dude

The Bholt sounds like a very cool device. Did anyone think about getting the Vaporbrothers Dabbler instead? If so, why did you decide on the Bholt? Was it the GONG feature or the cool led light? The Dabbler seems like the main competitor of the Bholt. They're both at about the same price point and they're bothe dab style vapes that hit hard. Anyone with more experience with pen vapes than I care to compare the pros and cons of these two Dab Vapes?

I'm a newbie to pen vapes and want to make the right choice... thanks

Chill Dude,

Meghan

Exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm looking for a pen that's quick and easy. I have significant pain at night due to several shoulder surgeries and I like to limit my use of Vicodin. My 11:00pm flower session gets me through until about 3:00 or so, rather than breaking out my solo and doing like 10 hits at 3:00am, it would be nice to preload the bholt and quickly take 3 hits of some heavy Indica concentrate and drift back to sleep pain free!!

This is a perfect device for that scenario. In fact, I've done that myself!

I also own the PN water tool. It's good to hear it works well with that piece, but how do u like it with the glass tube included in the kit?

The BHOLT glass tube works great as well. I definitely use it when I'm more on-the-go or don't have any of my glass handy. I do prefer filtering through water only because this thing hits so hard that I appreciate anything that will mellow out the taste a bit.

As to cleaning, in general how many sessions can you do before a cleaning of the atomizer is needed?
Do you use a heat gun on low, or ISO? IDN if Bholt has given the okay on the use of Iso....

It's hard to say how many sessions...I hit my first atomizer every single day, multiple times per day, for super long sessions (in the name of SCIENCE!), and didn't feel that it desperately needed cleaning for a week and a half or so. If you're not a crazy chain-vaper like me, I'm sure you could make it go much, much longer!

I don't have a heat gun, so I've been using a hair dryer--same principle, I assume. I did also soak the top of my atty in iso once, which worked out fine. I do think the hair dryer produces similar results in less time, though.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this one. I've looked at Some of the high end devices such as the Cera, persei and Omicron, but they seem more geared to heavy medical users who need to load a gram of oil and hit it continually throughout the day. I'm just looking for an easy too use dab style vape that I can use maybe 10 to 12 quick sessions a month and get seriously medicated. I still like my flowers lol...

I like my flowers, too. :) I love this vape because it is truly the best way I've found to quickly get seriously medicated. My Healthstone Sherlock runs a close second, but it's not as simple to use and it makes me cough much more than the BHOLT. Also...pretty lights! lol

I can't wait to try this baby. I think it will suit my usage style fine!!

Have fun! :)

Edited to avoid a back-to-back post.

The Bholt sounds like a very cool device. Did anyone think about getting the Vaporbrothers Dabbler instead? If so, why did you decide on the Bholt? Was it the GONG feature or the cool led light? The Dabbler seems like the main competitor of the Bholt. They're both at about the same price point and they're bothe dab style vapes that hit hard. Anyone with more experience with pen vapes than I care to compare the pros and cons of these two Dab Vapes?

I'm a newbie to pen vapes and want to make the right choice... thanks

I actually considered the Dabbler before pulling the trigger on this one. For me, it was the GonG feature (and heck, probably also the pretty light) that sold me. Though to be honest, I had no idea just how much I was going to enjoy using this with my glass. All I can say is the BHOLT has completely cured me of VAS as far as oils/waxes go. I no longer see any need to try the Dabbler. lol

Top Bottom