MeditativeMind

*Insert 'custom title' here*
There is something so relaxing about kicking back with a cup of tea or coffee in the sun with the Air.

Absolutely... but sometimes I do miss waking up in the morning on a nice quiet sunny day, sitting back on my swinging chair, listening to the birds chirping, while lighting up a joint..

I know FC is thinking "JOINT? SMOKING? :goon::goon::goon:"
Don't kill me, FC.. it's only temptations. I promise not to act on them :uhoh:

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Re: cleaning stems

I like making stem milk, it's easy and fast and gets you blown. Cleaning with ISO and letting it evaporate and vaping the oil is fun too, I like having that around... but my favorite thing to do right now is to swab a dirty stem (usually only the plastic tip ones as I find they don't clean that well with a boiling) when it's nice and hot and liquidy-drop looking with a bit of cotton wrapped on a straightened paperclip with the tip slightly bent and vape it right then. Instant gratification.

And speaking of instant gratification... I'm thinking about a desktop of somesort (maybe an eNano) for big rips. I love the AA but would like to be able to consume more at once than it seems to be able to extract at times. I love my Airs more than anything I've probably ever purchased though

GetLeft

I'm dedicated to the screen for a couple of reasons. The airpath stays cleaner longer. And if domed it allows for a tad bit more convection (a little more space for hot air to build up before moving up through the bowl), which I prefer. And like @CalyxSmokr points out, who needs the whole bowl? Unless one's packing now for a second session down the line.

Just like with the Nano, less is more. Pack the AA too full or too tight and you won't have a good experience.

Yes the Nano delivers more faster. A nice pace change that I appreciate from time to time to time.

sickmanfraud

Re: cleaning stems
And speaking of instant gratification... I'm thinking about a desktop of somesort (maybe an eNano) for big rips. I love the AA but would like to be able to consume more at once than it seems to be able to extract at times. I love my Airs more than anything I've probably ever purchased though

Since you are so happy with Arizer products you might want to consider the Extreme Q. Shop around, big price difference between websites.

If you are in the USA buy from a Canadian website to save about 25% off Canadian prices due to currency conversion.

sickmanfraud,

abhishek

Hi
I am finally getting a Air, it will be in my hands by tomorrow...i am just so pumped to get it ...its my new vape after 2 yrs of Solo(battery died so its like a home vape with a PA)

Any tips for me

abhishek

Much like the SOLO, so no tips needed.
Ok then ...any tips for extending battery life..i really miss those days when i used to take my Solo with me in the car,but battery went bad in just 3-5 mths of purchase,hardly lasted 2 sessions outside..maybe i did something wrong

abhishek,

lookhigh

FC member
Buy a few spare battery's?
Dont overcharge or run down completely for longer life.
Same for the Solo battery.
I have some spare solo battery's, still on the original one.

lookhigh,

GetLeft

Or you search 'battery' or 'batteries.' Bucket loads of info. I'd Look it up for you but I'm headed over to 'bump this thread...'...

GetLeft,

ghost

I am considering picking up an air and had a couple questions, I was hoping someone here could answer for me. I apologize if these have already been answered somewhere in this thread, its a long thread, lol.

Can you mute the beeps on this like you can on the solo?

Does it take a standard 18650 battery?

Cheers!

I am considering picking up an air and had a couple questions, I was hoping someone here could answer for me. I apologize if these have already been answered somewhere in this thread, its a long thread, lol.

Can you mute the beeps on this like you can on the solo?

Does it take a standard 18650 battery?

Cheers!

You can mute it. When the unit is on, hold the up button for 2-3 seconds.

As of lately, I think the consensus is that the oem air batteries are the safest and optimal batteries to use. I believe the use of any other 18650 battery voids the warranty. But some people have no problems using other genuine 18650 batteries with no problems so far.

OF

As of lately, I think the consensus is that the oem air batteries are the safest and optimal batteries to use. I believe the use of any other 18650 battery voids the warranty. But some people have no problems using other genuine 18650 batteries with no problems so far.

I second that. While some/many 18650s will work fine no doubt, many won't even fit. And some of those which do aren't up to the duty and cannot be considered safe.

I have piles of high end 18650s of various stripes around here, and flatter myself in thinking I know more about them than the average Joe, but I bought extra factory batteries for spares. I seldom use them but they're only a few dollars more than the replacement. And there are no 'better' (for this use) units out there, no matter what the 'experts' you find around say. Our very on CentiZen researched and tested this extensively to confirm Arizer really does know what they're doing. CZ went so far as the buy the official part from the maker that sells to Arizer and offers them on his site (although postage from Canada often loses to PIU (where I got mine) and places like them).

It's your call, of course, but why risk it for a few bucks?

OF

ghost

Hey Burt and OF, thanks for the info. So I assume you can use a standard 18650 charger for the air batteries, or do you need to buy arizers charger?

I thought of another question as well. A function on the solo that I find extremely helpful, almost essential, is how when you first turn it on, for the first second the leds act as a battery life indicator. Is there a function like this on the air?

OF

Yup. A few different colors leading up to red, at which time it's time to swap out and recharge. I've got three of the oems. Still working great after around a year with nary a problem.

Isn't it 3 steps? Roughly 75% and above (green?), 50 to 75% (white?) and 'half or less charge' (red?)? That is it shares the 'compressed range' problem with the new FM Mini Pro. In car terms the gas gauge won't tell you the most important detail, 'do I have enough gas to make it home?'. That is 'is there two sessions (of a typical four) left, only one or maybe is it about to crash a few minutes into the session?'. Not so useful, really?

Add on top of that it uses red and green to foil us color blind guys so, unlike the FM case, I can't really fully enjoy how lame it is. About all I can say for sure is if it comes up with all 3 colors (what most call 'white', but check it out it's really red, blue and green together...), which I can see as different, I know I have at least 2, probably 3 sessions left. I usually just count.

I can see why this isn't an official feature?

OF

So I assume you can use a standard 18650 charger for the air batteries, or do you need to buy arizers charger?

Yes, you can use any charger that charges Li-ion batteries. I have a Nitecore D4 and Xtar and use it all the time to charge my air batteries.

BurtBigMacklin,
Reactions: GetLeft

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Since you are so happy with Arizer products you might want to consider the Extreme Q. Shop around, big price difference between websites.

If you are in the USA buy from a Canadian website to save about 25% off Canadian prices due to currency conversion.

It's definitely a consideration. I'm not that big of a fan of sucking on a hose though. I think I want to get something I can use with glass without a lot of extra pieces or w/e. But I've seen the EQ for pretty cheap and I'll have to look more into it.

ETA: There is also an orange setting on the battery

beiberhole69,
Reactions: GetLeft

AJS

Calm Consistency
It's that time again, that time for me to stop by and say "goddam! The Air is good!"
This thing always impresses.

Edit:
I'm sittin on a bench vaping and it's just not even fair! Blowin clouds if I want or just nice tasty sips.
Some stoner kids walked past towards the woods and asked if I wanted to smoke. They don't even know I'm already vaping. Priceless.

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
It's definitely a consideration. I'm not that big of a fan of sucking on a hose though. I think I want to get something I can use with glass without a lot of extra pieces or w/e. But I've seen the EQ for pretty cheap and I'll have to look more into it.

ETA: There is also an orange setting on the battery

Get a log vape & be happy. I love my EQ & it is a heavy hitter but my UD sees by far the most use of my vapes. Nothing wrong with the EQ but if you want to get the most out of it it requires optional extras that are breakable (well worth the price but more complicated & breakable). It gets not much simpler than a log vape really & you can get unbreakable stems so you can't go past one. Especially when you see some of the bargains in the classifieds.

Back on topic I find my Air has 3 battery indicator settings & I have get 5 sessions per battery before I charge it.

Green: Good for 2 sessions
Orange: Good for 2 sessions
Red: Good for 2 sessions

One thing I will say is just how many people underestimate the Air especially after drinking. It has had quite the body count of what I like to term "cunts laid out" over it's short life.

Spocks_Katra

Isn't it 3 steps? Roughly 75% and above (green?), 50 to 75% (white?) and 'half or less charge' (red?)? That is it shares the 'compressed range' problem with the new FM Mini Pro. In car terms the gas gauge won't tell you the most important detail, 'do I have enough gas to make it home?'. That is 'is there two sessions (of a typical four) left, only one or maybe is it about to crash a few minutes into the session?'. Not so useful, really?

Add on top of that it uses red and green to foil us color blind guys so, unlike the FM case, I can't really fully enjoy how lame it is. About all I can say for sure is if it comes up with all 3 colors (what most call 'white', but check it out it's really red, blue and green together...), which I can see as different, I know I have at least 2, probably 3 sessions left. I usually just count.

I can see why this isn't an official feature?

OF

it also has orange 25%-50%

Spocks_Katra,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It's that time again, that time for me to stop by and say "goddam! The Air is good!"
This thing always impresses.

Edit:
I'm sittin on a bench vaping and it's just not even fair! Blowin clouds if I want or just nice tasty sips.
Some stoner kids walked past towards the woods and asked if I wanted to smoke. They don't even know I'm already vaping. Priceless.
You know whats best for portables?

I've been using a SOLO for years.
Is a AIR that much better?
I hate removable batteries?

My SOLO taste so amazing?

Do you think I am miss judging?

Top Bottom