CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The stem fits tighter in the Air vs the Solo. The stem is looser in the Solo. @ataxian you should try the AA. I think you would like it. The batteries last almost an hour of use.

The lower temps are best. The higher temps are too harsh for me. You like temp 4 in the Solo, so low would work for you too. Not as many temps to choose as the Solo. It fits well with a bubbler.

A very portable unit. The Solo's skinny little sister. I use the Solo more.

AJS

Calm Consistency
You know whats best for portables?

I've been using a SOLO for years.
Is a AIR that much better?
I hate removable batteries?

My SOLO taste so amazing?

Do you think I am miss judging?

Same heater. Same taste. SOLO has more power due to the bigger battery. AIR is stealthier, but still the same heater, and replaceable batteries.

Stealth isn't important to you I don't believe. SOLO better for you probably?

If you ever find the SOLO to be too big for you, maybe you'll want something smaller because it's easier to operate, then get the AIR!
But remember. The Air has less temp options. 5 instead of, well, idk how many the solo has. That's on you to know ;)

Edit: @CarolKing beat me to it pretty much.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Same heater. Same taste. SOLO has more power due to the bigger battery. AIR is stealthier, but still the same heater, and replaceable batteries.

Stealth isn't important to you I don't believe. SOLO better for you probably?

If you ever find the SOLO to be too big for you, maybe you'll want something smaller because it's easier to operate, then get the AIR!
But remember. The Air has less temp options. 5 instead of, well, idk how many the solo has. That's on you to know ;)

Edit: @CarolKing beat me to it pretty much.
i LOVE MY SOLO and steath is not an issue.

sickmanfraud

It's definitely a consideration. I'm not that big of a fan of sucking on a hose though. I think I want to get something I can use with glass without a lot of extra pieces or w/e. But I've seen the EQ for pretty cheap and I'll have to look more into it.

ETA: There is also an orange setting on the battery

Planetvape has a vortex gong that allows the Extreme Q to used without a whip or bag.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
i LOVE MY SOLO and steath is not an issue.
you're quite familiar with the solo, you're losing some temperature settings and dealing with batteries and chargers. since portability isn't really an issue for you (and neither is stealth), i think you'd find it a bit lacking? you might enjoy the shiny new toy for a while only to find it doesn't suit your needs the way solo does? a little easier in the hand, and definitely sleek, but i spent enough time in the solo thread to know your preferences! you could always sell it on the classifieds (if you want to go through the hassle of buying one, using it, then selling it if you don't like it?). i'm not trying to discourage you! you can buy the black tip stems and put them in the solo and use them for 14mm water pipes? best of both worlds?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
you're quite familiar with the solo, you're losing some temperature settings and dealing with batteries and chargers. since portability isn't really an issue for you (and neither is stealth), i think you'd find it a bit lacking? you might enjoy the shiny new toy for a while only to find it doesn't suit your needs the way solo does? a little easier in the hand, and definitely sleek, but i spent enough time in the solo thread to know your preferences! you could always sell it on the classifieds (if you want to go through the hassle of buying one, using it, then selling it if you don't like it?). i'm not trying to discourage you! you can buy the black tip stems and put them in the solo and use them for 14mm water pipes? best of both worlds?
I hate batteries.
I hate selling stuff.

I hate being left out?
I broke the stems faster than GonG's!

GetLeft

I'm guessing this guy's going to have to clean some of the herb out of the oven when he's done.
A gentle tamp is useful in avoiding that situation. Keeps the holes in the oven from getting clogged, and keeps odors away during next heat up. And I don't skip blue. That's where the best flavor hangs out. You can always move up to higher temps after a couple of flavor hits, so why not enjoy them.

QHkkTYo.jpg

Dirty bowl. Clean holes. Thank you, screen ;)

Last edited:

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Planetvape has a vortex gong that allows the Extreme Q to used without a whip or bag.

I'm going to try to lean my dad towards getting a Q since he sort of wanted a Volcano but not at that price.

It doesn't really suit my needs though. Looking for some simplicity and speed right now... not something I need to mod and get a bunch of attachments for etc

beiberhole69,

Zarco

Question, i havent been able to find a definite answer on the thread. How badly do stems smell after a couple of uses? Do i need to place them in a container or the smell is faint? Also, if i clean them after each use would it be ok?

Thanks!

MeditativeMind

*Insert 'custom title' here*
Question, i havent been able to find a definite answer on the thread. How badly do stems smell after a couple of uses? Do i need to place them in a container or the smell is faint? Also, if i clean them after each use would it be ok?

Thanks!

It's not a smell that would spread throughout a room if that's your concern. If a dirty stem is sitting on the desk you'll only really smell it up close.

It smells like the resin that comes out of a burned joint. Basically the smell of old school honey oil (the non-dabble, dark, low viscosity kind of oil)

Zarco

It's not a smell that would spread throughout a room if that's your concern. If a dirty stem is sitting on the desk you'll only really smell it up close.

It smells like the resin that comes out of a burned joint. Basically the smell of old school honey oil (the non-dabble, dark, low viscosity kind of oil)

I see. Yeah thats my concern, i dont want to open my closet and smell comes out.

Zarco,
Reactions: OF

OF

I see. Yeah thats my concern, i dont want to open my closet and smell comes out.

Always a possibility. Temperature and time (shut up) can be important factors. And also worth considering is the fact that, like school kids sneaking cigarettes, your sense of smell in the area is going to be 'worse' than others......mostly straights at that. You can't rely on your own nose in all cases, by the time you notice many others will have before you (and some still not 'on board'). As a 'partaker' you're automatically less sensitive than those who don't.

To get 100% containment of smell you need to contain 100% of the smell otherwise it can potentially 'build up'. As the levels build up a larger and larger percentage of folks will notice; while others may notice you've no idea until you do.

If the stakes are high, so should your security be.

OF

Zarco

Always a possibility. Temperature and time (shut up) can be important factors. And also worth considering is the fact that, like school kids sneaking cigarettes, your sense of smell in the area is going to be 'worse' than others......mostly straights at that. You can't rely on your own nose in all cases, by the time you notice many others will have before you (and some still not 'on board'). As a 'partaker' you're automatically less sensitive than those who don't.

To get 100% containment of smell you need to contain 100% of the smell otherwise it can potentially 'build up'. As the levels build up a larger and larger percentage of folks will notice; while others may notice you've no idea until you do.

If the stakes are high, so should your security be.

OF

Yeah, guess just to be safe i shall use a container. Thanks

Zarco

Make sure you have a smell proof container for your unvaped cannabis. The cannabis will smell the most. I have a wooden small stash box that doesn't smell.

I didn't think that a well cleaned stem attached to the air had that much of an odor.

Yeah my cannabis is in an airtight jar, no problem there. Was just wondering about the vaporizer and stems.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You could buy a smell proof case. Try Puffitup or some of the other FC sponsors. I would get something that you could tailor with some foam for the inside and cut it to fit your AA and accessories. I think they have AA smell proof cases now.

Last edited:
CarolKing,
Reactions: lookhigh

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Sorry my AA buds. Working 50 to 60 hours a week, weaning off pharmaceuticals (thank God for cannabis), no more alcohol (never drank before my recent bout of *depression*). Life is grand and my 3 Airs are rockin' the 5 boros of New York.

I'm back, and with a clear head for the first time in 4 years.

Snypie

Hello!

I am writing from Hungary. That's a great forum, with a lot's of great people.
I bought an Air in a grow shop. Do you think I got original? So the counterfeit or clone available just on the Internet or in shops too?
I read OF's post, but i don't understand it, i don't what should I look. If I take couple of picture, can you help me?

Sorry for my bad english... :)

Hello!

I am writing from Hungary. That's a great forum, with a lot's of great people.
I bought an Air in a grow shop. Do you think I got original? So the counterfeit or clone available just on the Internet or in shops too?
I read OF's post, but i don't understand it, i don't what should I look. If I take couple of picture, can you help me?

Sorry for my bad english... :)

Sure you can post pics. it might help.

Also, I don't know how well you read english, but if you can read this, it may help: https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/4aefi6/detailed_comparison_of_counterfeit_arizer_air/

Top Bottom