Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@Bravesst i bought my Blackleaf j hooks at Planetvape. They were $20 a piece, I bought 2. Standard shipping only took a week. They are out of Canada on the east coast. I really like using a j hook as an alternative to a water tool. A little easier to get out and more portable.
Off to purchase at PV. I asked the guy in my local shop, and he never heard of a J-hook....
14mm for AA?
Thank you!!!

Last edited:
I start mine on blue and keep it there if I want a more active high. I find when I do go to green I get more sedated. I also have a dome screen so the bowl is a smaller size. I use my MFLB finishing grinder allows for more vapor than a regular grind

CloudScion

when i get my air i usually be always on green ( i had a vape without temp control before the air) but for now i enjoy lower temps (as said before, i feel definitely a difference between temps, with the same strain).
I often enjoy white or blue for the daytime and have green to orange-red for the bubbler or weekend (and sometimes i enjoy higher temps in the evening and sometimes i use higher temps for my AVB and the collected residue).
But yes, for the meantime i enjoy white(sometimes blue) much often, so i have a good and not so strong high and im not so sedated.

I absolutly love the options that the air gives me(us;))

Last edited:

Green Kiwi

After using a launch box for a long time, I received my brand new Solo and it completely blew my mind away. Would you say the Air would've been capable of doing the same?

The reason I ask is 'cause I might me inclined to acquire an Air if it's vapor quality is similar to the Solo
iT IS !Brother.:rockon:

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
for those with a nitcore charger with the digital capacity reading, what's the lowest a battery from an Air has ever read in it for you? Mines is prob 42/43%

beiberhole69,

privacychange123

Hi! I was wondering what kind of bong attachments you guys might recommend? I have the official 14mm 'gong' stem or whatever, but its too short & doesn't actually touch the water in my bong. Is there like some kind of other accessory or tubing I can buy to fix this?

privacychange123,

CalyxSmokr

Hi! I was wondering what kind of bong attachments you guys might recommend? I have the official 14mm 'gong' stem or whatever, but its too short & doesn't actually touch the water in my bong. Is there like some kind of other accessory or tubing I can buy to fix this?
it doesn't need to touch water. sounds like maybe you don't have a bong with glass on glass fitting

Off to purchase at PV. I asked the guy in my local shop, and he never heard of a J-hook....
14mm for AA?
Thank you!!!
depends on gong size. either 18 or 14 depending on what you got

I use green most and then bump up one to finish

CalyxSmokr,

privacychange123

it doesn't need to touch water. sounds like maybe you don't have a bong with glass on glass fitting

I use green most and then bump up one to finish
Oh word? I actually have never used a bong before so I'm still really new to this. http://i.imgur.com/o7t3jX0.jpg So is this actually acceptable? It looks wrong but I don't know bong dynamics like you do!

CalyxSmokr

Oh word? I actually have never used a bong before so I'm still really new to this. http://i.imgur.com/o7t3jX0.jpg So is this actually acceptable? It looks wrong but I don't know bong dynamics like you do!
it is glass on glass but it looks like it is missing the downstem. you should have another piece that does reach the water if I am seeing that correctly.
is it second hand? A downstem should have been included
like this with your arizer gong instead of the removable bowl piece:
1.0x0.jpg

privacychange123

it is glass on glass but it looks like it is missing the downstem. you should have another piece that does reach the water if I am seeing that correctly.
is it second hand? A downstem should have been included
Yeah, a downstem is included, but the way the bowl is shaped doesn't allow for my attachment. http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/glass-ice-bong-1.html

Sorry for comin off so clueless, its ok if I'm short an accessory/item, I just feel like a dummy.

edit: after looking at your picture I think maybe I need to buy a different downstem for this bong, or something. the bowl doesn't come unattached. I imagine thats part of the problem!!

CalyxSmokr

Yeah, a downstem is included, but the way the bowl is shaped doesn't allow for my attachment. http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/glass-ice-bong-1.html

Sorry for comin off so clueless, its ok if I'm short an accessory/item, I just feel like a dummy.

edit: after looking at your picture I think maybe I need to buy a different downstem for this bong, or something. the bowl doesn't come unattached. I imagine thats part of the problem!!
my guess is that you have the wrong gong size if it does not fit in the downstem. you can replace either the downstem or gong to get them to match. If the stem is too big then it is an 18 and you need a 14mm downstem or vice versa...if the down stem is too small then it is 14mm and you need an 18mm.

the link says it is a 14mm so I am guessing your gong is too big to fit. I would order a 14mm gong to use with that piece but if you have a headshop with downstems locally then that might be cheaper.

CalyxSmokr,

privacychange123

my guess is that you have the wrong gong size if it does not fit in the downstem. you can replace either the downstem or gong to get them to match. If the stem is too big then it is an 18 and you need a 14mm downstem or vice versa...if the down stem is too small then it is 14mm and you need an 18mm.
The gong I have fits like a glove into the slot without the downstem in it, and its 14mm, but yeah its hugely too small for the bowl on the downstem! Do you personally recommend any place where I can grab an 18mm?

http://i.imgur.com/2GAYGxx.jpg Is what it looks like sitting in the bowl. Would that 4mm make that big of a difference? I'm ok with being told I maybe kinda fucked myself in buying this bong to use with my arizer.

privacychange123,
Reactions: OF

CalyxSmokr

The gong I have fits like a glove into the slot without the downstem in it, and its 14mm, but yeah its hugely too small for the bowl on the downstem! Do you personally recommend any place where I can grab an 18mm?

http://i.imgur.com/2GAYGxx.jpg Is what it looks like sitting in the bowl. Would that 4mm make that big of a difference? I'm ok with being told I maybe kinda fucked myself in buying this bong to use with my arizer.
that is a downstem I haven't seen. The down stems have 2 sizes - where it fits in the pipe - yours is 14 - and the opening at the end where you insert the gong. I think you need a 14/14 glass on glass stem and you have something different. I would replace the downstem. I will look around when I get back and pm you. The mods will get mad if we talk too much about something other than the arizer itself in this thread so maybe I will pm you.
If you have headshops in your area they should know what a 14/14 glass on glass stem is but you need one the right length

CalyxSmokr,
Reactions: OF

privacychange123

that is a downstem I haven't seen. The down stems have 2 sizes - where it fits in the pipe - yours is 14 - and the opening at the end where you insert the gong. I think you need a 14/14 glass on glass stem and you have something different. I would replace the downstem. I will look around when I get back and pm you. The mods will get mad if we talk too much about something other than the arizer itself in this thread so maybe I will pm you.
If you have headshops in your area they should know what a 14/14 glass on glass stem is but you need one the right length
For sure! Thank you very much for the help.

privacychange123,
Reactions: CalyxSmokr

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I believe that the j hooks at planetvape come in the two sizes 18 and 14mm. I bought the 18mm size so I can use it will my Enano too.

I've seen some nice j hooks on @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd JoDa glass website here on fc too.

CarolKing,

OF

The problem you have is the end of that downstem is a bowl (intended to be filled with herb), not a GonG fitting (intended to link to another piece of glass). The angle of the taper is wrong (GonG fittings have smaller angles like the piece on your Air) and it's not precision enough (it's not ground glass like the other GonG fittings in your photo are. Even if you got a good match it wouldn't be round enough to seal 'glass on glass'.

However, if you wrap some rubber bands around the end of the GonG fitting on the Air, enough to build up the diameter enough to seal against the bowl you should be good to go. Not elegant, but something you can do tonight.

You might want to check out the 'cheap glass thread', lots of good stuff from DHGate in use by many Members around here. In the end WTs for smoking are OK with vapor, but ones designed for vapor tend to be better I think.

that is a downstem I haven't seen. The down stems have 2 sizes - where it fits in the pipe - yours is 14 - and the opening at the end where you insert the gong.

Nope, don't agree for the reasons above. Some downstems (like the on on my big bucks Ehle) end in bowls not fittings. I had to buy a new downstem for it to mate with vapes. I think WTs made for nails (concentrate) use are really what we want?

OF

privacychange123

The problem you have is the end of that downstem is a bowl (intended to be filled with herb), not a GonG fitting (intended to link to another piece of glass). The angle of the taper is wrong (GonG fittings have smaller angles like the piece on your Air) and it's not precision enough (it's not ground glass like the other GonG fittings in your photo are. Even if you got a good match it wouldn't be round enough to seal 'glass on glass'.

However, if you wrap some rubber bands around the end of the GonG fitting on the Air, enough to build up the diameter enough to seal against the bowl you should be good to go. Not elegant, but something you can do tonight.

You might want to check out the 'cheap glass thread', lots of good stuff from DHGate in use by many Members around here. In the end WTs for smoking are OK with vapor, but ones designed for vapor tend to be better I think.

Nope, don't agree for the reasons above. Some downstems (like the on on my big bucks Ehle) end in bowls not fittings. I had to buy a new downstem for it to mate with vapes. I think WTs made for nails (concentrate) use are really what we want?

OF
Thank you all for so much help. I managed to just call up a local headshop here in Portland and they have exactly what I'm looking for (using that 14/14 glass on glass terminology got me exactly what I wanted). So I'm going to go grab that now! Again, thank you so much!

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
The little rubber piece on the top of the air that covers the heating chamber has come off of my air. Is this important/where to get a new one?
Have you lost it or still in possession? If it's not truly broken, you can try to re-attach it.. a little fiddly but I had this a week ago. Thought the little t-pin-thing was wrenched off, but it was ok. So I had to poke it back in it's hole... working again. :)

Lackasham

It's still in my possession buthe I'm not sure if it is broken or not. I try to reattach it and it works sometimes but will come out again next time I try to use it

OF

Anyone have any more information on the heater plate that had the 4 holes drilled in it? anyone know where to get it ? and how long its been out?

They apparently are 'brand new'. They've always had four holes, like Solo before them, this is just a change. They are part of the oven assembly, the only way to get one is to buy the vape wrapped around them.........

The little rubber piece on the top of the air that covers the heating chamber has come off of my air. Is this important/where to get a new one?

I think it's safe to say most of us pull them off? They're a nuisance on Solo (where they don't 'stick out' all the time), a true PITA in Air where they do. If you want to put it back in, check the little stem for a barb (bulge) about mid way. If it's there you can do it, if it's broken off short you're SOL. Remove the cap, insert the stud up to the barb then reach up inside and grab the stub end of it and pull the barb through the slot.......but I think you'll be sorry......

FWIW I recall someone saying they got a replacement for their Solo from Arizer, I posted the same 'secret technique' there?

OF

tripwire

Jack of all trades, partaker of vape
I got a reply from Arizer the other day when I inquired about getting a replacement silicone cap for my Solo.
Arizer doesn't sell the silicone cap as a separate item but they do sell the screw on top with the cap as an assembly for CDN $10.
I would imagine the same is true for the Air.

OF

I got a reply from Arizer the other day when I inquired about getting a replacement silicone cap for my Solo.
Arizer doesn't sell the silicone cap as a separate item but they do sell the screw on top with the cap as an assembly for CDN $10.
I would imagine the same is true for the Air.

I'm not sure how useful that is, given that while Air caps interchange, Solo ones don't. You might end up throwing the new cap away because it doesn't fit your body?

Thanks, good information. Silly cover, anyway, best without it. I just checked 3 Solos and two Airs here, I've taken the silly covers off all of them....... Somewhere I've got a little bag with at least some of them in it.

OF

Top Bottom