MeditativeMind

*Insert 'custom title' here*
Could you tell me where and what page that list is on? I can't go through 300+ pages again. TIA!

Here, I found one of my posts about it

A few more things I noticed between my old Air (bought early 2015) and my new one (bought today)

- the mixing tool no longer has a pin tip. It now has a scoop tip similar to some dab tools.
- there is a sleeve around the brown box with Arizer branding and basic product info
- the charging adapter is made/supplied by a different company
- the steel in the chamber is cut deeper near the 4 holes. I believe they did this to increase airflow. Basically the bottom of the stem no longer forms a complete circle on top of the steel plate.. there is a 1mm gap at each 4 holes.

As previously mentioned:
- yellow LED is now orange
- white LED is now pink
- bottom battery cap has logos for RoHS, weather, and disposal

Pretty much everything except the pink light is a positive change. Sorry if these things have been mentioned but I haven't been following the thread for the past few months.

So everything mentioned there
+ the plastic mouthpiece stem is longer and the mouthpiece has a wider hole.
+ Batteries are basically the same. The old one is BAK A06 wrapped in red and the new one is BAK A02 wrapped in purple. It also says 'Manufactured for UQC, Inc.' on it which is the manufacturer of the Arizer Air.
+ there is a serial number next to the pin where the battery goes
+ there is a QC sticker lined up near the top part (with the slits) and the main part of the unit. I'm guessing if it's removed then warranty is void since it might mean the user removed the top part? My older unit didn't have this.

Aaaaaaaaaaand I think that's it. If I come across anything else I'll let you guys know.

AEQfan

Here, I found one of my posts about it

So everything mentioned there
+ the plastic mouthpiece stem is longer and the mouthpiece has a wider hole.
+ Batteries are basically the same. The old one is BAK A06 wrapped in red and the new one is BAK A02 wrapped in purple. It also says 'Manufactured for UQC, Inc.' on it which is the manufacturer of the Arizer Air.
+ there is a serial number next to the pin where the battery goes
+ there is a QC sticker lined up near the top part (with the slits) and the main part of the unit. I'm guessing if it's removed then warranty is void since it might mean the user removed the top part? My older unit didn't have this.

Aaaaaaaaaaand I think that's it. If I come across anything else I'll let you guys know.

Thank you. Here's something interesting. I bought mine two weeks ago, received it this past Sat. It has the scoop style tool instead of pick. I can't remember if the white light is indeed white or if it's pink. But I remember thinking the light looked different. I'll check tonight. It comes with the purple wrapped battery with all the markings you mentioned. But mine does not have the cutouts on the plate like yours does. I guess mine is an older, but not old version. Something in between I suppose.

MeditativeMind

*Insert 'custom title' here*
Thank you. Here's something interesting. I bought mine two weeks ago, received it this past Sat. It has the scoop style tool instead of pick. I can't remember if the white light is indeed white or if it's pink. But I remember thinking the light looked different. I'll check tonight. It comes with the purple wrapped battery with all the markings you mentioned. But mine does not have the cutouts on the plate like yours does. I guess mine is an older, but not old version. Something in between I suppose.

From looking around the internet I'm guessing they had about 4-5 revisions. My old unit was probably revision 2 and the latest ones maybe rev5? I have no idea.. but just like the Solo (or basically any electronics) they've been fixing/changing things every so often

MeditativeMind,
Reactions: CarolKing

Justpassedu

I would have thought it was a knockoff as well but I confirmed my store was an authorized dealer. I also got a second unit directly from Arizer (warranty replacement) and it had all the new changes so I know it's legit.

The airflow is greatly improved in my opinion. Sometimes if I pack the bowl too tight I still have to lift the stem up a bit but compared to my older revision Air this one has much better airflow.

I have yet to purchase any of those high-efficiency stems but I plan on doing that soon. What tool did you use to cut your own slits?

I used a dremel rotary tool with a diamond bit attached and i held the stem under some running water while cutting. Be very careful doing this if you choose to do so.

Justpassedu,

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
interesting pics of the design changes in the oven. I asked Arizer support if there should be a difference between my two units and their draw restrictions, but no reply. Kind of tired of having to email them twice ("carbon" copies) every couple of days to get a response

beiberhole69,

Lokbok

Sounds reasonable to me to remind folks that they don't need to buy an external charger when that's the case? It's an option? But that is there, not here?

I too charge my batteries in the Air. Both the 'main using one' and the spare. IMO it's part of the design of the system. It's not the same as say Solo, FMs or any of a number of other vapes which have 18650s which cannot be removed by the end user and therefore lack both backup batteries and a way to charge them using a vape.

I too recommend charging in Air for most users. And charging in the 'mod' (Air body) is what the maker of the device recommends in this case. Unlike say Joytech who makes my new VTC Mini mod which will charge it's removable 18650 via a USB port....but which that maker recommends not doing on a routine basis.........

I'm more laying out the information/options and letting my fellow Members make informed buying decisions. IMO using Air to charge it's own backup batteries is not only a sound, safe thing to do but it is recommended by the maker in this case. Examples involving different devices are examples using different devices.

"Dude you don't need a separate charger for your Air, your Air can be used as a charger"?

OF

Just out of curiosity, are there any advantages to charging with the Air vs an external charger? Still debating if I should get a Nitecore i2. Thanks.

OF

Just out of curiosity, are there any advantages to charging with the Air vs an external charger? Still debating if I should get a Nitecore i2. Thanks.

Depends on how big a hurry you're in. I have lots of chargers but charge my factory Air batteries in an Air. It's faster than many aftermarket chargers, over 50% faster than that one (a battery that takes 3 hours in the i2 will take under 2 in Air). I charge my spare in the Air as well.

Your call, of course, but I'd rather get a USB cable and a car USB adapter. Have more flexibility and save a few bucks?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/cable-USB-4...pply-5V-Tablet-Android-Sony-PSP-/281234981407

OF

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have a Nitecore and have been happy with it. If my batteries are real low it takes 3 1/2 - 4 hours to charge. That's the 2 battery charger. It was around $18, that included the car charger too. That was through Amazon.

I have had good luck every time I've contacted Arizer through an Email. I've contacted them about 3 times over the past 2 years. I've always gotten a response from Kevin within 72 hours or less.

Lokbok

Depends on how big a hurry you're in. I have lots of chargers but charge my factory Air batteries in an Air. It's faster than many aftermarket chargers, over 50% faster than that one (a battery that takes 3 hours in the i2 will take under 2 in Air). I charge my spare in the Air as well.

Your call, of course, but I'd rather get a USB cable and a car USB adapter. Have more flexibility and save a few bucks?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/cable-USB-4...pply-5V-Tablet-Android-Sony-PSP-/281234981407

OF
Ahhh, ok.. didn't realize it was faster in the Air. I generally always just charge and take out the battery once its full. I never had the need to charge both at the same time yet. Suppose I'll just save the money (and space... all these chargers, power adapters, etc are taking up estate in my nightstand) for now. Thanks for the input.

OF

Ahhh, ok.. didn't realize it was faster in the Air.

Yep. It varies a bit from Air to Air, but the one I'm using right now (in fact charged this morning....) does most of the good work at 810mA or so. The i2 does it at 500mA per slot. So a quick 'back of the envelope' calculation says the Air charges at 810/500 or 1.64 times faster. A sixty plus percent gain? What Air does in an hour (810mAh) takes the i2 38.4 minutes more (98.4 total).

There are chargers that can charge at 1 Amp (I have a couple I use 'all the time' for other 18650 charging, I've even got one around somewhere that does 2.0 Amps but I don't like the way it heats the batteries doing so (at least in some cases).

For most guys I think leaving the battery in is the right call, save swaps for big parties, emergencies and replacements when you wear one out? Less trouble and often less time consuming. Less to go wrong.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Lokbok

InspireAndAdmire

Are there any air tight containers I can store the device in? Need to be discreet about the smell lingering around in the house. The earthy aroma is noticeable.

Exact size with less space used would be appreciated. Thanks

InspireAndAdmire,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
You might remember my list of differences from my old Arizer Air (purchased this time last year) and my latest revision Arizer Air (purchased last month).

I have one more thing to add... the stem with the plastic mouthpiece is longer. Also, the plastic mouthpiece has a wider hole.

And here are pictures of the new plate I was talking about. The plate is lower at each hole so you no longer need to lift the stem to get better airflow.

yCJvBve.jpg
I want that

GetLeft

Imagine that. An improved version of the AA!

I'm interested to know if that modified oven floor is a real enhancement or just a modification necessitated for manufacturing reasons and not related to performance. If the only upside is the lack of a need to adjust the stem (which really represents no 'down side' for me), I might sit it out this round. After all, to have a less restricted draw, more power would be needed to maintain the same vapor output. And doesn't it look like those holes run a little more risk of clogging?

I'll keep dreaming though. Imagine my current AA being a back up to a better AA. Could the universe be that benevolent?

lookhigh

FC member
I wonder how thick that oven plate is on the older Air, Would not be difficult to do the same with my Dremel?

lookhigh,

EmpireKush

I recently lost the battery cap for my air. It got very hot and seemed like it was going to burn. In an intoxicated state, I threw it into the snow. Arizer is not honoring the warranty because the serial number is on that cap. Thats completely egregious. I think using it in very cold weather (-20) out is what caused it, but I think its absurd they're not honoring the warranty despite my receipt. Anyone have any ideas on what I should do(or want to give me a serial number for their Air (pretty please and thanks))

priestsmiler

Forgive me for saying this... but maybe get a clone then u will have a new (fake bottom cap). Another charger, the glass tips, an extra battery and a spare unit that could be a backup vape or 1 to take out as a more disposable option. I would consider this an option only if arizer will not help you out with your authentic model.

priestsmiler,

AEQfan

You might remember my list of differences from my old Arizer Air (purchased this time last year) and my latest revision Arizer Air (purchased last month).

I have one more thing to add... the stem with the plastic mouthpiece is longer. Also, the plastic mouthpiece has a wider hole.

And here are pictures of the new plate I was talking about. The plate is lower at each hole so you no longer need to lift the stem to get better airflow.

yCJvBve.jpg
I have the opportunity to send mine back and get it upgraded to the newest version. All I'd have to do is pay for shipping. Mine seems to have everything yours does with the exception of the cut outs. Do you think it's worth me sending back?

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
I recently lost the battery cap for my air. It got very hot and seemed like it was going to burn. In an intoxicated state, I threw it into the snow. Arizer is not honoring the warranty because the serial number is on that cap. Thats completely egregious. I think using it in very cold weather (-20) out is what caused it, but I think its absurd they're not honoring the warranty despite my receipt. Anyone have any ideas on what I should do(or want to give me a serial number for their Air (pretty please and thanks))

You probably already thew it out but the box the AA comes in has the SN on it.

If that's the case I'd contact Arizer and let them know you're fine with them not honoring the warranty (dude you lost the cap, it's far from egregious), but ask if you can purchase that part from them (without a SN) for $20 or $30 dollars. You may first want to ask what the situation would be like if you did have the SN but not the cap... so you know if there policy is to replace/repair you can buy a $110ish Air on eBay from an unauthorized seller and use that SN and then have a backup Air.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Posts written to offend are not allowed and your vulgar reference to Arizer has earned you a warning point.
Sounds like Arizer made a poor design choice by not having the serial number on both the cap & body. Thinking about it it is fucking culpable really & then blame the consumer when something happens. It is like a car maker saying fuck putting the VIN on the body lets rivet it to the door! Good advice from @beiberhole69 on the packaging as that does indeed have the serial numbers & it won't hurt to try.

Fingers crossed both my Arizer products continue to work as they sound like a pack of cunts to deal with when it comes to issues slightly out of the norm.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I had a vaporizer company request that I send back the original box as well as the vaporizer when I needed a repair.

This had been 6 months and I didn't have the original box. I wasn't able to get the unit repaired. I think this company did that on purpose knowing not everyone would be keeping the boxes. Make sure you keep your boxes. This wasn't Arizer.

OF

I think this company did that on purpose knowing not everyone would be keeping the boxes. Make sure you keep your boxes. This wasn't Arizer.

Perhaps, but in at least some cases it's because otherwise you get a box of junk. I've been there, in prior jobs. Packing can be very important if you intend to repair rather than replace. "It didn't have scratches when I sent it to you.....". If you don't have the official packing you might contact the maker and ask him to send you a set so you can safely ship it back. Demanding the original packaging is not legal otherwise (yes, been there too). Our lawyer explained it that 'in original packing' is what's called a 'boxtop license', if it was not specified up front it's not a part of the warranty agreement. If we wanted to insist on our packaging we had to be ready to provide it. So we did.

BTW, after getting scammed too often from a couple of Dealers in Florida we also started taking photos of incoming units. This was in the days of real film, we wouldn't develop the film if there were no issues, but doing so once per Dealer stopped the BS in it's tracks. The Owners had something to confront the Service Managers with (or so they claimed).........

OF

lemmeadem

Sounds like Arizer made a poor design choice by not having the serial number on both the cap & body. Thinking about it it is fucking culpable really & then blame the consumer when something happens. It is like a car maker saying fuck putting the VIN on the body lets rivet it to the door! Good advice from @beiberhole69 on the packaging as that does indeed have the serial numbers & it won't hurt to try.

Fingers crossed both my Arizer products continue to work as they sound like a pack of cunts to deal with when it comes to issues slightly out of the norm.

Why is that a poor design choice? The cap is required to function, no? It'd be less like putting the VIN on a door and more like putting a VIN on the block.

They've attached the serial to the box and the vape - at some point, it's the consumer's responsibility to ensure they're within warranty restrictions so I don't see a problem with how they've reacted.

lemmeadem,
Top Bottom