bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
Longtime lurker between here and r/vaporents. Have an EQ and just got my Air this morning. What a great unit, can't wait to fully put it through its paces. Grateful for all the information here, all the tips/mods make a world of a difference for a first sesh and beyond.

I'm sure its been addressed before, but I'm wondering if there is a real need to stir the load itself in the Air, as I do with my EQ elbow packs? I usually stir at least once whenever raising the temp. And is it recommended to put a screen at the bottom of the oven itself, to help prevent the loose bits from making contact with the oven? Or is the consensus to not care that much and just dump it all out after?

I personally do when its convenient (sitting at home rather than out and about) but I don't believe its 100% necessary. I find when the vapor starts to get thin if I give it a stir I notice a bit more for the next few hits. Does depend how you vape, if you take a few hits then dump it with some potency still left I wouldn't bother. However if you are the type of person that likes 100% extraction a stir when the vapor gets thin cant hurt.

Enjoy the vape :)

Last edited:

tripwire

Jack of all trades, partaker of vape
Air is automatic, simple yes, but so underpowered hence slow sipping (mine also lost its good taste so I sold it, done with Arizer)
I too find the Air under powered. Let me clarify, the battery + heater combo do the job well but heat up time is slow by today's standards. Arizer makes bullet proof products though. The fit and finish and the solid reliability are outstanding.
IMO, the Air is a refined Solo. This *could* be a stellar vape if it would heat up faster and be USB rechargeable vs. the proprietary charger, forcing you to have to carry yet another charger with you.
I purchased an Ecapple iv-1 prior to the Air. The iv-1 has a wicked fast heat up, USB charging, and is almost a third the price of an Air.
I'm Canadian and am proud of Arizer's commitment to quality and safety. When you see RohS and other certifications on an Arizer product, you can be sure they are legit. That's the difference with the Chinese manufactured vapes.
The balance or feel of the Air in your hands is incomparable to the iv-1.
As for the quality and reliability, I can bet on the Arizer lasting for years.
The Air has the potential to be the best portable conduction vape.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I too find the Air under powered. Let me clarify, the battery + heater combo do the job well but heat up time is slow by today's standards. Arizer makes bullet proof products though. The fit and finish and the solid reliability are outstanding.
IMO, the Air is a refined Solo. This *could* be a stellar vape if it would heat up faster and be USB rechargeable vs. the proprietary charger, forcing you to have to carry yet another charger with you.
I purchased an Ecapple iv-1 prior to the Air. The iv-1 has a wicked fast heat up, USB charging, and is almost a third the price of an Air.
I'm Canadian and am proud of Arizer's commitment to quality and safety. When you see RohS and other certifications on an Arizer product, you can be sure they are legit. That's the difference with the Chinese manufactured vapes.
The balance or feel of the Air in your hands is incomparable to the iv-1.
As for the quality and reliability, I can bet on the Arizer lasting for years.
The Air has the potential to be the best portable conduction vape.

Yeah, and with replacable batteries usb is no big deal imo, its just the not the style of vape I enjoy anymore regardless. Overall I would and still do recommend the Air, I enjoyed it a lot a while as evidenced here (had the original new model from the initial Black Friday sale last year), but the experience simply soured, for me at least. Maybe I'd feel different if I tried one again now, but I'm counting on Indica for my session conduction (loved the original, we'll see how they do with the two new versions)

OF

This *could* be a stellar vape if it would heat up faster and be USB rechargeable vs. the proprietary charger, forcing you to have to carry yet another charger with you.

But it is "USB rechargeable", all you need is the right cable, right? No need for a charger, any handy USB source will work (mains, auto/RV, power bank, computer, etc.).

If speed is an issue there are other vapes better for a quick hit or two on the sly for sure, but none I know of match the Solo/Air for taste on a routine basis due to ease keeping the stems clean?

OF

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I really don't think that a 2 min heat up time is that long. You need to use a vaporizer that best suits your needs. The Air isn't a hit it and quit it type of vaporizer. It's a session vape. There isn't a small portable vaporizer that vaporizes cannabis that's too much smaller than the AA that is well made and produces good vapor. The Grasshopper is still on the distant horizon for many.

The AA that I have produces better flavor than my Indica portable. I've been hearing a while about a new Indica soon.

Jethro

I know I'd buy it in a second if they announced something new. All there products have never failed me.

Man that is great. I just opened this forum for the first time in a few months maybe and see that the Arizer Solo thread is still going strong. Some people talking about buying one. That fact and the testament of many others that share your opinion really says something about the product and the company. I've owned a Pax for years now, and when the Air came out I really wanted one. I can see I still need to make that purchase. Might be my Christmas present to myself this year!

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Man that is great. I just opened this forum for the first time in a few months maybe and see that the Arizer Solo thread is still going strong. Some people talking about buying one. That fact and the testament of many others that share your opinion really says something about the product and the company. I've owned a Pax for years now, and when the Air came out I really wanted one. I can see I still need to make that purchase. Might be my Christmas present to myself this year!
Yeah, good call. Hope you have been a nice boy this year and will get this thing. ;)

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Hey Guys
Been a rough couple of weeks. I miss talking about how to tweak those AA's. All this talk about the Air being under powered and heat up time is too long. The silicone sleeve with cut heat up time by quite a bit (especially in cooler weather). Also, drying the herb, getting all the moisture out, allows the AA power to do what it's supposed to do, vape herb, not water. If you're finding you're under powered, you're probably not prepping right.

AA POWER

My AA's are on all day. Replaceable batts make the charger a non issue (just buy a couple of extra batts and an external charger).
I just got an AA stand from JoJo woodworks, what an awesome work of art!!!!
note: love the red wood!!!
nYel65T.jpg

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Hey Guys
Been a rough couple of weeks. I miss talking about how to tweak those AA's. All this talk about the Air being under powered and heat up time is too long. The silicone sleeve with cut heat up time by quite a bit (especially in cooler weather). Also, drying the herb, getting all the moisture out, allows the AA power to do what it's supposed to do, vape herb, not water. If you're finding you're under powered, you're probably not prepping right.

AA POWER

My AA's are on all day. Replaceable batts make the charger a non issue (just buy a couple of extra batts and an external charger).
I just got an AA stand from JoJo woodworks, what an awesome work of art!!!!
note: love the red wood!!!
nYel65T.jpg
Wow!!
this
looks
soo
good!!!

Nice pieces of wood you got there, @Bravesst. Absolutely lovely!

I don't think the AA is underpowered by the way.. Never had a prob with its performance. Taught by the Air, I must learn convection vaping now to tame my new ESV.
I sure like the convenience of a nice and slow Air draw in a calm and relaxing environment. Easy and tasty, no risk of combustion. :tup:

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
It seems it's only the initial heat up that takes any time. Every time I do another session with my Air even if it's been like 10 minutes after the unit seems to heat up twice as fast. People are getting spoilt these days and don't want to wait a couple minutes! Even if you are out you can load it up turn it on then stick it in a pocket for a minute. I even do this sometimes when I get coffee and by the time I'm out the door with my Java Its blast off time lol. Easiest portable to maintain and use IMO. I hate having to stir or poke things. With the air I can just pull the hot stem out, tap out the avb and keep it moving

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah it's certainly easier, but I much prefer to take a couple super strong pure convection hits vs a drawn out session of so so hits. Regardless of slow heat ups, it just doesn't extract as quickly as a true convection vape can. They have their own quirks and issues too, but for me the function more than worth them.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Took the Air to a friends cabin for the weekend as I could be social or solo if I felt like it. I was the only regular cannabis user & no one else had ever used a vape before. The Air could not have been more perfect for the job at hand. All I needed to do was tell them draw on it like you would a joint & pass it around. A good time was had by all & it was extremely discreet to use with the black tipped stems.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Arizer might consider making hardened glass stems which could withstand accidental droppings from a foot, or two...

It would certainly be helpful in improving their product line for klutzes like myself.

Was cleaning out my pockets in the laundry room, when "clink!", I had just lost another glass stem! :rip:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Hey guys,
I know I've been promising my AA user guide, but things got real hectic in my real life. I'm working on it now, probably turn it into a pdf with live links, vids and pics. This will be "my" user manual, and I'm sure there are other ways to get great results, but I want to share what I've been able to achieve with this little gem-of-aa-vape.
From AA to Z coming soon...

OF

Arizer might consider making hardened glass stems which could withstand accidental droppings from a foot, or two...

It would certainly be helpful in improving their product line for klutzes like myself.

It's a bit of a moving target. You could also make it thicker, but that too adds expense. How 'breakproof' you willing to pay for? I think the 'replacement stems are cheap enough if you break one' is a viable way to go, not the only one of course, but it makes sense for many. It's a compromise, like most things?

Sorry for your stem loss, luck you have a backup. You might order more than one? Perhaps getting a full size Solo one to try??? I find having a couple spare Air stems loaded and capped 'at the ready' to be handy. You can carry them in your pocket this way:
WgOYSb5.jpg

Another alternative is, of course, Ed's excellent wood ones. You gotta get up mighty early in the morning to break one of them with a two foot drop unless it's into a wood chipper or something.

OF

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
a first draft, please feel free to suggest or point out mistakes, this is simply a word converted to pdf doc, in the final version all links will be live to products and vids, as well as any formatting errors corrected - let's call it a work in progress that will grow and grow
xHPAUq4.png

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
"Another alternative is, of course, Ed's excellent wood ones. You gotta get up mighty early in the morning to break one of them with a two foot drop unless it's into a wood chipper or something."

Thank you for your empathy, Old Friend, I am prepared for Armageddon. Have a bunch of Air stems from my 3 Airs, some from my Solos, as well as some PV glass/GonGs, yadda, yadda, etc.

It's the glass which gets my attention. And dismay. Sometimes.

I also pack a non-glass Ed's MP. Coco bolo, I think. :sherlock:

Klutzes have to be prepared......

OH. NO! it's still leaf season! gotta be careful with that ole wood chipper! Leaf it to me, I'll drop me coco bolo pants!

Last edited:

tripwire

Jack of all trades, partaker of vape
But it is "USB rechargeable", all you need is the right cable, right? No need for a charger, any handy USB source will work (mains, auto/RV, power bank, computer, etc.).
OF, are you saying one can find a USB cable with a barrel plug that will fit the Air? Can you post a link?
What about voltage? Will it also work for the Solo?

Last edited:

OF

OF, are you saying one can find a USB cable with a barrel plug that will fit the Air? Can you post a link?
What about voltage? Will it also work for the Solo?

Yes. I've used:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/cable-USB-4...pply-5V-Tablet-Android-Sony-PSP-/281234981407

Several other Members have used them as well. In fact, coupling it with a mains or car powered "USB charge port" is a cheaper, more useful charger replacement for Air.

Also reported to work (although I haven't tried):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NQCMRJ6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Both Air and USB ports are five Volts. No trouble there. Solo needs 12 Volts to charge, that's a problem.......but it also means you can use a simple cable to charge in your car. Pipes can set you up there, PM if you're interested in that. Charging Solo from a USB port is possible, but not simple.

OF

Top Bottom