CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@BeardedVagabond the AA has a small pouch that it comes with that you could attach to your waist or arm. It's small enough, it can be tucked away safe and discreet like. We went on a few trips over the summer with our RV and the AA was a great little side kick to have, so was the Solo.

I kept all my product in a Cvault so there was no smell. Remember when traveling with cannabis, have it in a smell prof container for your own safety in case you are pulled over.

@Frank Reynolds just use Air batteries with the Air to be on the safe side. We've talked a lot about batteries on this thread. Also @OF suggests to do so but its up to you. If you get problems with your unit and you've used a different battery your warranty might be void.

Last edited:

Uzer

I've bought this off of EBay. It's a memorex camera case. It was only $8.99. How about a medication plastic bottle for your stem as a container? It would have to be tall enough. The vitamin supplement Airbourne has 2 different sizes that would work. It wouldn't work for a bent stem. The Nano stem's plastic containers but they are long. If you don't have a Nano it wouldn't help.

Do you have a link to this case?

lookhigh

FC member
Nice stem and battery holders: I was so glad when I found out that the matchstick cases that I bought for the 18650 batteries also accommodated the stems as well ... so I ordered another (in green for stealth)

For the batteries to fit well, I've placed an earplug in the bottom ... it stays put and provides a snug fit.

For the stems, they fit well as is ... the stem, with the end cap is almost a hair too tall to screw down the cap completely ... so I stop just short of tightening it to the max so as not to put pressure on the glass ... the lid stays in place .

Stems and batts won't move around inside and are secure.

http://www.amazon.com/-Survival-Technologies-Stormproof-Waterproof/dp/B00C6SHUPW/ref=dp_ob_title_sports

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CPTXF24?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Good find them match storage boxes, these on Ebay should do too. Nice in aluminum.http://www.ebay.ie/itm/351266556427?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&var=620429059661&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Note the pic with the 18650

Last edited:

CarolKing

Do you have a link to this case?
No I bought this a long time ago. I noticed EBay at the time had several different cases. This is a Memorex if that helps. It's 2 1/2 inches thick, 6 1/4 inches long and 4 1/2 inches wide.

Edit
I just looked on eBay, they didn't have a very good selection. The case is soft but it's semi hard with good padding. It wouldn't be hard like a spacecase and it wouldn't be smell proof since its a camera case.

Last edited:

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado

Uzer

No I bought this a long time ago. I noticed EBay at the time had several different cases. This is a Memorex if that helps. It's 2 1/2 inches thick, 6 1/4 inches long and 4 1/2 inches wide.

Ahh ok, I'm having trouble finding a zip up case to fit air stems, ext batteries and two small containers. All of them seem either slightly too small or much too big. Yours looks just right.

Does something like this help at all?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vapour-Carr...qid=1447008191&sr=8-1&keywords=large+ego+case

There are 3 different sizes, just search for small / medium / small ego case.

Depends how much you want to fit, I manage to get the Air, spare battery, 2 stems and a small bag of herb in the large case.

That looks good, how's the padding?

Last edited by a moderator:

namasteIII

Thanks guys for your help. This is a hard decisions but I think I'm leaning towards keeping the solo as of now. The portability is a feature that is really nice but not something necessary for me. I don't want to be bothered with charging all the time and as nice as replaceable batteries are the solo's battery life is good enough on it's own to not need this feature. Aside from all this it comes down to vapor quality, the solo works and works well for me, I get nice flavor, huge clouds, and far to stoned for the .1 of a gram I put in. I'm sure the air works just as well but I don't think the benefits of the air (Portability, replaceable battery) are worth the risk of winding up with that may under preform compared to what I had.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Solo and Air might match in draw resistance, but you can control it in Solo by tipping the stem, impossible in Air due to the three (not single) seals. If you're a cloud chaser this is not a useful difference, but it you're a sipper (or MM user) it can be very nice to have control I think.
i can rock my all glass air stem in my air to change resistance, could be the stem

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
That looks good, how's the padding?

The padding is minimal, its more of a rigid shell type case.

I got the medium and large sizes, as long as you pack them fairly full so things cant rattle around its fine.

I haven't had something break, but then again I haven't dropped the case, nor do I try to throw it around.

CarolKing

This is on Amazon it looks like it may work for the Air.
  • 61J5PHl40oL._SY355_.jpg
Touch the image to zoom in
2.3 x 5.4 x 7.7 inches

Getwow Mini Gopro Case for Gopro Hero 4/3+/3/2/1 and Accessories

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Where can I get cheap battery caps for the Airs battery??

I have four now and if I want to charge them and take them with me on a trip I want to be able to store them safely. Worried about throwing a bunch of loose batteries in a bag together.

CarolKing

Last edited:

OF

Where can I get cheap battery caps for the Airs battery??

I tried several caps, but went back to cases. These are my favorite type:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008HL8CW2?keywords=18650 cases&qid=1447011005&ref_=sr_1_5&sr=8-5

If you want to be truly serious, these are water tight, although a bit bigger and harder to open/close:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UJ9IRSE?keywords=18650 cases&qid=1447011005&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

I don't always load 'both sides' with a 18650, sometimes I put a cut down 'doob tube' (like from PV) full of bud on the other side. With a load in the capped stem I find that the additional bud in the tube give me enough loads to exhaust both batteries.

You have to be a masochist to use them. Chair/table tips are very stiff, generally made from Urethane (for wear resistance and strength) and will fight you tooth an nail on and off if they aren't loose enough to fall off on their own.

Like I said, even soft vinyl didn't work well. I suggest boxes, easier, cheaper and don't fight with you.

OF

Frank Reynolds

We had a guy in here that tested some batts some weeks ago... Just search for it. I think I reposted it some pages back.

The batts are goin to work - but I would not recommend using them for at least to reasons:

- void warranty of the air
- it's strongly recommend by RBT to only use the same pair of batts. You don't wanna have performance issues (think this is the best case) with your soon to come Zion. Get some extra ones only for the air...

Again, can not recommend using others than stock ones. Safety concerns might apply too - but can't comment on that myself.
Not too worried about voiding my warranty since the Air is so cheap these days but i totally forgot about the Zion batteries needing to stay paired. I think I'll keep the 4 yellow ones I have for the Zion and use the two weaker red HE2 for the Air until maybe centizen gets more of the real ones in stock.

Frank Reynolds,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Uzer

On a hunch that the Air would fit I picked up this Universal GPS case last night for $2.48 at one of the closing Radio Shack stores.

imagejpg1_zpsfac7842e.jpg

For the price I couldn't pass it up.

As you can see here the Air fits length wise perfect, with plenty of extra room for stems, spare batteries, herb, etc.

imagejpg2_zps107b32be.jpg

This is not something I intend to carry around for regular use, but something to pack everything in for a trip, or overnighting.

Thanks to @jojo0420, I found this post from earlier this year. An Amazon seller has a few of them for $6 shipped right now.

I like that it's flatter. I picked one up.

Last edited:

Frank Reynolds

Hey guys just a heads up don't order from hebestars.com they're selling the Air for 129.99 but I don't think it's real.

I bought it from them on eBay so I would have eBay buyer protection and paypal protection but after I ordered I went ahead and emailed them "If this is counterfeit don't even bother sending it because I will find out and get a refund."

Next time I log in to my eBay the order is canceled and I got a refund.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Hey guys just a heads up don't order from hebestars.com they're selling the Air for 129.99 but I don't think it's real.

I bought it from them on eBay so I would have eBay buyer protection and paypal protection but after I ordered I went ahead and emailed them "If this is counterfeit don't even bother sending it because I will find out and get a refund."

Next time I log in to my eBay the order is canceled and I got a refund.
Have there been counterfeit airs?

Top Bottom