Faolan

Mighty, Air1.5/Max/Go, Tinymight, Dynavap, Fury2
Hey guys I've got a problem.
My air turns off randomly now. (While warming up or soon after) there's no blinking lights or anything. It is heating up though.
Any ideas?

~Faolan

Faolan,
Reactions: OF

OF

Hey guys I've got a problem.
My air turns off randomly now. (While warming up or soon after) there's no blinking lights or anything. It is heating up though.
Any ideas?

At least one guy reported this and found it was the 'battery' (really a cell.....). You might try changing it for another?

OF

Faolan

At least one guy reported this and found it was the 'battery' (really a cell.....). You might try changing it for another?

OF
I don't actually own another battery lol I need to buy one though. I'll try charging it and see if it helps

abby

To those who own both the arizer air and the solo - how would you describe the difference in draw resistance of the two vapes?

Also, where do the 5 temperature color leds of arizer air sit when compared to the 1-7 temperature lights of the solo?

abby,

sickmanfraud

To those who own both the arizer air and the solo - how would you describe the difference in draw resistance of the two vapes?

Also, where do the 5 temperature color leds of arizer air sit when compared to the 1-7 temperature lights of the solo?

The temps for both Arizer products can be found on the Arizer website as well as websites of vendors who sell them.

I do not personally find a big difference in draw resistance between the 2 Arizer portables.

abby

I do not personally find a big difference in draw resistance between the 2 Arizer portables.
This is what has been bothering me. I bought an arizer air and I hate it. When compared side by side with the solo, the difference in draw resistance is night and day. Idk if its because its a new unit and the rubber rings will eventually get loose, but I'm finding myself going back to the solo.

abby,
Reactions: GetLeft

Faolan

Charging it didn't work. :/ the only thing I've done differently was using it upside down in a bong but that shouldn't hurt it, right?

Faolan,

sickmanfraud

This is what has been bothering me. I bought an arizer air and I hate it. When compared side by side with the solo, the difference in draw resistance is night and day. Idk if its because its a new unit and the rubber rings will eventually get loose, but I'm finding myself going back to the solo.

What stem are you using? I got a few solo stems about 6 months ago and they are totally unusable.

Try with a different stem.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: GetLeft

GetLeft

Try with a different stem.

Several months back I decided to pick up a couple additional longer glass stems and they are unusable too. My original longer stem is still a loose enough fit to use although I'm 100% short stem now, which is noticeably looser and allows for a better draw.

GetLeft,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

The Air is notorious for draw resistance. It works a lot better through a water pipe IMO.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Vapoleon

abby

Is there anywhere I can buy undersized (smaller in diameter) stems for the arizer air? I feel like that would really help with the draw resistance.

abby,

sickmanfraud

Is there anywhere I can buy undersized (smaller in diameter) stems for the arizer air? I feel like that would really help with the draw resistance.

Not sure of a place to buy stems in a smaller diameter. Remember the Air is a conduction vape and some of the heat is transferred via the walls of the oven touching the glass of the stem. If the stem did not touch the walls at all I am doubtful if you would have a usable stem.

Planetvape.ca (a sponsor of FC) has a very popular (and expensive) line of custom stems that improve Airflow.

http://www.planetvape.ca/pvhes-high-efficiency-stems.html

http://www.planetvape.ca/pvhes-high-efficiency-vortex-stems-for-air-and-solo.html

abby

Not sure of a place to buy stems in a smaller diameter. Remember the Air is a conduction vape and some of the heat is transferred via the walls of the oven touching the glass of the stem. If the stem did not touch the walls at all I am doubtful if you would have a usable stem.
Yeah, it probably wouldnt' work. I'm basically looking for a stem undersized so slightly its closer to a defect than a different model.

Anyways. I spent a bit more time with the air and I think I'm getting a hang of it. I don't seem to mind it as much anymore.

The draw resistance on my arizer air is definitely worse than the solo. The rubber ring thing around the chamber really hugs the glass stem tighter on the arizer air. What my habit with the solo (without o-rings) was to turn up the heat, hold the stem a couple of millimeters from the wall of the solo oven. I'd get great airflow. When you try to do that with the arizer air, you face draw resistance, and pulling harder just seems to heat up the stem instead of bringing in cool air the way solo would do it.

smaller diameter will increase resistance imo

No it wouldnt. The diameter of the stem at the oven's end being slightly smaller will not be the bottleneck of the airflow. Other constrictions are responsible for the air's draw resistance, which imo is how tightly the oven and the rubber rings hug the stem. Therefore I think a slightly smaller diameter stem would improve airflow at that bottleneck/constriction, hence reducing resistance.

Last edited:

OF

Yeah, it probably wouldnt' work. I'm basically looking for a stem undersized so slightly its closer to a defect than a different model.

Anyways. I spent a bit more time with the air and I think I'm getting a hang of it. I don't seem to mind it as much anymore.

The draw resistance on my arizer air is definitely worse than the solo. .

You just got a useful answer a couple posts up from a guy in the know. IMO you should take it seriously. The PVHES is going to give you what you think you want (less resistance) with it's vertical grooves and notches in the mouth. Just what it's designed to do for those who demanded less restriction with Solo years ago. Most of us quickly learned it's not a big advantage I think?

As you've noted, it''s very easy to bring skills learned blazing to vaping. There more air flow means more fire, more heat, more vapor (smoke). With Air/Solo the heat doesn't go up with more airflow, in fact since the new air is cold and must be heated it ROBS heat that otherwise would make vapor. You get more volume of less dense vapor, the total THC being less for that reason.

Your call, but I think it's reasonable to assume Arizer tested Air before releasing it? They seem to have their act together in (all?) other areas.........

Good you're giving it a try. If you insist, try a a PVHES from PV and try less restriction. I think like most of us you'll soon have the fancy stem in a drawer somewhere but only you can determine for sure.

Anyway, SMF is wise, I suggest you reconsider his advice.

OF

Jimmer144

Sargeant REG
I think when I first got the Air i was a little frustrated with the resistance, but now i actually enjoy it, i like having my session last longer. If you still want big clouds, my best suggestion is to turn it up to red for a bit before inserting your stem, then turn down temp to w/e your signature temp level is, and let the stem preheat a little, then pull up your stem just a hair off the bottom of the chamber and draw slowly but steady and when your almost at the end of your rip, begin to much pull harder, this usually builds up the heat and allows you to get a nice lungful of tasty vapor.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The wood is just a different experience. It produces great vapor as well. It's all good. Here's a pic of my Blackwood 3 inch WonG I use as a mouthpiece as well as a WonG. It has a turquoise inlay its from @Ed's TnT Ed's pretty busy right now. He's got a lot going on, he's making log vaporizers as well now.

mAmlFq4.jpg

Last edited:

Anaconda Gs

Vapor Adventures
I suggest just lifting the stem ever so slightly to help increase airflow and maybe increase the temp setting, say go from green to orange to compensate for the extra air. I tilt the glass stem to increase air flow.

Anaconda Gs,
Reactions: Vapoleon
Top Bottom