jpdnkstr

Well, I sold my back up AA. Considering giving up my silver (oven warped) one also. It's just really not getting any use with my other units being more heavy hitters w/ less demands on herb prep. The only time I could see using it right now is if my other portable died/broke somehow and that would only be for a weekend or two. I'm torn, because I really do love it, but it's not getting the attention it deserves
What other units might you be referring to?

jpdnkstr,

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
What other units might you be referring to?

I don't want to advertise for other products in this thread. I have a lot of love for Arizer and the Air.

That said, my tastes these days are leaning towards pure convection and wood. If you really need specifics, I only really post in threads about vapes I own, so....

I'm really glad the Air was my first big boy vaporizer. I know people who have spent a couple hundred bucks, have been unsatisfied with their new toy and were totally put off from vaporization. The Air got me to say FUCK COMBUSTION, so for that I will always love it.

sickmanfraud

I don't want to advertise for other products in this thread. I have a lot of love for Arizer and the Air.

That said, my tastes these days are leaning towards pure convection and wood. If you really need specifics, I only really post in threads about vapes I own, so....

I'm really glad the Air was my first big boy vaporizer. I know people who have spent a couple hundred bucks, have been unsatisfied with their new toy and were totally put off from vaporization. The Air got me to say FUCK COMBUSTION, so for that I will always love it.

I don't think that mentioning what vape(s) you currently favor is advertising.

Perhaps folks value your opinion and would be happy to look into the xyz vape because you liked it?

OF

I don't think that mentioning what vape(s) you currently favor is advertising.

My understanding as well (as long as you're not selling them of course.......). It seems 'right' to make suggestions you think might benefit the other guy, but not to dwell on it. They shouldn't take just one guys opinion anyway, they should go to the appropriate thread and do their own research?

If this was a Democracy and we voted on such things (which it's not, and we don't) I'd say 'don't leave us in suspense, spill the beans and let's get on with celebrating Air?'.

OF

GetLeft

I've seen @beiberhole69 on the Milaana thread. Seems like a popular vape for people who are looking for on demand power convection vapor.

Just a comment regarding the preparation of material with the AA. Sure you can go all out aiming for perfectly prepared material if that's your thing. You can do that with any vape. But I haven't even ground my material as long as I can remember. I break up a bud into small pieces and put it into my little carry along stash. Maybe I break it up a little bit more with my fingers when loading the stem from my stash, but maybe not, too. Nothing could be easier; completely hassle free. And as long as I don't put too much material in the stem I get classic AA performance. If I want to, I'll break things up a little with something from my pocket knife before a second session, but there are plenty of times I don't have my pocket knife on me so I don't even bother doing that and still get a nice second session too. There's really no special preparation necessary with the AA.

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Maybe it's because of how I used the dome screens, but whole nugs didn't really work for me very well at all. I mean, it works, but it's like, WTF cmon! And then you inevitably have to stirr which makes a mess and spills 30% of whats left.

I mostly noticed it when trying to show it off to combusters, which kind of compounded and exasperated the issue. Was one of the main reasons I felt the need to look for a new portable, TBH.

Gray Area

My air is my "out and about" vape... dog walks, travel to work, and if I'm visiting others and expect to be with a few people/vape virgins I'll take the air over my lotus.

I opt for no screen, no grind and flip the bud half way through the session. Works great on the go, or out in the wind ;)

The bud is fully spent when I'm done, and crushing it produces evenly coloured abv with only that bottom layer that touches the oven darker. The centre of the bud is fully vaped.
It needs to fit fully but not too tightly to work well imo. But it does work well :tup:

Jimmer144

Sargeant REG
I never stir with the Air, i prefer to use a fine grind with a domed screen and then a flat screen over the top of the material, this helps keep the metal chamber of the Air pretty clean. I usually run a session on green til the 12 min timeout, then turn it back on ramp it up to orange and usually its done about halfway thru my 2nd session, but it always comes out evenly coffee brown without the need to stir.

MeditativeMind

*Insert 'custom title' here*
I never stir with the Air, i prefer to use a fine grind with a domed screen and then a flat screen over the top of the material, this helps keep the metal chamber of the Air pretty clean. I usually run a session on green til the 12 min timeout, then turn it back on ramp it up to orange and usually its done about halfway thru my 2nd session, but it always comes out evenly coffee brown without the need to stir.

I run a session on white then I take off a little bit from the bottom (the part closest to the steel plate) and replace it with fresh herb. Then I run it on green for most of the session and finish off with orange.

Faolan

Mighty, Air1.5/Max/Go, Tinymight, Dynavap, Fury2
I use a domed screen but with the dome facing the holes and use all temps but prefer green and red. I always grind since there's a grinder always around. It's my only Vape and use it almost always, usually through a bong with the plastic stem.
Do you guys/gals think the gong if worth it? My bong has a vertical downstem so the air don't hang to the side.

GetLeft

Got to the office around 8 or so and managed to stay mindful enough (i.e., I remembered to set the alarm on my phone) to get all three bats charged, one by one, in the unit itself. Nice feeling.

I finally bit and picked up the dome screens on ebay a couple of weeks ago. Convenient for sure, all domed up and ready to go. But I find them to be just a little bit more screen than is needed. Maybe I'll inquire about the possibility of doming up some smaller diameter screens.

CalyxSmokr

Got to the office around 8 or so and managed to stay mindful enough (i.e., I remembered to set the alarm on my phone) to get all three bats charged, one by one, in the unit itself. Nice feeling.

I finally bit and picked up the dome screens on ebay a couple of weeks ago. Convenient for sure, all domed up and ready to go. But I find them to be just a little bit more screen than is needed. Maybe I'll inquire about the possibility of doming up some smaller diameter screens.
I have never used the pre-domed ones. I think it is .625 inch that fits when domed yourself

CalyxSmokr,
Reactions: GetLeft

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Do you guys/gals think the gong if worth it?

No, the plastic tips were better than the GonG I got. Not really worth it IMO

I finally bit and picked up the dome screens on ebay a couple of weeks ago. Convenient for sure, all domed up and ready to go. But I find them to be just a little bit more screen than is needed.

I never really left mine domed but pressed down on the dome until it was flat and there was no spots for herb to slip down on the sides. Gets you a little more volume back, as I agree, a little more screen than needed.

Jimmer144

Sargeant REG
The Solo screens that PIU sells are perfect if you want to dome the screens yourself, they fit the Air stems quite nicely and PIU gives you about 50 screens for like $3.99.

Anaconda Gs

Vapor Adventures
I received my Air from beiberhole69 and it has been working great for me. I loved my Solo (I gave it to a friend who is now a happy vaper), but the Air is doing such a great job when I take my dogs out for a walk. So much sleeker and I'm pretty good with keeping track of time during each session. The silicon sleeve is useful when I put the warm Air in my pockets and makes it much more comfortable to walk with.

Last edited:

GetLeft

Yeah I'm pretty much a dumb a** on occasion...

I couldn't get the ebay domed screen in the way I like my screens (dome end toward oven) for the life of me the other day and was left to invert it, dome side toward the stem. I was wondering how you all were raving so much about the things. Then today, as I was loading up, I noticed I'd have to pull the screen out for a clean. Stuck some tweezers in and yanked out the screen, ready to bail on it for good. When it came out, I realized I had put two screens in. No duh stupid a**. No wonder I couldn't Put the thing in the way I wanted. Jeez sometimes I just wonder. Anyway, all's good; fresh bats and what will probably be a long lasting supply of screens.

..Hey Buddies.. I use a titanium domed screen that I acquired just at the end of my 'blaze dayz'..
It cleans back up to shiny iridescent metal when left in some isopropyl for an hour..
It's stiffer than steel so holds its shape tightly in the stem and I wear mine convex for a slightly smaller bowl size..
The thing wasn't cheap (£6/$7.25 - yeah I know.! I almost dropped my brew when the lady said the price) from my local bong shop but it will last a life time in a vaporiser, doesn't tarnish with oxidants like steel does so stays cleaner much longer and I feel better knowing I ain't inhaling anything but purest vapour..
I personally wouldn't swap it for any number of steel screens..

https://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/titanium-screens.html

An out of stock link but that's the one I got.

Last edited:

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
I received my Air from beiberhole69 and it has been working great for me. I loved my Solo (I gave it to a friend who is now a happy vaper), but the Air is doing such a great job when I take my dogs out for a walk. So much sleeker and I'm pretty good with keeping track of time during each session. The silicon sleeve is useful when I put the warm Air in my pockets and makes it much more comfortable to walk with.

I'm glad she's found a a good home. Take care of her. Like I mentioned in PM, you should pick up a plastic tip stem sometime. Works better than that PiU gong, IMO, and is a nice stealthy tip for on the go.

FreddieFresh

I'm glad she's found a a good home. Take care of her. Like I mentioned in PM, you should pick up a plastic tip stem sometime. Works better than that PiU gong, IMO, and is a nice stealthy tip for on the go.
I really enjoy the Joda GonG I got but I have to agree. I get bigger and denser hits with the plastic tip. I wasn't crazy about the results I was getting through water, but I decided to give the plastic tip a try (based on your recommendation :rockon:) and that totally changed my tune.

Anaconda Gs

Vapor Adventures
I really enjoy the Joda GonG I got but I have to agree. I get bigger and denser hits with the plastic tip. I wasn't crazy about the results I was getting through water, but I decided to give the plastic tip a try (based on your recommendation :rockon:) and that totally changed my tune.

With so many of you recommending the plastic tip, I am going to buy one.

Jimmer144

Sargeant REG
Yes I def find myself using the plastic tip stem more, 1. cuz it makes it that much more stealthy if your out and about 2. It works really well thru water, the connection is great cuz it seals nicely but not too tight so it doesn't get stuck, you just slightly pull it one way and it pops right off your bubbler, and 3. I find the the tipped stem has slightly better airflow.

Top Bottom