stark1

Lonesome Planet
@SlightlyStonedSD, bin waitin for your accessment on the health of your batteries, Doc.

Do be sure to observe the polarities (+, -) when touching your leads, you will be getting negative readings otherwise; the needle will move to the left if you have an older meter.

Might be an idea to check the output of the charger, as well.

Good Luck!

PS If they are up to snuff, then you may want to post your heater back for your 2 year warranty from Arizer. Hopefully they will then sent you a new unit.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I , 2 , concur. Sweet!

Massively heavee, however, like carrying an uranium brick....

Last edited:
stark1,

OF

Do be sure to observe the polarities (+, -) when touching your leads, you will be getting negative readings otherwise; the needle will move to the left if you have an older meter.

Good point. I assumed (yeah, I know....) since the OP had gone out to get a meter it was a modern low end digital one (which is why I went with generic instructions). If so, no problem since we don't care about polarity (which has to be 'right'), only magnitude.

If it's not the common 3.5 digit DMM we're dealing with, more instructions will be needed?

OF

OF,
Reactions: stark1

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
My Air got a lot of use on a cross country road trip a couple weeks ago (through Denver for supplies ofcourse!), used it the most out of the two Indicas and Firefly I also brought, but all were wonderful companions for us. And now my stems are coated with some very nice oils, going to be fun recycling them...

@LongIslandmom we also went to New Orleans and walked all over the city with the Air (and Indica too) and it worked fantastically, I think you will really enjoy it once you get yours. Works great through water too, I've got an inline-honeycomb bubbler from Kathy on dhgate and one if her ten arm tree perc bubs as well, just need a 14mm reducer to use with these 18mm pieces and its wonderful, the mouthpiece plugs right in!

@CarolKing I can get good results through water with my Air even on white, huge heady hits, and I often top out with it on green as well even through water (though I give orange it's due every now and again too). I've never had any kind of overheating issue though, even doing back to back sessions on blue to white to green with two of us in the car. I guess I'm not doing level red back to back, but still seems to hold up quite well for my use.

@Justpassedu have you got your knock off PWT hydrotube to work with your Air yet? I got one from sunshine store when I returned from my trip and had the same trouble at first due to the airflow restriction of the delrin mouthpiece. Once I removed the mouthpiece it was smooth sailing, just have to hold Air in one hand and the tube in the other and be careful not to knock or break anything. Also try to keep the tube as vertical as possible to keep the water level with the percs. Really huge hits on white even, straight to the noggin, and on green it is unleashed

Also to whoever was talking about the gaskets being lost or finding a better mouthpiece with them built in etc, personally I find them completely unnecessary in the Air stems. Took em out immediately and havent had anything but great success, tried putting em back in and if anything it was worse. Especially now that I take em off sometimes for the hydrotube use, I wouldn't want to deal with another small piece. Its so much simpler tgis way and I feel nothing is lost, only gained!

Justpassedu

My Air got a lot of use on a cross country road trip a couple weeks ago (through Denver for supplies ofcourse!), used it the most out of the two Indicas and Firefly I also brought, but all were wonderful companions for us. And now my stems are coated with some very nice oils, going to be fun recycling them...

@LongIslandmom we also went to New Orleans and walked all over the city with the Air (and Indica too) and it worked fantastically, I think you will really enjoy it once you get yours. Works great through water too, I've got an inline-honeycomb bubbler from Kathy on dhgate and one if her ten arm tree perc bubs as well, just need a 14mm reducer to use with these 18mm pieces and its wonderful, the mouthpiece plugs right in!

@CarolKing I can get good results through water with my Air even on white, huge heady hits, and I often top out with it on green as well even through water (though I give orange it's due every now and again too). I've never had any kind of overheating issue though, even doing back to back sessions on blue to white to green with two of us in the car. I guess I'm not doing level red back to back, but still seems to hold up quite well for my use.

@Justpassedu have you got your knock off PWT hydrotube to work with your Air yet? I got one from sunshine store when I returned from my trip and had the same trouble at first due to the airflow restriction of the delrin mouthpiece. Once I removed the mouthpiece it was smooth sailing, just have to hold Air in one hand and the tube in the other and be careful not to knock or break anything. Also try to keep the tube as vertical as possible to keep the water level with the percs. Really huge hits on white even, straight to the noggin, and on green it is unleashed

Also to whoever was talking about the gaskets being lost or finding a better mouthpiece with them built in etc, personally I find them completely unnecessary in the Air stems. Took em out immediately and havent had anything but great success, tried putting em back in and if anything it was worse. Especially now that I take em off sometimes for the hydrotube use, I wouldn't want to deal with another small piece. Its so much simpler tgis way and I feel nothing is lost, only gained!

Hey glad you had a nice trip , sounds like allot of fun and a place I'd like to visit sometime if it was not so far away. It's nice to have options other than Amsterdam these days. I remember years ago my trip to Amsterdam , vaping was not so popular at the time and the only thing around was the volcano , well the only machine I ever saw wich caused me to purchase 1. I have not tried the pwt knockoff again , I was waiting to purchase a glass 14mm and 18mm adapter but thank you , I didn't think it would seal with out the plastic mp , now that I know I'm excited and will give it a try later.

Shit Snacks

Hey glad you had a nice trip , sounds like allot of fun and a place I'd like to visit sometime if it was not so far away. It's nice to have options other than Amsterdam these days. I remember years ago my trip to Amsterdam , vaping was not so popular at the time and the only thing around was the volcano , well the only machine I ever saw wich caused me to purchase 1. I have not tried the pwt knockoff again , I was waiting to purchase a glass 14mm and 18mm adapter but thank you , I didn't think it would seal with out the plastic mp , now that I know I'm excited and will give it a try later.

Yeah its not as tight of a seal as a gong would be, but it certainly works. Enjoy!

Amsterdam will be the next big trip (I hope!). Thankfully now there are more and more states jumping in on the fun

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Taste not a strong point for the Firefly? That's actually its strongest point.

Exactly. It has some other weak points, but nobody doesn't rate its taste very high up.

To attempt to stay on topic...I don't know how the FF compares to the Air, but IMO it has significantly better flavor than the Solo, which is no slouch flavor-wise. :2c:

Last edited:

LongIslandmom

Ok so I should do this. Put for this trip I think I going to ressurect the Pax. It's just a year old. For Mardi Gras I may have the AA. But if Vapor Aquried Syndrome is a disease, I'm getting it. And if you wanted a little bitty bubbler to go with it what would you say? What is the knockoff of the pinnacle water tube. That sounds interesting

SS. This was a nice posts. Covered much ground. Wished I had knew you were in NOLa; I could have sent you to my hot spots. I'm on a general hunger strike till I get down there - the food is my downfall!!! There is nothing like Amsterdam but our time is coming. Prohibition will end. I wonder what I could do to lend a hand....

Shit Snacks

Ok so I should do this. Put for this trip I think I going to ressurect the Pax. It's just a year old. For Mardi Gras I may have the AA. But if Vapor Aquried Syndrome is a disease, I'm getting it. And if you wanted a little bitty bubbler to go with it what would you say? What is the knockoff of the pinnacle water tube. That sounds interesting

SS. This was a nice posts. Covered much ground. Wished I had knew you were in NOLa; I could have sent you to my hot spots. I'm on a general hunger strike till I get down there - the food is my downfall!!! There is nothing like Amsterdam but our time is coming. Prohibition will end. I wonder what I could do to lend a hand....

You're too kind, yes nola food was incredible. Unfortunately we were only there a short time, but it just means I know have to return!

The hydrotube is fun, but my other bubblers from dhgate get more use as of now at least

Shit Snacks,

LongIslandmom

Has anybody tried the Air with the Do20 bubbler?

I may need to do some testing in the name of science.;)
The Solo 18mm GonG would work.
Yes CK in the name of science see if this little device can be turned upside. The PV adapter is so little it can travel anywhere. This way if your at a gathering and someone pulls out a bong you can be ready.

It this really the size of a Pax? It just reminds me of it because it not a pen.

The pens are hard to use

But when someone gives you a pen filled with oil you figure it out right? I don't know really much about that stuff because NY which is such a great state is still to dumb just to pass it.

This originals post was written about an hour ago. I just read it and found all the typos. Still think that if the AA turns upside down then you could have a bong along kids circle going real fast at any party!

Last edited:

g1zm0

I just accidentally broke my small AA stem which I was mainly using. It was really useful to me cuz I could vape outside with it and it fits into the small advil pill bottle perfectly which is almost smell-proof
guys HELP ME PLEASE! Where can I buy the smaller AA stem? or is there some kind of small smell-proof container for the bigger stem?
Thanks!

OF

I just accidentally broke my small AA stem which I was mainly using.

HELP ME PLEASE! Where can I buy the smaller AA stem? or is there some kind of small smell-proof container for the bigger stem?

Bummer, but it is glass.......

AFAIK there are no shorter stems available (only the longer ones on the web page) due to "demand" (their term). That may change some day soon, of course.

There are several small sealed containers that have been discussed, but IMO not needed. This is my solution to the problem:
WgOYSb5.jpg

That's two 'travel caps' (one cut down to make it easier to get on and off) and a short piece of 1/2 OD (3/8 ID) silicone tube to grip the MP and establish the seal. "Suck testing' confirms a solid seal (as does the 'nose test'). Later versions had even less unsupported tube sticking out. Another Member posted his success story with basically none showing at all IIRC.

OF

g1zm0

Bummer, but it is glass.......

AFAIK there are no shorter stems available (only the longer ones on the web page) due to "demand" (their term). That may change some day soon, of course.

There are several small sealed containers that have been discussed, but IMO not needed. This is my solution to the problem:
WgOYSb5.jpg

That's two 'travel caps' (one cut down to make it easier to get on and off) and a short piece of 1/2 OD (3/8 ID) silicone tube to grip the MP and establish the seal. "Suck testing' confirms a solid seal (as does the 'nose test'). Later versions had even less unsupported tube sticking out. Another Member posted his success story with basically none showing at all IIRC.

OF
Thx for helping man! I was thinking about emailing arizer and asking to buy a shorter stem. Idk if they would do that

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Message them. Cant hurt and only shows there is demand for short stem

I asked about shorter stems a couple of weeks ago and Arizer said they were not going to be offering them. Perhaps PV or somebody else will come up something similar...a mini Turbo stem??????

~

SlightlyStonedSD

Good point. I assumed (yeah, I know....) since the OP had gone out to get a meter it was a modern low end digital one (which is why I went with generic instructions). If so, no problem since we don't care about polarity (which has to be 'right'), only magnitude.

If it's not the common 3.5 digit DMM we're dealing with, more instructions will be needed?

OF

I did go buy a cheap digital one from harbor freight and the generic instructions worked great, thank you. The batteries are fine and I'm still having issues. I'm just going to send it in instead of worrying about it.

SlightlyStonedSD,
Reactions: OF

OF

I did go buy a cheap digital one from harbor freight and the generic instructions worked great, thank you. The batteries are fine and I'm still having issues. I'm just going to send it in instead of worrying about it.

Great, thanks for the update. Too bad it's not as simple as dead batteries, but now you know the problem is within the unit itself?

You probably got the same yellow DMM I bought a bunch of. They had a $3 each sale a while back and I bought ten extra. They're all over, I can see two from here, I never have to go far to get one. Still got a couple still unopened. Probably should open them and pull the cheap batteries out.....no need to damage a $3 meter by long storage.

And you've added 'electrical troubleshooting skills' to your resume.......

OF

paintthemoon

Unapproved commercial account.
Does anyone know how long the included battery lasts until it dies? I've only used it 2-3 sessions before I charge it because I don't want it to die on me in the middle of a sesh. Thanks!

paintthemoon,

OF

Does anyone know how long the included battery lasts until it dies? I've only used it 2-3 sessions before I charge it because I don't want it to die on me in the middle of a sesh. Thanks!

Probably a bit over 50 minutes. Until it ages, in which case it'll slowly drop.

Four sessions per charge is my normal routine. Since then I haven't had any lack of power adventures.

OF

OF,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Probably a bit over 50 minutes. Until it ages, in which case it'll slowly drop.

Four sessions per charge is my normal routine. Since then I haven't had any lack of power adventures.

OF
Kinda random but it's been on my mind since the Crafty/Mighty came out and we got our hands on them, how come some people are saying that they feel like the Crafty/Mighty "struggle" with the last few bowls at the end of a charge but the Solo/Air don't? What's different between them that the Solo/Air will give you the same performance every session even when it's the last 3 minutes on the battery? I notice the 'battery effectiveness taper' with my ecig gear (mechanicals, no circuits), but then there are regulated mods that don't have the battery taper at the end. Thanks!

OF

Kinda random but it's been on my mind since the Crafty/Mighty came out and we got our hands on them, how come some people are saying that they feel like the Crafty/Mighty "struggle" with the last few bowls at the end of a charge but the Solo/Air don't? What's different between them that the Solo/Air will give you the same performance every session even when it's the last 3 minutes on the battery?

I've never seen one and I haven't been following Crafty/Mighty but think I understand what's going on here.

As the battery discharges it's voltage drops a fair bit. Broadly say from 4.2 to 3.2 Volts. This is not 'only' a 25% drop in voltage, but also causes a similar 25% drop in current. These work together to actually be a more serious drop in power (product of volts times amps) of 44% to 56% of what it was fully charged.

With me so far? Obviously this is a problem left unchecked like it is in a mechanical e-cig supply. It's only going to have a bit more than half the power when you give up and recharge.

Enter temperature control. Solo, like most such vapes, uses what's called "duty cycle" control. This means turning it on when it's too cold and shutting it off when it's hot enough. Duty cycle is the ratio (percentage) of the time it's on compared to off. Sometimes called 'on time percentage', it can be adjusted as needed 'on the fly'.....automatically.

That is, when Solo first starts up with a fresh charge it's on for say 5 seconds each cycle. As the battery decays it shifts to 6 seconds on, then to 7 and so on. The off time is pretty constant since it's losing temperature from the same maximum to the same 'turn back on now' temperature.

Just like your home heater 'comes on more often' when it's cold (the duty cycle changes to compensate).

Still there? Here comes what I think can happen. There's an obvious limit when available power is 'just barely enough' to make up for the losses. It stays on 100% of the time finally, after which it just can't get to temperature. You run out of 'extra power' if you will. My guess is the German machines have less margin here. What once was a very responsive car has degraded to the point where it barely makes freeway speed. If you don't get a tune up soon (recharge in our case) you'll get even worse and no longer be able to keep up with traffic, let alone pass anything in sight.

Or not.

OF

Top Bottom