OF

easier to show..
vemIcud.jpg

Yup, that's what I found in the second Air I got. Notice a couple of details. The bowl end is bigger in the all glass one. Secondly, it's made 'to the same pattern' as the other Air stems (walls are more uniform, shoulder sharper and holes smaller than on Solo).

IMO it's a modified Air stem, not a shortened Solo one?

This also seems to confirm the idea that there's been a change in the package, an the new ones are shipping with 3, not two, total stems. One all glass, the other a shorter version with a plastic MP and smaller load size. As I guess I suspect this is to cover the 'all glass vapor path' feature?

Thanks for the information.

OF

OF

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Thanks OF, I couldn't notice the other details on that all glass stem until you said it. Solo stems are a lot more rounded on that shoulder, and I couldn't tell the holes are smaller on the air stem from that picture. I think I might be a long lost brother in law of yours..

Barhen

Thanks, are these air stems all the same length approx? How about the solo lookin one? It looks the same as a solo stem but shorter, are they pretty inconsistent with that second stem?

no the all glass one is longer by 1/2 inches compared to the one with the mouthpiece. It also has a bigger bowl as well

KidFated.

Unknown Member
no the all glass one is longer by 1/2 inches compared to the one with the mouthpiece. It also has a bigger bowl as well
Thank you but I meant the ones with the mouthpiece, but OF said they now have two different sized stems with the mouthpiece

KidFated.,

Barhen

Yup, that's what I found in the second Air I got. Notice a couple of details. The bowl end is bigger in the all glass one. Secondly, it's made 'to the same pattern' as the other Air stems (walls are more uniform, shoulder sharper and holes smaller than on Solo).

IMO it's a modified Air stem, not a shortened Solo one?

This also seems to confirm the idea that there's been a change in the package, an the new ones are shipping with 3, not two, total stems. One all glass, the other a shorter version with a plastic MP and smaller load size. As I guess I suspect this is to cover the 'all glass vapor path' feature?

Thanks for the information.

OF

OF

3? you mean the aroma tube then? I literally just got this.. charge, burnout 2-3 times? iso the mouth pieces? :D

Barhen,
Reactions: OF

Barhen

HM I dont know. am I missing stuff... damn. according to his old posts, he only got 2 like I did...maybe thats it.

Barhen,

OF

3? you mean the aroma tube then?

No, I don't consider it a tube (it doesn't go anywhere.....) it's just a dish and useless for herb at that.

It seems it used to be 2 plastic topped stems of the new design and a straight Solo stem (at least in some/most cases). That got changed a few weeks later to one shorter plastic topped one with small bowl, and a second, slightly longer all glass stem (also of the new design) with the dish. Before 3 stems plus dish, now 2 plus dish.

When I read OF's post quoting your picture, it seems he got three stems with his second package? I'm confused.. @Barhen

No, that's not what happened, nor can I understand how you might have got that from my post. I clearly said "That's what seems to be replacing the longer of the two 'screw top stems'. That is it was wrapped in bubble wrap (no little plastic bag the right size?) and stuffed into the middle slot. No straight Solo stem in with the case and skin." By that I meant it was replacing the longer Air stem from before and there was no "straight Solo stem in the case and skin".

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-arizer-air.16415/page-54#post-707378

Near as I can tell, some/most got 3 stems and a dish at first (Straight Solo in with the general stuff as kind of an afterthought (?) with two new style plastic topped ones), now a new style replacement for the longer Air stem with all glass construction in the place in the case the original one was in, and no more 'extra' Solo stems tucked in the case. The dish remains lower left in the case.

Not everyone got 3 stems, now it seems nobody else will from here forward? The third stem was never listed on the contents, it's a bonus, and I really don't think anyone is entitled to it for that reason. The advertise 2 stems and a dish, right?

FWIW I hope the longer plastic topped stem is not gone for good, I like that one more than it's shorter brother right now.

OF

KidFated.

Unknown Member
This threw me off.. My bad! Thanks for clearing it up

SiDankies

Ordered on 12/9/14, received 12/13/14.
EuSM8b3.png
Exactly what i received. Man i need those MFLB battery caps for my stems. Def completes the unit and improves stealth imo.

I absolutely love the case ariser gives with the air. So useful.

Just ended my eve with a nice session with the air. I love this thing. It is a newer smaller better Solo. AWESOMEEEEE. Merry Christmas !

OF

Can I use this while charging? I thought I could but I tried and wasn't successful.

Yes, I just tested both modes. Having it running on battery and plugging the charger in and having it charging normally and turning it on normally both result in normal (or slightly reduced) charging current as well as heating. It's truly charging while heating (off the battery for the most part).

I measured the current, the only indication I found is the color of the lower LED changes from a dark blue to a much lighter shade.

The key is it cannot charge as fast as the heating discharges. Especially as it warms up, holding temperature takes less power over time. This is why it takes less than an hour to completely discharge the battery but a couple to recharge it again. In broad terms if we discharge a 2200mAh battery in one hour we are using it at a 2.2 Amp rate (on average). The charger, OTOH, delivers about ,8 Amps, meaning overall the battery must supply 2/3 of the needed power (the 'missing' 1.4 Amps). Heatup power needs are about twice this, so the battery is needed for 80% of the duty then. This means, I think, from lockout you'd need to charge for 20 minutes before turning on in order to have the needed power on tap for a 10 minute session.

OF

SiDankies

Yes, I just tested both modes. Having it running on battery and plugging the charger in and having it charging normally and turning it on normally both result in normal (or slightly reduced) charging current as well as heating. It's truly charging while heating (off the battery for the most part).

I measured the current, the only indication I found is the color of the lower LED changes from a dark blue to a much lighter shade.

The key is it cannot charge as fast as the heating discharges. Especially as it warms up, holding temperature takes less power over time. This is why it takes less than an hour to completely discharge the battery but a couple to recharge it again. In broad terms if we discharge a 2200mAh battery in one hour we are using it at a 2.2 Amp rate (on average). The charger, OTOH, delivers about ,8 Amps, meaning overall the battery must supply 2/3 of the needed power (the 'missing' 1.4 Amps). Heatup power needs are about twice this, so the battery is needed for 80% of the duty then. This means, I think, from lockout you'd need to charge for 20 minutes before turning on in order to have the needed power on tap for a 10 minute session.

OF
Thanks a lot

SiDankies,
Reactions: OF

poonman

The Air is great, I found a pretty good unboxing video yesterday. I've had it a couple of weeks. Other than the 1 hour battery life it's fantastic.

Nice review ,
I kinda miss the pretty girl , jk .

At the 11:15 of the vid , he states you can get a OEM replacement
battery for $ 10 ??? Not sure what to make of that , does he know
something we don't ?

Nice review ,
I kinda miss the pretty girl , jk .

At the 11:15 of the vid , he states you can get a OEM replacement
battery for $ 10 ??? Not sure what to make of that , does he know
something we don't ?

LOL! Not sure about that hahaha! The battery is just a regular 18650 and you can easily find them for 10$ or less on EBAY. If you go to a vape shop though you'll probably pay more. It's the same type of battery that a lot of the new e-cigs are using now. You can find them all over.

BillyMumphries,
Top Bottom