CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The plastic tip is a nice upgrade from the Solo stem. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it before my Air came. It's very comfortable to use and keeps the vapor cool. It really adds to a quality feel when taking a draw.

I'm really glad that I added this vaporizing to the line. I'm hoping to here more about the batteries and if other brands will work just as well. I am holding off buying batterie or the charging station for now. The $45 price tag for the charging station seemed a bit high. I think $29 would be much more reasonable IMO.

Last edited:

SiDankies

Also, it is not restrictive at all IMO. Probably a little better than my M1A3 Solo. Better than my PNP. Less than my Alfa though.

I guess people who have never used an older model solo can think that this unit is restrictive, but imo it is a lot better and enjoyable.

BuzzDanklin

I have been seeing a lot of unboxing videos where people are getting 2 kinds of stems with the air, one kind with the plastic tip and then another which looks identical to the solo but much shorter.

I always though it was 2 with plastic tips one a bit longer than the other?

I got the two new Air stems "smoke cartridges" ;)
I also got a regular long Solo stem. It was wrapped up in the silicone air condom.

OF

I got the two new Air stems "smoke cartridges" ;)
I also got a regular long Solo stem. It was wrapped up in the silicone air condom.

Thanks, but the missing information is when. It looks like early on (the first week or two) folks got the plastic top stems (and usually a longer one, but not always). My Air came this way. The, not quite a week ago, I got a second one and found a new stem inside and posted here:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-arizer-air.16415/page-54#post-707378

Since then others have said they got the same thing. The question is is that a 'clean break'? That is did anyone get the new stem before a week ago Wednesday (tomorrow), or get a long and short plastic topped pair with a straight Solo stem much after that?

TIA

OF

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Thanks, but the missing information is when. It looks like early on (the first week or two) folks got the plastic top stems (and usually a longer one, but not always). My Air came this way. The, not quite a week ago, I got a second one and found a new stem inside and posted here:

Since then others have said they got the same thing. The question is is that a 'clean break'? That is did anyone get the new stem before a week ago Wednesday (tomorrow), or get a long and short plastic topped pair with a straight Solo stem much after that?

TIA

OF
i got 1 long, 1 short both plastic tipped stems.:) i ordered before black Friday

BuzzDanklin

TIA

OF

Oops, sorry for missing the important part. I ordered during the black friday-cyber monday sale.

BuzzDanklin,
Reactions: OF

al bundy

Vaporist
Black Friday also long and short black tip stems and a Solo" type straight stem stuck in the silicone sleeve.

I say "Solo type" because the 4 holes in the glass screen look like the same size holes in the two black tip stems.
Never used or even looked at it until @OF posted about his shorter Solo type stem.

So it's not a Solo straight stem it is an Air stem?,Right?
Works really nice not as restrictive as the black tip stems.

grassman

I think it would be wise to stay clear away from buying the Air above through EBay. It looks like your warranty wouldn't work. They aren't an authorized vendor I would imagine. If something happens you are out the money unless Arizer takes pity on you. It's buyer beware in this instance.

Not much saved if you lose out in the end.
What if you buy one for a friend as a gift? no warranty then??? Silly! Sold my air recently also. Just a mini solo at best for 3x the price.

Modnote: Reference to competing model removed as it is OT.

Last edited by a moderator:
grassman,

fabronaut

As others have said above, the Air should (far as I know) come with at least two of the stems with plastic tips. They're really short and the airflow is pretty decent, although I don't have anything to compare it against, save the stems I got with my Air.

Dunno if it's just me, but the two higher heat settings seem to drain the battery a bit quicker. The unit definitely has trouble maintaining the temperature at the two highest settings. Green and below is when it seems to shine for me (200 Celsius and down).

I think any issues I've had with airflow have had to do with me packing it too tight / tamping it down too much. I've used the tiny Air stems for the most part, only realizing that I had the rubberized vape sleeve and the super long (Solo?) stem in the box. I was so excited when I first got it, I pretty much pulled out only unpacked the parts I needed.

If I remember to do so, I'll take some pictures of the leftovers. Some of them turned out really crispy, others are a nice golden colour. Kinda like some kinds of tobacco I think? Tobacco isn't my area of expertise though.

Just used the longer stem again at higher temperatures, and boy, does having the longer glass pathway make a huge difference! It makes it taste so much better when the vapor is cooler. At least, that's my experience. I find letting it heat up for a minute or so before I draw tends to help too. I need to learn how to store my herb -- I have it sealed in a crummy ziploc, and will hopefully invest in some of those Jyarz (or whatever they're called) in the near future.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Air has better flavor on green using the longer Solo stem. A longer vaping path makes a big difference. Not quite as stealth that way. I was out with it earlier. I haven't wanted to put the skin that I had bought for this unit back on. It's just too much trouble to mess with.

Last edited:

OrdinaryJoe

So I've read a few posts on the Best of thread on the Air, I used to own a solo, and another before that which I accidentally fried. What i would like to know is whether or not the Air is worth the extra $130+ for batteries, compared to a newer Solo? i loved my solo when i had it; it made long drives amazing and bearable.

So does the Air out perform the Solo in enough significant ways to throw down the extra money? or if i liked my solo from a few years ago would a new solo be just fine?

I do really like the Air and if it was maybe $200 again, or cheaper, I would be on that in a heartbeat; but again if a Solo can do the deed just as well why pay more?

OrdinaryJoe

So what you're saying is that the only difference between the Air and Solo that really matters is size? the performance in vapor quality is not as drastic an increase as to warrant getting the Air because of how much better it is?

BuzzDanklin

So what you're saying is that the only difference between the Air and Solo that really matters is size? the performance in vapor quality is not as drastic an increase as to warrant getting the Air because of how much better it is?

The new solo's actually performs better overall if I am not mistaken. They have longer battery life, and a bit less draw resistance (I have an old M105 solo with more draw resistance than the air)

thesoloman

Ya'll are confusing me, now i want to go search my box for a solo-like-stem, I ordered on black friday, and only received the plastic topped stem, i wonder if there is a solo-like-stem in my box somewhere, probably not.
Now i need one of these stems, VAS or GAS? I'm not sure which it is.

BuzzDanklin

Ya'll are confusing me, now i want to go search my box for a solo-like-stem, I ordered on black friday, and only received the plastic topped stem, i wonder if there is a solo-like-stem in my box somewhere, probably not.

Did you find your silicone air skin? My solo stem was packed inside that. They were located along the side of the box.

OF

Not everyone got one it seems, there have been other reports like yours (none found).

It's neither VAS or GAS.......it's simple (and sound) vape logic. You should really know that..........

Good luck scratching that itch.

OF

Barhen

well mine just came in today. I ordered last week and got only 1 mouthpiece, 1 new glass style tube and the aroma.

Barhen,
Reactions: OF

Barhen

easier to show..
vemIcud.jpg

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Thanks, are these air stems all the same length approx? How about the solo lookin one? It looks the same as a solo stem but shorter, are they pretty inconsistent with that second stem?

KidFated.,
Top Bottom