CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I recently purchased the Air from VaporSeller. I just saw a few posts up that they are not an authorized retailer. This doesn't mean they sold me a fake unit though, does it? I ask because of several reasons. It took me at least ten cycles at the highest heat setting for a rubber=like smell and taste to go away. Also, this thing does not hit nearly as hard as the EQ. I understand with a table unit that is drawing power from an outlet will have more power to it, but even plugged in, the Air doesn't hit hard at all. It is hitting better after I read about the "sipping" method. I'm used to long, slow draws with the EQ, so this is different to me. However, I am not seeing thick clouds like I've seen in videos of others using the Air. I'm also not feeling the effects like I do with the EQ. Could you guys either take a picture of the bottom of your Air's and post it up. You can white out the serial number if you'd like. I just want to see if it's the same as mine. I've sent an email to Amy at Arizer, but no response yet.
Lastly, thank you all for the fucking amazing info on these boards. I last visited FC around 4 years ago and forgot how awesome this place is.
There's a couple of different bottoms for the Air, as I understand from other owners. I posted mine some pages back.

Your AA isn't going to hit as hard as your EQ. You should be getting some nice clouds though. FCer @OF bought one off if eBay and it was a fake. He took pictures of it and posted. You need to look back and do some searches.

My unit was bought 15 months ago from Arizer.

AEQfan

There's a couple of different bottoms for the Air, as I understand from other owners. I posted mine some pages back.

Your AA isn't going to hit as hard as your EQ. You should be getting some nice clouds though. FCer @OF bought one off if eBay and it was a fake. He took pictures of it and posted. You need to look back and do some searches.

My unit was bought 15 months ago from Arizer.

Here's the bottom of mine.

I'll see if I can find the pics you are talking about. Thanks!

As for the weird taste, I was quite surprised. Maybe I was trying to hit it too hard? The air flow wasn't/isn't as easy as my EQ, so I was trying to pull harder. Since then, from reading this thread, I've started to do shorter pulls and the taste went away. From looking at how it was put together, it looks like Arizer quality but I want to make sure since I bought it from an UNauthorized dealer. (Vapor Seller) I know I have a lot more to read in the thread, but it's so long. Can you give me an idea of how you draw from your AA?

Last edited:

OF

FCer @OF bought one off if eBay and it was a fake. He took pictures of it and posted. You need to look back and do some searches.

Guilty, although it was DHGate IIRC. Not that matters, I expected it to be counterfeit of course, why would a product MADE IN CANADA show up for cheap in China? It can't possibly be top line product through legitimate channels or PIU would buy there too? Most of the details ended up in the Counterfeit thread:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/counterfeit-arizer-air.19948/

I still recommend PIU and PV. Deals 'too good to be true' generally aren't?

OF

InspireAndAdmire

Guilty, although it was DHGate IIRC. Not that matters, I expected it to be counterfeit of course, why would a product MADE IN CANADA show up for cheap in China? It can't possibly be top line product through legitimate channels or PIU would buy there too? Most of the details ended up in the Counterfeit thread:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/counterfeit-arizer-air.19948/

I still recommend PIU and PV. Deals 'too good to be true' generally aren't?

OF

You're pretty big on your AA aren't you. What else vaporizers do you own and how do they compare? I'm hoping to get to a [10] every time with a single bowl if I only vape once or twice a week lol.

Still debating on which color ^_^

AEQfan

So I found the counterfeit thread, I'm pretty sure my in legit. Will post up what Arizer says. Here is a pic of the unit.
You're pretty big on your AA aren't you. What else vaporizers do you own and how do they compare? I'm hoping to get to a [10] every time with a single bowl if I only vape once or twice a week lol.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but so far, I'm not getting the desired effects from the AA. In fact, I don't think I've gotten to a level 3 even with it. But it could very well be me not packing it right, not hitting it right, etc. The draw resistance for me is a bit too much, but I'm comparing it to the EQ. I'm not giving up on the AA yet, I just hope I can figure out how to get the sweet hits every else is getting.

InspireAndAdmire

So I found the counterfeit thread, I'm pretty sure my in legit. Will post up what Arizer says. Here is a pic of the unit.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but so far, I'm not getting the desired effects from the AA. In fact, I don't think I've gotten to a level 3 even with it. But it could very well be me not packing it right, not hitting it right, etc. The draw resistance for me is a bit too much, but I'm comparing it to the EQ. I'm not giving up on the AA yet, I just hope I can figure out how to get the sweet hits every else is getting.
Are you grinding? I hand pick my bud.. so hopefully I don't have issues with just putting it in. Perhaps its your tolerance. Desktops are way more powerful.

OF

Actually, as I've said before, I'd take Solo over Air. A personal call, as is 'what's the best vape?'. Advice from random folks not using their real names aside only you can, in the end, pick the one best for you. And there's no guarantee on that choice. Sticking with popular models increases the odds but there are so many good models because there are so many that think each is the best for them?

Solo/Air is probably an excellent call for sure use. FMs would be another possibility I think. My personal favorite for 'fun vape for occasional use' is probably Vapman.

Whatever you buy, plan on buying a solid back up vape. No fooling. Get one you enjoy using anyway is my advice, but have a ready alternative should problems (rare as they are with Solo/Air they still happen) come up. 'Going back to blazing' while your only vape is in the shop is not a useful fallback.

On the list of others worth considering for either a main or backup vape are MFLB and several of the VGs (stay away from the glass bat it you're clumsy and all the metal bats unless you're a pro).

"Ya pays your money and makes yer choice"
Mae West.

OF

CarolKing

Try a loose pack.
Also look into getting some mouthpieces that are the PVHES line of mouthpieces. They have added air channels along the sides. It makes taking a draw a lot earlier.

They are around $25 and shipping is expensive so buy 2. You can buy these awesome mouthpieces through Planetvape.

They are sponsor here on FC. The PVHES are a popular item and many of the styles could be sold out.
Best of luck on your journey to be combustion free.

AEQfan

Are you grinding? I hand pick my bud.. so hopefully I don't have issues with just putting it in. Perhaps its your tolerance. Desktops are way more powerful.

Yes, I grind.

Try a loose pack. Also look into getting some mouthpieces that are the PVHES line of mouthpieces. They have added air channels along the sides. It makes taking a draw a lot earlier. They are around $25 and shipping is expensive so buy 2.
Thanks for the advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
AEQfan,

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
I recently purchased the Air from VaporSeller. I just saw a few posts up that they are not an authorized retailer. This doesn't mean they sold me a fake unit though, does it? I ask because of several reasons. It took me at least ten cycles at the highest heat setting for a rubber=like smell and taste to go away. Also, this thing does not hit nearly as hard as the EQ. I understand with a table unit that is drawing power from an outlet will have more power to it, but even plugged in, the Air doesn't hit hard at all. It is hitting better after I read about the "sipping" method. I'm used to long, slow draws with the EQ, so this is different to me. However, I am not seeing thick clouds like I've seen in videos of others using the Air. I'm also not feeling the effects like I do with the EQ. Could you guys either take a picture of the bottom of your Air's and post it up. You can white out the serial number if you'd like. I just want to see if it's the same as mine. I've sent an email to Amy at Arizer, but no response yet.
Lastly, thank you all for the fucking amazing info on these boards. I last visited FC around 4 years ago and forgot how awesome this place is.

You may need to bug Arizer to get a response, even if they respond to you quickly on your initial email. I've found they only respond to about 50% of their emails.

Anyway, they got back to me eventually (ie today) and the unit I got from VaporSeller and from eBay are both authentic according to Arizer support.

The Air is a really well built product so it's pretty easy to tell if you got a legit one or not. Any warranty they offer applies to your product whether you bought it from an authorized dealer or not also.

BTW: Thick clouds are wasted vapor. Hold your hits till you barely see anything upon exhale.

beiberhole69,

sickmanfraud

Reddit .. quick search though, I'll take a look back.

So vaporseller.com are authorized dealers?

Platenvape.ca is a sponsor of FC and an authorized reseller by Arizer.

If you are in the USA there is a better deal. Planetvape has a code in their signature that you can find under sponsoring retailers.

That code gives you an Air, FREE extra OEM battery and free shipping for !99 Canadian which works out to about $144 at current exchange rates.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Solo/Air is probably an excellent call for sure use. FMs would be another possibility I think. My personal favorite for 'fun vape for occasional use' is probably Vapman.

Whatever you buy, plan on buying a solid back up vape. No fooling. Get one you enjoy using anyway is my advice, but have a ready alternative should problems (rare as they are with Solo/Air they still happen) come up. 'Going back to blazing' while your only vape is in the shop is not a useful fallback.

True shit this is (very true). I still like the FM 5.0 series & am filthy on myself for not buying a mica VapMan for $110 when I had the chance as it is now $180 locally & it is hard to justify that price. I need a butane vape though & the walnut VaporGenie or VapCap look good for far less as a back up, back up....

I received my first J hook today & I am wondering what I was thinking for years. I purchased it for my UD but it is beautiful with the Air. I slipped a piece of silicone over the long glass stem & it is a perfect fit & allows me to wrap my forefinger around the silicone. I see more J hooks in my future :). The Air is like the little engine that could & it amazes me with each session.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
True shit this is (very true). I still like the FM 5.0 series & am filthy on myself for not buying a mica VapMan for $110 when I had the chance as it is now $180 locally & it is hard to justify that price. I need a butane vape though & the walnut VaporGenie or VapCap look good for far less as a back up, back up....

I received my first J hook today & I am wondering what I was thinking for years. I purchased it for my UD but it is beautiful with the Air. I slipped a piece of silicone over the long glass stem & it is a perfect fit & allows me to wrap my forefinger around the silicone. I see more J hooks in my future :). The Air is like the little engine that could & it amazes me with each session.
Shoot us a pic, if you have the chance. Would be nice to see the beauty :)

CarolKing

A "j" hook is awesome with the Air. I bought a couple through Planetvape a month ago. I'm not getting the WTs out at night as much.
Here's a pic of mine. I've been using it with my Solo and the Enano too. That's my @Ed's TnT WonG. I get so much use out of it. The AA needs to be hot to insert the WonG. It fits my Solo as well as the Air.

Last edited:

AEQfan

Just heard back from Arizer after sending them about 10 pictures last night. They said based on the pictures and the information I provided, they conclude it is authentic. Now if I can just figure out how to hit this as well as my EQ, I'll be a happy camper. Thanks for all the advice everyone.

InspireAndAdmire

Platenvape.ca is a sponsor of FC and an authorized reseller by Arizer.

If you are in the USA there is a better deal. Planetvape has a code in their signature that you can find under sponsoring retailers.

That code gives you an Air, FREE extra OEM battery and free shipping for !99 Canadian which works out to about $144 at current exchange rates.

I'm on it, the code is
AIRCHILLEDFC

Also, what appeared in my shopping cart was the batteries. I'm in the U.S., the price total came up to $199. How do I get it to the $144 price?

OF

Just heard back from Arizer after sending them about 10 pictures last night. They said based on the pictures and the information I provided, they conclude it is authentic. Now if I can just figure out how to hit this as well as my EQ, I'll be a happy camper. Thanks for all the advice everyone.

Good news indeed.

While Air is an excellent vape, I'm a bit concerned about your goal. I'm more of a 'see where this goes' kinda guy, but understand a result/goal driven usage. If, for instance, this involves 'big clouds' in a hurry you're up against it. Too little a gun for the game.

Otherwise, I suggest starting with an intact budlet for ease, but be ready to experiment with grinds. Charge fully, even overcharge before the first use. Seriously. Four hours is best, AFTER the internal charger stops. First time only, after the first serious discharge this opportunity has passed. Batteries are cheap enough, but why start out limiting it's useful life?

I suggest the third step as a starting point. Keep the herb well cured (on the dry side) going in, draw slowly (following the taste if you can). It'll get there for sure, it's just at the modest power available from on board batteries you can only have so much power.

Follow the results you like, change temperatures, draw rates, packing and so on. Kinda fun and even the bad sessions are really pretty good.......

OF

AEQfan

Good news indeed.

While Air is an excellent vape, I'm a bit concerned about your goal. I'm more of a 'see where this goes' kinda guy, but understand a result/goal driven usage. If, for instance, this involves 'big clouds' in a hurry you're up against it. Too little a gun for the game.

Otherwise, I suggest starting with an intact budlet for ease, but be ready to experiment with grinds. Charge fully, even overcharge before the first use. Seriously. Four hours is best, AFTER the internal charger stops. First time only, after the first serious discharge this opportunity has passed. Batteries are cheap enough, but why start out limiting it's useful life?

I suggest the third step as a starting point. Keep the herb well cured (on the dry side) going in, draw slowly (following the taste if you can). It'll get there for sure, it's just at the modest power available from on board batteries you can only have so much power.

Follow the results you like, change temperatures, draw rates, packing and so on. Kinda fun and even the bad sessions are really pretty good.......

OF

Hmmm. I keep my stuff in a mason jar. Maybe I should leave a little bit out and see if that helps? And I think you're right about my intended use for this. I'm used to getting to a nice level 7 out of 10 with my first pull from the EQ at 180 C. I think with the AA, I need to realize it serves a different purpose. But I still have not gotten beyond a level 3 with it. I'll try your advice tonight and report back.

CarolKing

Often tolerance comes to play. You are also used to getting medicated with the EQ. The AA might be a step down in your medicating routine. A portable isn't meant to be a replacement for a desk top. You already have the cream of the crop it sounds like.

Now I want an EQ. If you have too hard of a hitter that you use all the time that might screw up your tolerance for other lesser vaporizers?

We are always looking for the best vaporizer. It doesn't exist.

Edit
You don't need to hold your vapor in any longer than 5 seconds. It's a fairy tale that you need to hold your vapor in a long time. Usually a draw is at least 5 seconds maybe more - depending if you are a lung buster or not. @beiberhole69 you are worried about wasted vapor. Vaporize at a lower temp, that produces less vapor clouds. Your cannabis also lasts longer before its spent.

Last edited:

AEQfan

Often tolerance comes to play. You are also used to getting medicated with the EQ. The AA might be a step down in your medicating routine. A portable isn't meant to be a replacement for a desk top. You already have the cream of the crop it sounds like.

Now I want an EQ. If you have too hard of a hitter that you use all the time that might screw up your tolerance for other lesser vaporizers?

We are always looking for the best vaporizer. It doesn't exist.

The EQ is simply amazing, and I don't even do any of the awesome things members here do with theirs. I just use the whip that came with it, and it gives awesome tasting, smooth feeling, monster hits. It's pretty efficient too. You can also use it as a bag but I don't for a couple of reasons. The bag gets a nasty stale tasted after a few uses from it. I also find it to be a waste of material. I start off at 180 C for 2 or 3 loooooooong pulls with an elbow pack. Then I drop the material into the cyclone bowl, bump it up to 200 C and eventually work my way up to 220 C until I dump it into another mason jar that I use to the save the AVB. I'm sure you know this already, but there's some great info in the EQ thread. I highly recommend the EQ. While it's not perfect, it's amazing. I bought mine a while ago. Prior to 2011 since in 2011 I had to buy another adapter since I lost in it a move. It still functions flawlessly. (Knocks on wood)

Top Bottom