OF

I do vape (pipe) tobacco but the air won't be the best vape to use for this purpose as you want the temp more like 100°c-150°c so lower than the air will go.

And 'therein lies the rub'. You get 'full extraction' from the tobacco long before any THC from the hash in this technique (heating from the outside). This is not an issue in combustion since other areas of the load are the right temperature for each (and more).

Best to avoid the tobacco all together I think, stuff is poison you know........

OF

allareas

And 'therein lies the rub'. You get 'full extraction' from the tobacco long before any THC from the hash in this technique (heating from the outside). This is not an issue in combustion since other areas of the load are the right temperature for each (and more).

Best to avoid the tobacco all together I think, stuff is poison you know........

OF

I know that tobacco is poison but I can't quit (I tried several times) so you don't recommend vaping tobacco
or combined tobacco with weed or hash I am asking that cause the vaping manufacturers don't say that

Last edited by a moderator:

OF

I know that tobacco is poison but I can't quit (I tried several times) so you don't recommend vaping tobacco
or combined tobacco with weed or hash I am asking that cause the vaping manufacturers don't say that

No, I don't. Again, tobacco runs at a much different temperature. You get Nicotine, not THC (or Nicotine and THC together). And a tiny bit of Nicotine has a bigger effect than you'd expect when vaped. Take it slow if you go there. And don't expect any benefit from hash in the load.

If Nicotine is the goal, and I get it can be a serious one, I suggest using extracts (which you vape) since they don't contain most of the nasty stuff. Nicotine, as I understand it, is pretty benign in that form. In the end it's the Nicotine that you really get addicted to (in the medical sense), smoking is a mental link not unlike the ones 'dope smokers' experience when they convert to vaping. Your brain is associating choking for breath with getting the drug it craves. The 'take home lesson' in vaping is simple, "you don't really have to stick your face in the campfire to get off".

If you haven't considered trying 'juice' in a dedicated vape you might? It seems to work very well for lots of folks. And most agree it's much better than smoking?

Regards,

OF

allareas

I'm going to try the Allen Carr method thanks for the advice ( I will buy the book cause the seminar is rather dear costs 350€ ) I'm not going to quit weed or hash.
So what do you recommend for both weed and hash vaporizer together or separately? Looking at the vapir prima though

Spocks_Katra

@allareas It may help if you post this in ask FC, as this is specifically dedicated to the arizer air. youd probably get more diverse responses

Spocks_Katra,
Reactions: OF

sativasam

NO SMOKING
@allareas It may help if you post this in ask FC, as this is specifically dedicated to the arizer air. youd probably get more diverse responses
agreed

I'm going to try the Allen Carr method thanks for the advice ( I will buy the book cause the seminar is rather dear costs 350€ ) I'm not going to quit weed or hash.
So what do you recommend for both weed and hash vaporizer together or separately? Looking at the vapir prima though
I'll message you privately

sativasam,

OF

my apologies

Hey, not a bit of that. No apology called for at all. It's just as SK suggests you'll find a wider audience there. For my money Air is a great herb vape, but not so much so with concentrates. Few vapes are great with both IMO.

That said, a personal favorite that does very well with both, is quite frugal to feed, and is fun to use is the Vapman. It's also relatively cheap, less than Air by a lot. It does excellent work with herb, traditional (pressed) hashes, and oils and waxes. There are optional 'concentrate screens' that may or may not be of use with the hash you have, they're cheap and easy to try.

You might wonder over there and lurk a bit?
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapman.94/

You might want to skip ahead, it's a long thread with LOTS of happy owners.

Regards and best wishes.

OF

MeditativeMind

*Insert 'custom title' here*
do y'all have sessions more than 10 min? usually I just end it at the timer but with my new eds tnt stem it seems like it holds more and the bowl is still going strong after 10 min

I use the same bowl for two 10-minute sessions sometimes but there's usually a 5-15 minute gap between the first and second session.

OF

do y'all have sessions more than 10 min? usually I just end it at the timer but with my new eds tnt stem it seems like it holds more and the bowl is still going strong after 10 min

I too usually don't finish in ten minutes and will go longer. Ed's stems do hold more I think, but also being metal pull the heat from the load faster so if you don't 'bump up the heat' that too is adding to longer vaping per load?

OF

Spocks_Katra

I too usually don't finish in ten minutes and will go longer. Ed's stems do hold more I think, but also being metal pull the heat from the load faster so if you don't 'bump up the heat' that too is adding to longer vaping per load?

OF
that would make sense, It has trouble maintaining heat at the beginning, i think its the metal/wood soaking it all up

Spocks_Katra,

OF

that would make sense, It has trouble maintaining heat at the beginning, i think its the metal/wood soaking it all up

Yep. And part of the metal sticks up out of the oven where it can dump heat into the air (or your finger if you're not careful). A bit like putting a spoon in your too hot cup of tea to cool it faster......

OF

OF,

Candidradio

Got my new "Air" for Christmas gift and I must say I love it. October 2015 for my first "VAPE" I purchased the E-Nano and enjoyed so much I wanted another vape, especially one more portable & for a backup since preferring vaping over conventional.

From my experience with both vapes I prefer the AIR over the E-nano.
I am a "Noob" to the vape scene so maybe I need some more time but straight up vaping for me and friends also prefer the "AIR".

Draw is much better on the AIR.
Portable meant more than I expected but even when using the AIR with the power/charge cable I prefer the AIR for its smaller size i guess that seemed a little easier to use than the E-nano.

Efficiency and taste were Equal. Yet the AIR for me was better priced with the
availability of replacement parts for the AIR.

Few of my friends after testing have purchased a few AIR's for themselves lol.
I'm thinking of a SSV soon :) Though this AIR is badass! and thanks to FC for helping me with my choices so far in the vape world.

Again I am a noob to vapes & hope i'm okay posting my results from both the E-Nano and AIR arizer here, I understand if a mod needs to delete or ask me to remove etc.

Thanks FC.

I love my new Airizer Air. It is such a huge difference not coughing nonstop. Fabulous product.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon

OF

I always go one step higher on my Ed's stem. I love it because it is different & a classier way of using the Air. Pics do not do the natural beauty of an Ed's stem justice at all. I was at a BBQ yesterday when I popped outside for a discrete vape with the Air & Ed's. Man when the sun hit that woodgrain it felt like a truly special moment between me & my Air :cool:

http://edstnt.com/product-category/arizer-air-eds-tnt-wooden-stems/

InspireAndAdmire

Hey guys. First post here. I was fortunate enough to find this website. I'll read and skim through the previous posts, but if anyone (and as many) can offer some relief in the meanwhile as I do, it'll be appreciated.

I'm considering on purchasing an Arizer Air. My budget is $200 (considering I'm purchasing it from PIU @$169), but stealth is my main concern. I understand this vape is a work horse like its brother the Solo. I also understand that all vaporizers do have a scent, but I found the PAX 1 to be very, very, high. Especially when it's finished, it carries the scent with you.

1. Portability - Will this vaporizer fit in a pocket easily?
2. Are there any small stems that are purchasable or third party, preferably wood?
3. Is it possible to perfectly maintain a clean glass stem without risen? (I have an issue with the stem looking dirty, regardless if it can be used for edibles) and does the stem have a permanent smell to it?
4. Efficiency - How does this compare in the vape world in terms of accuracy?
5. Performance - How does this square up against the Crafty/Mighty?
6. Taste - How does this compare to the FireFly and what are your opinions on the taste factor against its competition?
7. Durability - Can this vape last 2-5 years + with just changing of batteries after wear and tear?
8. Additional - Pro's & Con's at the top of your head. Battery safety, how safe is the device?

Thanks!

Last edited:

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
Hey guys. First post here. I was fortunate enough to find this website. I'll read and skim through the previous posts, but if anyone (and as many) can offer from relief in the meanwhile as I do, it'll be appreciated.

I'm considering on purchasing an Arizer Air. My budget is $200 (considering I'm purchasing it from PIU @$169), but stealth is my main concern. I understand this vape is a work horse like its brother the Solo. I also understand that all vaporizers do have a scent, but I found the PAX 1 to be very, very, high. Especially when it's finished, it carries the scent with you.

1. Portability - Will this vaporizer fit in a pocket easily?
2. Are there any small stems that are purchasable or third party, preferably wood?
3. Is it possible to perfectly maintain a clean glass stem without risen? (I have an issue with the stem looking dirty, regardless if it can be used for edibles) and does the stem have a permanent smell to it?
4. Efficiency - How does this compare in the vape world in terms of accuracy?
5. Performance - How does this square up against the Crafty/Mighty?
6. Taste - How does this compare to the FireFly and what are your opinions on the taste factor against its competition?
7. Durability - Can this vape last 2-5 years + with just changing of batteries after wear and tear?
8. Additional - Pro's & Con's at the top of your head.

Thanks!

1 - I carry it in a jeans pocket all the time, I just leave the small stem in. It fits nice.

2 - The plastic tipped stem that it comes with is pretty much the shortest I have seen and is ideal for a night out on the town, a club etc.

3 - I get my glass perfectly clean in ISO every single week, comes out looking just like new. Only takes a hour or less to soak, but to make my job easier I sometimes leave it for days. Clean stems have no smell, once used a few times they do have a light smell. If you plan to regularly clean your stems I wouldn't worry.

4 - I have only used the Air so no expert, but it is generally regarded as an efficient vape. A load which is 0.1 will last for at least 10 minutes, and as long as 20 depending on what % of extraction you are after. You can also use lower loads and it still works well, maybe the vapor isn't quite as thick.

5 - Can't comment.

6 - Can't comment, but I think it tastes beautiful. :D

7 - The vape is very well built, and has a 2 year warranty. The heating element has a lifetime warranty. As far as I can tell from this forum very very few break. As you said you can just replace the batteries for a pretty low cost.

8 - Looks like an e-cig, good for public use. Can carry as many batteries as you need. Can charge from a portable power bank if you buy a USB cable. Replacement batteries and stems are cheep. Aside from cleaning stems there is very little maintenance, I clean the oven once a while with some magic eraser.

I wrote pretty brief answers, but if you need more details on a specific point just ask!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
This unit is very portable. It's not the size of an ecig it's more of an ecigar. It will fit in a pocket easily. If you wanted a wood stem try getting a hold of @Ed's TnT. I have a wooden 3 inch WonG/mouthpiece.

Clean your glass with ISO after every session, that will keep it sparkling. The stem itself doesn't hold the smell. The unit might a bit. I think FCer @OF did a test on the unit but I'm not sure about the temp accuracy. I think it runs on the hot side myself. I'm just able to use the 2 lower temperatures unless I use an extended air path. There is a list of the temp settings in the directions.

I don't have a Crafty or a Mighty but it will do the job jar as medicating is concerned and then some. Some folks use this unit as their everyday vaporizer. It doesn't use a lot of cannabis, it has a small bowl. I can get 2 - 10 min. sessions out of one bowl.

This unit will last its owner a long time. It could last for 5 years. It's very well made and feels sturdy. It has good flavor for me on the lower temperatures. There are very few cons. It feels harsher to me than my Arizer Solo but that could be just me.

This little unit is a kick ass vaporizer that will alway be ready when you are. If you need to be medicating on the go or cuddled up on your couch.

This unit is my stealth unit but I enjoy using my Solo too. I have several other vaporizers and I use the Air often.

Last edited:

InspireAndAdmire

Alright cool, thanks. You guys can continue to respond to it for the sake anyone else having similar questions and concerns as myself.

Also, can the heating chamber (ceramic compartment that holds the stem) be cleaned? Or do we avoid cleaning that because it can cause damages?

What's the best or favorite preference cleaner used for vaporizers? Is there a certain percentage we should stay above when using ISO?

Has anyone here tried vaping ejuice with a cotton ball (organic of course)? If so, how did it go? Flavor, vapor, is it similar to the ecigg?

The second LED light below the temperature light is used for telling you when the chamber is heated to that temperature you've selected, granted that the second LED is solid, after taking how many hits does it go below temperature? And how long after does it take to regain solid, thus being the desired temperature? How long after x amount of hits does the temperature decrease causing it to blink, and how long would you have to wait for it to be at desired temperature once again?

That's pretty much all I can think of. Other than my concern that the device seems to be over a year old, I wonder if Arizer will release a smaller, sleeker device after the Air.

MeditativeMind

*Insert 'custom title' here*
I've been so spoiled with this thing.

Smoking is absolutely disgusting and I can't take more than 3 tokes before either coughing up a lung or having an irritated throat or simply getting sick of it. I used to smoke a minimum of 3 joints a day and now I don't even own a lighter.

Vaping is the futureeeeeeeee

OF

I've been so spoiled with this thing.

Smoking is absolutely disgusting and I can't take more than 3 tokes before either coughing up a lung or having an irritated throat or simply getting sick of it. I used to smoke a minimum of 3 joints a day and now I don't even own a lighter.

Vaping is the futureeeeeeeee

Ain't that the simple truth!!! So cool. And you get to save LOTS on your weed bill (say 2/3 on average?) and move up to the top shelf in source and taste inspired enjoyment. And you get to live longer to enjoy it.

Hard to find much to object to really don'cha think?

OF

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
Alright cool, thanks. You guys can continue to respond to it for the sake anyone else having similar questions and concerns as myself.

Also, can the heating chamber (ceramic compartment that holds the stem) be cleaned? Or do we avoid cleaning that because it can cause damages?

What's the best or favorite preference cleaner used for vaporizers? Is there a certain percentage we should stay above when using ISO?

Has anyone here tried vaping ejuice with a cotton ball (organic of course)? If so, how did it go? Flavor, vapor, is it similar to the ecigg?

The second LED light below the temperature light is used for telling you when the chamber is heated to that temperature you've selected, granted that the second LED is solid, after taking how many hits does it go below temperature? And how long after does it take to regain solid, thus being the desired temperature? How long after x amount of hits does the temperature decrease causing it to blink, and how long would you have to wait for it to be at desired temperature once again?

That's pretty much all I can think of. Other than my concern that the device seems to be over a year old, I wonder if Arizer will release a smaller, sleeker device after the Air.

Cleaning is easy, I make some magic eraser damp, hold the air upside down, and rub the inside of the oven with the eraser. I hold it with a pear of tweezers. TBH you only have to do this very infrequently.

ISO is widely used because its easily accessible and cheap. However @OF recommends PBW which is used for cleaning in brewerys, its better for the environment I'm pretty sure.

If you suck really hard you can make the light flash and be below temp very very easy. The AA is more of a slow sip kinda vape. If you do take hard puffs it only takes 10 seconds or so to get back to temp. As your session gets longer and longer the stem and device soak the heat, so it is harder (but still possible) to overload the device.

Although its over a year old I don't think Arizer will produce something new that soon. The Solo was out for a long long time before the Air came along. Only a guess though. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom