OyVape

Finally might get some glass for the Air because I've just seen a 14mm water tool adapter very cheap.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01720JDTO/ref=s9_hps_bw_g121_i4

I know a lot of people recommend the D020 D. I would like that kind of top down style of bubbler. Are there others though that people recommend?

http://www.dhgate.com/product/d020-...187214099.html?recinfo=4,8,12#cps-12-5|null:8

I guess from the listing on DHGate its 18mm the actual hole that goes into the top of it. So shall I get a 18 to 14 converter?

Someone thats more accustomed to glass than me, whats the best way to do this? :)

Thanks

Yes, get a14 to 18 adapter.

namasteIII

PIU stocks them with other accessories for the Air. Worth checking out because of the discount we get FC-1 (code listed in Vendors).
http://www.puffitup.com/Solo-Air-Gong-p/arz.air-105_water.htm
Hows the quality on that one? Does the glass both feel sturdy and fit well into the Air and water tool? Also Is the performance inferior to one with the additional airflow? I like the price very much but just want to make sure it's a good product as well.

PeteSeattle

Hows the quality on that one? Does the glass both feel sturdy and fit well into the Air and water tool? Also Is the performance inferior to one with the additional airflow? I like the price very much but just want to make sure it's a good product as well.
It's as thick as the stock stems and fits well and won't dislodge. Mine had 3 holes in it but with a screened dome I'm able to milk it on red with my glass. It's reasonably sturdy. No problems with the purchase yet.

As for the flow I haven't had a chance to test it against the additional airflow. For me, once I insert the air with the gong into my glass the suction of my piece extracts nicely without any performance issues.

ntaylor

Un-Known Member
Hey to all you Air users who purchased from Ariza in Canada and had your Air mailed to the U.S. west coast ... How long did it take to arrive after the Canadian postal service got their hands on the package?

Canada Post received my Air yesterday - Friday, 6 November
I'm getting so damned anxious for my Air to arrive .... gotta and wanna try sucking a few milligrams of MMJ through it!

TomC1315

Hey to all you Air users who purchased from Ariza in Canada and had your Air mailed to the U.S. west coast ... How long did it take to arrive after the Canadian postal service got their hands on the package?

Canada Post received my Air yesterday - Friday, 6 November
I'm getting so damned anxious for my Air to arrive .... gotta and wanna try sucking a few milligrams of MMJ through it!

FWIW, Canada to Ohio took 8 days total in my case :-)

namasteIII

Hey all, I posted in the solo thread but want to get your opinions as well.

I've been given the opportunity to sell my Solo + Accessories for a price that allows me to buy a new Air for 30 bucks. The only negative I can see from my research is a decrease in battery life to about 5 sessions or so. However I feel the option for replaceable batteries and higher capacity aftermarket battery's make this a non-issue.

So, what do you do you guys think? Am I crazy not to take this deal or might I wind up missing my solo?

Thanks in advance for your help.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@namasteIII The bottom line is you will have stealth with the AA compared to the Solo. I really like both units. It's too bad you can't keep your Solo and get an Air too. I understand finances though. Buying vaporizers gets expensive, I'm already thinking about my next purchase.:lol:

The two units are very similar. The user replaceable batteries makes the battery a non issue. Buy as many batteries as you think you will need. I ended up eventually having 4 batteries. I have the car car charger and the Nitecore battery charger.

Batteries are about $17, don't cheap out and get counterfeit batteries. That could cause problems with the unit but others have bought them. I don't know if we've seen problems with them here in the thread. Maybe somebody could chime in about that. I'm cautious so I don't want to risk anything.

It's the perfect road trip unit to have when vaporizer on the fly is needed.:2c::peace:

Last edited:

Uzer

How's the battery life with just one battery. I plan to get at least one other but can I take it to a friends house for the night with just one battery fully charged.

You can expect to get 5-6 10min sessions from 1 battery. 2 is the minimum to have for the Air. I recommend 4 if you're gonna be doing sessions with friends.

You could also just bring the charger with you. If there's gonna be an hour or two between sessions that's plenty of time to recharge enough for a few more bowls.

Last edited:

namasteIII

That's a fine battery life, tack on the fact that their swappable and it sounds great.

For owners of both, does the air hit just as well (flavor, vapor quality) and as hard as the solo?

Also how's the battey life indicator work?

OF

I've already given my 'take' on it: "Not very well".

It's not documented, but you get a color coded flash that tells you if it's 'full' (more than 75% charged), between 50% and 75%, and '50% or less'. The range you need precision in ('how many sessions left?') covers the bottom half of the useful range.

Solo, OTOH, reads batter level in seven steps. While the top step often is good for two sessions, 'a step per session' is a reliable rule. And there's a reserve at the bottom as well.

With Solo you can accurately predict remaining sessions, with Air you'd best have a spare if you're not good at counting to four (all you can be sure of really, the fifth is 'iffy' dependent on heat setting).

I don't remember what @OF said about the Air portable batteries?

Beats me, I'm prone to saying just about anything...... My advice is to stick with the factory battery? As with any Li-ion they'll last longer if you avoid fully charging (not really possible with Air, but easy with Solo since you get fine steps for charge level to work with)? Avoid deep discharge (Air's cut off protects against this to some extent, I run four sessions and charge since the fifth is likely to get cut off early?

OF

Cuthbert Sinclair

hello to all

so I've been using the AA for about 2 weeks now. glad to say that the unit is still as good as it was on the first day ! I had ordered a couple of accessories along with the vape, an extra 70 mm plastic tipped mouth piece and and an extra battery.

The battery.
about a week later I realised it would be best if I fully charged a battery and keep it as a back up for when the other battery runs it's life. I'm doing pretty good with one battery. my sessions are mostly entirely on the green setting. this way I get about 4 good 10 min sessions and the 5th session ends about half way. I didn't check how long the 5th session lasted but then again I have run the battery down only once. since I'm almost always next to a plug point I put it back on charge by the 3rd or 4th session.
for only one person to smoke 3 bowls at a time.
effect wise it's pretty good. I assume anyone would be well medicated. (assuming that if your buying a $260 vape you wouldnt be smoking sub standard herb but then again I'm talking about average indian herb and it can't be compared to the kind of herb available in places where it's legal. )
I also feel no one talks much about the effects of this vaporizer. I say this as this was a major concern while I wanted to purchase this vape.
and yes it takes between 2 to 3 hours to fully charge.

70mm plastic tipped mouth piece
so yeah the plastic tipped mouth piece is better as it gives a more natural feeling when taking a draw. but that's not all, there's a silicone o ring where the glass part screws into the plastic tip. I feel this helps greatly reduce anything flying into your mouth when taking a draw while your not using a screen in the bowl.
I smoked like this for about a week and then I wanted to clean my mouth piece. and I had read online that the o ring is very easy to over look and misplace.
damn I feel my stupidity while writing this ..
so I unscrewed the plastic tip and put the glass and plastic part into a bottle of iso totally forgetting that i had kept the o ring on my table.
alas by the time i realised it was too late and I had lost the o ring.
I tried to smoke without the o ring and yeah a lot was being sucked up while taking a draw.
gladly I had an extra mouth piece so I took the o ring from that and everything was good.
then last night I found a couple screens so what I did was
I kept the screen on the bed (soft surface)
took a pen where the other end was curved
and I pressed the pen down onto the screen
and held it that way for about 10 mins
when I let go the screen had curved and become a dome screen
I tried putting the screen in with the curvature of the screen facing outwards but that didn't work as it kept slipping out
so then I took it out and put it back in with the curvature of the screen facing down towards the 4 holes
and then taking the same pen I pushed the dome of the screen back down
ohh wow am I happy I did that
now I am using slightly lesser herb :D
getting equally medicated :D
and ohh the oily buildup that's happening in my mouth piece is making my mouth water thinking about thinking about taking out all that oil.

i did drop my unit once on tarmac. one scratch near the battery door. the mouth piece was In the unit when it fell and no it did not break

Frank Reynolds

Does anyone know if the yellow LG batteries RBT sells for the Zion will work (and work well) in this? I've got 4 just sitting around waiting to be used and if I can use them in this I might have to grab one.

Edit: Found one on eBay for 129.99 shipped brand new. Couldn't pass that up.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@namasteIII
Battery life is about 4 sessions, but I don't push it. I swap out as soon as I see red. I've got 3 airs 12 batts, nitecore I4 charger and a external stock charger. Never run out, sessions are quite good (for me, better than any other vape). Take a look at the video I posted, and those are typical hits. Scroll up a few posts...

I had a Solo, great vape, but sold it because I use the AA all the time (in house, out of house, in bed reading, at desk, right now). I have an enano that now get zero use as well.

@Frank Reynolds
No good on those batts for AA

biohacker

For owners of both, does the air hit just as well (flavor, vapor quality) and as hard as the solo?

I've had 3 Airs and many Solos.... IME the Solo hits much harder. The best way I can explain it is like comparing a Crafty to a Mighty. That extra battery makes a BIG difference. I just returned an Air to exchange to another Solo because I use it mainly with gong for desktop use, but i'm also liking using the Solo dry with the Air mouthpieces (I kept a few of them).

The battery life indicator on the Air is pretty much useless IMO (like @OF said) and the Solo's is awesome and accurate. I also like the airflow on the Solo better, the battery life lasts twice as long, no managing/shuffling batteries that only last for a few sessions, and it feels more like a tank. Since the price is $40cdn cheaper, for me it's a no brainer but I don't have the ultra portable needs that the Air is great for.

I have vids comparing the Solo and Air up in both threads....identical loads, conditions, etc. So you can judge for yourself!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
So they won't work at all or will I just void my warranty?
I asked that question on the thread and was told those batts are too powerful for the AA and possibly dangerous. I'm not taking chances with Lithium Ion (explosive potential). Just be careful, they are little bombs.

The AA herb needs to be prepped differently than the Solo. Fine, fine grind, crispy critter, dome screen so the layer of herb isn't so thick. I get it to cook beyond what I can inhale. I'm blown away at how I can get it to perform, too much vapor.

That's not to say others are getting great result from Solo, mighty or enano. I can get a nano hit (ten or twenty of them) out of an AA, but only IF I prep perfectly (which isn't to hard to do) and pay attention while vaping (can't be walking around and expect to get the result). You really need to have breath control.

Last night I had a friend over who I'd given an AA to. I'm trying to teach her to get the results I get. She doesn't come close and resort to combusting. A might or crafty might kick ass for her because she doesn't have the patience to dry, grind, dry, grind, pack just right, figure out the temps for the strain, learn how to pull just right with lungs, mouth, tongue....

Last night she go wrecked on less than .05 shared with me.... of course, I kept going and knocked off about half a gram by the end of the night. :zzz:

So much vapor it could choke a horse, except it's cool, and ironically, the drier the herb, the less dryness I experience in my throat. Draw resistance is almost nil with the dome screen and and a nice clean stem.

Last edited:

TomC1315

Nice stem and battery holders: I was so glad when I found out that the matchstick cases that I bought for the 18650 batteries also accommodated the stems as well ... so I ordered another (in green for stealth)

For the batteries to fit well, I've placed an earplug in the bottom ... it stays put and provides a snug fit.

For the stems, they fit well as is ... the stem, with the end cap is almost a hair too tall to screw down the cap completely ... so I stop just short of tightening it to the max so as not to put pressure on the glass ... the lid stays in place .

Stems and batts won't move around inside and are secure.

http://www.amazon.com/-Survival-Technologies-Stormproof-Waterproof/dp/B00C6SHUPW/ref=dp_ob_title_sports

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CPTXF24?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
So they won't work at all or will I just void my warranty?

We had a guy in here that tested some batts some weeks ago... Just search for it. I think I reposted it some pages back.

The batts are goin to work - but I would not recommend using them for at least to reasons:

- void warranty of the air
- it's strongly recommend by RBT to only use the same pair of batts. You don't wanna have performance issues (think this is the best case) with your soon to come Zion. Get some extra ones only for the air...

Again, can not recommend using others than stock ones. Safety concerns might apply too - but can't comment on that myself.

OF

The battery indicator on the air is not useless and don't the solo and air have the same draw ressistance?

OK, not completely useless. But it's like covering the bottom half of your car's gas gauge with tape so you can't see where the needle is in that range. You can still tell the tank is less than half full, but when it comes time to figure out if you can make it home without running out of gas.........

Solo and Air might match in draw resistance, but you can control it in Solo by tipping the stem, impossible in Air due to the three (not single) seals. If you're a cloud chaser this is not a useful difference, but it you're a sipper (or MM user) it can be very nice to have control I think.

We had a guy in here that tested some batts some weeks ago... Just search for it. I think I reposted it some pages back.

We also have our very own CentiZen, Battery Guru. He did exhaustive testing and came to the conclusion that the factory battery was the best call. I agree with him, as do some of the other 'usual suspects' when it comes to stuff Nerd. He buys them in bulk from the maker (in the EU?) and sells them even cheaper than the ten bucks of the factory battery. He has a thread somewhere, breakfast is ready, perhaps someone can post it?

TIA

OF

Edit: OK, after breakfast, here's the straight poop from the man:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/oem-arizer-air-replacement-batteries.17329/

OF

Last edited:
It's the perfect road trip unit to have when vaporizer on the fly is needed.:2c::peace:

That's the exact metric I used when evaluating which vape to buy. I can't wait to take my first long trip with my Air as my sidekick.

Has anyone tried to attach a wrist strap to their Air? I'm likely going to vape a lot while I'm skiing this winter, and I want to minimize the risk of dropping my unit off a chairlift.

Top Bottom