OF

Does anyone know of a good, cheaper alternative to the Air Dual Battery Charger on arizer.com? $45 dollars seems expensive for a charger. Maybe if it came with two batteries it would be worth it, but it doesn't.

While there are some (often strongly expressed) opinions, I think nobody knows. Many think they do, evidently, but we've been specifically warned by Arizer not to substitute (either battery or charger) for undefined 'safety reasons'. It will also violate the warranty, although some expressed a willingness to ignore/not mention it should a problem develop.

Based on the photo, some 'experts' identified the charger as being 'a cheap $8 charger from China. Indeed there's reason to think that might be the case. Consider these two under ten dollar chargers from China, two 'peas in a pod'? Just like the one from Arizer?
k1v8WCJ.jpg

Even a very careful inspection fails to find any appearance differences. The line cords seem identical, molding details of the cases as well. It's only when you turn them over, a difference appears:
LL1zQxE.jpg

Notice a HUGE difference there? 4.2 Volts as opposed to 4.35 Volts in the case of the version with the sticker. Which do you suppose Arizer is really using? Perhaps even something different again?

Centizen and Pipes were looking into the charger/battery deal. I suspect they'll find that 'there's nothing special going on advice' so common is not solid. My guess is Air pushes the battery performance envelope past normal values. Selecting a battery and charging level suitable for the extended performance. Use of 'normal batteries' could lead to early damage/failure due to higher and lower discharge levels (remember, these are unprotected batteries). Likewise, I fear that the factory charger could be very hard on other 18650s not suitable to the over charge and use of a 'normal charger', while it would not hurt the factory battery probably, would lead to less run time?

For now the safest advice is, I think, to use the factory battery (a spare isn't all that expensive, reallly) and charge in the Air until we know more. Someone reporting the nameplate information from the factory charger would be most welcome.......

OF

Tab

Nerd
I use the Flashvape Stage 2 Battery and also the charger....The Battery are orignally from Panasonic ICR18650 .
Output: 4,2V = 400mA*2

Support guy in a online vapeshop in Ger say`s that I can charge my Air Batteries with the Flashvape stage 2 charger.
Thats why I`m ending up using also the Battery itself.

But I`m not sure, having my thought!

Last edited:
Tab,

hi_there

F-bomb with GonG attachment works with the AA? Is there a lower cost alternative that is still good?

What is the best way to keep particles out of your mouth with the AA?

hi_there,

jojo0420

Cloud Chaser
That looks cool as shit, but I'll bet the tubes are getting really close to that temp and maybe above it on the draw. It's not in the air path, so that's good. I guess the real question is what does it do if it gets too hot? Does it off-gas or get sticky?

So far I haven't noticed anything. It doesn't get soft or sticky. And I haven't detected any odor...
Testing is in progress.

It's hard work.

jojo0420

Cloud Chaser
F-bomb with GonG attachment works with the AA? Is there a lower cost alternative that is still good?

What is the best way to keep particles out of your mouth with the AA?

How about a PV GonG and a Pinnacle water tool (knock-off, from ebay):
imagejpg1_zps21e9129c.jpg

This is my second water tool, I believe the first one was authentic but it lost a quick fight to my granite counter top, this one most surely is a knockoff. Got it for $30 shipped.
Box was missing the i in Pinnacle.

Edit:
I just spoke to Sam at PIU, inquiring about spare batteries. They aren't expecting anymore till next month.

Last edited:

valence

... hey @valence , all you had to do was type that number into the search bar of DHGate. Doing that brings you to this, click here. They still have it. It's an extremely sturdy piece and multi-functional !!
Vape on.

Yea I did that a couple of times and nothing came up. Oh well maybe later. I went with the D020 for my first purchase since that seems to be highly recommended. I still haven't figured out what the -k, -w etc are on those though so I went with the regular one. Thanks!

hi_there

Got it for $30 shipped.

Where did you get it? How does it work compared to the original?

I decided to get this

D020 bubbler hand blown glass

I still need this though right?
PVHEGonG High Efficiency GonG
Which size do I get 18mm or 14mm to fit the AA?

hi_there,
Reactions: jojo0420

Justpassedu

Y
Got it for $30 shipped.

I decided to get this

D020 bubbler hand blown glass

I still need this though right?
PVHEGonG High Efficiency GonG
Which size do I get 18mm or 14mm to fit the AA?
You want a 18mm for the d20 and a 14mm if you go with the pwt. You can find the cheap pinnacle knockoffs on dhgate.com they come from China usualky take a few weeks. There's also some on eBay in the United states for around $30 , do a search you'll find them .

OF

Using a different battery charger may well void your Arizer warranty but why would you say anything considering the fact that you're being held 'by the warranty' to buy their very spendy charger? Seriously?

Why would I? Because that's the agreement I bought it under. I'm not forced to buy their charger, it works fine without it, an external charger is for my convenience.

Yes, seriously. I agreed to it, and value honesty. Each guy gets his on call on it I guess, but that's mine and why.

OF

hi_there

The 18mm or the 14mm are referring to the size of the water piece joint. Both will work with the Air.

So the 18 or 14 represents the size that will fit on to my water tool? Both will fit inside my AA? So I need the 18mm for the d20?

It says 14.5mm but a 14mm GonG will fit?

Found this
Pinnacle pro glass smoking water pipe VaporBLUNT Vaporizer Glass Vapor Genie
glass water percolator for vape joint size: 14.5MM

What is the size that fits into the AA?

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Pinnacle Pro tube style water tool takes the 14mm PVHE GonG the D020 bubbler takes the 18mm. They both work with the Air. They were made for the Solo. Go through Planetvape at the bottom of the FC pages.

jojo0420

Cloud Chaser
Got it for $30 shipped.

Ebay. It functions, more or less, as good as the original. The cuts aren't as smooth in the perks in this one. Original flowed a little smoother, but this one seems to do the job nearly as well.

The 18mm and 14mm they're referring to is what size your water takes. Both stems fit the Air.
Water tool is 14mm, D20 is 18mm. They are ground glass joints and are tapered, the opening is a little larger than the end. Most people list 14mm as 14.4 and 18mm as 18.8.
Get an 18mm GonG for the D20.

photobooth

I haven't actually been able to find any documentation that specifically says that a third party charger voids your Air warranty. There is a section that says "It is recommended to use Arizer Air Batteries and Arizer Air Chargers. Do not use any third-party or unknown brand batteries or chargers"

And then further down the page it says "The use of counterfeit and/or inferior quality batteries could greatly reduce runtime and output performance, damage your Arizer Air, constitute a safety hazard, and voids all warranties"

Which seems to suggest while a third-party charger is not recommended, it may not void the warranty. Has anyone found a specific instruction that says a third party charger will void the Air warranty? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

Last edited:

jojo0420

Cloud Chaser
So, where can I get an official Arizer spare battery that won't kill me to ship it?
Arizer wants $8 to ship a battery and a short stem.

Justpassedu

So, where can I get an official Arizer spare battery that won't kill me to ship it?
Arizer wants $8 to ship a battery and a short stem.
$8 is not bad at all considering it's coming from Canada , I just bought two short air stems and paid the $8 shipping. Battery is heavier also . It's the spot that's got them right now .

Justpassedu,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I haven't actually been able to find any documentation that specifically says that a third party charger voids your Air warranty. There is a section that says "It is recommended to use Arizer Air Batteries and Arizer Air Chargers. Do not use any third-party or unknown brand batteries or chargers"

And then further down the page it says "The use of counterfeit and/or inferior quality batteries could greatly reduce runtime and output performance, damage your Arizer Air, constitute a safety hazard, and voids all warranties"

Which seems to suggest while a third-party charger is not recommended, it may not void the warranty. Has anyone found a specific instruction that says a third party charger will void the Air warranty? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.
We could play the word game with them and likely win (one of those "one-off" cases or whatever) but if it came down to it they've probably got better lawyers than we do. I'd say stick with stock stuff, and I'd also say I wish every company was as easy to work with as Magic Flight about warranty stuff. I think the most important part is that the batteries are properly charged. I'm sure (or should I say I hope...) Arizer does a QC check on their chargers, but cheaper chargers might overcharge your batteries even after they're done charging. I know for a fact that a cheap 18650 charger that I was given from someone charged my batteries up as far as 4.27v (I checked with a multimeter) instead of 4.2v like it stated. That's pretty close to a .1v difference which is significant in this context, especially as it seems that the Air tries to get every bit of power from the battery. The new charger I have flips green at 4.20v on the dot and even after hours on the charger it doesn't go past. Like Carol said if you want authorized clarification you can get it straight from the horse's mouth.

photobooth

We could play the word game with them and likely win (one of those "one-off" cases or whatever) but if it came down to it they've probably got better lawyers than we do. I'd say stick with stock stuff, and I'd also say I wish every company was as easy to work with as Magic Flight about warranty stuff. I think the most important part is that the batteries are properly charged. I'm sure (or should I say I hope...) Arizer does a QC check on their chargers, but cheaper chargers might overcharge your batteries even after they're done charging. I know for a fact that a cheap 18650 charger that I was given from someone charged my batteries up as far as 4.27v (I checked with a multimeter) instead of 4.2v like it stated. That's pretty close to a .1v difference which is significant in this context, especially as it seems that the Air tries to get every bit of power from the battery. The new charger I have flips green at 4.20v on the dot and even after hours on the charger it doesn't go past. Like Carol said if you want authorized clarification you can get it straight from the horse's mouth.
I agree 100%, just wanted to point it out. I know I will personally be sticking with the stock batteries and charger for now

Top Bottom