Discontinued The 8 Herb Vaporizer for the Persei

mflblover

Will the clouds be way better on the 8 then the Mflb? Cause I'm all about my clouds hahaha and how much herb can I put in the bowl? .5? That would be crazy .5 of some fine grinded up herb on a good temp and can pack 7 of those!

mflblover,

2clicker

Observer
Guys, do we really need to go through this again? G has explained it a couple of times IIRC. The story starts in the dark ages when THC was trying to keep some control on how their carts were being used (in terms of voltage and so on), hence using a not too popular but standard threading used in the industry. They didn't pay a lot extra for custom threads. Good call or not, that was the idea. They didn't want guys blowing them up with high voltage and making claims. That has changed over time, of course, as such things often do. Between then and now we have a 'Grandfather' situation, they are protecting their existing customer base by keeping things 'downward compatible'. Their choice, I'm sure they're sharp enough to know the way it's done?

Upset as guys get when they can't easily use gear they bought for another use, imagine how they would feel if their stock of 601 thread carts would suddenly become obsolete? It's the difference between 'getting over' and getting screwed?

im pretty sure we all get it. but as this forum is known for doing, it provides feedback and the MFGs listen to the users (see TV and how the dart was born). im just saying it would be nice to have the option. nothing wrong with that IMO... even if it has been discussed multiple times. that just means its what the people want. giving the people what they want is a smart business decision in my books. also, i dont think trying to use their carts on other devices falls under the "use gear they bought for another use" category. its the same use, just different device.

if they chose m601 and now realize that maybe they should have used 510... whos fault is that? how would they feel if their 601 carts became obsolete...? probably not great, but again that was their decision. of which doesnt seem too popular. besides there are clearly enough Omi and Persei users out their to continue to buy the m601 carts if a 510 version was released. i dont see a problem there.

did they not know that users would start using their carts on other devices with a common adapter...? i would really hope so.

2clicker,
Reactions: zmurder
"common adapter".... That is all you need, what are you complaining about. I use a "common adapter" to put ecig atty's on... Should I go complain to them that I have to use an adaptor... No because I'm not using their cells and my adapter works perfectly fine at $3 a piece. I don't get it. This keeps coming up. It's getting old. On that note, I will no longer comment on this subject.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
or as someone who used KR808 batts which are the other most common style ecig battery that also pushes 3.7-4.2 volts and is half the size, should i be pissed that carts don't come in my threading?

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
guys im gonna make this simple, the 601 threading is part of our image right now and will always be, we cant leave thousands of people that have our units in the dust because a few people dont like to buy our units but like our cartridges and want to run other devices on it, then screw shit up, contact us to get customer service for issues that might be caused with some unit not made by us.

I am tired of reading about the thread issues. If i want to buy a BMW i buy a BMW not the wheels of a BMW and then slap it on a Honda civic. Then complain to BMW that their wheels dont fit a civic. Its simple guys, our cartridges are made for our devices thats not gonna change, we do have adapters for other cartridges to fit our devices and other companies have adapters for our cartridges to fit theirs. But stating that we should all flow in the same direction as others means individuality and creativity is gone.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Ok guys time for a update, we made a slight change to the heating chamber this will help us control the heat a little bit better, and it should extend the run time a bit before it shuts down at 15min to 20 min. We shall see. New prototype is under construction.

2clicker

Observer
or as someone who used KR808 batts which are the other most common style ecig battery that also pushes 3.7-4.2 volts and is half the size, should i be pissed that carts don't come in my threading?

nobody is pissed. i love how people formulate emotions for others on here. some just simply want to state what they would like to see. so what if it comes up a few times? if it comes up multiple times then that must mean something.

im tired of people taking this shit so personally. fuck this "discussion". sheesh

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
nobody is pissed. i love how people formulate emotions for others on here. some just simply want to state what they would like to see. so what if it comes up a few times? if it comes up multiple times then that must mean something.

im tired of people taking this shit so personally. fuck this "discussion". sheesh
exactly. nobody wanted to have it. THC, many others...

Guys, do we really need to go through this again? G has explained it a couple of times IIRC.
Upset as guys get when they can't easily use gear they bought for another use
OF

And thanks OF. Sick of hearing about 510 threads every second post too...

have said in different ways that they were tired of
"discussing" this as if it is a valid issue. even the guy who brought this up i believe
dropped it as a valid point
yeah sorry :/ lets just not talk about that shit anymore. its just threads...
but to add to the points being made i thought it important to point out that i was also an ecig user, had different threads, didn't feel the need to call them "janky" as others did, or "proprietary" as it has been repeatedly explained it isn't, or to call it bad business practice, just 'cuz you don't agree and a few others share your opinion. it isn't happening, THC has made that clear, again so no discussion needed, right? am sorry if my inference at your "pissed" or "irritation" or "entitled" attitude bothers you so much, but for someone who so solidly defends cheaper batteries as superior and complains about needing an adapter i would think you would just go use someone else's products and give it a rest.
p.s. did you watch the louis c.k. vid? that's how you sound

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

I hope you understand we engineer our equipment to work with our units.

Who is responsible if you use our herb cart on your own device fry the battery or cause an explosion and cause bodily injury to self because it is not designed to work with our attachment?

We actually thought things out, if it can go wrong it will go wrong. So for us to make our devices available to be used on other batteries that might not be safe opens a door to legal action i dont want to touch.

But since our devices are made for our attachments, and you go out of your way to make our attachments fit other devices? We are not responsible anymore. See where im going with this? Since we did not sell you the adapters we are not responsible for your issues.

So please you are welcome to go to the 200 other companies to get your 510 threads just to fit your needs. We will continue to engineer better and better attachments for our devices.

Made by real users for real herbal users. Real engineer at its best.

2clicker

Observer
but for someone who so solidly defends cheaper batteries as superior

all valid points.

except for the quoted part... huh?

wha-happen-copy.jpg

2clicker,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
So please you are welcome to go to the 200 other companies to get your 510 threads just to fit your needs. We will continue to engineer better and better attachments for our devices.

Made by real users for real herbal users. Real engineer at its best.
all valid points.
EDIT**
lol. thank you. don't really care if one point was a little too "extremely expressed", but thanks anyway.
once again notice that someone else also disagrees w/ you, but you are "discussing" my posts instead. arguing the emotional interpretation is semantics. i don't care about your personal emotional investment in the issue, i am using "pissed" to mean complaining, finding irritating, wanting their own way, etc.

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: Darb

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
we all contribute to it man. so anyway how 'bout that 8?
already they have made some adjustments to design.
we will wait for perfection!

Bob Loblaw,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
we all contribute to it man. so anyway how 'bout that 8?
already they have made some adjustments to design.
we will wait for perfection!

There is always adjustments, but this one was known, we are just changing some parts inside to control the heat issue.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
i heard it was only charring stuff a little. glad you don't take that as "good enough."
keep it up!

Bob Loblaw,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Ok guys, i have some bad news and i do mean bad news, tomorrow i will talk about it, but $100 mark is not possible.

this is a highly complex, engineered for perfection, all high grade materials and we can not meet the $100 mark even if our lives dependent on it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

Ok guys, i have some bad news and i do mean bad news, tomorrow i will talk about it, but $100 mark is not possible.

this is a highly complex, engineered for perfection, all high grade materials and we can not meet the $100 mark even if our lives dependent on it.

Thank you for not compromising the product to meet some arbitrary number, nice as low price is. Given the cost of the herbs I'm going to run through it having it right is so very much more important to me. Tell me it's going to cost me $500 and we need to talk some more before I will buy in, but if that's the cost of it, that's the cost. I don't doubt for a minute guys who buy Volcanoes think the product worthy of it's price.

Thanks again for doing what you do the way you do. It works. It's exactly this attitude that gave us the robust Omicron cart we are now pushing to exciting performance levels.....you clearly know what you're doing. Please keep it up?

"If you build it....".

OF

Top Bottom