• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The 8 Herb Vaporizer for the Persei

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
sounds great, and 7 bowls dosent sound like much, but when i think about it, i only go about 2-3 bowls a sesh with a load as small as the solo....and the solo battery only lasts about 3-4 2-3bowl sessions.... so thats a pretty damn good result considering how much smaller the 8 is!

Xchadb,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
@THC-
Hey bro, I am MASSIVELY impressed with this unit you have here and especially combined with The 8!! I am going to take the plunge soon, but in the meantime, which Omi carts should I buy to use with the 6V Thermovape? Also, are these threaded for 510? As soon as I get your answer I will order...

I have messed up my Revolution for the last time I hope...

Bluntcrush,

2clicker

Observer
id like to know if the 8 will be offered as a full kit as well as an upgrade to the persei...?

any word on this?

will you be selling the 8 as its own full kit? as in the 8 and the battery tube? for those who do not have a persei, but still want to use the 8.

2clicker,

ilovedoobies!

@THC-
Hey bro, I am MASSIVELY impressed with this unit you have here and especially combined with The 8!! I am going to take the plunge soon, but in the meantime, which Omi carts should I buy to use with the 6V Thermovape? Also, are these threaded for 510? As soon as I get your answer I will order...

Pretty sure these units are not 510 threaded

ilovedoobies!,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
@THC-

Unfortunately Omi carts use a janky proprietary thread pattern so you will have to buy an adapter from Mad Vapes or a similar website. The carts that you want if you decide to actually buy some are the 4 ohm version

JoeKickass

OF

It's not really "janky proprietary threading" it's just m301/601 threading, any correct e-cig adapter will work fine:
http://www.litecigusa.net/Smoore_Thread_Adaptor_p/smooreadapt.htm

Careful, isn't that 'backwards'? That is it's 601 male with 510 female. You can put a Dart on your Omicron or Persei with it, but can't put an Omicron cart on a normal 510 power supply. Right?

And this is the common one, D9 sells it (they make 601 stuff) as does TV (they make 510 stuff). Likewise One Love. Isn't that interesting? I find it so, I'm not sure what it means, but it's interesting. The only 'right' adapter to put Omicron carts on normal e-cig type 'batteries' is the one from Electronic-cigz, backordered for a month now?

Anyway, I almost bought several before I realized they were the "wrong kind", the kind easily found. I advise caution.

OF

OF,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
its not janky, just seems pointless? anyone care to explain the advatage of it over 510? if it was more common itd just make all things easier, if thiers adapters to convert everything....then why make the threads diff?

Xchadb,

JoeKickass

Careful, isn't that 'backwards'? That is it's 601 male with 510 female. You can put a Dart on your Omicron or Persei with it, but can't put an Omicron cart on a normal 510 power supply. Right?

And this is the common one, D9 sells it (they make 601 stuff) as does TV (they make 510 stuff). Likewise One Love. Isn't that interesting? I find it so, I'm not sure what it means, but it's interesting. The only 'right' adapter to put Omicron carts on normal e-cig type 'batteries' is the one from Electronic-cigz, backordered for a month now?

Anyway, I almost bought several before I realized they were the "wrong kind", the kind easily found. I advise caution.

OF

I haven't bought one, but the one I linked to specifically says it's for 601 batteries and 510 cartridges. Also if you look at the picture they give you the threading on the adapter is correct; fine on the inside, course on the outside.

JoeKickass,

JoeKickass

its not janky, just seems pointless? anyone care to explain the advatage of it over 510? if it was more common itd just make all things easier, if thiers adapters to convert everything....then why make the threads diff?

So more people buy their batteries? TBH it's nice not having to screw it around so many times too, but even if they did it soley to make money... they're a business with employees to pay, that's what they do. But I think it was a smart move, maybe even benevolent, because their batteries and warranty are just plain better, so the more people who use them the better the world will be. :peace:

JoeKickass,

2clicker

Observer
So more people buy their batteries? TBH it's nice not having to screw it around so many times too, but even if they did it soley to make money... they're a business with employees to pay, that's what they do. But I think it was a smart move, maybe even benevolent, because their batteries and warranty are just plain better, so the more people who use them the better the world will be. :peace:

still... it would be nice for the user to have the option of using any capable device without having to find and use an adapter.

i think they would have even more customers if they offered the carts in 510.

2clicker,

OF

I haven't bought one, but the one I linked to specifically says it's for 601 batteries and 510 cartridges. Also if you look at the picture they give you the threading on the adapter is correct; fine on the inside, course on the outside.

That would exactly be my point. It screws onto the Omicron threaded body (which nobody has) not the 510 e-cig body (which every does have). Then the 510 cart nobody wants can be threaded in but not the 601 thread Omicron cart folks are trying to use. Right?

I think what folks want it the other way around, very rare it seems?

still... it would be nice for the user to have the option of using any capable device without having to find and use an adapter.

i think they would have even more customers if they offered the carts in 510.

Guys, do we really need to go through this again? G has explained it a couple of times IIRC. The story starts in the dark ages when THC was trying to keep some control on how their carts were being used (in terms of voltage and so on), hence using a not too popular but standard threading used in the industry. They didn't pay a lot extra for custom threads. Good call or not, that was the idea. They didn't want guys blowing them up with high voltage and making claims. That has changed over time, of course, as such things often do. Between then and now we have a 'Grandfather' situation, they are protecting their existing customer base by keeping things 'downward compatible'. Their choice, I'm sure they're sharp enough to know the way it's done?

Upset as guys get when they can't easily use gear they bought for another use, imagine how they would feel if their stock of 601 thread carts would suddenly become obsolete? It's the difference between 'getting over' and getting screwed?

OF

Darb

I bought the REV and the same thing

1 - Burns your shit up fast

2 - leaking window

3 - The batteries last like 1o minutes

4 - messy as fuck

5 - SOLD THAT SHIT

I've put mine in storage. Just doesn't compare to the Persei.
The battery life was poor but those batteries work awesome in the Persei.
Last at least a full day of very heavy double top hitting(maybe more but I charge every night)

And thanks OF. Sick of hearing about 510 threads every second post too...

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
yeah sorry :\ lets just not talk about that shit anymore. its just threads...

Xchadb,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Unfortunately Omi carts use a janky proprietary thread pattern so you will have to buy an adapter from Mad Vapes or a similar website. The carts that you want if you decide to actually buy some are the 4 ohm version
Last question lest I anger the powers that be... :D
I bought the 510 adapter that Thermovape sells, could I use that with say an Atmos Rx batt? Or is it something else I need...

Bluntcrush,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
guys when we started in this industry we did not know the difference between 510, 601, 808 or a 901.
At that time the 808 901 510 and 601 where the common threads, 601 at last place. But as the years passed 510 became the main thread and now is the king.

The very first manufacturer we had did a 601 thread and 510 we selected a 601 thread. Then another company who shall remain nameless found out or manufacturer so we had to switch, but since we already had units out their and did not want to disturb previous clientele.

And here we are.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
ah shit! sorry i posted in the wrong thread too! i always get lost!

yeah thats the lava on 6v, about 1-2 second button presses

i also emptied out all the percs for extra chamber space! so yeah thats a solid tube of vapor :) it was very tasty and i was medicated for a WHILE

Xchadb,

OF

I bought the 510 adapter that Thermovape sells, could I use that with say an Atmos Rx batt? Or is it something else I need...

Sorry, I'm not quite sure I understand. I have a Thermovape 'universal' adapter. It can screw into my Atmos RX power supply. I can then screw a Dart (or any other 510 thread device like an e-cig cart) into that. So the RX is driving the Dart or Revolution. All that's needed aside from the RX and adapter is something to screw on and use. Is that it?

OF

OF,

wb21

THC- have any of your testers used an SSV? I want to know how the vapor compares.

wb21,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I'm curious about this as well.

currently the 8 will be a attachment for the Persei. But wait about 2 weeks and we will finalize it, we are still leaning towards having the 8 as a kit, but what happens now is we need the tops as a attachment, makes it a little bit crazier.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom