Discontinued The 8 Herb Vaporizer for the Persei

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
hi, im a medical user here in cali. but i do not like to use butane oil.. strictly bubble bag hash for me. someimes it is full melt, sometimes it just bubbles but doesnt melt. can i use this in the persei?

ive been doing many many several hours of research of all the different types of vapes (i currently use the glass vapor genie but im trying to remove the butane aspect, i am a vape only toker as of the past few years) and i think the persei 8 will be what im looking for as far as bubble hash and also dry herbs.

forgive me for saying so, not comparing the two at all, but i really like the look off the atmos raw, i want something that looks very inconspicuous, like i can walk around anywhere/everywhere not raising suspicion and take many many hits without having to reload constantly. will the 8 herb chamber fit this category also?

and will very small amounts of my bubble hash be ok in the persei as it is right now (while waiting for the 8 chamber).. i have some sour d bubble hash from last years outdoor harvest that melts, very similar to wax.

also is there a projected release date on the 8 chamber?

edit: also looking into the o-phos havent had a chance to do as much research on this one yet as the rest.. would this work for bubble hash? i like the look, its smaller and more discreet..

This is a great question but better directed at the crowd in the Persei vape thread. As for the 8 questions. To belief it can do bubble and dry. A few other concentrates as well. Exactly what isnt yet known. As it will be variable temp it can use different things...broad. Persei is a great unit. Very well functioning, the crew knows the science, they have the drive, it will continue to flourish. As for oil hating, Persei can use a variety of concentrates, and for future, flowers as well. BUT, anything that cannot melt fully cannot currently be used via Persei.

Now about the atmos. No hate, buttt... just read the persei thread. It explains why the units are as they are, and why they ARENT like the atmos. If you like the atmos look, go for the omicron with the universe attachment (to be released). Its smaller and does its function. Persei is the Poppa bear. Persei will get all the attachments. Maybe you will enjoy oils someday. And maybe someday someone will decide to do the gas chromatographic work on BHO and tell 100% whats in a normally prepared batch (meaning, proper without bells and whistles though) and clear any worries in many peoples minds. until then, they vape.

No one can truly tell what the 8 will be like, as it is getting a redesign. Even G may not know, and he knows all! But if you want discrete, go omicron and for flower get the universe attachment. OR Persei Matte black with the stealth SS upgrade with smaller battery tube and the 8 for the flowers and bubble.

Not ophos familiar. but cant be too different of the sorts. smaller. microscopic possibly.

Personal vote, Persei. Its got all the goods.

Porquiplane,

sidewing

i used to make what is now known as earwax like ten years ago.. me and a buddy would do it with pvc, and let it air dry for a month, stirring daily until it was completely dry and looked like peanut brittle. but smoking that every day for a month made my lungs hurt.

im researching it now, i found colibri butane which is supposed to be very very pure, im thinking maybe if i made some with this butane it might be pure enough to not adversely affect my health. or i was considering buying the bubble now system with the 8gallon bubble bags, and just pull all 8 bags (instead of leaving a few bags out like i do currently) and find the one that melts and use that in the omicron.

im not sold on the atmos, i dont like the cotton filter, or the potential for burning, plus their customer service seems to be no where near the level of the ladder.. so i was either going with the omicron or persei..

also i found while researching that using pvc pipe for butane extract is not good because pvc can cause contaminants also.

i found something called honey bee extractor.. its supposed to be space age plastic that doesnt release chemicals when exposed to butane.. so im felling more confident about some homemade wax again with these two.. but in the same boat, i know for a fact the same quality of hash can be obtained with a gentle stirring and good quality product from bubble bags with absolutely no risk of contaminants.. the bubble now system is supposed to ensure that this is achieved. i think the reason all my hash doesnt melt currently is i over-stir it..

thanks for the advice, im going to look into the omicron some more.. some people say they prefer v1 over v2.. what is your personal opinion? and how do you feel about the o-phos?

sidewing,

JoeKickass

strictly bubble bag hash for me... can i use this in the persei?

also looking into the o-phos havent had a chance to do as much research on this one yet as the rest.. would this work for bubble hash?
i think the reason all my hash doesnt melt currently is i over-stir it..?

I haven't seen a bubble hash that melts well enough to be used in the omicron carts, it needs to melt into clear liquid. If you're in cali I would suggest splurging on a really light colored wax or better yet a honeycomb wax, these will be purged (Exposed to vacuum so the butane boils out more than evaporation alone could achieve) at least once and often other purification steps are taken so the health impact is minor if any :2c:

OF

hi, im a medical user here in cali. but i do not like to use butane oil.. strictly bubble bag hash for me.

Howdy, welcome to the fun. Great folks, good information.

As others have said, nothing sort of super melt will do in Omicron/Persei. Bubble, no matter what size, has too much plant material, it will gum stuff up quickly.

The 8 prototype I tested is never going to pass for an e-cig if that's your thinking. It's on the huge end of things and has a big old display above the button. It will do bubble (or at least did in the version I tested) but it still needed some stirring to do a good job. Not at all easy to unscrew when hot. Universe may change all that, time will tell.

You might want to look into Revolution. It looks very much like an e-cig cart, fits on typical 'batteries' and will do bubble well. It does need to be stirred every few hits as well, but the window can make this fairly easy to do. Right now, it's my recommendation for portable bubble vaping.

On the Butane topic I understand there's a lot of concerns. The contamination issues are real, or at least potentially, but IMO perhaps overblown. For sure health concerns about the very very small amount of it left behind are not realistic IMO. Look it up, huffing the stuff is widespread, the most commonly abused gas in the UK in fact. I suspect guys are reacting to stuff extracted and concentrated from the weed, not the solvent used. I know this won't be popular, and I'm going to get a lot of 'that's not how it works for me' posts, but you can look it up. Stuff's just not that toxic. If it's not for you, it's not for you, but I don't think blaming the Butane is the answer.....

OF

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
or i was considering buying the bubble now system with the 8gallon bubble bags, and just pull all 8 bags (instead of leaving a few bags out like i do currently) and find the one that melts and use that in the omicron.
im not sold on the atmos, i dont like the cotton filter, or the potential for burning, plus their customer service seems to be no where near the level of the ladder.. so i was either going with the omicron or persei..

also i found while researching that using pvc pipe for butane extract is not good because pvc can cause contaminants also.

i found something called honey bee extractor.. its supposed to be space age plastic that doesnt release chemicals when exposed to butane.. so im felling more confident about some homemade wax again with these two.. but in the same boat, i know for a fact the same quality of hash can be obtained with a gentle stirring and good quality product from bubble bags with absolutely no risk of contaminants.. the bubble now system is supposed to ensure that this is achieved. i think the reason all my hash doesnt melt currently is i over-stir it..

First note, Think science or basics wise what you do with bubble bags. It isnt so much "extraction", more breakdown and pile up. The current cartridge DO NOT support physical plant material. it can be there, but i wont work, or may damage unit. So bubble will not work any way you put it. It is a funny form of Concentrates. It has plant material. Not so much "just what you want", like bho or other trates.

Second, yes pvc sucks for all sorts of crap. dont eat with it, dont wipe with it, dont smoke with it, dont shower with it, dont cook with it, and dont process your concentrates with it. EVER. period. there is 0 ZERO 0 reason to ever use pvc. No plastic, ever. Glass can shatter or pop/crack if it builds pressure during extraction, there is no arguing that either. Best with a 304 stainless steel. these are not suggestions either, as no one suggests to do anything at any time for any purpose, anywhere, with anyone. Period. But stainless steel is better.

And OF is right. the amount is small, the risk is low, people WILL say it effects them all different but so does anything. when Bob Bobbingtons eats an apple, he wont feel the same way you do when you eat one. Just a duh kind of thing. But some people claim adverse reactions, but that is because someone somewhere sucks at doing something they shouldnt be doing to begin with. Always safer working with yourself. and bubble can contaminate, mold, chlorine in water, sediments in the water, etc. yep, gonna be that guy. but its true. if butane straws are pulled, willing to pull that one too. BUT, is it gonna make you lose an arm? probably not. the PPM is probably very low as butanes evap point is low, around room temperature. so if theres 150 degree water, your set. think about it.

Now. Vote in, Persei. If you want smaller and less bells and whistles Omicron V2.5. go to delta9vapes for all their models. either one, preferably the persei.

+ 2 cents.

sidewing

the reason i think the butane hash messed up my lungs when i was younger was i used plain butane from the gas station.. nothing special.. i remember white powdery residue being in the pyrex dish afterwards. i think i am going to try it again.. im not a heavy smoker/vaper like i used to be, i take a couple of vape rips a day if that.. lately ive just been packing a bowl of bubble hash off the vapor genie and itll last me thru the week.. i want to do this with a ecig style.. in a restaurant or at the movie theatre.. or shopping at the store.. i like to medicate and walk around or have some sort of interaction.

oh and the reason i dont like to use extracts from collectives is i dont fully trust any medicinal product that someone else has done.. in my opinion anything someone dumps on the collective ultimately has cash motives on their mind.. ive been there, done it, and seen it.. i grow my own organic meds, and thats all i use.. ive had bad reactions with herb before that sent me to the emergency room and this product was from collectives.. not sure if it was some pesticide used or what. but i havent had any issues since growing my own organic meds, this was a few years ago.

so im leaning toward making my own butane extract again.. already got the list of supplies i need to make a new pipe (not using pvc this time around) and the source for my butane.. i wasnt going to mix it with alcohol to make oil though, just going to let it dry to a light amber peanut brittle looking product.. that should work just fine right? all butane extract ive ever made has melted cleanly. i assume this will be the same.

that being said.. if im getting a mobile device that i want to look nearly identical to an ecig that i can get A TON of quality drags (they dont need to be super fat chokers. just good solid rips) off a battery charge, and i can put like a half gram of butane hash into maximum (this should last me like a week the way i vape these days) what product would be best? omicron v2?

from these pictures here:
http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Pers...ron_v1_.28with_Revolution_LV.29.2C_Omicron_V2

the omicron v1 or the o-phos looks the best for what im looking for.. but what is the revolution exactly?

edit: as for the pipe to make it, i was going to use stainless steel turkey baster from bed bath beyond.

sidewing,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
look into purging techniques, you want to get as much butane out as you can.

The Revolution is a load as you go type oil vaporizer, you load a reasonable dab, some say about a BB size, hit it until it stops producing, then you load it again. Omicron holds quite a bit more at a time (up to a g ), but has it's own picky way of performing depending on the quality of oil you use. Both work quite well IMO

sidewing

im assuming you are referring to the thermovape revolution correct? i was getting confused because in the pic i posted above (link on previous post) the third device says its: Omicron v1 (with Revolution LV)... the v2 looks good, i just dont like how its black, then has a steel colored stem coming out of it..

i did start looking into purging techniques also im sure ill implement something..

sidewing,

OF

the omicron v1 or the o-phos looks the best for what im looking for.. but what is the revolution exactly?

Probably a real good call. With an adapter you can also power Omicron carts from other 'batteries'.

Revolution is a TV product:
http://thermovape.com/collections/all/revolution

It comes in LV (3.7 Volt) and SV (6.0 Volt) versions. It too (in LV) can be driven by (some) other batteries.

You might want to check out:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/thermovape-revolution-for-concentrates.4927/

Good gear as well. But, if you want 'lots of no brainer hits' BHO (or similar) and Omicron carts is probably the call. Revolution is more for purists with time on their hands, IMO.

im assuming you are referring to the thermovape revolution correct? i was getting confused because in the pic i posted above (link on previous post) the third device says its: Omicron v1 (with Revolution LV)... the v2 looks good, i just dont like how its black, then has a steel colored stem coming out of it..

Yes, that's it. In addition to being a 'funny color' for an e-cig, V2 is also pretty large, 4.5 inches before the cart.

OF

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
i want to do this with a ecig style.. in a restaurant or at the movie theatre.. or shopping at the store.. i like to medicate and walk around or have some sort of interaction.

i wasnt going to mix it with alcohol to make oil though, just going to let it dry to a light amber peanut brittle looking product...

that being said.. if im getting a mobile device that i want to look nearly identical to an ecig that i can get A TON of quality drags (they dont need to be super fat chokers. just good solid rips) off a battery charge, and i can put like a half gram of butane hash into maximum (this should last me like a week the way i vape these days) what product would be best? omicron v2?

from these pictures here:
http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Pers...ron_v1_.28with_Revolution_LV.29.2C_Omicron_V2

edit: as for the pipe to make it, i was going to use stainless steel turkey baster from bed bath beyond.

Ecig style go with omicron and wait for the universe chamber. solves all. get the bho and concentrate carts, then get the bubble and flower in the universe.

Never heard of mixing it with alcohol. do people do that???? is that what you are supposed to do to make it "oily" and less amber sticky? But understand what your saying. Yes that amber shit will melt fully. thats all thats been used here. ^But that was a real question seeking an answer.

baster may work, check the steel though. 304. but have heard of people using those. Off .5 you could easily use it 200+ hits if you only sip on it.

again, no ophos experience.

Porquiplane,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
i did start looking into purging techniques also im sure ill implement something..

no need to go overboard. 150 degree water bath is surely sufficent enough. Or vac pressure. But that is were itd be considered overkill, IMO.

Porquiplane,

sidewing

i think the mixing with alcohol is supposed to create actual oil.. like the stuff that i used to purchase in vials (maybe you know what im talking about) .. i think u mix your butane extract once the butane is gone with alcohol.. and let most or all of it evaporate, and it leaves it more as a liquidy oil.. ive never done it personally, ive just bought it, and had friends make it.. personally i prefer the straight butane extract that dries like peanut brittle.. its easier to handle..

yeah the 150 degree bath is what i was leaning toward, needed to research it some more though.

when does the universe come out? is there pics of it? what is it exactly if you dont mind me asking?

portquiplane if you dont mind could you post the links to the store of the stuff you mentioned please? you recommended the omicron v2 (i cant find the v1 on the store on delta8vapes), as far as the carts you mentioned (what i wanted links posted to)

would the thermovape revolution Low Voltage vaporizer cartridges for 54.99 or thermovape revolution vaporizer cartridges with universal adapter for 64.99 be the best bet? or just the standard theromvape revolution vape cartridges for 54.99?

and if i wanted to make it look as much like an ecig as possible.. would the revolution with the v2 accomplish this as well as the v1 looked in the picture link i posted previously?

im thinking the chrome omicron v2 would look good with the thermovape revolution.

sidewing,

sidewing

thc scientific i have some questions when you get a chance relating to the o-phos.. sort of curious why i cant hardly find any info on this.

i like the usb charger, because i can charge it in the car on my universal usb charger, or easily at home with my cell phone charger or laptop as well.. im curious why it was discontinued on the omicron v2 when it was there on the v1.

in the pictures i see, the cartridge doesnt have a mouthpiece like pictured on the rest.. is that because it doesnt have one, or it just isnt shown in the picture? id want an aluminum mouthpiece to match the chrome of the cartridge and the device itself.

how many hits does the battery last? im not a heavy duty toker i dont need super fat clouds. just regular sized hits.. id rather have a product that looks more discreet in a public setting than something that hits very fat.

is there smaller cartridges that might cut down on the overall length?

does it not come with a fill tool? if not how difficult is it to fill a cartridge without it?

and overall basically im just looking for as much into on the o-phos as you want to share, wondering what is different against say the v2 or the persei..

i noticed that the v2 has a seperate airway so the oil doesnt leak down.. is that a problem with the o-phos?

since the battery is internal, how much use can i get out of it before it needs to be replaced (im assuming that means buy a whole new device, or can the battery alone be replaced?)

i really like the look of the o-phos, its sleek and smaller than the v2, just wondering if theres anything i should be concerned about as far as choosing that over the v2.

i was curious also if the thermovape revolution dart would work with the o-phos? or if not if it would work with the v2? i believe your devices are 610 and theirs are 510 correct?

sorry for all the questions there is just so many options available its hard to decipher everything. i want to try my best to make the right decision the first time, dont have the money to get it wrong and buy something else. thanks.

oh also, if i was to use the revolution dart in one of your devices, does that mean id be using their heating element? is the device itself just the power source and the cartridge provides what heating element is being used?

sidewing,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I would love to answer it here, but please ask in the omicron thread. I dont want to sound like a dick and write all of this and not answer your questions, but i have no choice but to follow rules that are set on this forum, and ask the questions in the right threads.

Thanks for understanding.

thc scientific i have some questions when you get a chance relating to the o-phos.. sort of curious why i cant hardly find any info on this.

i like the usb charger, because i can charge it in the car on my universal usb charger, or easily at home with my cell phone charger or laptop as well.. im curious why it was discontinued on the omicron v2 when it was there on the v1.

in the pictures i see, the cartridge doesnt have a mouthpiece like pictured on the rest.. is that because it doesnt have one, or it just isnt shown in the picture? id want an aluminum mouthpiece to match the chrome of the cartridge and the device itself.

how many hits does the battery last? im not a heavy duty toker i dont need super fat clouds. just regular sized hits.. id rather have a product that looks more discreet in a public setting than something that hits very fat.

is there smaller cartridges that might cut down on the overall length?

does it not come with a fill tool? if not how difficult is it to fill a cartridge without it?

and overall basically im just looking for as much into on the o-phos as you want to share, wondering what is different against say the v2 or the persei..

i noticed that the v2 has a seperate airway so the oil doesnt leak down.. is that a problem with the o-phos?

since the battery is internal, how much use can i get out of it before it needs to be replaced (im assuming that means buy a whole new device, or can the battery alone be replaced?)

i really like the look of the o-phos, its sleek and smaller than the v2, just wondering if theres anything i should be concerned about as far as choosing that over the v2.

i was curious also if the thermovape revolution dart would work with the o-phos? or if not if it would work with the v2? i believe your devices are 610 and theirs are 510 correct?

sorry for all the questions there is just so many options available its hard to decipher everything. i want to try my best to make the right decision the first time, dont have the money to get it wrong and buy something else. thanks.

oh also, if i was to use the revolution dart in one of your devices, does that mean id be using their heating element? is the device itself just the power source and the cartridge provides what heating element is being used?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

JoeKickass

oh and the reason i dont like to use extracts from collectives is i dont fully trust any medicinal product that someone else has done.. in my opinion anything someone dumps on the collective ultimately has cash motives on their mind.. ive been there, done it, and seen it.. i grow my own organic meds, and thats all i use.. ive had bad reactions with herb before that sent me to the emergency room and this product was from collectives.. not sure if it was some pesticide used or what. but i havent had any issues since growing my own organic meds, this was a few years ago.

It's your call in the end, and if it's psychological maybe making your own is the only way to feel safe, but I've been consuming collective products for about a year now without problems (just renewed my rec, got 10% off at elemental :tup:)

Many dispensaries (such as Harborside or Elemental in San Jose or SPARC in San Francisco) test for things like pesticides and mold as well as for thc/cbd potency. If you tell them you are sensitive and ask for the cleanest high they have I'm sure they could set you up with something nice. Times are changin'!

sidewing

It's your call in the end, and if it's psychological maybe making your own is the only way to feel safe, but I've been consuming collective products for about a year now without problems (just renewed my rec, got 10% off at elemental :tup:)
Many dispensaries (such as Harborside or Elemental in San Jose or SPARC in San Francisco) test for things like pesticides and mold as well as for thc/cbd potency. If you tell them you are sensitive and ask for the cleanest high they have I'm sure they could set you up with something nice. Times are changin'!
thats true.. unfortunately where i live they dont have those strict standards.. and they closed the collectives here a few months back. 3 hour drive to the bay area. i feel safe about making my own after some good solid research.

sidewing,

sidewing

which tv revolution dart would i need if i decided to go with the o-phos? the LV? and which would i need if i decided to go with the omicron v2?

sidewing,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
both would use the same, lv.
the other is for persei 6v setting only

p.s. wrong thread. i know you are new, but this is the 8 thread
questions like these need to go in either the rev or omicron thread.
thanks

sidewing

First note, Think science or basics wise what you do with bubble bags. It isnt so much "extraction", more breakdown and pile up. The current cartridge DO NOT support physical plant material. it can be there, but i wont work, or may damage unit. So bubble will not work any way you put it. It is a funny form of Concentrates. It has plant material. Not so much "just what you want", like bho or other trates.

Second, yes pvc sucks for all sorts of crap. dont eat with it, dont wipe with it, dont smoke with it, dont shower with it, dont cook with it, and dont process your concentrates with it. EVER. period. there is 0 ZERO 0 reason to ever use pvc. No plastic, ever. Glass can shatter or pop/crack if it builds pressure during extraction, there is no arguing that either. Best with a 304 stainless steel. these are not suggestions either, as no one suggests to do anything at any time for any purpose, anywhere, with anyone. Period. But stainless steel is better.

And OF is right. the amount is small, the risk is low, people WILL say it effects them all different but so does anything. when Bob Bobbingtons eats an apple, he wont feel the same way you do when you eat one. Just a duh kind of thing. But some people claim adverse reactions, but that is because someone somewhere sucks at doing something they shouldnt be doing to begin with. Always safer working with yourself. and bubble can contaminate, mold, chlorine in water, sediments in the water, etc. yep, gonna be that guy. but its true. if butane straws are pulled, willing to pull that one too. BUT, is it gonna make you lose an arm? probably not. the PPM is probably very low as butanes evap point is low, around room temperature. so if theres 150 degree water, your set. think about it.

Now. Vote in, Persei. If you want smaller and less bells and whistles Omicron V2.5. go to delta9vapes for all their models. either one, preferably the persei.

+ 2 cents.
i was going to use the stainless steel turkey baster to make my pipe.. but i cant seem to find if its 304 stainless steel.. is there somewhere you recommend that i can get a 304 stainless steel pipe that i can use?

i was going to get this one..

http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-5898-Stainless-Steel-Baster/dp/B0000CFTOE/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_1

i think other people may be using that one, because under the category of other things people have bought that have purchased this item.. there is a couple different brands of high grade butane.

sidewing,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Guys the Universe should fix all issues with bubble, and also Nail Cart still working on that dont forget.

G, I've noticed that the Nail Cart hasn't gotten a thread of its own. How far away do you think we are from the release of the Nail Cart (or at least a limited test run for FC members)? Out of all of the things that you guys have been working on, that's the one that I'm absolutely jonesing for. I have a ton of friends who are waiting for it to drop before they purchase Omicrons.

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
i was going to use the stainless steel turkey baster to make my pipe.. but i cant seem to find if its 304 stainless steel.. is there somewhere you recommend that i can get a 304 stainless steel pipe that i can use?

i was going to get this one..

http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-5898-Stainless-Steel-Baster/dp/B0000CFTOE/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_1

i think other people may be using that one, because under the category of other things people have bought that have purchased this item.. there is a couple different brands of high grade butane.

BTW: Not to get too off topic on this thread but there is a concentrates section of this forum with threads on making your own etc. might get a lot more info from folks there....

http://fuckcombustion.com/forums/concentrates.22/?order=title

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Thank you ruf. Again, sidewing, please refer to the approriate thread. Just try searching a subject and then post in a thread your questions. Its alright, but off-topic posts clutter forums.

Question G. Could the 8, in its original design, be used with the standard persei top. Or only with a specific passthrough (like Iris, or other)?

Porquiplane,

OF

Question G. Could the 8, in its original design, be used with the standard persei top. Or only with a specific passthrough (like Iris, or other)?

Not G, but I did test the original for a while. You use the Persei bottom, the unit replaces the top. And since we tested before the passthrough was/is available, yes IMR batteries work fine. Or at least worked fine.

OF

Top Bottom