The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
Just my opinion, but I say yes they do vote. I say this because of the rise of the Tea Party. They were very, very, vocal and they voted.
As for my liberal bros and sisters, not so much. Unfortunately, apathy is prevalent among liberals for some reason. They say "Things need to change!". And, "That's not right!", but they're no where to be found when the poles open. If liberals put their words into action, I feel things would be different.

This is what I say about repubs/libertarians all the time. Funny how all sides get the same feeling.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
GOP is disavowing what Trump said about the judge that is involved in his Trump University case. Trump calling this man a Mexican even though this man was born in Indiana. He has Mexican heritage. That would be like calling Trump a German.

This judge has prosecuted members of the Mexican drug cartel. He has been on a cartel hit list. He's suppose to be a very honorable judge.

Last edited:

lwien

GOP is disavowing what Trump said about the judge that is involved in his Trump University case. Trump calling this man a Mexican even though this man was born in Indiana. He has Mexican heritage. That would be like calling Trump a German.

This judge has prosecuted members of the Mexican drug cartel. He has been on a cartel hit list. He's suppose to be a very honorable judge.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/05/politics/gop-fears-donald-trump-judge-attack/index.html
This WILL be the nail in the GOP's coffin. While I have no doubt that it won't affect his standing with his base, what he has successful done is totally alienate the Hispanic demographic and there is no way in hell that one can win the general election without the Hispanic vote.

CYA Donald. :wave:

grokit

well-worn member
Bernie Sanders blasted the hypocrisy of Trump supporters this weekend.

19197596204_4ff334fa15_b.jpg

Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders blasted supporters of presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump for their hypocrisy regarding the recent death of boxing legend Muhammad Ali.

As ABC News reports, Sanders acknowledged “the apparent irony of Donald Trump‘s tweet that paid tribute to Muhammad Ali” during a Saturday campaign event held at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.

At issue was a tweet Trump posted.

Trump posted a tweet earlier on Saturday that read: “Muhammad Ali is dead at 74! A truly great champion and a wonderful guy. He will be missed by all!”

Muhammad Ali is dead at 74! A truly great champion and a wonderful guy. He will be missed by all!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 4, 2016

Sanders spoke directly to Trump supporters who were also fans of Ali noting the hypocrisy of supporting Ali and Trump in light of his proposed ban on Muslim immigration and mosques along with a proposed registry for all followers of Islam.

“To all of our Donald Trump supporters who tell us that they love Muhammad Ali but say they hate Muslims – understand Ali was a devout Muslim that took his faith very seriously,” Sanders said.

ABC News elaborated on the hypocrisy of Trump’s tweet, noting that “The differences in opinion between Trump and Ali became apparent in December after two Islamic extremists killed 14 people in San Bernardino, Calif. Following the tragedy, Trump made his infamous Muslim ban proposal.”

Shortly afterwards, Trump made his initial declaration suggesting the USA shut its borders to Muslim immigration.

Ali issued a statement entitled “Presidential Candidates Proposing to Ban Muslim Immigration to the United States.”

Ali not only condemned the shootings, he also took an apparent stab at Trump, writing: “We as Muslims have to stand up to those who use Islam to advance their own personal agenda,” Ali wrote, adding: “They have alienated many from learning about Islam.”

http://samuel-warde.com/2016/06/bernie-blasts-hypocrite-trump-supporters/

Last edited:

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
2 Timothy 3:1-5

But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

Just my thoughts after being raised in a traditional Christian household.

CarolKing

I too was born with a Christian mother. She would be appalled by politics if she was still alive. A life long Democrat. Oh yes the Book of Revelations all about the Apocalypse.

Many things in the Bible didn't make sense. Loved many of the Bible stories reminding people to be kind to one another. There's a lot of hate too and some scary things especially in Revelations. Kinda frightening to a 10 year old.

I respect everyone's right to practice whatever religion. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone. I think long ago people needed something to believe in. To have laws in a primitive society. There may have been a real person named Jesus who was the beginnings of Christianity?

The Bible went through many revisions since the beginning. Many years before it was put into the standard King James Version as in book form. A lot was left out. Who chose what to keep in and what not to? its kinda fascinating.

Sorry off track.

Many evangelicals might think about that eventually after they take off their rose colored glasses about Trump. Regarding Trump and Relevations.:lol:

Edit
Religion helps people face death and loss. A belief that you will be with your loved ones again. There is something after death. I'm an agnostic more than an atheist. There might be something out there? We don't know. I had to add that.

Last edited:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
2 Timothy 3:1-5

Just my thoughts after being raised in a traditional Christian household.
It has always been thus, not just now... are we now better prepared to resist human nature??? Are we growing? Have we grown??? Who's got the real guts to make the change - to lead us to evolve?

Caveat Emptor: Intelligence and education do not preclude ignorance!

Last edited:

CarolKing

Dr. Ben Carson - what the hell is this guy on? I'm not a regular watcher of Fox News but I was curious what they were saying. He says one thing and says he means something else. He talks in circles and continues to stand beside Trump. He makes my head hurt. I was watching a snip it of the Kelly Files.

It sounded like he was saying something negative about Trump's stance on the judge. When asked about his statement he said no that's not what he meant. After he was finished talking I don't think me or Megyn Kelly knew what the hell he was talking about.:rockon:

Last edited:

lwien

Dr. Ben Carson - what the hell is this guy on? I'm not a regular watcher of Fox News but I was curious what they were saying. He says one thing and says he means something else. He talks in circles and continues to stand beside Trump. He makes my head hurt. I was watching a snip it of the Kelly Files.

It sounded like he was saying something negative about Trump's stance on the judge. When asked about his statement he said no that's not what he meant. After he was finished talking I don't think me or Megyn Kelly knew what the hell he was talking about.:rockon:

He really needs to take a t-break.

Last edited:

BD9

Story from the A.P. Donald Drumpf bribed A.G.s in Florida and Texas to not sue Trump U. leaving many to fight on their own to get refunds.

Florida's attorney general personally solicited a political contribution from Donald Trump around the same time her office deliberated joining an investigation of alleged fraud at Trump University and its affiliates

The new disclosure from Attorney General Pam Bondi's spokesman to The Associated Press on Monday provides additional details around the unusual circumstances of Trump's $25,000 donation to Bondi.

The money came from a Trump family foundation in apparent violation of rules surrounding political activities by charities. A political group backing Bondi's re-election, called And Justice for All, reported receiving the check Sept. 17, 2013 — four days after Bondi's office publicly announced she was considering joining a New York state probe of Trump University's activities, according to a 2013 report in the Orlando Sentinel.

After the check came in, Bondi's office nixed suing Trump, citing insufficient grounds to proceed.

His daughter, Ivanka Trump, also gave a $500 check to Bondi a week before her father's money came in, as well as another $25,000 to the Republican Party of Florida the following year.

All told, more than 20 people requested help from the Florida attorney general's office in obtaining refunds from Trump University and affiliates, with Bondi's predecessor receiving numerous other complaints about the seminar company Trump partnered with. Many of the Trump-related consumers alleged that they paid money for training materials and personalized instruction which were never delivered.
The documents complicate prior claims by Bondi's office that she received only one consumer complaint about Trump University at the time that she decided not to join the New York investigation.

Bondi was not the only GOP attorney general to shy away from suing Trump.

The Associated Press first reported last week that then-Texas Attorney Greg Abbott received $35,000 from Trump, three years after his office in 2010 dropped a proposed lawsuit over Trump U. Following AP's report, former Texas Deputy Chief of Consumer Protection John Owens said the case had been dropped for political reasons. He also made public a detailed internal summary of what he called his staff's strong case against Trump.

Both Bondi and Abbott have now endorsed Trump for president.

lwien

"Hillary Clinton clinches Democratic presidential nomination."
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/06/politics/hillary-clinton-nomination-2016/index.html

With the momentum that she know has, He's gonna have to literally blow her out of California to even get a minuscule of a chance to turn enough super delegates to make a difference.

How long do ya think it'll take Bernie to come around??

The GOP think that the only reason he's sticking around is that he's banking on an indictment.

Last edited:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
The GOP thinks it thinks, but it doesn't: despite the monkey show, it's the lizard-brain that rules the "Republican" party; while they're excellent at crafting actions designed to close the distance to what they want - and to then capture it - they are not in fact good at 'thinking', which is a ruminative process whereby we consider more than just the narrow goal of the moment.

In this way, Trumpkins ia a real Republican, no matter what his actual view on anything might be.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Part of me wants him to get in so that he can burn your political system to the ground, at the same time its a pretty worrying that so many people are willing to back him

I saw this earlier, this video cracks me up.

Worry not about the people backing Trump, but just idiots of all parties.

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: BD9

CarolKing

A bad president like Trump may end up devastating America socially, economically and our reputation in the world. Plus a war? You never know what's going to come out of this guy's mouth.

Trump's advocate Jeffrey Lord is batshit trying to rationalize Trumps attitude about Judge Curiel. How the Judge is racist? He's not doing Trump any favors on CNN.

Republicans in the House and Senate have elections in Nov. too. They better be careful or many will be out of jobs.

Michael Reagan, a son of former President Ronald Reagan, tweeted Monday that he won’t vote for Donald Trump and doesn’t think his late father would have supported the presumptive GOP nominee.

They can stop saying that Trump is like Ronald Reagan because Ronald Reagan was a nice man when he spoke to people and would never say racist things like Trump.

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
And replace it with what?
According to jefferson, this is of secondary concern; burn it down first :cool:

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure."

wiki.monticello.org/mediawiki/index.php/The_tree_of_liberty...%28Quotation%29
:sherlock:

Top Bottom