The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

gangababa

b8365c100ade013463be005056a9545d.gif

neverforget711

Maybe Trump Universary will be his downfall? He made only 5 million dollars because the economy tanked. Sounds like he was scamming folks that couldnt afford it. He is supposedly worth 10 billion dollars, what the hell is he doing?

Thats what the media needs to do is show faces and stories of folks that thought they were getting a legitimate course. Spending sometimes $35,000 and putting it on their credit cards. These people wanted to be rich like him and it didn't happen for them. Now they are out all this money. Show some major hardship stories how the mean and greedy Donald Trump stole their money.:evil:

Its no silver bullet but if they can make pieces like this to sum up as Scrooge McDuck that could go somewhere. But they did level the same wayvagainst Romney who yielded to those attacks. That is the exact opposite kind of damage control Trump the bullshit artist extraordinare will return with.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I think much of what allows Trump to continue his forward movement, even with his constant diarrhea of the mouth, is the laziness of his base and his ability to entertain them.

Hit him with Trump University - He bellows 'I didn't break the law and the political media is attacking me because they are dishonest, jealous and need to use me to make a living'. This kind of BS diffuses the actual event and unless his base takes the time to look up the facts he is not in jeopardy.

I think his base is too busy feeling sorry for themselves because they are 'losing their place in America' and are too lazy to do their own verification of the facts. The irony is now that Honey-Boo-Boo is cancelled and Trump isn't hosting reality shows anymore they have more time to do the homework.

Let's face it folks - anyone who can make snide remarks about Republican John Mccain's being a loser because of being a POW and GET AWAY WITH IT may be able to pull off just about anything. Maybe he used his deal making prowess when he sold his soul to the devil..... for the presidency.

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
Gary Johnson 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate Trump, he's a facist.

I hate Hilary, she's a Clinton.

Let's get away from this two-party nonsense and actually vote for someone with scruples.

P.S. I hate both candidates for more reasons than this, but this is the elevator-pitch version :worms:

yogoshio,

Gunky

Gary Johnson 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate Trump, he's a facist.

I hate Hilary, she's a Clinton.

Let's get away from this two-party nonsense and actually vote for someone with scruples.

P.S. I hate both candidates for more reasons than this, but this is the elevator-pitch version :worms:
Somebody with scruples, eh? So scrupulous he wants to reduce taxes on the wealthy still more, down to nothing. Just the recipe we need for reducing the gilded age inequality we are now experiencing. He's on board with a foreign policy of isolationism - just the ticket to prevent Putin and others from fucking everything up... You do realize these are like repubs on steroids, don't you? They love that idiot Ayn Rand. Makers and takers. The tax-free utopia wing of the repubs...

Last edited:
Gunky,

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
There is a fine line between isolationishm and non-interventionist, and his ideas fall into their own category.

Also, he wants to abolish the IRS and use sales taxes instead, actually bending the curve MUCH farther on high income levels.

yogoshio,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Hillary had an awesome speech today. One that I've been waiting to hear her say. She nailed it. Everything Trump's been saying came back to haunt him. Pretty much, do we want this lunatic with his finger on the button type speech. She needs to talk more like she did today but adding with more material.

I've been reading up on some of Trump's dealings with some of the women he's known over the years. Some inappropriate stuff with the beauty pageants. How he's speaks about women and how his dad treated women too.

The women don't like him, Muslims, Hispanics, blacks. The only people that like him are bigoted white men or the people that would vote republican no matter who was running.

Last edited:

Gunky

Not only was the speech very good on ticking off all the problems with Trump but the events of the day exemplified the differences between the two types of candidates: one well-prepared, disciplined, substantive, knowledgeable, coherent, utilizing reason; the other firing off angry tweets which mainly consisted of personal insults, lies, boasting and bigotry.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Thanks, @Gunky, I had only seen parts of it. Outstanding, and exactly what she needed to say.

Somehow we need to get the Bernie supporters to stop getting violent well after Trump has left his venues. They are playing right into him.

cybrguy,

grokit

well-worn member
Somehow we need to get the Bernie supporters to stop getting violent well after Trump has left his venues. They are playing right into him.
Wtf are you referring to? The throwing chairs was bs, and it was a clinton supporter that was arrested for assaulting a sanders supporter, not the other way around as I've already pointed out. Or are you parroting the trump campaign's lies about the sanders camp, which was a painfully obvious bucket of bs. Either is a shining example of why sanders supporters are hesitant to endorse a candidate that is only relevant because she is just a little less despised than trump, the (edit: link) two most hated presidential candidates ever.

Last edited:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Duhh, tell me something I don't know - Hillary's speech only proved what idiots we have in our society, obviously singing to her very own choir, spouting off all of the obvious Trump hideousness that everyone should already be super hip to ad nausium... how many fucking times does an idiot need to get hit in the head with a dumb-dumb brick? Trump has his idiot following, Hillary has hers. When Trump has nothing to say for 45 minutes, he says NOTHING for 45 minutes in grand moronic style. When Hillary has nothing new to add, she says NOTHING in grand booming Blah Blah Blah. Boring meaningless speech. Chucky and Chucky's wife - Trump & Hillary, a hideous pair made for each other.

Last edited:

His_Highness

@cybrguy - I did a little Google-Fu and they have no idea who the folks that attacked the Trump supporters are aligned with. Could have been Hillary supporters or Bernie supporters. Not sure why you immediately blamed the Bernie supporters. Do you have any facts to support the finger pointing?

I'm all about feeling the Bern but it never dawned on me to blame Hillary supporters for that stupidity.

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
Yeah but its not too late. If Gary Johnson stops either candidate from getting the 270 needed, it will keep either of the two main candidates from being elected, as it is guaranteed that the House won't elect either Hillary or Trump.

If he wins his home state and almost any two others, this happens.

The only reason he might not have hope is because everyone is so dam stuck on a two party system. If we took just half of the "No Hillary" camp and half of the "No Trump" camp, that's more than enough to keep either of them from the office.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Several of the reporter covering the rally in San Jose last night were asking protesters who they supported. After a few who wouldn't say, every one who answered said they were Bernie supporters. If you look at any of the film you will see a high percentage of folk wearing Bernie regalia. This isn't really a surprise, is it?
Yeah but its not too late. If Gary Johnson stops either candidate from getting the 270 needed, it will keep either of the two main candidates from being elected, as it is guaranteed that the House won't elect either Hillary or Trump.

If he wins his home state and almost any two others, this happens.
Nevermind that Johnson thinks that climate change is a hoax and doesn't want to do anything about it, and believes that there should be no minimum wage.

And if no candidate gets to 270, the House decides the President. Do you really want President Cruz or President Rubio? Maybe better than Trump, but STILL a disaster.

cybrguy,

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
For one, you really think it wouldn't be MUCH better with either one of those compared to Trump?

And secondly, there is no way it would be Cruz. Maybe, MAYBE Rubio, but definitely not Cruz.

yogoshio,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You have no idea what the House would do, other than to choose a republican. And the House LOVES Cruz. It is the Senate who hates him. And they don't get a vote.

And in further reading Johnson doesn't deny global climate change, he just doesn't want to try to stop it.
For one, you really think it wouldn't be MUCH better with either one of those compared to Trump?
A chimpanzee would be better than Trump. That doesn't mean I want one for POTUS

cybrguy,
Reactions: Gunky

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
It's not that he doesn't want to try, it's that he is leaving it up to states to do it. What a thought? Actually following the Constitution about what is actually allowed by a President!

But to be fair, he does have several proposals for environmental protection, but they are geared towards incentivising states and corps to do it themselves so we don't all have to foot the bill.

yogoshio,

His_Highness

Several of the reporter covering the rally in San Jose last night were asking protesters who they supported. After a few who wouldn't say, every one who answered said they were Bernie supporters. If you look at any of the film you will see a high percentage of folk wearing Bernie regalia. This isn't really a surprise, is it?

I must be missing the part where the above lays out a single fact that the Bernie supporters were the attackers.

I could also make an unsubstantiated point that the protesters who wouldn't say who they supported were for Hillary and were too ashamed to admit it. Every bit as true as your statement.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It's not that he doesn't want to try, it's that he is leaving it up to states to do it. What a thought? Actually following the Constitution about what is actually allowed by a President!

But to be fair, he does have several proposals for environmental protection, but they are geared towards incentivising states and corps to do it themselves so we don't all have to foot the bill.
Right, just like they are repairing their infrastructure and protecting their citizens from lead contamination and poisoning water sources like rivers and groundwater. Yeah, leaving everything up to the states is a GREAT idea. It is working out so well for us all so far.

There is a REASON for a federal govt, and its a good one. States just can not produce enough revenue for big projects. It's not possible.

cybrguy,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I must be missing the part where the above lays out a single fact that the Bernie supporters were the attackers.

I could also make an unsubstantiated point that the protesters who wouldn't say who they supported were for Hillary and were too ashamed to admit it. Every bit as true as your statement.
OK, I don't care who the protesters are, they need to stop. They are only making Trumps arguments look more reasonable. Protesting Trump is fine. Protesting violently or attacking/protesting the police at Trump rallies has to stop.

Gunky

It doesn't matter who did it; people making violent physical attacks on Trump supporters are very wrong and they are helping Trump by doing that.

All of that is so unneccessary anyway. All you have to do is lay out what Trump has said. As Clinton said in her foreign policy speech, his ideas are
not even really ideas, just a series of bizarre rants, personal feuds and outright lies.

Top Bottom