The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

lwien

Saw Van Jones on CNN get kinda emotional when he stated that his biggest concern with a Trump win is thinking about what he's gonna tell his kids around the breakfast table tomorrow morning and I have no doubt that there are many other mothers and fathers having the exact same concerns.

He called it a "white lash" against a changing country and I totally agree.

Lots of lost sleep goin' on tonight.

Last edited:

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
I hate to say it but we need to sort through the shit and see if Trump could have accidentally swallowed a diamond. One thing I know about Donald Trump is you don't know anything about Donald Trump. Who knows maybe he will shock with a dose of dignity, respect, and sanity? - please don't be too hard on me I'm just stoned. Maybe I will think about hiding under some rock later?

Hate to tell you but the electoral college vote is all that matters. Popular vote is something close losers use to tell their disappointed supporters how great they did.

:2c:
Having voted in 9 Presidential Elections (Including 2000) I'm well aware its the Electoral College vote that matters.

Crohnie,
Reactions: steama

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Saw Van Jones on CNN get kinda emotional when he stated that his biggest concern with a Trump win is thinking about what he's gonna tell his kids around the breakfast table tomorrow morning and I have no doubt that there are many other mothers and fathers having the exact same concerns.
And why is that? What have they told their kids that requires this kind of remorse? Involving kids in politics like this is repugnant to me. They should be allowed to be kids after all and formulate their own opinions as they mature.

HighSeasSailor

Saw Van Jones on CNN get kinda emotional when he stated that his biggest concern with a Trump win is thinking about what he's gonna tell his kids around the breakfast table tomorrow morning.

I feel like maybe I'm a bad man for finding it hilarious to imagine him explaining this to his kids like it's Hitler to a five year old.

Not even at Julliard would you find such over the top melodrama as Americans pour forth at election time. To hear all the talk of fascism and doomsday, I expect we'll all be in death camps by next Monday.

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I remember similar predictions of doomsday from the other side when Obama was first elected.

IMO this was as much a protest vote of no-show against the DNC as it was a vote of support for Trump. There was real anger for how hard Hillary has been pushed as the only possible Democratic candidate.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Now how will Trump handle his business and the Presidency with all the conflict of interest?

It's hard to shield the children from the election with all the ugliness as hard as we try. Even if we don't allow them to watch the news. All the inappropriate behavior really on display it's hard to hide it. A president should be a role model for children. Let's see if Trump is up to the task.

Not to say Hillary would have been the best role model but better than Trump IMO. She's not as much into name calling so that's one plus.

The new president will have a huge job on his hands.

The polls were screwed up.

This was a major insult to Obama. The man that called him illegitimate will be taking his old job. A sad day. Change isn't always good. What happens with preexisting conditions with healthcare? Some of us might be SOL.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
When I remember how crazy Trump acted during the debates, how could anybody vote for this idiot. Im sorry there are so many stupid people in America. It's not just Trump we have to deal with, it's the two idiot sons too. It's not a good prospect.

Wait until Trump gets into a shitstorm of a twitter fight with the president of North Korea or China.

I feel more sad for Obama than Hillary. More sad for America - really. More people agreed with Trump than not.

Last edited:

turk

turk
...the seeds of this election were planted many years ago...maybe the "geniuses" who plan , strategize these campaigns...who are soooo much smarter than the rest of us...will take a little time before they are driven away to their gated communities by their chauffeurs...to have some reflection .....but I doubt it...it'll be off...to the next election...

Last edited:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Clinton has called Trump and conceded the election. Its over.

fatlady.jpg

turk

turk
....been over....for some time...
...as Goldwater paved the way for Reagan...Reagan paved the way for trump...a reality tv star...who didn't pay taxes...

turk,
Reactions: grokit

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
Trump supporters can't all be stupid. I'm convinced he got some voters by the few policies they could dig up about him. It helped that he's changed so many times to have brought in people.

Like the Trump people who said he would legalize all drugs. That was from his pre-republican days. Let's see how it goes. I can't help but feel a sinking feeling in my stomach. All hail Herr Drumpf.

I would move to Canada, but someone has to be here 4 years later to piece it all together. I hope the alternatives blow up.

I just feel resigned to it now. Didn't want to know the news until tomorrow, but I stayed up late browsing and naturally came back here. Ah well. Fare thee well friends.

Remember to pick a horse early next time. My man Bernie woulda crushed it.

I don't think the DNC realized that all that republican support Bernie was pulling in wouldn't transfer to Hillary.

thisperson,
Reactions: grokit

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Watching Trump's acceptance speech is fucking surreal. He spoke impressively & used a lot of "our" terms rather than "me" terms & spoke of unity. Hollow as an easter egg but well spoken & hitting a lot of emotional points. Sickening, yet I feel less nauseous than I would seeing that smug chicken hawk basking in victory.

@CarolKing I was immediately reminded of this movie scene when it became clear Trump is president of the USA.

I hope things don't kick off too badly for America but there seems to be a lot of shocked & increasingly angry people. If I was one of the minorities that will be actively discriminated against I would be getting tooled up & ready for war as the new president has made it clear "I" am the enemy.

This was clearly a vote against Wall st & the corporations yet electing a businessman & average one at that? Fucking surreal indeed.

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Not that it makes any difference, but the popular vote is closing REALLY fast. I think we may have another split decision just like 2000 shaping up.

Time to trash the Electoral College!

Crohnie,

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Popular vote doesn't matter, and far too many close electoral states are tipped towards Trump for it to be an issue.

Once again, clever drawing of political districts allows for a large minority of white christian males to maintain their grip on society.... seemingly indefinitely at this point.

seaofgreens,
Top Bottom