The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

Tranquility

https://consumerist.com/2016/11/07/heres-where-voters-can-score-election-day-freebies-deals/

Krispy Kreme: Show up wearing your “I Voted” sticker at participating locations and you can get a free doughnut.

7-Eleven: Customers can get a $1 cup of coffee on Nov. 8 at participating locations — but you’ll have to access the deal through the 7Rewards app.

Chuck E. Cheese: Visitors can use coupon code #5253 or tell the cashier they voted and receive a free personal pizza with any pizza purchase.

Nestle Toll House Café: Get a free chocolate chip cookie at participating locations by showing your “I Voted” sticker or informing the cashier you voted already.

Great American Cookie Company: If you’re wearing an “I Voted” sticker you could leave with a free cookie at participating locations.

All About Burger: Hungry voters can get one free burger or chicken sandwichon Nov. 8.

Marco’s Pizza: Customers can get a voucher for a free medium one-topping pizza if they cast a vote online for Marco’s Pizza on Nov. 8.

Firehouse Subs: Get a free medium drink by wearing your “I Voted” sticker on Election Day.

California Tortilla: Free chips and guacamole are on offer with any purchase for customers who use the secret passwords, “I’m with queso!”; “Make queso great again!”; or, “I vote for queso!”

World of Beer: If you’re in need of a drink on Election Day, voters can get their first beer for only $1 on Tuesday.

Tijuana Flats: Customers wearing their “I Voted” sticker can get one free small side of guacamole on Nov. 8.

Schlotzksy’s: Buy one Mac (macaroni and cheese), get another free with the coupon code 4207 on Election Day.

YMCA: Parents can get free child care so they can go out and vote. Services vary by community so contact your local Y for details.

Gold’s Gym: Anyone who brings in a valid voter’s registration card or an “I Voted” sticker can work out for free on Nov. 8.​

Trypsy Summers

The piece that I've posted below is not said by me (per se) But it might as well be, as it accurately articulates what I feel in a concise manner! As I see it, one candidate is all about Constraint, whilst the other candidate is all about Restraint ...of my (read that as our) freedom, and I can't have that!

"And if you participate in that — in a system that enslaves me and those I care about — you make yourself my political enemy. Every time you give support to that system by voting or teaching others to do the same, you are strengthening a system which is evil.

Some people make the mistake of believing the political system is evil only because of what it does and because of the evil people who end up in charge. They believe that “good people” can change things by taking control. But that misses the moral point.

The problem isn’t which policies politicians pursue — as distasteful as those can be — but rather the problem is that any group of politicians has the power to decide anything about your life.

Anything.

It doesn’t matter how you justify what you want to do to me."

Not saying, Just saying, Whilst saying, (very loudly) - 'WAKE THE FUCK UP'!!

Pure Peace :leaf:

Last edited:

gangababa

If our political choice is between constraining and restraining visions, I vote for the pro rather than the con! We restrain our children from running into the streets; a very progressive thing to do.

Not voting proves being brain-washed by the "it is rigged" regressive, conservative , fact-free, fakirs (sic) of falsehoods.

Claiming to be free of the game by a choice of not voting rather than the choice of voting is bad thinking.
Not voting proves still being "trapped in the game" by misunderstanding what freedom actually is, and shows that one is still trapped in ego.

Gandhi demonstrated a truth known to too few; one can be restrained, constrained, jailed and locked up, and still be more free (in ultimate sense) than the warden (who is also trapped by the jail).

The political system can be wrongly steered by the few, only when the many drop out, don't vote, and thus become the cause of the problem, they claim to be solving. Sad!

I will close with this sharing.
Today the willing citizens of the United States of America vote.
Voting happens often in our democracy, at all levels, from city council to seating a President.

Only at one level does the USA define itself as a Nation, and that is the choice of POTUS.
The election of the President of the United States, no matter how spun out of shape by the (slave states demanded)
Electoral College, represents the voting will of the corporate American.
The corporate American is created by the cooperation of all participating natural persons.
The corporate American reflects us-all and can't reflect only part a part of the common humanity we own
I see no possible way in fact or fantasy for that US_American to be a mean, miserable, nasty, angry, obnoxious, violent, not polite citizens. Are we really lacking humanity?
I know I won't vote for that vision, that direction.

We think we are making choices between people or parties or policies or even visions, but that is wrong.
We are making choices between progressing or regressing; building bridges or building walls.

The USA was not born on the basis of blood lines.
The USA was born on the basis of an idea, the idea of Democracy.
The vision of what that meant, means has changed over time.
The vision of who was worthy of Democracy has widened.
One no longer need be a property owner.
African Americans are no longer 4/5th person and, since the Voting Rights Act, are worthy.
99 years ago (11/14/17) women suffragetes were beaten .
The trajectory of Democracy in the USA is toward inclusion, not rejection.
The Founding Fathers were immigrants.

We call our selves Americans but that is wrong. Doing so, when America is actually everything between Tierra Del Fuego and Wasilla, . shows Trump Tower heights of vanity.
I try hard to avoid being an ugly American (but I read online essay spin today demonstrating Trump's ugly-americanism.

So I prefer to call myself an estadounidense, or USA-al.

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
The piece that I've posted below is not said by me (per se) But it might as well as at it accurately articulates what I feel in a concise manner! As I see it, one candidate is all about Constraint, whilst the other candidate is all about Restraint ...of my (read that as our) freedom, and I can't have that!

"And if you participate in that — in a system that enslaves me and those I care about — you make yourself my political enemy. Every time you give support to that system by voting or teaching others to do the same, you are strengthening a system which is evil.

Some people make the mistake of believing the political system is evil only because of what it does and because of the evil people who end up in charge. They believe that “good people” can change things by taking control. But that misses the moral point.

The problem isn’t which policies politicians pursue — as distasteful as those can be — but rather the problem is that any group of politicians has the power to decide anything about your life.

Anything.

It doesn’t matter how you justify what you want to do to me."

Not saying, Just saying, Whilst saying, (very loudly) - 'WAKE THE FUCK UP'!!

Even religions have basic tenets that must be adhered. Since we've been around and have formed social compacts there has been a taboo thing to do that would ostracize you from the group. Government just codifies it into law.

I would prefer a simple ten commandments approach to be honest but to suggest that all laws should not be relevant because they were made by a politician is just absurd. Laws are made for the reason that they are assumed to be the best practice for preventing damage or harm. You're seeing a few bad apples make deals for their corporate buddies and wanting to throw out basic safeties of society, it appears to me.

I liked Mitt Romney's plan of repealing all tax subsidies.

Trypsy Summers

"Many of those who honestly want to make the world a better place — those who truly want fairness, morality and justice — believe they can do so by having politicians pass regulations to bring about what they want. But they miss the point that by creating and supporting a government with the power to enforce their views on others, they have made the world they want impossible.

You cannot legislate your way to a world of fairness, morality and justice. The best you can do is to be fair, moral and just in your own life — and teach others to voluntarily choose the same values and choices. A world in which you forcibly impose your standards on otherwise-peaceful people is inherently unfair, immoral and unjust.

So to everyone who believes that his political hero would bring freedom to Americans — whether you’re a Democrat, a Republican, a Libertarian or even a Green — I have some questions for you.

What happens if I disobey your “enlightened” politician?

What happens when I decline to give him my money?

What happens when I refuse to obey the rules he gives me about how I’m allowed to interact with others?

What happens when I refuse to recognize that he has any authority over me?

If I can ignore your chosen politician and his rules — if I can decide how I want to voluntarily interact with others as we please — then I don’t mind if you have elections and wave your political signs. But if your political hero claims the right to force me to obey him, he is my enemy.

If you help to give him power — if you vote or encourage people to vote, which props up the system that gives him power — you become my political enemy. I will still love you and I will still like many of you. You’ll still be my personal friends.

But if you are doing that, what you are doing is immoral. You are the problem, because you are helping to perpetuate an evil system which can never be moral, fair or just — a system which can never bring about the world free people deserve".

I personally aspire/adhere to the Golden Rule; Hurt no one or cause no loss, other than that, you're 'Free' to live how you like! I don't need no re-presentative/poilitician to do that!

Just saying, without saying, - but still not saying!!

Just wake the fuck up!

PS; As for Brexit; just take a look, take a good look at how they do the sheeple - who think (ironically) that they're free, course they are, the fucking fools!!

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
@Trypsy Summers - while I agree with the underlying foundation you speak to there has to be laws and guidelines that a society adhere's to.

- You will hurt no one or cause no loss .... doesn't someone have to decide what 'hurt' is? You may think you aren't hurting someone by your definition while someone else may feel what you did/do is hurtful. Whose definition do we go with? Yours or the majority?

- Even if I take it for granted that you will hurt no one or cause no loss who will govern those who will/do hurt someone or cause a loss and protect the majority from them?

Tranquility

mod note: Edited to remove off topic content

And, for a little CYA candidate talking: ( https://thelibertyzone.us/2016/11/08/an-open-letter-to-the-candidates/ )
By the end of this day, one of you will have “won” the prize – the most important, challenging job in the entire world. By the end of this day, one of you will have bullied, cheated, cajoled, lied, and attacked more than the other to convince the plurality of this nation that you are less unfit to be President than your opponent.

Every report I hear and see indicates that voter participation is higher than usual. People are lining up and waiting hours to cast their vote. And yet, from what I’m hearing, no one is excited about either one of you. The majority of people are merely excited to ensure that one of you is kept as far away from the White House as possible.

This is what we have become.
Fight the real danger!

RgOPdEE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jay87

I'm a Michigan resident who voted today and from everything I've seen and heard is basically summed up as: "Holy crap, we've never seen this many people voting here before."

Just based off of my personal observations I'd say there was a lot of people voting Hillary; I will say though the Trump supporters around here are extremely loud for their numbers.

Just based on the sheer number of people I expect to be voting in Michigan, I'm quite confident our electoral votes will be going to Hillary.

We'll see very soon if I'm right though, I feel like a massive weight has been lifted from my shoulders and now I'm ready to watch the show. :popcorn:

lwien

In that vid, which was overall pretty funny, it had a serious part where they were referencing the rise of the Nazi party by singing the following....:

“They had an authoritarian political outsider stoking xenophobia in a nation where the poor felt marginalized and blaming complex problems on scapegoated minorities“

...really strikes a bell with me. I’m Jewish and I remember when I was a little kid during Thanksgiving dinners, seeing relatives who had numbers tattooed on the inside of their forearms put their by their captors in the concentration camps.

That quote above from that song can, at least to me, be very clearly seen and heard in the speeches that Trump delivers to his followers and the fact that his followers either agree with him or refuse to see the parallels scares the shit outta me.

Last edited:

Baron23

WRT to Republican gerrymandering....I live in Maryland. Please look at the congressional districts there....look at District 8 (hint, its the one that looks like the Rorschach test image that looks like a squished pterodactyl). I also remember the wording of the extraordinarily misleading, to the point of fraud, of the referendum item that cemented this gerrymandering. You needed a Phd in Logic and be able to diagram sentences to understand its true meaning.

Oh, I forgot to add....Maryland's gerrymandering and almost fraudulent referendum in support of it, was brought to us by Martin F (for fucking asshole) O'Malley and the Maryland Democratic political machine :cuss:

Baron23,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
The Trump/Pence signs started to magically appear last night...like a fungus they just started sprouting in my development. Hardly any Hillary signs but that's to be expected in a repub stronghold like mine is. It was kinda weird because the Trump lawn signs have been 2 in the whole development up until yesterday evening when they started sprouting up. I'm not worried though...I think either one person put out a new one and emboldened the others or they just waited till they felt it wasn't likely they'd be vandalized or stolen.

Almost over!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
James Carvelle says if Hillary loses Virginia she probably will lose the election. I love James Carvelle even though he's quirky and goofy. He's a unique individual. Democrats are kinda down right now. Not that I'm whining but that FBI BS for 10 days was very hard on Hillary's chances. Her momentum slowed way down after that.

Top Bottom