TC Box Mods Firmware Discussions and Customizing

HerbieVonVapster

Could be a start but really tuning PI(D) coefficients is almost an art... There are some methods / recipes though. But it ain't easy in all cases!

Kinda what gather from reading about it kinda got to point little overwhelmed by that setting. Going need go back reread some of it when not so tired. So basically no easy cheat sheet on this setting :)

Doesn't help the arctic fox on a mac is tad buggy. I'm liking the p80 be nice thou least try out FJ software.

HerbieVonVapster

I've been running sur_myevic on my RX GEN 3 for a couple of days now, nice firmware! It has auto fire mode (like FJ's cruise). Increase Prot. time under Menu > Vaping then enable AutoFi and increase ATime. A longer press of fire activates.

Thanks just downloaded it to my wismec sinuous 80. What software are you using to make changes on the Mod?

HerbieVonVapster,

HerbieVonVapster

I've just been making changes on the mod, not sure if there is software like that. FWUpdater in VTCFont lets you monitor at least

Thanks that's what I'm currently doing. Thought might be something like AF configuration software. Funny the AF monitor works but that doesn't.

So far I'm liking it. Seems do most stuff that AF does and add's cruise control. Thought I never use the led side lights with this mod but now its a visual reminder the mods on. Sadly I lost the ability of led monitoring battery. It use to go green full yellow half red at 20%. Now seems just choice of color.

Does look like software designer is very active on updating this firmware. So might shoot him a msg. I need research first like to find what mods this will run. Since newer device aren't supported in FJ firmware this be a good option for us.

HerbieVonVapster,
Reactions: SavageCore

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I need research first like to find what mods this will run. Since newer device aren't supported in FJ firmware this be a good option for us.
This is on their page...
Compatible hardwares
  • Joyetech
    • eVic VTC Mini
    • eVic VTC Dual
    • eVic VTwo Mini
    • eVic VTwo
    • eVic AIO
    • eVic Basic
    • eGrip II / Light
    • Cuboid
    • Cuboid Mini
    • Cuboid 200
    • Evic Primo v1 / v2
    • Evic Primo mini
    • Evic Primo SE
  • Wismec
    • Presa TC75W
    • Presa TC100W
    • Reuleaux RX75
    • Reuleaux RX200S
    • Reuleaux RX2/3
    • Reuleaux RXmini
    • Reuleaux RX300
    • Sinuous (Predator) 228W
    • Reuleaux RX Gen3
    • Reuleaux RX Gen3 Dual
    • RX2 20700
    • Sinuous P80
    • Sinuous FJ200
  • Eleaf

• Invoke

• iKuu i200

• Others
    • Vaponaute La Petite Box

I may try this out too. I like AFs Wattage mode better than FJs so I have gone back to AF.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Is there a manual for it? I kept accidentally getting in the games and couldn't get out. I'm not very good at surfing mod menus for some reason...

I did get caught in a little tetris... ;)

cybrguy,

HerbieVonVapster

I got my lost vape dna250c and setting it up. Need to mess around more with settings read up some more.

Close to memory limited on current build so only suggest user of DNA250c use this version. Will remove things like power bank for a dna75 version if someone request it.
PM me or request it here.

Since i'm running a lv paranormal 250c went with a spooky ghosts start screen :) 2nd is main screen but it's getting cluttered. Hey it's my first one so give me a break. They will only get better as time pass. It's with the other fcshare files over on escribe site.
wiscw5.png
10ws77m.jpg

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Thanks @Summer :lol::lol::lol:

Has anyone had success getting FJ firmware on a RX 300 generation 3??? I tried it on my MAC and a friends PC and I was getting a message that said 'check hardware version'

There is no Nfirmware editor for mac...but is there anything equivalent?

(After this I'm going to read through as much of the thread as I can before I fall asleep...my little ones first day of kindergarten is tomorrow)

HerbieVonVapster

Has anyone had success getting FJ firmware on a RX 300 generation 3??? I tried it on my MAC and a friends PC and I was getting a message that said 'check hardware version'

There is no Nfirmware editor for mac...but is there anything equivalent?

(After this I'm going to read through as much of the thread as I can before I fall asleep...my little ones first day of kindergarten is tomorrow)

Hate be bearer of bad news but don't think your device is supported by FJ firmware. Arctic Fox is an option you can use the file in link below it's stempodAF.

I suggest trying Arctic Fox if new to mods. It has the best manuals and support. Also comes with the device monitior. Best firmware to learn on since has computer support to make and test changes.

Once have understanding of settings then can install sur_evic SME for cruise etc.

You can load sur_evic on it.
https://github.com/MicroSur/sur_myevic

There's a mac version on Arctic Fox site you can use flash device.
https://nfeteam.org/forum/forums/nfe-tools-crossplatform/

FCSHARE UPDATE

The Sur_Evic SME is done just need figure way to share it.
With the sur_evic firmware I still haven't figured out how make a back up yet.
I might just need make a sur_evic guild unless anyone know how backup and share this firmware?

Rest of my downloads including a new DNA FCSHARE3.0 for DNA75 and DNA250 files are in link below. DNA75-250 is my final version has stempod iheat splinter profiles.

There's also listed in details area the following files.
stempodAF file for use with Arctic Fox
DNA250C is only for the 250c devices due to memory use in that build. It's still a work in progress. Includes Splinter, Stempod and iheat profiles
DNA75C Similar to above but for the DNA75c.

For stempod users I am having some problems getting TC working as expected with these new clapton coils. So for now it's using a TCR value of 215 instead. Can try switching to 316L if it's not working. Going try new set coils in mine and figure out whats wrong.

Once you have the settings from these files. You can change the theme to suit your own personal taste.
I used the above themes but also like some others. Just wanted to get out some working settings. The themes themselves are more a personal choice.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/567-fcshare/

Last edited:

virtualpurple

Hate be bearer of bad news but don't think your device is supported by FJ firmware. Arctic Fox is an option you can use the file in link below it's stempodAF.

I suggest trying Arctic Fox if new to mods. It has the best manuals and support. Also comes with the device monitior. Best firmware to learn on since has computer support to make and test changes.

Once have understanding of settings then can install sur_evic SME for cruise etc.

You can load sur_evic on it.
https://github.com/MicroSur/sur_myevic

There's a mac version on Arctic Fox site you can use flash device.
https://nfeteam.org/forum/forums/nfe-tools-crossplatform/

FCSHARE UPDATE

The Sur_Evic SME is done just need figure way to share it.
With the sur_evic firmware I still haven't figured out how make a back up yet.
I might just need make a sur_evic guild unless anyone know how backup and share this firmware?

Rest of my downloads including a new DNA FCSHARE3.0 for DNA75 and DNA250 files are in link below. DNA75-250 is my final version has stempod iheat splinter profiles.

There's also listed in details area the following files.
stempodAF file for use with Arctic Fox
DNA250C is only for the 250c devices due to memory use in that build. It's still a work in progress. Includes Splinter, Stempod and iheat profiles
DNA75C Similar to above but for the DNA75c.

For stempod users I am having some problems getting TC working as expected with these new clapton coils. So for now it's using a TCR value of 215 instead. Can try switching to 316L if it's not working. Going try new set coils in mine and figure out whats wrong.

Once you have the settings from these files. You can change the theme to suit your own personal taste.
I used the above themes but also like some others. Just wanted to get out some working settings. The themes themselves are more a personal choice.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/567-fcshare/

I don’t have any relevant modbox to apply these to but I wanted to state that I wish I could like this more than once because you are fucking awesome for putting all that together!

If anyone can recommend a solid dna 75 box that won’t break the bank I would love the guidance! I plan to use it with The Project, Splinter-z at some point, and the modpod at some point along with whatever else I can find! I need to try and read back on the thread because I’m not sure that I understand the benefits or drawbacks between dna 75 and dna 250 for our uses.

I think I’d prefer a mod that houses at least 2 batteries. I love my tubo and funkyjunky software but I don’t love how quickly I was crushing my batteries and having to swap for a fresh set.

Off to dig in again!

HerbieVonVapster

I don’t have any relevant modbox to apply these to but I wanted to state that I wish I could like this more than once because you are fucking awesome for putting all that together!

If anyone can recommend a solid dna 75 box that won’t break the bank I would love the guidance! I plan to use it with The Project, Splinter-z at some point, and the modpod at some point along with whatever else I can find! I need to try and read back on the thread because I’m not sure that I understand the benefits or drawbacks between dna 75 and dna 250 for our uses.

I think I’d prefer a mod that houses at least 2 batteries. I love my tubo and funkyjunky software but I don’t love how quickly I was crushing my batteries and having to swap for a fresh set.

Off to dig in again!

Well thank you for the kinda words. Can start by checking out some of the mods in this linked thread below.
I think unless you find a killer deal you be better looking into a DNA75C or better yet the DNA250c.

The DNA250C offer 97% power efficiency. Compared to 85% on the DNA75c. Right there was enough reason imho to choice the 250c.

The color chips also offer more setting and feature over the non color chips. You have replay and boost with newer chip. It is much easier now to make changes to the settings on the mod. Instead of just on escribe like the non color DNA. The 250c also offers a power bank feature. A larger Color screen DNA newest chips so will be supported for a long time. I'm sure there's some other pluses I'm forgetting.

A few of us jumped on the lost vape paranormal deal in link below.
$99.00 for a DNA250c is best deal going I have found. It's also a USA company and they shipped mine fast. Ordered on a Sunday had it Weds Morning. (I did pay 7 bucks extra for priority mail)

I also like my wismec DNA250 it's not a color DNA chip but personally find the splinter and iheat look great on it. Looks better in person than pictures.

Others DNA'S that caught my eye are the Hcigar VT75D DNA75c.
Vapman steam engine DNA75
Lost vape trindad DNA250c

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/w...ing-for-on-demand-convection-510-vapes.25465/

HerbieVonVapster

But on the other hand the color DNA's use a very power hungry TFT screen as opposed to a much lighter OLED screen in the earlier versions. Makes a difference in battery life for the 75W versions on a single cell, probably less noticeable on multi-cell devices.

Normal agree with you but the screen power usage between them is small, if at all?

Comparing spec looks like the screen both draw the same power
21mA in both the 250 and 250c.

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna250color.pdf

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna250.pdf

Both work great but IMHO the C offers enough benefits that it's worth the price difference.
I also feel that the 12-13% better battery efficiency of the 250 over 75 is also worth considering.

HerbieVonVapster

Here are my setting changes in sur_evic SME along with english translation. Had to cut some setting like clock out due to space. Sorry about the muti post on this guild
My Settings are in red

Screen menu (Screen)

• Contrast (Brightness) No Change

The screen's brightness ( contrast ) in SME is 17% by default. At this point, you can change the brightness to your taste and eye.
    By briefly pressing the Start button, the main and the second contrast are selected for adjustment.
    The second brightness is recommended to be set below the primary or zero. Used when displaying charging screens, screensavers and for the screen when hovering, if the stealth mode is Contrast, to conserve screen resources and battery.

If a logo is loaded in the mod then it will always be shown at the bottom of this screen.

Exiting the brightness editing mode is a long press of Start.
  • Protection (Screen Change Time) No Change

Set the decay time of the main screen (Main), Saver screen, Charge screen and Sleep, when the user is inactive.

When the Saver time setting is off, the screen saver does not turn on.

The charging screen ( Charge ) in the off position (off the blanking time) will be permanently on. You can always turn on / off the charging screen by pressing the minus (-) button.

After a specified time of sleep delay ( Sleep ), after full blanking of the screen, the mod:

• falls asleep normally (Mode - Sleep)
    • OFF (Mode - OFF).
    • falls asleep, blocking the buttons (+ -) (Mode - Lock).
    To prevent the mod from waking up from these buttons, use the Interface / Wake <> setting

• If the Sleep delay is turned off, the mod will fall asleep ignoring the screen saver. Remember that getting out of sleep requires a little more time to start hovering.
    ( Stealth ) - addition to the hidden mode (with full screen blanking), set the number of puffs.
    If it is set, then after a short press of the Start button (the main screen display), this number of puffs will go with the screen on, after - with off.
    Serves to monitor the screen when changing the hover settings without exiting the stealth mode.
  • Saver (Screensaver) Your Choice

Choose what to show on the screen saver:

• None - blank screen
    • Clock - date, hours, day of the week
    • 3D - rotating objects. Buttons + - when changing the object in a circle
    • Logo - the installed logo
    • Qix-animation - flying stripes from an old game
    • Snow - noise on the screen. Helps pixels if the screen has started to burn out, as well as the inversion mode
    • Splash - showing the initial screen saver, picture 64x128, edited in the program VTCFont
    • Vaped - animation "Star field", with a wipe inclination.
  • Logo (Logo) No Change

In the menu of the logo you can choose what will be shown in its place:

• 3D object. If selected, it has the advantage of showing if other types of logos are included.
    • Clock - shows the clock. Has the advantage of showing after 3D. The Clock settings specify how they will look.
    • Logo - actually a logo image pre-loaded into the mod by a firmware program, for example FWUpdater .
      Supports sizes 64x40 and 64x48 (perhaps 64x56 in the middle), monochrome BMP. In the archive with the editor they have a bunch. The lowest priority is shown in the middle, always on top.
    • By clicks, you can specify the position of the logo image on the screen, on the top (Top) or in the middle (Mid).
    • Hide - the delay of the display, the timing before the logo appears on the screen, after the time of changing the screen of tightening.
  • 3D (animation selection)
    Select the rotating display object.
  • Invert (Screen inversion)

White and black on the screen change places.
    The inversion is clever, does not show blank white screens.
    Use rarely and not at full brightness, increased load on the screen module!
  • FireScr (Tightening Screen Timeout)

Sets how many seconds to show the tightening screen after releasing the Start button. To have time to look at the last readings of hovering.
  • FiFlip (Turning the screen on when tightening)

To monitor the readings on the screen when tightened.
Coils menu Uncheck Check

• Manage (Resistance correction) Can make own custom TCR

Four lines for each type of thermal monitoring:
    When you enter this menu, the line for the current thermal monitoring mode (if selected) will be selected.
    After selecting the desired line, click Start to enter the resistance editing mode.
    Correct the resistance with the buttons (+ -).
    Clicking on Start without editing will change the status of the lock of the coil (lock).
    Editing non-zero resistance will automatically lock it.
    Long press on Start will re-read the resistance of the coil again.

• Zero All Clears all stored resistances, including the Smart and Varivatt modes.

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

Vaping Menu

• Preheat (preheating) For unit I use watts then use 60Watts 0.7 seconds

It can work in the modes varivatt (POWER) and smart (SMART), in others it is ignored.

This menu item is also shown by clicking on the Start button, if the action is selected for these clicks ( PPwr ) - power priority.

Used for warming up heavy cold windings.
    If preheating is on, the " p " icon will appear on the main screen of the POWER mode .

• Enable - Enable / disable preheating.

• It is possible to set the power (Pwr) and time (Time). At this time, the specified power will be applied when tightened.
      After that, the main power will be supplied.

• Unit - change the preheating power in Watts or percent of the preheat.

• Delay - delay time for the next preheating, up to 3 minutes. While this time is ticking, the prehit does not turn on and the "p" icon flashes.
      (this time is also common for the Hover Curve menu)

• SMART - smart preheating. For an example of work, set Time to 1 second and Delay to 10 seconds.
      The first tightening will go with the pre-heating settings. Further, if the second tightening started after 5 seconds (half of the set delay time), the preheating time will be 0.5 seconds (half as well). And so on in percentage terms, often hovering - less pre-heating time and vice versa.
      (taken from the description for the firmware Vortex Mod).
      While there is a time of intelligent preheating, next to the power flashes the " s " sign .
  • Curve (Heating curves) no change

It can work in modes varivatt (POWER) and smart (SMART), in others it is ignored.

Has priority over preheating.
    The enabled state is indicated by the " c " icon next to the power. The icon flashes during the delay before the new use (Delay). Each profile can have one configured heating curve.

• Enable: enable / disable the use of a curve.
    • Reset: Resets the curve. Do this before the first editing. Power throughout the entire length is set to 100% (current set). Press the fire button for a long time.
    • Edit: The curve editing window.
      Use the buttons (+ -) to select the time, press Start, use the buttons to select the power that will be set after this time during the tightening.
      The power varies from 0 to 200% of the main one. 20 adjustment points, the maximum duration of the curve is 5 seconds.
    • Delay: delay time before reusing this function.
    • Repeat: the time after which the heating curve is looped first, before the cut-off time.
  • Algo (Algorithms of TC)Only for thermal control modes. I use PID boost 50% P=600 I=850 D=0

Several algorithms to choose from, switch to the Start button:

• Off: off, the algorithm from the official firmware is used.
    • Sweet: easier start.
    • Boost: a sharp start, with adjustment.
    • PID: Proportional-integral-differentiating (PID) regulator with editing of all parameters.
    The best algorithm, but it requires configuration, configure and verify, the monitor program to help.

• Boost - adjustment for the quick start algorithm.
      Sets the temperature limit in percent of the main one, after which the sharp heating stops.
      The higher the value, the faster the heating up to the set temperature, but there is a risk of going outside the installation. Reduce the maximum power of the TC to prevent this.
      It is worth setting higher for heavy windings and less for simple ones.
  • P, I, D (PID adjustment)

Long press Start will return the settings of each item to the original one.
    • TCR (Thermal preset settings) I use the stock SS TRF setting

In addition to the three customizable TC modes (M1, M2, M3), you can set fixed values for the other modes (TEMP NI, TI, SS). For this:
      • Select the mode to unlock,
      • Long press the Start button to unlock this item. A suitable value will appear on the screen, you can edit it.
      • A long long press of Start restores the default setting (DEF).
      (PW) To display the temperature of the coil in the varivatta modes, you must select the calculation algorithm from the available ones, select the material of your coil or its pre-installed TCS (temperature coefficient of resistance).
    • Cold The default is 20 degrees Celsius. Mod believes that this is the minimum temperature at which the user blocks the resistance for the TC. This value is involved as a result of calculating the temperature of the spiral as a simple additive.
    • New If the resistance in the TC is not blocked, the mod can determine that another tank is installed, if its resistance is different by this predetermined percentage. The default is 5%.
    • Check: Yes / No. The mod checks the spiral for the possibility of working with thermal control. "Heavy" coils may not pass the test on the TC (the mod will switch to the varivatt mode), although they can work in this mode. This checkbox can cancel this check (No).
    • P is the proportional part (Proportional), the default is 600. The higher, the faster the warming up.
    • I - integral part (Integral), 850. The higher, the smoother the maintenance.
    • D - differential part (Derivative), 0. Increases the speed of the output to the set temperature.
    How it works - Google will tell.
    The default values serve to suit most users, but for special cases, an adjustment is required.
    Units of measure: P mW / ° C, I mW / ° C / s, D mW.s / °

HerbieVonVapster

• Modes (Skip Modes) I skipped NI TI

If the mode is opposite ( N ) - this mode is not displayed when scrolling through the modes on the main screen.
      For example, you can disable the Bypass mode in multi-battery modes. And who does not need Smart.
      Active mode ( A ) can not be excluded (there must be at least one).
    • Prot. (Tightening off)

Setting the maximum tightening time after which it stops with a warning.
      If you continue to hold the Start button, the mod will turn off, thinking that this is an accidental press, for example in a bag.
      In general, always turn off the mod by clicking. The default is 3 or 5 clicks. Adjust from 2 to 25 seconds, the default is 10. Better tune to your style.
    • Vaped (Vaporized)
    • Interface Menu
      • Clicks (clicks on the Start button)

Menu for the reaction of the mod to the user-defined number of quick clicks on the Start button.
        If none of their buttons are defined for the main screen editing function, it will automatically be assigned to three clicks after the firmware is reset.
        You can redefine 4 clicks and the action to hold three buttons simultaneously. To the left, the number of clicks and F + - is shown.

Possible actions:
        • None - do nothing.
        • Edit - the mode of entering the editing indications on the main screen (3 clicks in the firmware from the manufacturer).
        • Clock - forced display of the clock as a logo on the main screen. Press again to cancel the logo clock.
        • PPwr, power priority:
          • in the TC: the temperature and power readings on the screen change places. For convenient adjustment of the one and the other with the buttons (+ -).
          • in the mode of varivatta - the pre-heating adjustment window is called up.
        • Mode - switching to the next hover mode (TC -> Varivatt -> Bypass -> Smart ...).
        • On / Off - on / off the box. (5 clicks in the firmware from the manufacturer)
        • Profile - go to the profile selection screen with individual parameter settings. (It is a simultaneous long hold on Start and +)
        • Tetris - Challenge game Tetris.
        • Flappy - the game call the drunk Birdie.
        • Saver - show the installed screensaver in full screen.
        • Menus - enter the settings menu of the mod. (It is a simultaneous short-term hold on Start and +)
        • Battery - calling the screen with battery voltage
        • ↔Coil - re-reading the current resistance of the atomizer (same as when installing the lock on the resistance when editing the main screen). It is convenient to put 3 buttons on hold to avoid heating the coyle when measuring.
        Quick clicks on the Start button more than five times serve to turn the mode on and off according to the state, regardless of the number of clicks.

The rest of the buttons from the official firmware are saved:
      • If the mode is off:
        • The simultaneous holding of the buttons (+ -) reverses the screen
        • holding the minus and start buttons causes a window with battery voltage and a percentage graph
        • holding the plus and start buttons calls up the TSR selection window (TSR) for thermal monitoring
        If the mode is enabled:
        • simultaneous hold of the buttons (+ -) blocks these buttons from pressing in the hover mode
        • holding the minus and start buttons toggles the stealth mode,
        • holding the plus and start buttons calls up the Menu first, then the Profiles Selection window, then the "curve" window for heating the spiral.
      • 1Watt On / Off (power step)

Select the power change step with the buttons (+ -), 1 Watt if on (On, default) and 0.1 Watt.

• 1C / 5F On / Off (temperature step)

Selecting the temperature change step in TC mode 1 ° C (5 ° F) if on and 5 ° C (10 ° F) if off (default).

• Wake <> On / Off (wake up)

Sleep mode (or mode in stealth mode) by default wakes up by clicking on the buttons (+ -). Turn it off if you do not need to do this.

• Temp ° C / ° F (temperature scale)

Global change in temperature units between ° C and ° F (Celsius / Fahrenheit). (the author of the ClockSelect firmware wanted to replace Fahrenheit with Calvin, a genius joke)

• PPwr On / Off (power priority)
    • If the mode is off:
      • The simultaneous holding of the buttons (+ -) reverses the screen
      • holding the minus and start buttons causes a window with battery voltage and a percentage graph
      • holding the plus and start buttons calls up the TSR selection window (TSR) for thermal monitoring
      If the mode is enabled:
      • simultaneous hold of the buttons (+ -) blocks these buttons from pressing in the hover mode
      • holding the minus and start buttons toggles the stealth mode,
      • holding the plus and start buttons calls up the Menu first, then the Profiles Selection window, then the "curve" window for heating the spiral.
    • 1Watt On / Off (power step)

Select the power change step with the buttons (+ -), 1 Watt if on (On, default) and 0.1 Watt.

• 1C / 5F On / Off (temperature step)

Selecting the temperature change step in TC mode 1 ° C (5 ° F) if on and 5 ° C (10 ° F) if off (default).

• Wake <> On / Off (wake up)

Sleep mode (or mode in stealth mode) by default wakes up by clicking on the buttons (+ -). Turn it off if you do not need to do this.

• Temp ° C / ° F (temperature scale)

Global change in temperature units between ° C and ° F (Celsius / Fahrenheit). (the author of the ClockSelect firmware wanted to replace Fahrenheit with Calvin, a genius joke)

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

• PPwr On / Off (power priority)

• Only for the TC mode (thermal control)

The temperature and power readings on the screen change places. Now you can quickly adjust the power in the TC with the buttons (+ -), instead of the temperature. And after going into the editing mode of the main screen - adjust the temperature.
      The increase in power in the TK is analogous to the preheating of the coil in the varivatta. The higher the power is set, the faster the coil warms up to the set temperature. This setting simply makes it easier to adjust this power.

• UI (interface view) I like UI2

There are two options to choose from, in the interface number 2 information on the screen is smaller, but the font of the main readings is larger.

• Splash (view screensaver)

The behavior of the screensaver in the form of a large picture on the entire screen (changes in the editor) when you turn on the mod.
      In screen saver mode it is always shown.
      • on / off - to show whether or not the picture when the button is turned off by the button.
      • Box - a picture showing is included with the name boxing-fashion.
        Menu for experts (Expert)

Settings that require an understanding of what, why and when they need to be changed. Be responsible for the consequences only to yourself.
        • Batteries

Indications and adjustment of all batteries.
          It is recommended to calibrate the readings before using and charging the mod with software charge control (all multi-battery modes and Pico 25).

Depending on the model of the mode and the characteristics of the circuit, the voltage of the batteries measured by the mod may differ from the actual one.
          This can lead to incorrect results when working:
          • The mod can block ahead of time, when there is still a charge in the battery;
          • can be restarted with a real battery drain (single-battery mode), not knowing the exact state of the battery;
          • can try to continue charging the battery when it is already fully charged (only in mods with software charge control);
          Fully charge the batteries in the external charger. Using a multimeter, perform stress measurements on the banks.
          Insert the batteries into the box and carry out the adjustment if necessary.
          For mods with built-in batteries it is difficult to know their real voltage, without opening the mod.
          When the batteries are discharged, their readings can float against each other, there is nothing to be done about it.

Limits of correction of each of the installed batteries + -1.00 Volts in 10 mV increments.

From this menu, you can look at the graph of the selected battery voltage conversion table as a percentage. Fat points are already used charge.

• SHR (Shunt Adjustment)

Warning: Incorrect installation of this item is fraught with the life of your box. Can lead to an excess of current through the atomizer and burnout of the circuit.

The shunt is used in the circuit to calculate (through the voltage on it) the current, resistance, and power of the atomizer.
          The program indicates the resistance of the shunt and can be changed at this point. This is done to more accurately fit the calculated resistance of the atomizer.
          The readings on the screen are the current resistance of the atomizer. Do not change this parameter strongly and only if absolutely necessary.
          To reset the shunt by default for this mode - long hold down the Start button (2sec).

• BAT (Battery Profile)

Firmware recalculates the battery voltage as a percentage. For how it will be done and this setting answers.

" GEN ", 20А, the universal battery accepted by default from the manufacturer a fashion.

" CUS ", 30A, user battery, conversion values for which you can change directly in the fashion, in the CUS menu below. By default, the percent readings correspond to the capacity of the battery when the battery is about 30 Watts.

The minimum voltage on the battery at which the hover is possible is 2.7 volts. Mod in the calculations can not exceed these currents.

The battery profile refers to the search for "parrots", the balance of the balance in percent for your battery from the voltage on it with the hover you set.

• Temp (temperature sensor adjustment)

Allows you to adjust the internal temperature sensor of the board closer to real.
          Give the fashion a nap (cool down) near the home temperature gauge in the room. Then quickly set this value in fashion.

• CUS (custom battery type)

The menu for changing the voltage recalculation table is battery (the lowest voltage is always used) in percentages for the user's battery.
          By default, it approximates the current battery 18650 at 30 watts. In this case, the percentages will more effectively reflect the capacity of the battery at a given capacity.
          0% and 100% are unchangeable percentages, they should always be that way. Other percentages and all voltages can be changed upward from the previous value.
          After clicking Flash and checking for validity, the table will be written to the non-volatile memory of the parameters (dataflash). Otherwise, write - Error.

• MAX (maximum values) I have maxs at 60watts

This menu allows you to set the maximum allowable values for:
          • power to atomizer
          • of the voltage to the atomizer
          • board temperatures
          • charging current via USB (for mods where charge control is supported)
          • BY - use for the Bypass mode the voltage of one battery (B1) or all in the sum (All).
          • Battery - Set the voltage for a discharged battery, at which the hovering (2.7 - 3.3 Volts) will be inhibited.

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

Another new issue I wanted to address deals with temperature protection in the DNAc chips. Ran into some issues that in certain theme TC doesn't work right. When Mod hit's the set temperature instead of throttling back wattage it cuts off wattage.

If using a DNAc mod a simple fix is to switch your theme.

Went back and fixed the temperature display in the DNAc files. It now shows the current temperature instead of just a fixed max temperature. Started adjusting theme and ideal suggestion are welcomed. Working off Franks themes but nothing is set in stone.

I wanted to be able allow everyone to pick there own theme choice with these files. This throttling issue in some themes is just something you need to be aware of.

Here is more detail about this issue. I went back adjusted few things and stempod settings are now working in the DNA250c and DNA75c files.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/69851-throttling/

Top Bottom