1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Syqe Portable Inhaler (metered-dose cannabis inhaler)

Discussion in 'Thread Candidates' started by 1800, Aug 21, 2014.

1. 1800

1800 New Member

"The objective of this study was to explore the pharmacokinetics, safety, tolerability, efficacy, and ease of use of a novel portable thermal-metered-dose inhaler (tMDI) for cannabis in a cohort of eight patients suffering from chronic neuropathic pain and on a stable analgesic regimen including medicinal cannabis. In a single-dose, open-label study, patients inhaled a single 15.1 ± 0.1 mg dose of cannabis using the Syqe Inhaler device

http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.3109/15360288.2014.941130

[​IMG]

http://www.scribd.com/doc/237387644/eisenberg2014a-pdf

2. Vapologist

Vapologist I believe in the Power of Higher.

1800, do you have any relation to the mfr, did you stumble upon this and decide to stop lurking, is this your creation, Have you used this...this doesn't appear to be a normal vaporizer by any means! Also this looks more portable than desktop? Hard to say without seeing few more images...

3. 1800

1800 New Member

@Vapologist

1. No relation, stumbled upon while reading the study by Eisenberg (scribd link above). I like fancy gadgets and hoped you guys could chime in with your experiences about the real value of it. Study money was provided by Syqe and one of the authors is partly employeed by them so I'm trying to be careful about hailing this as "more efficient as Volcano" as the authors did (pg7). But then again, they have a lot of money for testing and are seasoned academic researchers so perhaps there is something to that claim.

2. It's not normal, part what made me excited about it :D Basic idea about the design can be found on Wikipedia.

3. I don't know why it's under "Plug-in Vaporizers" forum? Perhaps a moderator moved it? I thought I put it under "Portable" but could have made a mistake. Mods, can you move it to the portable section?

4. This was the only picture in the study. Homepage of the company does not have any more details about it (yet), nor does the rest of the internet, at least according to my searches.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
    Egzoset, tepictoton and Shit Snacks like this.
  4. mrweed

mrweed vaporizer review blogger

i think these guys have made the deal of their life.
    That's what they've told me: "our company currently collaborates only with clinical research and treatment entities"

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  5. 420time

420time Well-Known Member

name sounded cool, but after seeing it i dislike .

6. FUnhouse

FUnhouse Well-Known Member

I think this could be a cool thing and I am glad someone (of course outside of this backward ass country) is actually doing clinical research on this !

Quetzalcoatl, mrweed and RUDE BOY like this.
  7. caliwisp

caliwisp Cali Dreamin'

8. Mynameismud

Mynameismud But call me Alowishus Devadander Abercrombie.

Is this the thermovape guys? I know they were working on something similar but for an assortment of drugs... Like so doctors could control the dosages precicely

OF and Kief like this.
  9. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Very interesting ... I wish there was such a thing that could be brought on international travel !!!

FUnhouse likes this.
  10. Rizzalso

Rizzalso Active Member

Definitely going to keep an eye on this. Has some great medical potential.

11. OF

OF Well-Known Member

No, it is definitely entirely different than the drawings I've seen and the descriptions I've been given by Nate. Different size, shape, features and probably technology.

OF

12. 1800

1800 New Member

The device pictured in the first post is called Syqe Inhaler Exo and is aimed at "nurses and caregivers a certified medical device for use in pain clinics, cancer centers, intensive care units and other appropriate medical sites in need.". Available in Q4 but, so far, only for hospitals.

For home use, there is the Syqe Inhaler. 2015. Looks slick.

[​IMG]

Promotional video

Nesta, Jared, Egzoset and 2 others like this.
  13. Rizzalso

Rizzalso Active Member

Very cool. Curious as to what technology they're using in these things to get such a precise, consistent dose.

RUDE BOY and FUnhouse like this.
  14. stickstones

stickstones Wasted Staff Member

I'm wondering how it is transmitted, since they claim it is more efficient than vaporizing.

OF likes this.
  15. tepictoton

tepictoton Well-Known Member

only thing that mmade me scratch my head abit was the part where they say preloaded standardized flower cardridges...how can you standardize flowers?

If they would say standardized extracts it would make more sense.

And yes, stickstones, good question. I guess we all realize vaping might be a more effective way then smoking, but still a lot goes lost...my feeling tells me the best way 'to get it all' will still be eating it(after decarb off course)...

But yeah, interesting gear, will keep an eye on it. Raises a lot of questions, as always...

Bvapst, Jared, steama and 1 other person like this.
  16. Egzoset

Egzoset 1SipAToke/Blender Vaporist (v3.1)

Salutations 1800,

Ha! Ha! That was close...

[​IMG]

Too bad it's not also including the other machine, euh... The one that would allow me to make my own discs! Or maybe the manufacturer happens to be wonking on that too?...

:peace:

17. NorVape

NorVape Vape Rictim

But... It's not smoke, nor vapor. Any indication of how the active ingredients are delivered, apart from that it's done orally?

I wonder if they will focus strictly on the medicinal properties, or if they will allow taste to be a part of this experience as well?

It's almost scary to see something that's been forced underground for so long come in to the light to such an extent, but I guess it's mostly for the best. :science:

...but it's gonna be something to tell the grandkids about - the horrors of prohibition haha :myday:

steama likes this.
  18. steama

steama Well-Known Member

My guess is that this may very well be a case of 'vaporwear'.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    OF and NorVape like this.
  19. NorVape

NorVape Vape Rictim

Had to Google that word, @steama, but if it really is, how funny is it that it's a vaporware vaporizer? :lmao:

OF and steama like this.
  20. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Ironic indeed. Mostly because the answer is not self evident (or explained) so it makes me think BS maybe?

Delivery method possibilities:
    It is snorted and absorbed through mucus membrane? Insert it deep in the ear canal and into some old ear wax? Held under arm pit until it dissolves? Sub-lingual maybe? Maybe it is some sort of suppository?

Suppository. Yeah, that's it. LMAO! :rofl:

Seriously: It's ultrasonic

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    RUDE BOY and NorVape like this.
  21. NorVape

NorVape Vape Rictim

Ultra Sonic Chronic :science:

No but yeah but no but yeah you're right, I think.

steama likes this.
  22. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Well, they said what it was not. Not much left so — ultrasonic, most likely.

Then maybe not — it is a thermal metered dose so they didn't get away from heat. It could still be ultrasonic possibly. Maybe a hybrid like heat and ultrasonic.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  23. stickstones

stickstones Wasted Staff Member

maybe it's just an oil device, since it uses pre-prepared cannabis products.

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  24. Egzoset

Egzoset 1SipAToke/Blender Vaporist (v3.1)

Salutations 1800,

Time worked for us apparently:

« Government backed Israeli Syqe Medical Ltd. has developed a meter dosed marijuana inhaler that will allow patients to benefit from the benefits of cannabis, without the risk of getting high »

Oh my, hold it right there! Not much need to even read beyond this article's title i guess: "the risks of getting high", hey?... Great, what a stoner-friendly start!

:worms:

Anyway i found their "Press Kit" for medias:

It's doubtful we fit into that picture but i sure appreciate their innovative strategy, nonetheless:

Divide to Conquer!! :science:

I vaguely recall my 50 Watts HerbalAire could vaporize 1 g of shreaded cannabis leaves at once (i think), they must have figured that much less power should be required with smaller loads so their solution was a 70-cartridges carousel. Which makes me think this device operates with even less power than e-Cigs... But considering dosage ain't sufficient for recreative applications anyway i'd just seek something in-between.

One way or another it sounds like this ain't the pro-cannabic breakthrough we could hope for, but i'm still glad it was mentioned on FC!

:peace:

OF, Bvapst, Seren and 2 others like this.
  25. steama

steama Well-Known Member

The Syqe Portable Inhaler is simply a thermal vaporizer that has been adapted for dosing. This is basically alluded to in the eisenberg2014.pdf.

A step forward has been made by developing cannabis vaporization techniques aimed to deliver inhaled cannabinoids while avoiding the respiratory hazards of smoking.

So what we have here is a thermal vaporizer for cannabis designed to deliver measured doses that won't get you high. This is excellent to move Cannabis forward on the path of mainstream acceptance as a medicine but this vaporizer will most definitely be a flop among stoners. :lol:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    MinnBobber, OF, RUDE BOY and 4 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors