Swamp Water / Golden Dragon a use for your abv/avb

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
Agent, those flavoring oils are artificial flavors and glycerin based. i don't think they'd work too well - but then again i haven't tried them for flavoring tinctures, just candies and lip balm. the glycerin base will mix well with the alcohol.

:horse:
don't worry about the limonene :rolleyes: it's freakin' everywhere.
buyer beware as always of course, but i'd be out of business if it was that bad - it's in maybe half of the essential oils i work with and i'm pretty sure it's in cannabis as well, some varieties having more or less. watch me be wrong and drop dead of cancer in a week. :lol:

just because it was said by a doctor in a tiny magazine article without quoting actual studies or facts or sources does not mean it is true. i believe that they are also referring to isolated limonene as the cause of cancer in animals, not as it naturally occurs in concert with other chemicals. as usual, a case of alarmist science gone amok. it is good to be informed though.

but i digress...

i suggest that you either put fresh slivered citrus peel (well washed and not too much - a pinch maybe) into your tincture to soak with the bud, or add a (1) drop of lemon essential oil after the works have been strained and evapped.

you could also try a few mint leaves in with it or maybe some cinnamon sticks, cardamom or cloves -- mmmm chai tincture anyone? that sounds freaking delicious :drool:

lavender or chamomile would also work and add a relaxing quality to the tincture. more for effect than flavor, you could add hops or valerian root to make a super sedating tincture.

i've been thinking of adding kava kava to a cannabis tincture, (not for flavor-blech) but i'm not sure about the solubility of the kavalactones in alcohol.

standard disclaimer - herbs are powerful medicines - start small and ask lots of questions if you are not sure.

herbgirl,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
Thanks Herbgirl, I have some chai mix somewhere in the cabinet, a chai tincture might just be what the Dr. ordered!

AgentofChaos,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
i just started another abv extraction. this one is sitting in my lil dipper crockpot inside a loosely capped 1/2 pint jam jar to warm the everclear. Just snipped a whole burbon vanilla bean in there and i'm contemplating adding a cinnamon stick and some cloves too.

**EDIT** raided the spices and ended up adding 5 cloves, 1/2 cinnamon stick, 1 star anise pod and some frozen ginger. feeling ballsy, i guess. hope i don't ruin it!

herbgirl,

Tuck

I ruined a batch of mine using peppermint extract. But I used the full 1 oz bottle of peppermint extract since it was like 189 Proof alcohol. I put it in hot tea. It's about the only thing that makes it palatable.

Tuck,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
the chai tincture is nice except i ended up with this sludge at the bottom of my evaporation bowl. it looks just like vanilla absolute, but does not want to dissolve fully??
haven't tested dosage yet, but it smells quite nice and the five drops i used right after it was finished had a very anesthetic effect on my mouth due to the cloves. interesting.

Tuck, mint packs quite a punch and will take over, whether it be in the garden or in a tincture. work in drops, even with an extract.

herbgirl,

Tuck

I have about 2 good doses of that tincture left. I made it right before 4th of July for a Phish show. I've been saving those last 2 in a dark place for a music festival next month. I hit dry times at the end of August so I don't have any ABV to play with. :(

After the peppermint failure, I figured next time I did a tincture I'd use a citrus extract or vanilla and only use a drop or two. I was trying to make it so I didn't have to put it in a drink and maybe be able to hold it under my tongue. The peppermint ended up tasting like really spicy cool mint listerine. No weed flavor at all but it burns.

Tuck,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
Here is the final product of 14 grams of ABV extracted into 2 oz. of grain alcohol and evaporated for a day and a half:

Saturday morning on an empty stomach I put 10 drops into my morning coffee to test it out. Around 1 pm I still didn't feel anything so I tried 10 more drops, waited a few hours and still didn't feel anything. At 3pm I was frustrated and added the rest of the bottle to my iced tea and chugged it. That evening I had a nice mild body high with intensified colors on the screen, but that was it. I was expecting and hoping for a couch-lock, WTF is going on with me high and was pretty disappointed with the results. After some thought I realized two things: 1. I vape my herb too brown 2. I didn't use enough ABV. I prefer to get the most out of my vape sessions so in order to acheive the results I'm looking for I will need to use more ABV, probably a little over an ounce should be enough.

AgentofChaos,

Beezleb

I used to drain my herb pretty good during sessions but once I started doing swamp water I began saving. My eye opener was when I used my magic flight abv compared to my DBV abv. I now vape at a bit lower temps and not as many though I typically use the Zephyr now.

Until I did that and sort of standardized my way of doing things my swamp water was all over the place in terms of quality. I made very effective batches and I made like you did with little effect.

If you can get used to leaving some life left in your abv I believe your quality will improve. Disappointing I know especially after waiting for it to evap naturally. That is what I do.

For what it is worth this is what my typical abv consist. I start my zephyr at 328 for 1 bag, then 356 for 1 bag and then 380 for one bag and then thats it. I could get more bags but this on average leaves me with swamp water that just makes mellows me out and everything is laid back and relaxed. I love it for going out and watching some football games on Sunday. I take 1 shot mixed with a bit of coke for the swamp water fizz effect hehe.

It took me some trial and error until I got where I am pretty consistent with it. For me I look at it as a major way of expanding on the herb and overall efficiency in vaporizing.

Beezleb,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
Beez, since you have started leaving good stuff let in the herb, do you notice your highs being adequate enough? I know a few hits off my SSV on lower temps will do the trick, but with my LB I need to brown a trench pretty well before I feel medicated enough

AgentofChaos,

Beezleb

I can say I learned to live with it but it is easy knowing I get a good result in the swampwater. When you are used to draining your herb it may be difficult, mostly due to habit I think. Before you know its not even an issue anymore but it has been discipline for me to go ahead and do a smaller bowl rather than drain it all. Perhaps its robbing peter to pay paul kind of thing but I see it more as spreading it around. Until you get a system that works for you it can be rather frustrating. I almost gave up saving up abv but then I got the MFLB.

It was easier to do use less with the DBV than with the Zephyr for me. I only use the MFLB when traveling but it was the MFLB travel vapor that first got me good results. I tend to not vape the mflb hard at all for some reason. In fact in all fairness if one was to see me vape from that and vape from other vapes you would wonder why I use the MFLB but it does get me right happily and fairly quickly and it does it without all the clouds and fun stuff. For me, it is the perfect travel vape.

Beezleb,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
Thanks for the input, starting tomorrow I'm going to lightly hit my vapes and end the sessions a few hits early. I know how you felt about giving up on the ABV, after several attempts using it for edibles I haven't been successful. Luckily the task required for saving the ABV is an enjoyable one!

AgentofChaos,
hi if u use fresh dried bud do u need to @ least warm it to 280 degrees farenheit to decarboxylate it or will alc extract wprk anyway?

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

Beezleb

hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:
hi if u use fresh dried bud do u need to @ least warm it to 280 degrees farenheit to decarboxylate it or will alc extract wprk anyway?

I honestly do not know what temperature is needed to do that but from the video that inspired swamp water the guy used a vapor bros set on normal vape temperature and just took one draw per bowl to decarboxylate it. Ive not done it with fresh herb so I cannot say from experience but your essentially making green dragon and every recipe I ever saw says to decarboxylate it.

Beezleb,

Eight

I had an 1/8th of ABV from my Woodeez in 125 ml of 151. Let it sit for 24 hours without a top, and shook it up every now and then. Used a tea strainer with a coffee filter and got all the crap out. A buddy of mine took a 2 tbsp shot, I mixed my 2 tbsp's with some Pepsi. I am not sure which one was the worse idea lol. Made him pass out an hour and a half after he took it, I was just super tired for a few hours until I went to bed. Both of us didn't eat for 3 hours before we took it. This was the first time I have ever tried anything but cannanut butter. I think I used a little more 151 than I should have and didn't let it evaporate enough. I have 1/2 of what I made left over and think I will try again tonight with 2x the dose. Was not impressed but hopefully I have better results with a higher dose tonight.

Eight,

ChickenSurfer

Hey all, just had my first experience with golden dragon last night so I thought I'd share. I had about 11g of abv from my iolite, which hadn't been cleaned (outside of the screen) after 3-4 months of daily use. So, I soaked the abv in a 190 proof vodka in one container and the removable iolite parts in another. I left these to sit in a cabinet for ~24 hours, shaking occasionally. I have since allowed most of the alcohol to evaporate from both solutions.

I have yet to try the swamp water, but last night a friend and I split the golden dragon. We had about a tablespoon of solution each, and it was some strong stuff. We mixed it down with some soda for good measure.

We had already ripped some bowls and my buddy had a few drinks as well, so we were feeling pretty buzzed before leaving for this party. We left about 30 min after starting our golden dragon, probably 15 min after finishing. Wow, the effects really started on the walk to the party. A small fight broke out amongst some of the people I was with, and all I could do was smile and laugh and enjoy the ridiculousness of the situation. By the time we got to the party, we were on a different level. Functioning and interacting was no problem, but eventually we ended up in laughing fits over absurdities.
It was the most nostalgic high I've ever had, comprable to the first couple times I got absolutely crosseyed when I first began smoking. I'm really looking forward to the swamp water, though it appears it will not taste as great and will likely not be as functional a high as the golden dragon (given the differences in the cannabinoids). I can only hope that it is as strong, though, as the golden dragon.

ChickenSurfer,

Plotinus

PD users who clean your parts in grain alcohol - have you tried reducing the alcohol down to an effective tincture? How long/how many cleaning sessions did you have the solution around for before it was potent enough to use?

Plotinus,

eeetripl

Hey guys.. Ive been lurkin for awhile now.
What do you guys think about re-using already made Everclear swampwater to extract from additional saved abv? Id like to think the potency would be increased no?
Id appreciate any thoughts....

eeetripl,

extremevape420

is there too little or too much to use for this, i have about 70 grams of abv i've been saving in a mason jar is that good, too little too much??

Also is there any substitues for the everclear i live in toronto,ontario and cannot seem to find any.

extremevape420,

Plotinus

Everclear is just 100% grain alcohol, so any 200 proof (or 190 proof) grain alcohol should do.

Plotinus,

eeetripl

Plotinus said:
Everclear is just 100% grain alcohol, so any 200 proof (or 190 proof) grain alcohol should do.
I understand that. I was wondering if I take the bottle of swampwater that I have already and use it to extract the THC from some more AVB that Ive saved- Would it make the already made swampwater stronger?

eeetripl,

Beezleb

extremevape420 said:
is there too little or too much to use for this, i have about 70 grams of abv i've been saving in a mason jar is that good, too little too much??

Also is there any substitues for the everclear i live in toronto,ontario and cannot seem to find any.

Go with the strongest alcohol you can find. I have read where people use 151 rum but not the spiced rum.

Not sure on weights but roughly I just fill the jar about halfway with abv and enough alcohol to fill the jar so its all about 60-75% of the jar is full. If you feel you added to much alcohol to the mix you can allow it to evaporate down. I do not know the saturation limit of alcohol/concentrates.

eeetripl said:
Hey guys.. Ive been lurkin for awhile now.
What do you guys think about re-using already made Everclear swampwater to extract from additional saved abv? Id like to think the potency would be increased no?
Id appreciate any thoughts....

I believe this works but I have no insight into how much or how long you can do this for until it reaches full potency.

Plotinus said:
PD users who clean your parts in grain alcohol - have you tried reducing the alcohol down to an effective tincture? How long/how many cleaning sessions did you have the solution around for before it was potent enough to use?

I have read of people doing this and for some reason I am thinking someone once wrote at least 1 month to 2 months with at least 1-3 sessions per day on average but I cannot recall with full certainty I am recall it correctly. I have no personal experience with a log vape in this regard. Sorry.

ChickenSurfer said:
Hey all, just had my first experience with golden dragon last night so I thought I'd share. I had about 11g of abv from my iolite, which hadn't been cleaned (outside of the screen) after 3-4 months of daily use. So, I soaked the abv in a 190 proof vodka in one container and the removable iolite parts in another. I left these to sit in a cabinet for ~24 hours, shaking occasionally. I have since allowed most of the alcohol to evaporate from both solutions.

I have yet to try the swamp water, but last night a friend and I split the golden dragon. We had about a tablespoon of solution each, and it was some strong stuff. We mixed it down with some soda for good measure.

We had already ripped some bowls and my buddy had a few drinks as well, so we were feeling pretty buzzed before leaving for this party. We left about 30 min after starting our golden dragon, probably 15 min after finishing. Wow, the effects really started on the walk to the party. A small fight broke out amongst some of the people I was with, and all I could do was smile and laugh and enjoy the ridiculousness of the situation. By the time we got to the party, we were on a different level. Functioning and interacting was no problem, but eventually we ended up in laughing fits over absurdities.
It was the most nostalgic high I've ever had, comprable to the first couple times I got absolutely crosseyed when I first began smoking. I'm really looking forward to the swamp water, though it appears it will not taste as great and will likely not be as functional a high as the golden dragon (given the differences in the cannabinoids). I can only hope that it is as strong, though, as the golden dragon.

I have never made pure golden dragon but I would imagine golden dragon is the better. Thank you for sharing!

I hope some of that helps.

Beezleb,

Plotinus

eeetripl said:
Plotinus said:
I understand that. I was wondering if I take the bottle of swampwater that I have already and use it to extract the THC from some more AVB that Ive saved- Would it make the already made swampwater stronger?

Yeah, I was responding to the other poster, the one who was asking about everclear alternatives.

As for your issue I'm not sure. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't still work, but I'm not a chemist.

Plotinus,

The Budget Gourmet

Lurky turkey
I've been flushing my EQ's whip with everclear for a few months now. I fill almost the whole thing up with a thumb on each end and shake the shit out of it, then dump it in a pint jar. I've been doing this about every two weeks and now have almost a full jar of honey looking booze. Once it's full I'll filter out the silt and store it in proper bottles.
I tried it last month before seeing Harry Potter, and I thought it was a very strong effect.
It was nasty and sticky too. I used about half a shot glass in a big glass of water. Very bitter, but I didn't have time to make something nice. I chugged it down before I left, and it kicked in about 45 min later (as the movie actually started) and lasted at least until I got home again to my EQ.:)

I definitely recommend the golden dragon. It's so easy and effective.

The Budget Gourmet,

ChickenSurfer

Alright, following up with a second post regarding the swamp water I created.

Wow.

Last night around midnight, I split what I had evaporated down from the original swamp water tincture with a friend. We each had maybe a shots worth. When watered down with coke, even 10:1, the tincture makes the concoction look like, well, swamp water. It's brownish green, and doesn't appear opaque like normal soda does (note: I found this also to be true of golden dragon, it made cranberry soda appear as a solid light red instead of a see-through bright red). The taste was significantly stronger and very different from golden dragon. It was much more stale of a bud taste and we decided to chase the coke/tincture mix, which I did not need at all for the golden dragon.
There was a bit over 11g of vaped bud put into it, all from the iolite (vaped at or around 374 F / 190 C +-5). Because of this, I assume most of the active ingredients were cannabichromene (CBC), tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV), linalool, pulegone, a-terpineol, terpineol-4-ol, and quercetin. Well, damn, 5.5gs worth of these per person is like knockout gas. It should be noted that we had enjoyed a few vape sessions prior to this, but I knew the effects would be so much heavier and more noticeable than those I experienced vaping, so I wasn't too worried about ruining the experience.

By 12:35 both of us were feeling the effects. My friend noted that it was 'intense' and agreed with my suggestion from earlier that it may just 'knock us out'.

By 12:45 I was getting giggly, more than at all necessary. It felt similar to the initial effects of acid: I was very giddy. My eyes, however, were at half mast or below for the rest of the night.

Around 1:30 we decided to lay down. Bad move. Nobody wanted to walk to the light switch. This stuff really makes you lazy. I realize that any simple task within the last hour has been immense work.

By 2:00 I think we both passed out, this stuff was just strong as hell.

What I would really like to find is a dosage that is strong, but not overwhelming. 11gs all at once came to alot. Maybe a shot with 1-2gs of vaped bud would be good medicine to start the night with, rather than 5.5

I should note - the iolite resin I used for the golden dragon was 11gs worth of vapor resin.

ChickenSurfer,
Top Bottom