Swamp Water / Golden Dragon a use for your abv/avb

Beezleb

If you put a fan over it, it will evap faster.

The reason people let it sit with greendragon is because the herb is not decarbed and it takes a length of time for that happen but in the case of a ABV it is already decarbed from being vaporized.

Also, if you make greendragon, you can decarb by baking the herb at 220 F for 20 minutes.

Thanks for sharing and helping everybody!

Beezleb,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
baurman,
if you do over evaporate and end up with sticky goo, it's easy to thin it out again by adding back some fresh PGA drop by drop.
this is a very precise way to control dosage strength if you are tincturing, say 25g of ABV and want five doses out of it at 5 ml (teaspoon) a dose, so exactly 25 ml of finished liquid.

or better put, you may end up with three grams of goo, to which you would add maybe ten ml of fresh PGA to get the redissolving process started, check the volume of liquid after fully dissolved and then just add back more till you reach your final desired amount.

herbgirl,

vacuole

I found this thread yesterday while searching for info about tinctures made with BHO, but it's been a complete revelation and much more relevant to me because I always have ABV on hand. Until now I've used my ABV to make coco cannabutter, but the idea of simply infusing it in high-proof alcohol without heat really appeals to me. I will try it as soon as I find some 151 rum.

I have a couple of questions for the experts though:

1. How does the high of swampwater compare with an equivalent dose of ABV cannabutter? I find ABV cannabutter gives a really heavy body high without much head. Is swampwater any "lighter" or faster acting? I guess what I'm wondering is whether the body metabolizes it the same way.

2. Has anyone ever tried "water curing" the ABV before steeping it in alcohol, in order to remove water-soluble nasties and the horrible taste? I'm thinking of trying this, and then pressing out as much water as possible before adding the alcohol. Any comments?

vacuole,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hi and welcome to FC

1. Swampwater strength depends on a lot of variables...temp vaped, how much alcohol evaporated, etc. BUT proceed with caution. I've had people too high for 12-18hrs by using too much. Most of the low temp goodies have been vaped out so yeah, body high for sure and awesome sleep aid. If you want a more full range look at the golden dragon where you use the resin collected from cleaning vape parts to make a tincture. Whichever you make, test each batch as strength will vary batch to batch.

2. There is a water cure thread here somewhere but I don't know if tincture was made with final product. I think the worst tasting part of swamp water is not the herb but the alcohol lol but that may be just me. I use the tincture to make candies a lot and people like the barely there MJ flavor ;)

Lo,

vacuole

Thanks for the quick replies Agent and Lo, and for the great water curing thread Herbgirl. I think I might start with just a 24-hour water cure prior to making swampwater. To be honest, I'm not real fond of the heavy ABV cannabutter high, so I was hoping an alcohol tincture might be metabolized differently. I'll give it a try in any case and will use it to make candies with CompassRosie's recipe.

This thread has really set me straight about the role of decarboxylation when making edibles. Thanks everyone for the info.

vacuole,

medme

ex-smoker by choice
i have a couple questions,,, i want to make some tincture with 190 proof everclear,,, i've read all the different ways to make it,,, but the thing i'm wondering is...... has anyone put honey into their tincture to make it taste better? will the honey mix with the everclear? thanks everyone for your input...

medme,

baurman

I evaporated 75% of the liquid and put the jar back on the lid to save what i have... leaving this tincture with only 18% alcohol, I guess no way to determine how much THC since a lot of variables go into play like how much it was vaped, etc.

So I put 2 teaspoons worth in my tea around Noon and I couldn't even tell that I mixed anything in there. It's now been about 2 hours after I drank my tea and I am ridiculously stoned right now I enjoy this more then vaporizing. I think 2 teaspoons is about 10 ML? The come up was very slow like I ate a brownie, well it's pretty much the same thing!

I think next time I will just try 1 teaspoon worth of the liquid and see if I still get pretty vaked.

baurman,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Haha, Baurman, your results are very similar to mine (I evaporate 75% too), and as you my tincture has very little incidence on the taste of the stuff it's added to, but damnit works:
1 teaspoon should be the perfect daily "2 hours before bedtime quantity"! Enjoy!

FLskwat,
Got around to trying this, 3/4oz high qual ABV from DBV medium-brown, 1/4oz misc shake/regs decarb'd with the DBV, 3oz everclear in a mason jar.. shook it every 30 mins or so for 6 hours, then put it right on top of the DBV for an hour straight at max temp which yielded about 155degF. Strained with a reusable coffee filter (metal) a couple times, evapped, got about 1oz total liquid out of it so I figured it would be potent. This was BLACK DRAGON, pure black, maybe a hint of green. Smells like ass and alcohol. Tried a dropper full (1ml) and within 30 minutes felt some slight effects, peaked around 2 hours lasted 3 hours for a very minor buzz a slight tired feeling (about a 3 out of 10 on the buzz scale) and no medicinal benefits noted. Almost felt like a shot of nyquil, nasty alcohol butterflies in the stomach feeling.

I have tried almost a dozen recipes and I just can't make anything that is worth the effort. I have even tried Hubby's bars and even after eating 1.5 of those I can only get moderate effects but at least those kill the pain a bit but at $12 a piece forget it. 1 bowl on the DBV and I am good for 3 hours. I guess I just am not one of those folks who takes well to edibles. You folks who do are are lucky!

tidalfungus421,

Beezleb

Tidalfungus421, I had your experience for quite some time but with other means such as cooking with it. I used a DBV mostly at the time and vaped mine pretty well.

Then I got the Magic Flight Lauch Box which did not vape my herb as well one as I would do with the DBV. I made my first batch of "golden dragon" (some people refer to golden dragon as made with kief, I am not talking about that and is in part why I refer to it as swampwater, especially when you put a bit of coke in a shot glass with it) With abv, I do a shot of it rather than a dropper full.

Anyways, after the mflb abv made swamp water I stopped vaping down so far and began saving some for the swampwater. I like the product so its valuable to me and fits me nicely but I was just about to call it day with reusing the abv and then I came across tinctures and gave it a shot swampwater.

I suspect that your abv was overly done with not much actives left. If you was to try it again I recommend simply mixing it together with a better grade of abv or try green dragon, just bake herb in oven at 220f for 20 minutes to decarb and then use as you would with abv and see how it works then.

I recommend evaporating down about 50% or to desired level. Some like more some less. Put a fan over it for a few hours to part of a day or so.

Beezleb,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
tidalfungus421 said:
I have tried almost a dozen recipes and I just can't make anything that is worth the effort.... I guess I just am not one of those folks who takes well to edibles. You folks who do are are lucky!
i used to think the same thing, but broke through the edibles barrier by eating a big brownie, and now it's easier for me to get or pick out the effect because it is slighly different

like having to experience an orgasm before you can really like sex, or in this case it's coming close to over-dosing that's needed to break your cherry.

try this: put your ABV into a gallon of water, shake periodically for 36 hours, this is to remove the smell, then rinse and dry out (squeeze in a coffee filter, then air dry or in low oven for 20 minutes at 205 F - repeat if needed), powder through fine sieve, then mix with 2 tablespoons melted milk chocolate bar and mix into vanilla ice cream (like cookies and cream ice cream). this will allow you to directly assimilate your ABV, without the dreaded ABV farts, and you can gauge the dose more easily.

just an idea, hope it's not offensive the way i put it

VWFringe,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
herbgirl said:
....this is a very precise way to control dosage strength if you....want five doses....25 ml of finished liquid.
you made that so simple, i'm definitely going to use this logic next time and know how much weight i'm starting with. thanks, herbgirl!

VWFringe,

medme

ex-smoker by choice
does anyone know how long tincture will last? booze will last almost forever if stored right, is tincture the same way?

medme,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
stored cool dark and dry, most herbal tinctures will keep for years. the "official" shelf life is 1-3 years, but you sometimes hear about ones that are very old, like 10-15 years, but still pack a punch.

Some will lose potency, other will gain it as the alcohol evaporates.

that being said most herbalists consider *properly stored* PGA tinctures to be the most shelf stable form of herbal preparation.

herbgirl,
Reactions: Vessel

medme

ex-smoker by choice
herbgirl said:
that being said most herbalists consider *properly stored* PGA tinctures to be the most shelf stable form of herbal preparation.

thanks herbgirl,, i'm sure it won't last me 10-15 years,,,lol... but,, whats PGA tinctures?
sorry for asking so many questions,, but i read and read and never find what i want..
i know its out there.....lol..
i've been reading more about honey tincture,,,
i think i'm going to add honey to mine, as i simmer it down in a dbl boiler..

medme,

medme

ex-smoker by choice
thanks,,,,,,wow,,,i feel stupid now,,,,,.......thanks everyone for all your help...

gotta love everclear 190 proof....

medme,

salamanderfish

I just made a "swap water" style abv tincture and did something horibly wrong. I'm not sure how but for some reason it tastes unbearable, upsets my stomach and has a low potency.. (for it to have effect I need to take about 2 Table spoons).

Following no particular recipe I used a 18 grams of ABV to 3/4 of a pint of Prince Ignor 45% vodka ratio which was left to sit in a Mason Jar all day in the shade with the occasional shake to encourage it. I then filtered that into a PLASTIC (probably bad) cup using cheese cloth and left it overnight to evaporate as much alcohol as possible. The next day I pored the tincture into several tinted eye drop bottles for use.

Possible contributors to bad tincture:

-The vodka was too weak

-It was affected by too much light

-I had no way of refrigerating it for the night

-The plastic contaminated the tincture

-I didn't put in anything to mask the ABV flavor

-I didn't evaporate enough alcohol

-I should have washed the new eye drop bottles

I hope this serves as an example of what not to do when making tincture. Right now I'm trying to decide whether this tar/vinegar tasting liquid is closer to medicine or poison (worth keeping?).

Cheers everybody! :peace:

salamanderfish,

Tuck

General consensus is swamp water doesn't taste great. 3/4 of a pint is about 350ml. If you let it evaporate down to half it's still 170-180ml. 2 Tbs is about 10ml which would be about right for 1gram dosage. In the future plan around a 1gram dosage with abv.

Also don't try to take it straight. I like to take mine in hot tea with lots of honey.

Tuck,

salamanderfish

Thant's good to know Tuck. You've boosted my confidence! I've got the leftover tincture in the mason jar sitting out to evaporate some more and I'll probably brew some tea tonight and see how it goes.. Will definitely make more in the near future and hopefully get better at it.

salamanderfish,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
yeah, it is a concentration thing. I've never had a tincture that I've needed less than two droppers full to feel anything, usually it is more like four. it just depends upon how much ABV you cram in there. I say get as much ABV as possible in there and evaporate down the whole works to concentrate it for maximum potency.

herbgirl,

Baker_on_Tick

:o:o EVERY TIME I try something new from this website I end up stoned as fuck

I cleaned all my Extreme Q parts in some 95%.... and then after that added some AVB and shook it up.. then after a day of sitting around I ran it threw a coffee filter , mixed it with some coke and waited... 2 hours later I was in bed (not wanting to be that high any more)... 11 hours later I woke up still very very stoned.. didn't go to work... and ill I drank was about 20ml with mixed with a full can of coke.. tasted like ass.

this is sooo much more effective than vaping even.... laitley ive been trying heaps of stuff.. this way, so far is the best and most effective way for THC extraction and probably the easiest

god i love this forum <3

Baker_on_Tick,
Top Bottom