Swamp Water / Golden Dragon a use for your abv/avb

Beezleb

thanks for sharing and I hope you continue to the swamp water!

I love to take it before going to watch the football game!

Beezleb,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
so i did another round of swamp water the other night. 29 g of MFLB & ION ABV in a pint mason jar with enough everclear to cover and a dome lid and ring, but not tightened down. this whole works gets placed in my little crockpot with some water to even out the temperature. It steeped for maybe 3 hours like this then i strained. evapped over the stove in a double boiler with adequate ventilation and a fire extinguisher handy till it got too late, then over the heat again the next day. evapped to maybe a tablespoon of liquid. poured into 1 oz tincture bottle. tasted YUCK!!

So, i added raspberry and coffee flavorings (lorran propylene glycol based candy flavoring) and glycerin to top off the bottle. still kinda yucky, but not as bad. Killer strong with 4 dropperfuls though. very mellow, sleepy buzz, but i was still able to walk the dog (and what a nice walk in 12 degree windchill with the cutting wind off the frozen lagoon - effing burrrrrr) and get the last bit of laundry done, so I wouldn't call it couchlock, nor did the buzz diminish after these normally buzz killing activities.

gettin' better every time i make it.

herbgirl,

caseball2051

Is it possible for this to sit too long? Ive been just gradually adding ABV into a bottle of vodka and shaking every once in a while.

does this have some kind of shelf life? If I chopped up some fruit the day before and added it woudl that work? anyone tried that?

caseball2051,

Rudy Rudiger

The longer it sits, the worse it will taste. No real change noticable in potency.

If you added fruit, I would imagine the fruit would absorb some of the tincture. If your interested in eating the fruit, then go for it.

Just my opinion.

Any plans for straining the ABV from the vodka bottle?

Rudy Rudiger,

Beezleb

I have no problem with it storing it. I keep it in the fridge, just keep it dark though as the light will degrade it.

I agree with Rudy on the fruit.

Beezleb,
Just made my first batch of swampwater using everclear 151, 6 grams abv of dank vaped via mlfb, cheesecloth, and dropper from old gingko goloba. soaked for a couple of hours, shaked, and strained. did a water bath to evaporate.

Taking a dropper under the tongue was terrible. Put another dropper full in a little gatorade and went down a lot better.

:cool:

preytotrey,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Just made my first batch of swamp water with 10g of Volcano/SSV/NO2 ABV (only medical grade mj) and 91 alcohol. I used the "fast" simmering method + 1 night final evaporation.
1 Ml. in my night decaf. and I'm vaked :ko: + my night was a dream!

FLskwat,

SundayVaper

Hi, I made my first batch a few days ago...

Put everclear in a mason jar with about 14g of MFLB and EQ abv, let it sit about 1 1/2 hrs, occasionally shaking. After that I strained with cheese cloth into a large bowl and just put the bowl in the garage to evap. Well, I forgot about it and found it today and there was just a BLACK film all over the bowl, which I scraped out into a huge ball. I'm assuming this is just a big ball of resiny hash, but being that it's black did I not filter it out good enough with the cheese cloth? And what should I do with it now? Just vape it?

SundayVaper,

Beezleb

Its all good Sundayvapor. You can smoke it, kinda difficult to use or you can even slowly add some more alcohol to it and it will dissolve back into the liquid.

Typically this is potent.

Beezleb,

SundayVaper

Beezleb said:
You can smoke it

Ok, so I did this...

Beezleb said:
Typically this is potent.

And confirmed this.

I'm completely split and actually even though I smoked it, I got a lot more of a heady, energetic high. I'm assuming this is because I don't really vape my herb that dark. I think I yielded about 1 1/2-2g... only been vaping for about 2 months, so it was my first reclamation prize.

SundayVaper,

ChickenSurfer

Hey all, just back in with some reporting. I did my first SSV wand clean the other day - and damn, that thing was RES'd UP! Luckily, I was able to do most of the cleaning with just a few oz. of some 190 proof, so it fit nicely into an eye-dropper bottle (from the container store). I've done a bit of experimenting with dosages, and one dropper-full is just enough for a light buzz for a couple hours. Two droppers and it's a much more solid stone. Three... well I'll report back on that in a few hours, haha.

I plan on continuing to make these tinctures, hopefully to have around all the time. They really are just so convenient. I wanted to see just how much was in a dropper, so instead of putting it directly under my tongue this last time I put the 3 squirts into a shot glass - filled it up about 25% of the way. I am just amazed at how little of this liquid it takes to get me goin.

This particular batch of golden dragon had alot more 'roughage' in it, and that may be why it tastes a bit fouler than the last. Still, considering how easy this method is in comparison to cooking, I can't believe it isn't more common!

ChickenSurfer,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
So as I stated previously, I have done my 1st batch of swamp water:

10 g of ABV (fairly brown, I really thaught I couldnt get much more out of it, though it's only AAA grade MJ) from the Cano, the SSV and the NO2.

Some 91 alcohol from the drugstore.

A mason jar.

An old white T-shirt.

A dropper amber bottle (middle size).

Cover the ABV with the alcohol (1cm over the ABV) in the closed mason jar. Put the jar in the freezer during 20 mn, shaking every 5 mn.
At the same time, put some water into a pot on the heater till it boils. Then put the mason jar in the boiling water. You want the alcohol to simmer gently (60 to 70C in the mason jar). Stay at this temperature for 40 mn, stirring frequently. The alcohol will have evaporated quite a lot. Take out the mason jar, filter the liquid through the T-shirt and let the filtered tincture cool down during 2 hours in a dark place.

There you are: 40 ml of super dark dark brownish green swamp water. :cool:

1 dropper full (as my bottle is quite big, it must represent 1,5 Ml. to 2 Ml.) in a cup of coffee, in a fruit juice or in a yoghurt will give me a HEAVY buzz (body & head) for approx. 4 hours, and Ill sleep like a baby afterwards! 2 droppers fulltotally vaked! And I have VERY HIGH TOLERANCE!

Again thx for all the infos on this thread, Im stocked with the efficiency of this thing!!!

FLskwat,

Beezleb

A little concerned. You said you bought it from a drug store. Drinking alcohol correct?

If you bought ISO alcohol do not drink it. That can only be used with the alcohol totally removed and will be in a sticky hard to use base.

Beezleb,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Hh, THX FOR YOUR CONCERN man, but lucky for me it's only a translation issue! :lol:
I live in France, and we have "pharmacies", which I translated with drugstore. Officially ethanol absolute, or 90 + alcohol cannot be sold to individuals by more then 250 Ml as it is "drinkable" and people would abuse it easily!
But I have a friendly "pharmacist" who gave me a 1L. amber bottle of absolute ethanol saying "whenever you need more, just ask and I'll fill the bottle"...BTW: 9 /1L. ...AWESOME!;)

FLskwat,

baurman

How much is exactly 2 drops? would that be about 1 teaspoon worth which will get me totally vaked?
And also What if I doubled it and took 4 drops, would it get me even more stoned or would it just be a waste?

baurman,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
baurman said:
How much is exactly 2 drops? would that be about 1 teaspoon worth which will get me totally vaked?
And also What if I doubled it and took 4 drops, would it get me even more stoned or would it just be a waste?

As I said, I'm talking about 2 droppers full from a medium size amber "dropper" bottle. So the full "dropper" should be: 1,5 Ml. x 2= 3Ml.
Then to convert into teaspoons, enjoy the maths:
http://www.botanical.com/botanical/cvcookix.html
;)

And, yes with my tincture... more drops = more effect!

FLskwat,

baurman

My attempt at some Swamp Water....
I put an ounce of ABV with some stems in a glass jar and filled it up with Bacardi 151. Here's how it sits...
IMG_9078.jpg

My plans are to just shake it everyday and let it sit for a month. Hopefully it's as easy as it sounds. Will the alcohol naturally evaporate as time goes by or should I set it on top my external hard drive that omits a little heat? I want to get this as potent as possible so I could just put a few drops under my tongue and get stoned while I'm in in class.

baurman,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
With high grade alcohol: you don't need to let it sit for a month: an hour is enough, more will only add particulates in your SW... IMO, taste will be harsher with no added effect
If you want to do, drinkable rhum with MJ flavor and effect, you're good (even longer stay, like 4 months +)...if it's for specific swamp water, not so sure!

Oh and alcohol will only evaporate if you open the lid...(if you do this slow evaporation method, put the jar in a dark place as light affects the tincture!)

FLskwat,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
baurman, you are going to want to strain your herbal "matter" out of your swampwater before evaporating it down. After that, you can evap it down as much as you want. Be careful and keep an eye on it....alcohol evaporates faster than you would think. It is easy to end up with a sticky glob.

momofthegoons,

baurman

I just assumed that the longer it sits the more potent it gets by absorbing more THC in time. So since I'm using 151, all the THC will have absorbed in an hour already any longer is just a waste? I don't want to take shots, I just want to put it in a liquid dropper and be able to get stoned by just a few drops. I'm doing this for portability, so I don't want to have to consume a lot of the alcohol to feel the effects.

After I strain all the herb and left with just the alcohol, wouldn't evaporating it mean evaporating THC too? I was thinking of letting it sit in front of a fan and monitor it until the liquid gets to about half of the bottle then I can put it in a liquid dropper and test it out....

I'm really excited to try this, my goal is to make it so a teaspoon worth would be good enough to set me off for a few hours. I don't care much for the alcohol so I don't want to be taking shots, just a teaspoon so thats why I want to evaporate it, but I'm confused because I read that evaporating the alcohol means evaporating THC as well.

baurman,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
baurman said:
I just assumed that the longer it sits the more potent it gets by absorbing more THC in time. So since I'm using 151, all the THC will have absorbed in an hour already any longer is just a waste? I don't want to take shots, I just want to put it in a liquid dropper and be able to get stoned by just a few drops. I'm doing this for portability, so I don't want to have to consume a lot of the alcohol to feel the effects.
Then yes, to me 1 hour, stirring the mix every 10 mn...is IMHO enough (I do it with Everclear, so with 151, maybe 90 mn as it is a little less strong??)

baurman said:
After I strain all the herb and left with just the alcohol, wouldn't evaporating it mean evaporating THC too? I was thinking of letting it sit in front of a fan and monitor it until the liquid gets to about half of the bottle then I can put it in a liquid dropper and test it out....

Nop, that's the concept: alcohol evaporates, not thc. So if you've got 91 alcohol: it's more or less: 90% ethanol /10% water. You can evaporate 100% of the ethanol (fast method: double boiler/slow method: fan in a dark place) + you can evaporate 100% of the water...But if you do that 100% evaporation, you'll get sticky qwiso at the end. So it's about dosing your evaporation.
As Mom stated: be careful during the evaporation process, or it can go beyond te point of consistence you wanted to achieve in a few minutes and of course, always strain the alcohol + goodies before any chosen evaporation method!

baurman said:
I'm really excited to try this, my goal is to make it so a teaspoon worth would be good enough to set me off for a few hours. I don't care much for the alcohol so I don't want to be taking shots, just a teaspoon so thats why I want to evaporate it, but I'm confused because I read that evaporating the alcohol means evaporating THC as well.

Exactly the same here: I want to get a 4 hour buzz with 1 dropper full and totally vaked with 2, I don't drink alcohol and want a liquid consistency, that I can add to any edibles... And that's what I've got with each batch, and I always carry more or less 50 Ml at home! Just go through the previous pages, and you'll have the exact evaporation timings. ;)

FLskwat,

baurman

Thanks for all your help! So right now I just strained the ABV and filtered it. so now I'm left with just pure liquid and no left-over shake. Now im just gonna leave the cap off for about 12 hours under my bed for evaporation.

swamp.jpg

baurman,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Your welcome. It looks great. Now you just have to remember the starting level of your strained liquid in the jar.
If 50% evaporates: then it's 75 alcohol/2= 37,5. That's the approximate alcohol degree of your remains after evaporation.
IF 75% evaporates: 18,75
ETC...

Enjoy!

FLskwat,
Top Bottom