Swamp Water / Golden Dragon a use for your abv/avb

Beezleb

Lo said:
lol, strength varies greatly from batch to batch. I would suggest testing dosage at home when you don't have to be anywhere. Results can vary from "I don't feel a thing" TO "Holy shit, I'm too damn high"

Generally my swamp water batches dose can vary from a tablespoon to a shot depending on how strong. I also find that evaporating off some of the alcohol allows for smaller doses.

Good luck and be careful!
I second this. I do not use boiling water when I do it though. I just dump the abv in the alcohol as the ABV is already ready to use from being through the vaporizing process. I see the cooking part used when people tend to make "green dragon" and do not want to wait the month or 2 for it to be ready. If you add herb to your abv than you would want to decarb it for sure in my opinion but if your using just abv for me I dont.

As Lo stated, strength is subjective. I have had knock your sox off to low level background. Literally drops needed to a shot or so needed. Keep in mind, its all initially dependent upon the quality of your abv. Also keep in mind that abv from mids will be different from abv from higher quality.

Beezleb,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
2Clicker:
With my first batch I dosed with exactly 1-1/2 ml in a 1/4 can of Dr. Pepper and it started to kick in about 1/2 hour later then climbed to a peak somewhere around 1:45 min - 2 hours, and lasted about 5-6 hours. This may have been one of the greatest buzz's that I have ever had WOW!! :o. If your batch is really concentrated be careful on the dosage. Start low and gradually increase, this is called titration.
Like Lo says, evaporating the alcohol off will increase the THC concentration proportionately and make for a stronger dose. I took my first batch and evaporated about 1/2 the alcohol and that resulted in a batch twice the strength. This would then allow me to take 1/2 the amount (0.75ml) of the first shot and get the same results. If I dosed with the same amount as first (1-1/2ml) that may provide a buzz that I wouldn't want or need. :ko:

Lycanthrope,

2clicker

Observer
Lo said:
I also find that evaporating off some of the alcohol allows for smaller doses.
yeah i was thinking about putting it through another water bath to evap some more alcohol out of it.

like i said i put 2 droppers full (just under a teaspoon) into a half a beer and slammed. i dont know for sure if what i was feeling was the tincture or the one-hits of God i took while waiting.

the ABV was mids so that could be my problem.

i wanted to try going the Golden route because i wanted to gain some experience doing this before using an 1/8 of fresh highs.

i will continue my research until i find a recipe that will allow me to carry a potent THC liquid whereever i want. small spray bottles maybe.

thanks everyone! the search continues...

2clicker,

vapirtoo

2clicker
Spray bottles indeed.
Just took a relative and his daughter to her college that is a six hour drive one way.
These folks are very staight and do not get high in any way.
I snuck a bottle of swamp water that was soaking for 24 hrs. along for the ride back. I mixed the swamp water with pepsi and stashed it in the cooler.

On the way back with uncle toe jam asleep, I drank the mix all in one gulp and held on for the effects.
I drove all the way back using the anxiety/stoned feeling to keep me awake and loving the ride! :ko: :lol: .

The high was intense and I had to keep my focus on driving, not looking for dumb shit in the cabin.

I was so vaped that when my phone rang , I was afraid of losing control of the car if I had answered! :o

My uncle woke up at the end of the ride and claimed it was the smoothest return trip he ever had. :lol:

If only he knew how smooth, he would have flipped his wig.
Swamp water is stealthy, watch out for the latent alcohol smell- in this case - rum.

This technique proved to be very successful with no detection of anything. :ninja:

vapirtoo,

2clicker

Observer
i still have about 2oz of this stuff. havent touched it since because i wasnt very happy with the results.

so i thought about giving it another water bath and evaping more everclear... maybe get it down to .5oz.

if i do that and the effects arent better then ill have to look into making a green version instead.

2clicker,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I have found evaporating out some of the alcohol is great for increasing potency and reducing the amount of alcohol I need to drink...plus - it tastes nasty so less is better in my book ;) Good luck!

This weekend we had company from NYC... While I was out my husband offered him some of my hard candy made from swamp water/golden dragon. Holy shit! When I got home our visiting friend was high as a kite! Barely remembered much of the evening and still felt buzzed when he woke up the next day. Of course he was ready for more candy when I saw him next :D It was a big hit and a big hitter!

Lo,

Beezleb

I also love to use it while traveling and visiting no herb areas and people. It has taken a big bite out of the work load the launch box used to do but I also from time to time make the quick green dragon tincture depending on the situation and need.

Beezleb,

Tuck

2clicker said:
i still have about 2oz of this stuff. havent touched it since because i wasnt very happy with the results.

so i thought about giving it another water bath and evaping more everclear... maybe get it down to .5oz.

if i do that and the effects arent better then ill have to look into making a green version instead.
I hope this isn't too late, but I would not do a waterbath. I'd just evaporate it down.

Your problem got me thinking about controlling dosage. For a fresh batch of swamp water, I was thinking if you evaporate it down to a muddy sludge like consistency. Then to get it back in liquid form, slowly add dropperfuls of everclear. counting them up, so you know exactly how many are in there. And add 1-2 drops per gram or even 3-4 drops per gram of ABV used. Then you know roughly how many drops would be about 1g of duff's worth of Swamp water.

Another option for controlling dosage is to be very careful about how much everclear you use. For instancee 1 oz is roughly 30ml. So if you used 2 oz then reduce it down to 1 oz, you'll have roughly 2ml (or 2 dropperfuls if you have 1ml dropper) per gram.

As for spraying, I don't know how well a delivery that will be over just using a dropper in a drink. If you are going for using it under the tongue, the general consensus is alcohol is too harsh. I've read about some people trying vegetable glycerin for that, but I've never tried it.

Tuck,

2clicker

Observer
Tuck said:
2clicker said:

I hope this isn't too late, but I would not do a waterbath. I'd just evaporate it down.

Your problem got me thinking about controlling dosage. For a fresh batch of swamp water, I was thinking if you evaporate it down to a muddy sludge like consistency. Then to get it back in liquid form, slowly add dropperfuls of everclear. counting them up, so you know exactly how many are in there. And add 1-2 drops per gram or even 3-4 drops per gram of ABV used. Then you know roughly how many drops would be about 1g of duff's worth of Swamp water.

Another option for controlling dosage is to be very careful about how much everclear you use. For instancee 1 oz is roughly 30ml. So if you used 2 oz then reduce it down to 1 oz, you'll have roughly 2ml (or 2 dropperfuls if you have 1ml dropper) per gram.

As for spraying, I don't know how well a delivery that will be over just using a dropper in a drink. If you are going for using it under the tongue, the general consensus is alcohol is too harsh. I've read about some people trying vegetable glycerin for that, but I've never tried it.
nah i havent done anything yet, but why let it evap by itself instead of the waterbath? what would the dif be other than time and effort?

as for the spray bottle... i only say that because this could be used right out in the open. anywhere really. pulling an eyedropper and bottle out in the open and dropping it into a drink just wouldnt work for certain situations. and im sure if it was potent enough and a couple or few quick sprays got me where i wanted to be that i could just deal with the taste. or try to use some fruit extracts or something with it.

2clicker,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I can tell you that when I did it I took appx a shots worth and that had me on the moon. (FWIW)

AGBeer,

Tuck

A water bath just seemed like a lot of extra effort when you could just leave it out for a day our two with no effort at all.

Tuck,

wthanna

Tuck said:
A water bath just seemed like a lot of extra effort when you could just leave it out for a day our two with no effort at all.

:D Boiling water is about as easy as it gets, when talking about things you can do in your kitchen.. :rolleyes:

wthanna,

gim

wthanna said:
:D Boiling water is about as easy as it gets, when talking about things you can do in your kitchen.. :rolleyes:

Some of us are just as likely to burn the place down boiling water as we are cooking a full dinner!
=(

gim,

2clicker

Observer
Tuck said:

i have no patience for waiting for something like this so i went the quick route

i have still yet do anything with it

2clicker,

Beezleb

Ive seen people say they have had made it well both ways. Due to its variances between batches its hard to say I think which way is better but for me, I let it evap and never went the quick route. I am comfortable in my belief that the end result is probably similar if done correctly.

Beezleb,

getvaked

i evaporated some green dragon made by washing my WDZ stems in everclear for some time now and today i evaporated it in a a shallow dish to increase potency and there is a green film around the edges that looks like hash.

is this stuff vapeable/smokable? looks exactly like QWISO

getvaked,

Tuck

I have. Actually my first attempt at qwiso, I used everclear rather than isopropyl. I figured if I messed it up I could cook with it without worrying about evaporating off everything. Since then, I have read that sometimes sugar in the everclear may not get evaporated out, which is why iso is preferred. I originally assumed iso was preferred because a bottle of it was significantly cheaper than a bottle of everclear.

Tuck,

Beezleb

Tuck said:
I have. Actually my first attempt at qwiso, I used everclear rather than isopropyl. I figured if I messed it up I could cook with it without worrying about evaporating off everything. Since then, I have read that sometimes sugar in the everclear may not get evaporated out, which is why iso is preferred. I originally assumed iso was preferred because a bottle of it was significantly cheaper than a bottle of everclear.

I do not consider ISO to be any part of the swamp water due to it being not ingestion friendly. I also am not sure I agree on the everclear about the sugar. I can see this with some of the rums and whatnot.

I made qwiso before I settled on swamp water as my abv recycle of choice hehe. Qwiso is just too difficult to collect and is more an irritant for me than its it worth but I am sure some make qwiso happily regularly.

Beezleb,

getvaked

just put the oil i scraped from the evaporation dish on some abv and vaped it through the bong. good stuff! really good hashy taste/high, im pretty surprised.

getvaked,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I have finally made my first batch of swamp water and have it reducing in a water bath in the crock pot as I type. This was a really easy process and hopefully will result in some magic peppermints! Since the ABV I used is from mids, I used quite a bit (about a cup) and enough 151 to cover and get it floating a bit in the jar.) I let it cure for about 3 - 4 hours, shaking occasionally. I strained it through two fine mesh strainers, which seems to be enough. I didn't use the potato ricer since I had ground the ABV up pretty fine in a food processor first and a coffee filter wasn't necessary. I'm going to use the microwave recipe that CompassRosie and Lo used successfully for the mints. There were no molds that would work at the candy store, so I will be using the greased pan/scoring method to make the candies and looking for some mini ice cube trays in the future. I was pleasantly surprised that the smell of the swamp water wasn't as bad as I thought it would be; mostly smells of the 151 with some herbal overtones. Haven't had the nerve to taste it "as is," however. If this is successful, I think a few of my friends will be receiving little tins of "Mom's Magic Mints" for Christmas.

momofthegoons,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Good luck Mom! I've made the candy recipe a few times now with very good results :D

I tried to find molds locally and had thought about ice cube trays but the goo is pretty darn hot and most of the trays I see are plastic. I found a couple things to experiment with at Michael's craft store. One was a silicone mini-brownie bite pan. I used it once and it worked very well though the candies are still a bit large so I scored to break each in 1/2. I also found a metal pan that does little heart shapes which I have not yet used but again I think the candies would be too big so I plan to score and make "broken heart" candies lol.

I've also done the glass pyrex pie plate and just poured the goo in and scored it to break into pieces...this works okay too.

I've also experimented with upping the amount of goodies I add. If I go too far the candies are much chewier and I've had really nice comments on the chewy version BUT....they are harder to keep from sticking back together even with the powdered sugar coated.

I had read something else I planned to try in the future on this site:
https://www.lorannoils.com/p-8754-microwave-hard-candy.aspx

*Another alternative is to pour the hot candy onto a heat-resistant surface covered in powdered sugar. When the candy is slightly cooled, it can be cut with well-oiled scissors into pillow-shaped pieces.

I've used both mint and cinnamon so far but have plans to experiment with lemon next ;)

Good luck! The big joke around here lately has been "got any candy" - It has been a HUGE hit amongst friends. This candy thing really deserves it's own thread I think ;) Thanks Rosie!! You rock!

Lo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Back to say that the candies were a huge success. I had a little bit of trouble when it came time to score and break them, so the pieces are all different sizes. But they work very well. My husband, who usually doesn't partake, was the chosen guinea pig since the rest of us had been vaping all day and were also still feeling a little of the effects from last night's brownies (not to say we all didn't have some too...) We've been laughing at him ever since. A type A personality, he's incapable of relaxing. Has to always be doing something. Well, he's been busy alright. Busy, but not productive, if you get my drift. :lol: He's wandering around with this tool or that, trying to remember what it was he was going to do with a big smile on his face. Yes, these are a definite keeper for the recipe box.

momofthegoons,

wolf torn

so impressed by this

over my buddies house yesterday and I thought of doing this

sure enough he had everclear so i put my finely ground duff into a mason jar, covered with the everclear. I left it in a dark spot over night, and shook it a few times.

This morning i put it in the oven (electric stove, wouldn't do it with gas - caution highly flammable) at 175degrees to have some quicker evaporation, wanted to bring the alcohol level down till it was more concerntrated.

Now I'm not sure just how much I have but if would prob fill a little dropper bottle or at least half way up.

Its just a small amount. I only used about a gram to a 1.5 or so of ABV.

But holy shit wow

I took a little over half a dropper, (Think I have 12 more doses like this size) Put in a small glass with coke and ice. Couldn't really taste it at all and wow, started to feel it hard after 40min and now its been a couple hours and I'm still right here looking at this view.

but ya, I'm floored right now wow!!!!

Only use high quality buds of course but I can't believe how potent this is.

Def going to be just making this for now on, less edibles. I could feel this on a much lower dose.

Like overs have talked about going to make sleep tincture with it. Already have my 2 favorite herbs in dropper bottles extracts anyways...just gonna add chamomile and passionflower extract to this and BAM that will be nice. And I could use it everynight this week and then some, just on used abv from the week.

wolf torn,
Top Bottom