Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

theasian

Official Asian
jimbo said:
theasian, think I used a 1/4 (.1ish) pack for the video and got 4-5 more good hits as I moved up the temps.

Alright thanks for the info. You get some solid rips indeed :ko: ... I'm hoping I get similar results, I would be more than thrilled ... and certainly vaped out of my mind :brow:

@NYC, Fair enough about the Illy haha, although I know you'll get around to video with it eventually ... It will certainly be epic! :D

theasian,

SD_haze

Without the thermometer it goes into super-janky mode. Looks quite silly :lol:

The thing is, the groove where the battery fits snug (the circle) makes it much easier to securely hold onto when using.

Honestly gotten used to heating it up without the thermometer, biggest difference is im taking more hot rips because its harder to stop early and heat up just enough to get maximum effciency.

Luckily because of the warranty it only cost me $2 out of pocket to send it back & get a new one, probably be another 3-6 days tho.

supremejanky.jpg

SD_haze,

theasian

Official Asian
Yeah, at least it crapped out on you BEFORE the warranty expired. I hope the next one you get gives you little to non problems.

theasian,

SD_haze

I'm going to follow a new rule:

never handle the supreme's wires while vaked
:doh:

SD_haze,

theasian

Official Asian
The strange thing I noticed about the ebay listing, is the price still remains at $200, but the purchase no longer includes the torch. I recall someone mentioning that he would reduce the price $10 bucks if you took out the torch ... so I'm surprised there was no price change ... I'll just shoot him an email and hopefully he be accommodating.

theasian,

Nycdeisel

Ok, so I have been using this thing on the daily for a few weeks(since I got it) and I just cant put this thing down.

The flavor that it produces for such large hits is really amazing, with this I feel like I am hitting a bong with fire, but it tastes great with such smooth and milky vapor, its unreal.

I really just cant stop hitting it, its so effective in the way that it vapes, its not the most efficient, but I dont see a large amount of waste, its just very easy for me to keep hitting and I do end up going through more herb this way, but thats more my personal habits and partially why I chose this vaporizer, for the satisfaction from these large bong like hits, and by no means do I consider it a waste to see large clouds from this vaporizer, thats what its made for after all, having said that you can tell by now that it does its job very well!

I havent even been that careful with it besides my glass and with the torch. for instance, I bang it around quite a bit, since I found I need to in order to get all of the herb out from the end, and I do flip it over and tap each side between hits to stir it up a bit, but I have not found this necessary, just another a habit of mine.

Only problems I have had have been heating it up too hot, which would be my own fault for not paying close enough attention to the readout, and scorching the edge of the wood block, which would also be my fault for not having the right aim sometimes. Neither of these things have damaged the function at all.

The new screen design, though I have not tried out the old one, seems to work quite well. I have not seen any real noticeable bits of plant matter in my water, only very tiny tiny particles that I saw in the water at a certain angle, I was surprised I could even see it with the naked eye!

I start most loads at around 280 on the dial give or take a little, and gradually increase by about 10 degrees each heat up until maybe 320, by which point the bowl is almost finished, and I empty the bud out, crush it, reload it and get one or two more decent hits and at that point it is done, and is a very thoroughly even brown color.

After I empty a finished bowl, I tap both sides of the wood body to get the last pieces out, and blow through the opening on the aluminum block(when its cool, duh!) to get the last of it out of the unit, then I brush away bits that have stuck to the orange silicon gasket and the screen and around the screen, and I often then blow into each end of the stem/screen, but blowing through it I notice doesnt get much of anything out, its mostly the brushing, with the way that the edges of the screen are shaped, it needs to be brushed to keep away the gunk, and you should not let it cool for too long or the herb will become dry and crispy and will be stuck in the screen and will be much harder to just brush away.

not really sure if I want to call this a review, anyway just my thoughts on it all and the way I use it.

Nycdeisel,

SD_haze

I really just cant stop hitting it, its so effective in the way that it vapes, its not the most efficient, but I dont see a large amount of waste, its just very easy for me to keep hitting and I do end up going through more herb this way, but thats more my personal habits and partially why I chose this vaporizer, for the same here couldnt have said it better

despite all the problems ive had there hasnt been a single day since I got it that I didnt use it multiple times a day and not use anything else.

One time I overheated it really bad, when the thermometer wasn't working, and it actually made the wood around the metal bowl rim a little black. Like, inside :/
Didn't seem to effect it much tho.

SD_haze,

theasian

Official Asian
Thanks for the reviews guys. I've been debating between the supreme and the VXC ... obviously there is a huge price difference so they are not directly comparable, but I'll probably end up going with the supreme because of budgeting .... I still have time to ponder.

SD, let us know when you get your new unit in, I'm hoping that you don't run into any problems!

It seems like any display problems result from extreme over heating or dislodging the wires via hitting the unit too hard while cleaning.

theasian,

SD_haze

theasian said:
It seems like any display problems result from extreme over heating or dislodging the wires via hitting the unit too hard while cleaning.

None of my display problems have been from overheating.
The first time was because apparently when the thermometers are in a "new environment" for the first time they can condense moisture in the battery or something. Simply taking the battery out & replacing fixes that.

Also, the wires dont dislodge with general use, I had that problem because the thermometer wasnt screwed in & was slightly ajar (to remove the moisture) AND i was vaporizing in a car without a light with someone who hadn't used it.

He was the one who held it wrong and dislodged it, and then when i went to get it back in later i broke it not being careful enough.

soooo a lot of silly easy-fix problems + one screw up on my part :ko:
(Not getting a new unit btw just new thermometer)

EDIT:
I just heard back from Ed, he said leaving the thermometer slightly ajar for the first two uses (with a new thermometer) should eliminate any display problems that could come up from excessive moisture.

SD_haze,

Nycdeisel

Hope all is well soon!

and an update for you fine vaporists

its hard to tell but I am actually pulling pretty damn hard

Nycdeisel,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Love the supreme milk shots NYC! I ended up accidentally grinding a big blob of bho into my grind and loaded it into the supreme whilst talking and not watching what I was doing.

The result was white walling my ehle with more vapor than i have ever seen and a lung busting hit. I have no idea how much bho made it into my grind, but I had to pick a lot of it out of my kannastor 4pc.. Only took the one hit from the supreme and it's still loaded for tonight. Last time I store big blobs of bho amongst my flowers. My friend loaded the glass vg and blew one huge cloud which quickly made him cough and tear up, followed by a big breath and slumping into the couch. Haha

Here's hoping I haven't gunked it up much. Will fire it up again after work and see how many more clouds I can get from the pack. Gee I slept so sound after that!

psyshaman,

Nycdeisel

Thanks man :D

I always try to put up the best vapor for you guys, especially when Im using such a device!

Sounds like youre in a sticky situation, hope it resolves itself!

I would just continue hitting it until you cant anymore, and then see how it looks inside with a flashlight

Nycdeisel,

theasian

Official Asian
Thanks for the new vids NYC.

And thanks for the comments psys ... I really need to try this thing out for myself ... :brow:

theasian,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
@theasian - No worries at all! Yes you really should try this amazing little vape. I purchased it as I wanted something to take anywhere off the grid that ripped as hard as my SSV...
The supreme exceeded my expectations and has almost made my SSV redundant. If you aren't daunted by handling a hot device and you want an experience that is (IME) as close to a rip on a combustion pipe as possible. Then (IMO) the Supreme vaporizer is a must have in any vaporizer enthusaists collection!!

psyshaman,

SD_haze

btw just got my honest torch from dealextreme.com

~wow~

it heats up insanely faster than my $20 bed bath & beyond microtorch.

def pick it up if you do order the supreme (asap, took like 20 days to get here hehe)

SD_haze,

SD_haze

(You can't see in the video but the ice catcher was full of ice too)

The supreme definitely rips & milks better with a single/smaller tube or bubbler, but with the percolator and especially the ice, milking it thick and holding it ~8 secs is very doable with no coughing :brow:

I definitely notice a taste difference between two water filtrations & direct from the mouthpiece.
I usually take the 1st hit or two without the bong at a low temp to get some fantastic flavor & get rid of any moisture, then crank it up and vaporbong the rest.

SD_haze,

Nycdeisel

Thanks Jimbo :D but I think you do them better :p

Liked the vid, haze! not dubstep.... drum n bass? not well versed in that genre of music :)

Nycdeisel,

SD_haze

Yeah drum n bass, I dont listen to that much electronic music but its all I had on my macbook
and it synched with the vid perfectly :razz:

SD_haze,

SD_haze

theasian said:
SD did you receive your replacement yet?
It ended up taking close to a week to actually get to Ed instead of 2-3 days because of 4th of july and he needed to get the broken one before sending the replacement.

But he just emailed me yesterday and it should be here tomorrow or thursday along with some spare parts I requested free'o'charge

By the way, I found out if the metal seems to rattle back and forth its from way overheating it. He said it doesnt affect performance until it becomes actually dislodged which would probably require constant overheating to combustion :lol:

SD_haze,
Top Bottom