Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
i have been going through this thread and i have learned a few more things.

the bowl is a lot bigger than it looks! i heard that its .4g! that is about 2x what i would normally smoke! no wonder i was :ko: after that!

so i have packed a half bowl and with better torch technique (used two :brow:) i enjoyed a quick 5 min. session, that did the trick. i still need to do more experimenting to find my favourite technique/results, but at least i know whats possible now. i am encouraged enough to keep vaping.

anyone tried the silicone sock idea? or is cardboard with duct tape and heat resistant paint on it the best heat shielding method?

for the people who have 'loose' heating exchangers - do you use a wood conditioner like buzz batter or something to keep the SV from drying out?

to me it looks like the bowl is pressure fit into the wooden block. i would think that keeping the wood conditioned would help eliminate the chances of it happening to mine. i'll let you know in 2 years!!

notmyrealUSERname,

Egzoset

Banned
Euh...

Can a Supreme vaporizer owner tell me if a magnet will stick to the metalic heat diffuser?

:science:

Egzoset,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
No it won't, aluminium is not magnetic.

*stinkmeaner beat me to it , should of refreshed before posting lol

Skunkypete,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Euh...

Can a Supreme vaporizer owner tell me if a magnet will stick to the metalic heat diffuser?

the body is wood. you could countersink a magnet or two without damaging the internals. then you can hang your SV on the fridge! wont momma be proud :lol:

does that count as a mod? :D

notmyrealUSERname,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi,

Perhaps i should have specified what's the reason behind that question.

:)

It's about Inductive Heating, i wanted to know if the Supreme Vaporizer can be used with a product similar to this:

Without a stainless steel pot on the plate, of course...

;)

After all, this would be "stealth" enough for most people and even those who have their domestic lives invaded by some close relative, IMO!

As a bonus, there would be NO FIRE at all and hence the air path would remain absolutely 100% as pure as the air you're used to breath in your house.

:D

Most unfortunately, it seems only ferro-magnetic metals work with inductive heating and aluminium isn't one of them.

:(

Egzoset,

Egzoset

Banned
Euh...

When i write "NO FIRE" this includes the risk resulting from proximity to a flame and that of getting burned: the plate remains cold to the touch during operation...

As for purity, i was thinking of soot (etc.) but induction heating wouldn't change a thing to the fact that the air path still includes metal in a case comparable to the present one.

:peace:

Egzoset,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
i am loving the the versatility of the sv! if you want need a quick blast - heat it hot - 375 or so then pull through your biggest tube. :ko: in 2 min!

when you got time and can enjoy yourself, start at 280, then heat another 20f, and pull until the temp drops to 280, reheat 20f higher than before. it will take a while but it will be worth it.

you get lots of good blue vapor in the beginning, :brow: and lots of white *coughing* clouds when the temps get close to 380 - along with some popcorn taste.

apparently, the iolite and other fixed temp vapes are set at approx. 375f. i think my sv must read a little low because my iolite can't produce anywhere near the amount of vapor that the sv can, at 380f. the sv isn't as tasty the iolite at 380f though.

notmyrealUSERname,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I never hit my S above 335 tops. The temp maybe creeping only that high when i let off a little too late on the flame. As i usually let off around 315 at the end of my session, and start off at 270. In my opinion, you will get plenty of vapor in this range. Herb come out almost ideal, browned lightly throughout.

IAmKrazy2,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
IAmKrazy2 said:
I never hit my S above 335 tops. The temp maybe creeping only that high when i let off a little too late on the flame. As i usually let off around 315 at the end of my session, and start off at 270. In my opinion, you will get plenty of vapor in this range. Herb come out almost ideal, browned lightly throughout.

when you say the herb comes out 'almost ideal, lightly browned' - what do think it's ideal for?

if i vape some product in my iolite i get much lighter coloured abv then i do when i vape at much lower temps (335f max as per iak2) in the sv. also, i get less clouds and less overall satisfaction with the iolite. so why is it that i seem to be getting less from a 'higher temp vape' (iolite)?

on a side note, i let someone else operate my sv for the first time. unfortunately, it was after he had already been vaped for the first time ever! he looks at me and says "dude, i thought you said this thing wasn't supposed to smoke?" :o i look over, and he's burning the wood with the torch. :mad:

whatever, no harm done. we all gotta start somewhere... and i am, certainly, still a beginner.

notmyrealUSERname,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
One thing you have to keep in mind notmyrealUSERname is that the SV thermometer tells you the temperature of the heat exchanger at the point of the probe not the temperature of the air going through the exchanger. So even if it says 380 on the thermometer that is not the temperature you are vaping at. It's probably much higher then that.

Skunkypete,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Skunkypete said:
One thing you have to keep in mind notmyrealUSERname is that the SV thermometer tells you the temperature of the heat exchanger at the point of the probe not the temperature of the air going through the exchanger. So even if it says 380 on the thermometer that is not the temperature you are vaping at. It's probably much higher then that.

so what your saying is - that the air going through the herb chamber is hotter than what the therm. is actually reading, therefore, the therm. is underestimating the actual temp during inhalation. correct?

if so, then how many degrees should you 'add' to get a realistic vaping temp? i would like to be able to take the meds to 430f. in order to get all the active ingredients. then i won't have to worry about making edibles, or doing anything extraneous with the abv.

i have tried cooking the abv in butter. but i am afraid that the effects of the butter will be too much for me to handle with any regularity. eventually, i will have too much butter and not enough appetite. i tried rolling abv joints and they are not good. :( i guess i will try a qwiso wash next. and if that doesn't work out for the better, then i will end up using it as fertilizer.

there is certainly more to vaping then just 'not combusting'. i am still trying to optimize my vaping experience. right now i feel like a legally blind guy with a white cane, leading the totally blind, (other people i know, who put up with my vaping enthusiam) on a journey to nirvanna. or at least thats where i am hoping to end up, with all this vaping!!

notmyrealUSERname,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
notmyrealUSERname said:
so what your saying is - that the air going through the herb chamber is hotter than what the therm. is actually reading, therefore, the therm. is underestimating the actual temp during inhalation. correct?

Yes that is what I'm saying.

notmyrealUSERname said:
if so, then how many degrees should you 'add' to get a realistic vaping temp? i would like to be able to take the meds to 430f. in order to get all the active ingredients. then i won't have to worry about making edibles, or doing anything extraneous with the abv.

I'd say it varies but if calibrated correctly for the optimal temp range that Ed's recommends I'd say it's probably around 50-60F more. This is guesstimating by assuming the max temp he goes for is 390F. Anything over 400F is not as good for your health since benzene starts to release past that temperature.

notmyrealUSERname said:
i have tried cooking the abv in butter. but i am afraid that the effects of the butter will be too much for me to handle with any regularity. eventually, i will have too much butter and not enough appetite. i tried rolling abv joints and they are not good. :( i guess i will try a qwiso wash next. and if that doesn't work out for the better, then i will end up using it as fertilizer.

I like tincture and gelatin capsules. But yeah the abv does tend to accumulate unless you like to cook and give baked goods to friends a lot.

Skunkypete,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
I'd say it varies but if calibrated correctly for the optimal temp range that Ed's recommends I'd say it's probably around 50-60F more. This is guesstimating by assuming the max temp he goes for is 390F. Anything over 400F is not as good for your health since benzene starts to release past that temperature.

would it be possible to combust with the sv if the temp. displayed HI? i have read that some users like to push it this far.

also, i understand that there will still be some good stuff left in the 375f abv, but will there be anything worth reclaiming in 440f abv?

i think i will look into gel caps after i try the qwiso. thanks for the tips.

notmyrealUSERname,

greystr0ke

Goodlife101 said:
2) does anyone ever burn themselves with this bad boy looks like it could be problematic for some portable situations

I had a pretty nice burn mark on my arm for quite some time. :/

greystr0ke,

Wolface

The Supreme is amazing! I have had mine a year now and not burned myself once. Never had a thermometer issue, still on the original battery. I mostly use the MFLB & PD for daily drivers but, if you really wanna party, Break out the Supreme and let the vapor clouds fly! It really is a kick-ass vape IMHO!

Wolface,

stinkmeaner

Goodlife101 said:
so been poking around lately and i am very interested in the supreme as my next portable choice... i have a LB and i owned a vapman and i was maybe thinking about the lotus until i took a better look at the supreme... looks like a solid portable and i like the digital temp display and after doing a little more research i am very interested just had a couple quick questions...
1) i noticed some peoples thermometers go out, how long do they typically last and how hard/expensive to replace?
2) does anyone ever burn themselves with this bad boy looks like it could be problematic for some portable situations
3) how long does it take to cool down the heating element for transport or to slip it in my pocket or would it even fit?

Only a handful of vaporizers can match the hit quality of the Supreme and even less can match the efficiency. This is a vaporizer that you can grow with so to speak, because the hit quality is so good and there are so many uses: (direct draw, whip, waterpipe/bubbler) I find this is the one vaporizer I never get tired of.

Some might think using a lighter is a drawback, but I actually enjoy the process because it reminds me of smoking, plus you heat then inhale you don't inhale any butane. The Vapman & Lotus also have this feature, but I am willing to bet that they don't produce nearly the vapor cloud thickness, they just don't have the heat exchanger design to compete, but you do pay a little extra for it so you have to decide on your budget.

1) The thermometer is not an issue, my friend and I bought our Supreme's together over a year ago and neither one of us have had to replace anything.

2) Don't worry about burning yourself, I mean nearly all vaporizers can burn you, just don't touch the hot spots, basically use your head.

3) The heat exchanger cools to the touch somewhere around 2-3 min maybe less, a good thing to buy is an Ove Glove which is made of Nomex and Kevlar fabric, I use one of these that I had already: http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,6559.html Just pop the Supreme safely inside and you can transport without burning yourself.

stinkmeaner,

dlownaughtysauce

I've never posted before but I just had to chime in about the Supreme Vaporizer. I've been reading the message board here for a little while now and have used it as my primary source for vaporizer research. So far, fuckcombustion.com has been an essential and honest source. The people here attempt to avoid the hot air suffocating other mediums discussing vaporizers. From what I can tell this website is not owned by any vaporizer manufacturer or distributor. It is in this grassroots vein that I hope to contribute.

As it stands I personally own a MFLB, VHW w/ beaker bottom kink pipe ice binger, and a Supreme Vaporizer. I have used the Valcano extensively in the past. At one time I owned a Vapor Genie. I have also used the Silver Surfer and an Iolite that friends own.

Out of all these vaporizers I prefer the Supreme Vaporizer. While people much smarter than I can explain to you the science of the heating element, the verdict over at my house is this: hit for hit & quantity for quantity the Supreme Vaporizer is the best. Some vaporizers are difficult to rate, and there are a plethora of categories one could muster. If the primary concern prior to purchase is "intensity of vapor delivered" then I would highly recommend this vaporizer.

Beyond this vaporizers intensity, in my opinion, this is the only vaporizer I would ever recommend to a smoker making the transition into vaporizing. For those of you who are making such a transition the Supreme allows flame, portability, and in my opinion equivalent intensity of combusting comparable herbs. A select few vaporizers can medicate in similar intensity to the supreme, but they all require an electrical outlet (as far as i know, please let me know if there is one that doesnt). For me, when I was making the transition into vaporizing from years of medical use of marijuana by combustion via bong loads and blunts, it was hard to find a vaporizer that didn't go against everything I knew about marijuana consumption. The idea of hovering around an electrical outlet and feeding weed to a machine and hoping to get high was entirely foreign and blasphemous. To me and everyone I know, cannabis is about being out in nature. I couldn't imagine a world where I would walk my dog or go camping without cannabis. How was I to fully switch over to vaporizing if I couldn't even do it while I checked the surf in the morning? And most of all, how was I going to switch over to vaporizing if I could not get equivalent effects of combustion at home and away?

This was from where I began my quest to find the vaporizer that is "right for me". This idea is a great one that is promoted throughout this site. While I have not tried the "log vape" design, and I reallllly want to, I feel like I have tried enough vaporizers to know the Supreme is for me.

To put it as simple as I can and repeating others: the Supreme Vaporizer gives you Valcano or VHW intensity anywhere.

I haven't used my other vaporizers since I got this unit on 12/16/10.

Stinkmeaner that kevlar glove is genius! Although, I haven't noticed the need for such a thing. Routinely, and I mean multiple times a day as this vape is my go-to, after using this vaporizer I will wait about thirty seconds and place it into the sock it comes with and then into my pocket. I have not had any problems. Also, if I am wearing a hooded sweatshirt I sometimes just pop it in there when I am done and let it cool that way. I honestly just feel a nice warmth in my jean pocket. Either way, if I just wait and hold it in my hand for about 3 minutes it is OK to touch. I am not saying this is a harmless unit, but my honest feeling is I could get burned just as easy using my wand. It's really a non-issue for me.

The Supreme Vaporizer was something I stumbled upon by the grace of this site, and I am glad I did. I saw the videos put up on youtube of incredible milk to the dome and I just had to see for myself. At first it was hard for me to imagine that this unit could perform like reported. But in true fuckcombstion.com fashion it was as the contributors said it was.

As my good friend who combusts well over an 1/8th of medical cannabis every day said, "Why haven't I heard of this before!?!?"

And there lies perhaps the main problem with the Supreme Vaporizer: few are aware it exist.

This post if for those who are looking for a quality vaporizer but perhaps will overlook the Supreme because it doesn't get the level of discussion other vaporizers do. Know this: the Supreme Vaporizer is the preferred method of consumption to me and everyone I show it to.

I apologize in advance as I was using the supreme while i wrote this.

dlownaughtysauce,

Wolface

I am guessing version #2 of the Supreme might include some sort of insulated heat exchanger cover or perhaps a fitted Ove Glove type of case for the entire unit. That way,existing units could be upgraded if one wished. I'm just guessing here.

Wolface,

sam urai

I love the fact with the supreme you have pretty accurate control of how you cook your urb. "How would like your smoke rings prepared sir?" 270, 300, 330, all the above! I prefer to keep things simple and use it with a syn 12" 38mm bore tube, which works great for me. Alternatively using the plastic tubing provided gives it more of a cigar type experience, where you can pull in air to keep the bowl alive, before having to reheat.

I have never burned myself with the supreme and overemphasize to everyone using it, 'THE WOOD IS YOUR FRIEND.'

VERY SATISFIED AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE.

sam urai,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Wolface said:
I am guessing version #2 of the Supreme might include some sort of insulated heat exchanger cover or perhaps a fitted Ove Glove type of case for the entire unit. That way,existing units could be upgraded if one wished. I'm just guessing here.

is there any info about version#2 thats been made public? has anyone seen it or heard any progress reports?

notmyrealUSERname,

jimbo

winterize
Gotta say I'm loving the Supreme! Picked it up back in September and still can't believe the size
of the hits I can get and how well they taste. Did a vid with the Supreme at around 290f and half
pack of meds, great vape! If version 2 ever comes out, I'll be picking it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnkam7HulSY

jimbo,
Top Bottom