Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I have been using a LOT of herb getting the hang of this thing. I think I am just afraid of combusting, so I reload more often then I should
In my experience you can change the flame length to regulate the maximum temperature. With a smaller flame it is almost impossible for me to combust, even if I get very aggressive with the torch.

My eagle torch died after a couple days haha. Gonna go pick up a couple new ones after lunch today
Did you try purging and refilling? Turn it upside down, hold it away from your body and face, and press the valve with a ballpoint pen or small screwdriver etc.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
@Vapor_Eyes I am very new to torch lighters. I had refilled it once and then it only seemed to light every 10 tries or so. I might try purging and refilling again. I find the button a little too stiff for my liking. It also doesn't seem to make much difference when I adjust output. I kept it at the lowest.

The vertigo triple torch I got with my vapcap is way too powerful and eats butane.

pushpaw

@Vapor_Eyes I am very new to torch lighters. I had refilled it once and then it only seemed to light every 10 tries or so. I might try purging and refilling again. I find the button a little too stiff for my liking. It also doesn't seem to make much difference when I adjust output. I kept it at the lowest.

The vertigo triple torch I got with my vapcap is way too powerful and eats butane.
I am also new to torch lighters, and my Eagle torch also died within the first week. I knew that I was going to want a better torch anyway even as I ordered, so I had also ordered a Scorch Matador and it arrived the day after I was sure the Eagle was toast. (The Eagle had started sputtering and being difficult to light even though there was still some liquid in the tank. It had arrived with butane in it. I purged it and refilled, but even full it was still the same.) The Matador has been working great so far, and is capable of a much bigger flame than is required.

I also got these lighters as they were inexpensive and I had seen them recommended elsewhere. They are also pretty great, and it only took about a week for them to show up. Flame size they are sort of in between the Matador and the Eagle, but more towards the Matador. The flame adjustment is easier on these ones. On the Matador you need a small screwdriver, but helpful hint: the scoop end of the metal stir stick that comes with the Sticky Brick is perfect for this.

It seems that no matter which torch (and they all seem to get mixed reviews on Amazon) you need to gradually adjust the strength up as the tank empties.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
These are my favorites period, on all my butane vapes. They just keep going and going.
I actually bought these based on your recommendation in the Daisy thread, thanks! :tup:

I broke the plastic flame adjustment dial on one of these today. I figured I'd try to use the Brick's stir stick to turn the dial. Needless to say it didn't work out too well.

The great thing is, it's even easier to adjust the flame now. Now I like the Xing more than ever!

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I have to say I recently got @Ratchett 's scoop-n-stir tool and it is really well suited for this vape. It was a little pricey so I avoided buying it before but it fits my routine perfectly. The scoop and stir ends both fit perfectly in the bowl. I tend to take chunks and throw them in so I use the scoop end to stir usually and the stir end to break up some of the bigger chunks. When I do use ground up stuff (from free pre-rolls) the scoop is a good size for the bowl (decent dose size for me too) and the stir end is great. I love my little earwax cleaner tool still and will still use it, but this was designed specifically for this stuff and it shows.
IMG_0312__85077.1434940280.1280.1280.JPG

I was going to post this in the other thread too, hopefully it's not spammy.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Hey everyone I just want to let you know that @StickyBricks has been real busy prepping for champs. There is also a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on including moving to a new Lab. If anyone has reached out to him and haven't gotten a response its for these very reasons. With that being said anyone can reach out to me anytime for anything SBL related.
He will be on FC soon with an update.

:peace:
Slow Draw

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Hey everyone,

Hope your week has been going well. I wanted to let everyone know that any items purchased after Sept. 22, 2016 will have a 7 day delay on shipping due to Sticky Brick Labs attending Champs Trade Show in Denver, Colorado. Booth#329
So you have until this coming Thursday to get anything ordered and shipped. We apologize for any inconvenience this will cause anyone.
Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Peace,
Slow Draw

Last edited:

StickyBricks

Manufacturer
Hey everyone, I miss you, the threads, and fc in general. I just had to poke my head in here to say hello in the midst of our crazy busy time. Rest assured I'll be back posting after Champs and look forward to actually having some free time to enjoy all your posts and mods and everything else I've been missing from this wonderful community. Thanks for all the support and feel free to hit me or @Slow Draw McGraw up any time, even when I can't be posting regularly.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
It's my thousandth post, I wanted to celebrate in this thread. As I type this I'm enjoying some chocolope in my Brick.

Infatuation: A Love Story

I'm not sure what made her catch my eye. She's a big girl, that's not usually my type. This one was just so beautiful though, and her large size intrigued me.

I liked her as soon as I met her. When we first started hanging out, she played hard to get a little bit. It didn't take long for me to charm her though.

I started hanging out with her more and more, neglecting my other friends. The more time we spent together the more I figured out what made her tick, which only made me more infatuated. I loved the way she felt in my hands, it was so comforting.

It wasn't long before I was in full blown love. I would sing her praises to anyone who'd listen. We had become very comfortable around each other at this point. I felt like I knew everything about her.

I don't want to make this a dirty story, but let's just say her performance in the bedroom was amazing. She was very adventurous too, we did it all over the house and even in public sometimes.

Just recently I figured out a new technique for our intimate moments, and I am stunned with the results. Her performance is even better than before, even though that shouldn't be possible. We reach a symmetry together that is beautiful, and something I haven't ever experienced before.

7EsdyCW.jpg

I have had many loves in the past, and it's very difficult to pick favorites. That being said, I do think my Sticky Brick is now my favorite vape. It's always been right up there at the top, but my new technique catapults it ahead of the pack.

I first learned the technique on the Junior. I use a strong flame, a little over an inch long, and place it in the sweet spot of my intake, the outer flame just flush with the intake. I keep the carb closed the whole time I'm heating until I clear the hit.

As soon as I see vapor I increase my draw speed as much as possible. I find this completely eliminates hot spots until the very end of the bowl.

I get that lovely immediate visual feedback with the vapor production, you see the vapor immediately start to thin, and then build up again. You can tweak torch placement a little bit if you find it's too thin or if you can't draw fast enough and it's too thick. I think it's a slow draw that causes hot spots.

You can push it very hard with long sustained hits and no fear of scorching if done properly. They aren't as long as my hits from before because of the increased draw speed, but they are huge and the vapor is more dense than it used to be since the carb stays closed.

This technique is not quite as tactile and fun as feathering the carb and constantly adjusting the torch, but it is more consistent and gives a more even extraction, with better flavor, and much more potent hits in my experience. My Brick was already a heavy hitter, now it's downright dangerous lol.

jrcmang

@Vapor_Eyes you've blown my mind with this new technique. I read about it a few days ago over in the brick jr. thread. Didn't get around to giving it a shot until reading your post today.

Well shit....everything I thought I knew about brick technique went out the window. Just tried it out and each rip I would open up expecting some sort of hot spot or charring. Nope. Nothing whatsoever other than even roasting. I'm so fucking ripped right now off the last bowl using the new technique. Cashed the bowl in 7 rips and I have to agree that the roasting is more even. I'm a convert on this method for sure....thanks for sharing! My afternoon just got immensely more interesting. Now onto further experimentation.

Edit...this new technique has me that much more pumped about the hydrobrick. I was thinking about how I was going to incorporate my carbing technique but this way I can just rip hard then remove the torch for the carb.

Last edited:

6079Smith

It's my thousandth post, I wanted to celebrate in this thread. As I type this I'm enjoying some chocolope in my Brick.

I'm not sure what made her catch my eye. She's a big girl, that's not usually my type. This one was just so beautiful though, and her large size intrigued me.

I liked her as soon as I met her. When we first started hanging out, she played hard to get a little bit. It didn't take long for me to charm her though.

I started hanging out with her more and more, neglecting my other friends. The more time we spent together the more I figured out what made her tick, which only made me more infatuated. I loved the way she felt in my hands, it was so comforting.

It wasn't long before I was in full blown love. I would sing her praises to anyone who'd listen. We had become very comfortable around each other at this point. I felt like I knew everything about her.

I don't want to make this a dirty story, but let's just say her performance in the bedroom was amazing. She was very adventurous too, we did it all over the house and even in public sometimes.

Just recently I figured out a new technique for our intimate moments, and I am stunned with the results. Her performance is even better than before, even though that shouldn't be possible. We reach a symmetry together that is beautiful, and something I haven't ever experienced before.

7EsdyCW.jpg

I have had many loves in the past, and it's very difficult to pick favorites. That being said, I do think my Sticky Brick is now my favorite vape. It's always been right up there at the top, but my new technique catapults it ahead of the pack.

I first learned the technique on the Junior. I use a strong flame, a little over an inch long, and place it in the sweet spot of my intake, the outer flame just flush with the intake. I keep the carb closed the whole time I'm heating until I clear the hit.

As soon as I see vapor I increase my draw speed as much as possible. I find this completely eliminates hot spots until the very end of the bowl.

I get that lovely immediate visual feedback with the vapor production, you see the vapor immediately start to thin, and then build up again. You can tweak torch placement a little bit if you find it's too thin or if you can't draw fast enough and it's too thick. I think it's a slow draw that causes hot spots.

You can push it very hard with long sustained hits and no fear of scorching if done properly. They aren't as long as my hits from before because of the increased draw speed, but they are huge and the vapor is more dense than it used to be since the carb stays closed.

This technique is not quite as tactile and fun as feathering the carb and constantly adjusting the torch, but it is more consistent and gives a more even extraction, with better flavor, and much more potent hits in my experience. My Brick was already a heavy hitter, now it's downright dangerous lol.

Bravo! :clap: Came for the romance, stayed for the technique

Love comes in all sizes, my friend- I think I may just know her sista from anotha mista.. regardless

vxcOhQr.jpg

She's well put together, everybody knows, this is how the story goes
She's mighty-mighty..

Transmission aborted, tests must be conducted. Forthwith.

Edit: I forgot, congrats and happy 1000th! Always enjoy your posts

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X

7EsdyCW.jpg

Happy THOUSANDTH!!!

will give your technique a shot...we frequent some of the same corners!

Great post too!

jrcmang

Happy THOUSANDTH!!!

will give your technique a shot...we frequent some of the same corners!

Great post too!

You have to give it a shot. I was initially skeptical because the last thing I wanted was charring and combustion but I went with it and holy shit...brick and brick jr. just moved up a level. This technique really makes them shine that much more. I have noticed that if I get a little over-zealous with my first two rips that I will end up cashing out a bowl in 4-5 rips max. So if you want a longer session watch it on those first draws. Still haven't got any combustion/charring/hot spots with this technique.

Another added benefit I've noticed is that the buildup on the ss part of the top chamber seems much improved. It would always get pretty gunked with lots of debris and I would just scrap it off. With this method the buildup seems greatly reduced. I'm thinking it has something to do with the enormous airflow now moving through. Or I could just be really baked and imagining things...I did just give my brick a good cleaning on friday. Lol.

This new technique has me playing around with brick sr. and jr. like they are new toys. Game changer for sure. I'm glad I was super productive this morning because I decided to take down two bowls. One in senior and one in junior. Its just so much fun. Well now I'm having trouble getting up from my chair. I really don't want to go back into the office.

pushpaw

7EsdyCW.jpg

I finally got around to trying your new technique last night and holy crap! You are totally correct. I felt certain that was going to make my bowl combust, but instead, just as you had said, there was not even a hot spot. Amazing. I tip my hat to you, sir. I don't know that I would ever have tried that approach without your detailing both what you did and how it worked. :rockon:

Top Bottom