Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Yep, that is exactly what mine is looking like, thanks for the pic. I did have the thought that maybe it was off center on purpose to create some kind of airflow effect, but the char I was seeing made me less certain. I would guess that the charred bit will eventually get as charred as it can, and so maybe the Brick has a legit 'burn in' period haha. I am not bothered by a tiny bit of char, at least as long as that is an intended part of the design. I don't want to taste burnt wood forever, though, but that doesn't seem to be the case for you or others. I had already read that there may be a bit of woodiness for the first few bowls, and that is fine.

I can't wait to get home from work and give it another go. It's all freshly loaded (Sunset Sherbert this time) and ready for me.
We're on the same page. :)

I'm not worried about the char itself either. I thought maybe the heat intake hole was misaligned or too small. I didn't notice any issues with performance, I couldn't be more pleased in that department.

Shortly after that post, @StickyBricks contacted me. He asked if everything was centered, told me the heat intake hole should be 3/16". He also offered to drill it for me.

I measured it and everything is perfectly centered and the hole is the proper size. I'm not going to mess with it because I love it just the way it is. :love:

That charred spot could be why I seemed to have more wood taste in the beginning than others. Don't worry, that will soon fade. Mine was broken in within a week at the most, it might have been less than that.

Now the wood taste adds a subtle overtone to fresh hits. At the end of the bowl I taste the wood more, but it's actually a good thing when going for high temp extractions as it covers up the taste a bit.

The Sticky Brick isn't the purest vape I have for flavor, but it's one of the best for overall flavor.

Because it has a big bowl it is capable of big amounts of flavor of that makes sense. And the wood adds a tiny bit of seasoning, making your herb taste slightly different but not woody. I've had some delicious bowls in my brick. :drool:

And it is by far the best tasting when extracting at high temperatures in my opinion. Partly because of the pure convection, but also because of the subtle wood flavor. It's personal preference but I prefer that taste to the toasty taste you usually get with high temp extractions.

Last edited:

pushpaw

Just a quick note to add that @StickyBricks and @Slow Draw McGraw both contacted me, and it is most apparent that they want to make sure I am a happy customer. :tup:

Edit: It's a bit later and my post was still the most recent, so I will just update it. Got home, Brick was all ready so off I went. I decided to turn the torch up a bit more than I had so far, and that seemed to do it. Whammo, great big hit. Awesome. Took another one, opened and stirred just to see what was going on and it looks great, still pretty green but I can tell it is a bit drier when I tamp it down a little. Decided, sure, one more. That one was the biggest of the lot. Had to sit down for a minute. Fantastic! :clap:

Things that were different about this bowl compared to my first: different strain, loaded bowl slightly more full, bigger flame on the torch. I also think I am getting a feel for how it heats up at the start. I sort of start slow and then speed up a touch when I feel it warming. Whatever it is, I am definitely doing something right because that was great.

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Just a quick note to add that @StickyBricks and @Slow Draw McGraw both contacted me, and it is most apparent that they want to make sure I am a happy customer. :tup:

Edit: It's a bit later and my post was still the most recent, so I will just update it. Got home, Brick was all ready so off I went. I decided to turn the torch up a bit more than I had so far, and that seemed to do it. Whammo, great big hit. Awesome. Took another one, opened and stirred just to see what was going on and it looks great, still pretty green but I can tell it is a bit drier when I tamp it down a little. Decided, sure, one more. That one was the biggest of the lot. Had to sit down for a minute. Fantastic! :clap:

Things that were different about this bowl compared to my first: different strain, loaded bowl slightly more full, bigger flame on the torch. I also think I am getting a feel for how it heats up at the start. I sort of start slow and then speed up a touch when I feel it warming. Whatever it is, I am definitely doing something right because that was great.
I'm glad you're getting the hang of it. :)

I think a strong flame is best, even for lower temp hits. I like the torch set to where I can fully extract the load, at fairly high temps. If I want to go for lower temp I just hold the flame further from the intake. With the awesome visual feedback in the mouthpiece I find it easy to adjust the torch placement as needed.

As always, practice makes perfect! :science:

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
Ok, now how can it be that this thread has gone quiet since Tuesday?

I checkd the hole under my heating tube last night, and it is drilled dead center. However, there is some charring around the hole just like in the picture above.

One other thing of note on mine. I purchased a back up set of glass. I noticed on one of my heat intake tubes that the hole at the output end (the end that is put into the wood piece) is choked down to almost the same size as the drilled hole. On the other intake tube, the output end is not like this, and is much larger (what I would call normal). I have been using the choked down one from the beginning and not given it much thought. I think I'll try the other one and see if there is any difference.

6079Smith

Yeah, unfortunately I've found I can't type and hit the Brick at the same time- shit, I can barely type, full stop. It's my biggest gripe and one of the major cons of this vape, this whole not being able to put it down thing.. I'm surprised it's not addressed more :)

Playing around for the first time with some shatter on S&B dosing capsules w/ liquid pads this morning- holy vapor, Batman! That was a lot of fun. While not being a dab it really impressed me, after stacking draws and being aggressive with torch it yielded some milky and tasty vapor. Super convenient and much more on demand than heating a nail, i was pleased. Even better, I recently had to top off an order with S&B for free shipping so already had more headed this way.

Tried capped and uncapped, both ways were comparable but seemed the capped took a few more draws to really get rolling. I'm hoping these capsules fit in the Bricks lil bro.

6kDi5Yd.jpg

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Yeah, unfortunately I've found I can't type and hit the Brick at the same time- shit, I can barely type, full stop. It's my biggest gripe and one of the major cons of this vape, this whole not being able to put it down thing.. I'm surprised it's not addressed more :)

Playing around for the first time with some shatter on S&B dosing capsules w/ liquid pads this morning- holy vapor, Batman! That was a lot of fun. While not being a dab it really impressed me, after stacking draws and being aggressive with torch it yielded some milky and tasty vapor. Super convenient and much more on demand than heating a nail, i was pleased. Even better, I recently had to top off an order with S&B for free shipping so already had more headed this way.

Tried capped and uncapped, both ways were comparable but seemed the capped took a few more draws to really get rolling. I'm hoping these capsules fit in the Bricks lil bro.

6kDi5Yd.jpg
Funny you should post about the S&B cans. I've been using them with herb with decent results. It takes a while longer to get the cans up to vaping temp which you would expect since you're adding more mass to equation. Taste is not as good as without, but still nice. Pre-loaded cans might be a nice option for on-the-go use. It should also greatly reduce the chance of accidental combustion.

QvJmihf.jpg

:peace:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Heater number 2!

20160818_170206_zpsegq6upwu.jpg

20160818_170218_zpskpza8pjt.jpg

20160818_170244_zpslwa19roh.jpg

20160818_170200_zpsunmby4q8.jpg

More to come, one of which I'll leave you with a hint...He's an Italian plumber with piranha plant problem and a brother who helps but hasn't figured out yet that wearing white after labor labor day isn't cool!

The brothers are also know for getting high and racing karts around like idiots!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Amazing all this new customized glass is so exciting, too bad Daisy never got to experience this fun... Your Mario tease got me thinking something else though, yours was awesome but maybe @mvapes can do one with a green pipe style heat intake and a green vined mouthpiece that flares into a red piranha plant mouth (so I guess you make you with Petey when they you hit it lol). I would pay good money for that shit, all this shit :drool:

Funny you should post about the S&B cans. I've been using them with herb with decent results. It takes a while longer to get the cans up to vaping temp which you would expect since you're adding more mass to equation. Taste is not as good as without, but still nice. Pre-loaded cans might be a nice option for on-the-go use. It should also greatly reduce the chance of accidental combustion.

QvJmihf.jpg

:peace:

Stu! You tease, is that a HydroBrick beta as well?! :tup:

pushpaw

So I have had my Brick for almost a week, and I have pretty much fallen in love with this thing. The only issue I had was on day one when I hadn't adjusted the torch up enough out of fear of combustion. Once I cranked up that little flame a bit it has been easy peasy quick and massive hits without any issues at all.

The hole for my intake tube is definitely not centered, but that does not seem to have any negative effect, at least not that I can tell. This thing rips! And nobody tell my wife that I have started watching the Jr thread as well, haha. Damn VAS... I can definitely see myself collecting a couple other butane vapes.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Just ordered a sticky brick from puff it up, never owned a butane vape before. Any recommendations on good torch lighters? Will the one it comes with from puff it up suffice or should I look for something different?
Congrats, the Brick was my first butane vape and I fell in love with it. It really is something special!

The thing about torches is they very a lot. My Eagle torch that I got with my Brick was a little on the weak side, but it still worked. I'm not sure if they're all like that or if mine is weaker than normal.

The Eagle is a great torch overall, it lights consistently, is easy to adjust, and has a large, visible tank. The flame on mine was big enough for normal usage, but not quite strong enough for micro loads (.03 grams).

My favorite torch is an Xing, the seller is in China, it took me 18 days to receive it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005...36_SY340_QL65&keywords=45+degree+pocket+torch

I would order a few spares, you only get one torch in a random color, not the three pictured. Like I said torches vary a lot and even the best brands have the occasional dud.

In the end the Brick isn't very picky about torches.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@pandaphysics
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love how the Sticky Brick can vape other vapes. The brick is not just a vape, it's an airpath too.

That made me realize there's only one of my vapes I haven't used with my brick. I had to see if it's possible. It's not a perfect seal, and you have to hold it upright while you hit it, but it functions just fine and cools and smooths the vapor a lot.

oE6LwVu.jpg

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Just ordered a cherry brick and a OG VapCap from PUI. All These other vapes are gonna have to wait!
My first adventure into the butane world. I miss hitting the bong like my old combustion days so I'm stoked for this one! I think this vape could be good at converting a few of my friends to the vapor side.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Edit: I just saw it today, in case anyone else doesn't know Hydrobrick has it's own thread now:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-hydrobrick-by-sticky-brick-labs.22576/

Just ordered a cherry brick and a OG VapCap from PUI. All These other vapes are gonna have to wait!
My first adventure into the butane world. I miss hitting the bong like my old combustion days so I'm stoked for this one! I think this vape could be good at converting a few of my friends to the vapor side.
You picked 2 winners.

Last edited:
Top Bottom