Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

GTAVaper

tl;dr version

1) Love the looks of the vape;
2) Screwed up my first attempt - mixed performance results from user error and lack of technique;
3) Found the mouthpiece extremely uncomfortable - which is a deal breaker for me using this vape as a direct draw option......except perhaps only through a vapour whip connection

Long Version

Well, I tried it tonight and had mixed results.

Screwed up at first and was wondering why almost nothing but taste and extremely whispery vapour was getting through and then realized when I then took it apart and my finger brushed across a carb hole that I had forgotten to plug it. Well that sure made me feel extremely brilliant. :doh:

So I tried again and got better results.....not anywhere what people are demonstrating though. That is just inexperience and a lack of knowledge of the right technique. Maybe that is why my throat is sore.....probably pulled too much heat through the glass pathway without any vapour there to help cool it down. I can't pass judgement on this until I start a session the right way.

But there is one thing that I think that will determine that this is to be used solely through a permanent water connection.....which is really too bad as I had really wanted something that would work for me as a direct draw quick instant hitter with cool vapour.

But notwithstanding a positive verdict on that end.....when I finally use it right the next time......the mouthpiece is a deal breaker for me......no matter how awesome I get with the technique and even if the vapour was the best quality I've ever achieved.

That was a purposeful exaggerated statement to illustrate that this criticism has nothing to do with the vape performance but rather with how it feels on my mouth.

The glass is the most uncomfortable mouthpiece that I've ever used in my life. It is too small in diameter to purse your lips into it ......and even when you try to get a closure it is very uncomfortable and there is an unplug-gable air gap at the side of your mouth (at least mine) where you hear a whistling sound from where the air flows through as you draw. If I try to mash my lips against it to plug it - it still doesn't flll up the gap.....but now my mouth is sore too.

Then on the other hand the mouthpiece tube is also far too big a diameter to get a comfortable seal by wrapping your lips around it. The mouthpiece is so uncomfortable (for me) that no matter it's performance - I could never want to use it as a direct draw vape.

Since there is obviously more customized glass work going into this vape through Sticky Bricks than throughout the time of its first incarnation as the Daisy......that perhaps this might be able to be looked after and a solution provided.

This mouthpiece really needs a glass cup ......like the trumpet on the end of an FC-1000. There is really no way to get a comfortable seal on this mouthpiece, IMHO, and the best way to get a seal at all would be to wrap you mouth around the thing......and that just feels wrong :(

Homey don't play that game :suspicious: :D

But as Seinfeld would qualify, before being lynched for political correctness - "Not that there's anything wrong with that :o :shrug:

If Sticky Bricks ever wants to experiment with alternate mouthpieces that terminate in a large glass cup - like that of a nice large glass piece - then I would likely grab one of those.

As long as the price point came in as being less than the custom, specially coloured mouthpieces.....and was more along the lines of the replacement cost of the regular mouthpiece.....perhaps a little higher.

I would just be happy with a simple clear glass trumpet/cup end on the existing mouthpiece. Although a custom coloured wide mouth option would probably do well at the higher price point too.

So no matter what the ultimate performance I might be able to achieve with this vape......I will either have to use it tied to a water piece......or find it a good home......there is no way that I find the mouthpiece usable at all so far.

Perhaps I can find a silicone funnel some place and butcher that to try to jury rig a fix and see how that works?

Anyways.....don't all lynch me at once :o :( ;) :) :lol:

I am trying to be perfectly clear that this is not about the vape performance at all.....and I really love the aesthetics of the vape and the cool way that it all clicks together is awesome.

The potential performance for me is unknown as that was only a little test to help me get to sleep rather than enjoy an evening up late. I'll try again on the weekend.

But the fact of the mouthpiece remains, and just the mouthpiece alone kind of kills it for me as a direct draw option :(

Which kind of sucks, as it is a really cool looking vape otherwise

Edit 1:
But I will say that even before I finished my edit to include the tl:dr version, I hit "save changes" and I had already received a PM from Sticky Bricks himself.

I was a little apprehensive opening it up since we have had PM conversation in the past, and he has always been an extremely nice dude in conversation.

But this PM completely stunned me both in its graciousness and understanding and was written in such a way as to ensure that I would have no reason to feel bad about expressing an honest opinion.

It was very clear that my opinion was valued and my criticism appreciated.

This dude is a class act .....in a way that I haven't seen in a while from any retailer/manufacturer; which is always a great surprise when you come across such an anomaly.

I will keep the results of our PM private for now but perhaps if Sticky Bricks is OK with it - I would like to post it myself.

Maybe give SB the weekend to think about that one?

But I will say that if you did read it.....you would be thinking to yourself, "You don't run into someone that class act too often"

Edit 2:

So this is what I was thinking of as an alternative end cup/flare to the original mouthpiece that (at least for those like me) sure would feel a lot more comfortable.

CKTdzcm.jpg

xVk9mkW.jpg

Note: Incorrect measurements in the photo's.....measurements found in the text below are accurate

The one on the left is the cup style mouthpiece at 32/33mm inner diameter, (error in page measurements - remeasured after photo);

The middle is the Sticky Brick mouthpiece at 17mm inner diameter;

and the one on the right is a flared version with no cup at 38mm inner diameter. The last one still has a satisfying deepness to the flare so that it fits around your lips completely with minimal pursing of the lips required to extend them outwards and fully fit into the flared end nicely.

I originally fell in love with the 32mm cup style, as I got that one first - but the larger flared mouthpiece at 37/38mm inner diameter is incredibly comfortable and stretches out from glass that is about 23mm OD on that piece vs the Brick's mouthpiece at 25mm outer diameter.

That 37/38mm inner diameter flared mouthpiece quickly became my favourite. Something like that would absolutely kick butt!

If I can't get the end of a mouthpiece entirely into my mouth at a maximum thickness being that of the stem attached to regular thickness 19mm glass.

Then for me to find the mouthpiece comfortable, it has to have some kind of flare to the end.....unless it is the old large straight tubes that are used in beaker bongs where your entire mouth is intended to fill the inner diameter and the inner diameter is probably already over 40mm to be able to do this with ease.

BRB ;)

Actually just went to measure a small beaker bong and found it to be 35mm.....compared to an 18", 7mm glass GEAR beaker bong with a 40mm inner diameter.

So the 38mm number for the larger flared mouthpiece on the right makes perfect sense in that it actually feels better than both the small beaker bong end and the larger 40mm end of the GEAR bong.

So I think that the 37, 38 mm inner diameter flared end is probably at the sweet spot personally......and anything over 33mm and under 38mm ID.....that 6mm range - is probably going to work great for a lot of people. I think from my experience with the mouthpiece on the right that probably 37mm is probably my own personal sweet spot.

Anyways.....just an opinion. I am sure that a lot of people are also completely happy with the current Brick mouthpiece too.

Last edited:

GTAVaper

Are you sure the whistle is from your mouth and not the Brick? It kind of whistles while you draw through it. I've never had an issue with the glass, though, and don't really give much thought to how I hold it to my mouth.

No that isn't it....but that whistle that you mention certainly does mask the other lesser whistle (to a degree) from the airflow through the sides of my mouth where I can't get a good seal on the mouthpiece when trying to purse my lips into the end to find a seal.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
This dude is a class act .....in a way that I haven't seen in a while from any retailer/manufacturer; which is always a great surprise when you come across such an anomaly.
I agree. He always seemed that way but after I spoke with him via PM about some random stuff it quickly became apparent what a class act he is. He really cares a lot about how he presents himself. I'm glad he was able to help you.

Your initial post threw me for a loop. As I was reading about your techniques for hitting it, I couldn't figure out which one I did. Neither of them sounded right. I was so intrigued I had to go take a hit with my brick to see how I hit it.

It turns out I put my lips flush against the glass, not inside or outside of it. It sounds weird, but it feels so natural to me I never even thought about it. It seals pretty good like that. I don't know if it's a perfect seal but I've never had problems and get thick dense vapor.

I tried it with my lips outside and inside and it felt totally wrong just like you described. With my lips inside I did get some whistle too.

I think a great option while you wait for new glass is to try and source a Daisy mouthpiece, the wood part. Post a wanted to buy in the classifieds section.

I'm not 100% sure but it should fit on the brick mouthpiece. A little adjustment might be required. Perhaps @WakeAndVape or someone else with both units can test it out.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Interesting feedback on the mouthpiece. I actually found mine to fit my lips perfectly when just pressed against it. But not much luck with pursing my lips inside the tube. I also felt like I could comfortably bogart the thing. I asked a total noob her thoughts on the mouthpiece of the Daisy versus the Brick tube. She thought the wooden mouthpiece on the Daisy looked weird and she didn't know how to approach it, whereas the Brick tube was easy to understand. Just some other perspectives...

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Before Triihouse went kaput, Tommy was hoping to introduce a new trumpeted MP for the Daisy, here's a pic that was on their instagram, I was def going to buy one if they came to be but alas:

daisymp.png

Maybe the sticky fellas will revive this too?

sixstringsmash

Today is a sad day for me, and therefore the world. After only a few days of using my pretty new mouthpiece she was taken from us in an extreme an act of stoned stupidity. Whilst emptying my bowl in a nice wake and vape this morning I went to grab the stirring tool which was magnetically attached to the brick and in my clumsiness the brick tilted forward and I suppose just hit my countertop at the wrong angle and split it in half.

Warning: this picture is not for the faint of heart
wGEPC8S.jpg

StickyBricks

Manufacturer
I guess it's glass week in here. That break is not acceptable and will be warrantied. I appreciate you blaming yourself, but the point of this thick glass is to not break on small falls. By just looking at that pic it seems the bend was a weak point.

Flared mouthpiece...I would love to hear more opinions on this.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
I guess it's glass week in here. That break is not acceptable and will be warrantied. I appreciate you blaming yourself, but the point of this thick glass is to not break on small falls. By just looking at that pic it seems the bend was a weak point.

I personally would not like a flared mouthpeice unless you do it like the old swagger hydratube line that has a small flare.

sixstringsmash

All I can say is wow. So far all my dealings with your business have been phenomenal and you are showing no different here. I just want to say thanks for the great service your showing to me and all your customers!

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

Wow, you really stand by your product!

About mouthpiece: in general I do not like too wide MP, flared maybe even less than normal.
With my fbomb clone I sanded a very large cork plug (for big wine bottles) to fit and seal, and made a hole in the middle in order to put a glass mflb stem through it.

No more embarass to use it in pubblic now, and no more saliva falling down in it (usefull especially when sharing :puke:)

StickyBricks

Manufacturer
I'm the anti-comcast-rhythm-rock-shocker.

Seriously though, I'm just a giant hippie at heart and it makes me happy to have happy customers. I know the Brick is slightly pricey comparatively, but this is part of what you get for helping support my company. If I ever lose focus on my customer service I expect you all to call me out.

Edit instead of making a new post: something I have always said to my beta testers is critiscm makes a better product. GTA obviously wants this thing to work and didn't ask for anything from me. Nothing in that post warrants anything but help from me and this community, and that's what I'm seeing. A great big thank you to any and all of you who try to help.

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
As the largest lipped member of this thread it makes me giggle to read the mouthpiece woes...

The thought of pursing my lips to fit a tube seems comical and disgusting, but I think it just may be me.

I also never wrap my lips around any vape and when people do it to my pax2, I always make the Nooooooooo face.

I also agree that stickybricks is as dedicated as he is helpful...that's the reason I would tell anyone to get a brick!

@subway13029 anytime man...anytime.

GTAVaper

On mobile right now so I will keep this short.

@WakeAndVape

I had a friend of a friend over about 15 yrs ago....an Asian dude who was new to smoking and who had never used a bong before.

I looked at him a bit dumbfounded when he wrapped his lips around a 2" OD tube and tried to pull from it.

I said "Dude....that is just so wrong on so many levels. Please stop trying to "fluff" my bong.....can't you see that its already hard?"

The whole group of experienced smokers all burst out in uncontrollable laughter....and he turned red before joining in with the rest of us.

Memories....lol

As for the top heavy issue.....that is a valid issue for sure....but also one that could be resolved with a more upright tube with less of a bend to it I believe.

But I guess that could only be verified through experimentation. I don't think that much additional overturning mass would occur if a flared end mouthpiece is kept close to the same length and not extended by too much....and as mentioned before....perhaps with a lesser bend angle at the bottom of the tube so that it is more upright and doesn't introduce a greater rotating / toppling force (i.e. "moment").

I didn't mean to set off such a discussion....but I sure am glad that it has been a thoughtful and friendly one....and I haven't yet got one negative PM.....so all is good on this end.

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I always wanted to say to you, 'those lips doe' but I see now you might have embraced it. Lol much love my man.
I used to be self conscious about it and hate them because of prejudice shit people used to say...

But once I grew up I learned women love them and they have all sorts of other usefulness

For instance hitting any kind of mouth prices I want.
Does anyone remember Voltron? I think about it every time I put my Brick together.

200w.gif

Fuck yea! BTW...that GIF is 80's AF!

Not even a token minority!

jim-bob

I don't have a Sticky Brick, just a Daisy (waiting for the hydrobrick) but I've used the Daisy with and without wooden mouthpiece block and I really like the wooden mouthpiece block a lot.

Something about the diameter of the glass just doesn't work for me, it's not quite wide enough to hit like a bong and it's not the kind of thing i want to 'fluff' either, but the wood block makes it just about perfect.

For reference: no beard, thin-ass lips

djchexxx

Damn I love this thread. Every time I come in here it feels like im joining a session with a group of friends.
:spliff:

I don't really have an issue with the mouthpiece. I just press my lips against it and it feels very natural. I wouldn't be opposed to a trumpet mouthpiece. Maybe have an option at check out to pick which mouthpiece the person wants.

GTAVaper

tl;dr version

1) Tried Brick again
2) Despite torch not performing properly; got pretty good vapour and whitewalled it with the Blazer Big Shot on lowest heat setting and also held far away from the intake glass
3) Verdict: Daddy like! :tup: :nod:

Just tried it again and this time had it hooked up to a water piece through a whip connecting from the Brick to a very short 18mm joint/stem that recently came my way.

I think that I will have to grab a nice triple or quad flame cigar torch though since my Eagle torch at max heat setting only has an inner blue flame of 10mm......which is less half the recommended inch on the instructions.

So basically I have to stick the flame almost right into the intake.....with the nozzle right at the top of the glass.

But no big deal......I think a couple of different torches of various power/heat ranges might be nice to have around.....actually - let me check something :science:

Yup, my little aluminum Ronson single jet - jet lighter on its max setting produces an inner blue jet flame that is a few mm longer than the Eagle....so something is up. When I get something higher performing I think I will throw the Eagle in the car for emergency backup usage.

But even with a sub-optimal flame - the results are completely different from yesterday.

Pretty decent vapour production! Even with the nozzle tucked right up to the intake and the flame completely inside the intake glass.

But then I tried it with my Blazer Big Shot :worms:

The minimum flame length on that is actually quite long, and I had to hold it fairly far away with the flame licking downward in a semi-jet, jet output - still blue but not as stable in the vacuum I created while drawing ....and also flickering around a bit.

But the higher levels at a hissing, wind-stable blue jet output would have been far too hot to use.....and I was already holding it pretty far away from the intake.

But Whoo, Hooo!

Now we're cooking with gas! :cheers:

:spliff:

I thought that I had combusted for sure!

Watching that wall of milk flowing through the mouthpiece, through the whip and then quickly filling up the glass.....I wasn't sure if I should pull away before I hit it ......but I kept going - although the torch was nowhere near the intake anymore.

No combustion, but the taste was a little on the toasty/smokey side and there were also a few very small charred pieces of herb scattered around in the bowl.....but no actual sign of any full scale combustion or a clumping of the charred pieces into a full scale ash formation.

Phew! :o

This one is a keeper for sure!!! :)
Even with the mouthpiece currently not working out for me......it still works awesome through a water whip connection :clap:

It sure can really pump the vapour out as a white wall when used at high temp; or can also produce a more gradual filling of the chamber at the levels of heat that the Eagle torch can produce.....at least my currently hobbled one.

Maybe I will bleed it and refill it to see if that resets things so that performs like it should?
Has anyone else out there had to deal with malfunctioning Eagles with tips or advice they can share as to how they restored its performance?

Edit: One thing that I think is really cool is that when you lay the mouthpiece side flat with this section on the left side and then break the bowl side back towards you - the magnet placement holds the bowl block slightly tilted towards you for very easy stirring .....held completely in place with the magnet......very cool feature!

Last edited:
Top Bottom