Tek Spiderman's Oil Extravaganza!

Spiderman

oil baron
I'd guess the 1.75" is too big, and 2 feet of length is definitely going to be too much. Get hold of the stainless steel turkey baster (its not expensive) for your first couple runs, after that you will have a great idea what makes a good tube.

Running large amounts at a time will generally result in a lower quality product, and a less efficient extraction. Also, purging more than about 5 grams of oil on a pie plate is very tricky, and can lead to some less than ideal results by itself.

Stick to the smaller tubes, you will prefer the results.

Spiderman,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Thanks man. I'm probaly going to do just that the. The turkey basters are cheap enough and I can always make a bigger one if neccisary. I just got a friend that hooked up the tubing for free so I wasn't gonna deny it. Thanks for the advice man. I'll probaly be around here more often in a bit.

Oh and do you have a general rule of thumb for how much butane is needed for a certain ammount. I don't know how much is gonna be enough for a full 250g can. I don't know if I can judge half of a can and whatnot

minnesnowta,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast

The pictures pretty much explain it, kali myst + kief = :D

Let me just say that i didnt realize the kind of taste that was possible with this stuff. The taste of this oil is just fucking superb, i just want to dab every 5 minutes because it tastes so god damn good.

Thanks alot to spiral and spiderman... its safe to say that i am fully converted, this shit is unreal.

Survivalism,

Spiderman

oil baron
Survivalism,

That run looks excellent. I will, however, just mention a few things that you can choose to listen to or ignore...

Generally, adding kif to a run mostly just serves to great darker, runnier, harsher oil. The tastiest, smoothest oil comes from whole buds, packed tight, and purged well. Next time, consider leaving the kif out for a lighter, tastier product.

Also, although this is being pretty picky, i just mention it for your sake, it looks like the run could be purged just a little bit more. There is no real guarantee that the oil will be evenly thick over the entire plate, so when one part might be totally done, a thicker part may have just a hint of butane left in it. This is mostly just a practice thing, but remember that flaming bubbles vs. non-flaming-but-deliciously-smelly bubbles is the general rule of when the oil is done.

Hope this helps!

Also, a quick general thought to all those looking for homemade oil pipes...the main rule of thumb with an oil rig is the smaller the better. Smaller oil pipes with less filtration hit tastier, and more efficiently, than their larger, more filtered counterparts.

Spiderman,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
I was wondering why this was so dark, i thought for sure it was going to be lighter. I will probably not add anymore kif in my extractions now.

I thought this oil may have been a bit under purged, i didnt think about the thickness of the oil spread across the plate though, thanks.

So what are the bubbles in the above finished product? the solid chunk in the center of both blades is ROCK hard, but anywhere their are bubbles its softer.

Survivalism,

Spiderman

oil baron
Survival,

Well, I can only guess without actually vaping a few hits of it, but from what iv seen, plus given what you said about it being softer around the bubbles, im pretty confident that those are bubbles of butane. The softer, more goo-like oil filled with bubbles tends to be more butane-y than the shatter parts. The rock hard texture is a very good point to shoot for, although I do have to warn you that its not ALL there is to purging.

Sounds like you're well on your way to becomin a practiced oiler. Only other advice I can give you now is to practice, post pics, and get yourself an oil vape.

Speaking of which, how are you ingesting it?

Spiderman,

Mark

John Brown
StickyShisha said:
this was a fun weekend. 1/8 of Purple Kona Diesel and 1/8 of Blue Dream, made about 1.5 grams of the best 'shatter' i've ever had.
The SS turkey baster worked great, but i think i'll look into making something a bit bigger for next time.

Mark said:
These are formed from the addition of chromium and can be hardened through the addition of carbon. However, the most common stainless steels have a higher chromium content and nickel is also added. It is the nickel which modifies the physical structure of the steel and makes it non-magnetic.

Mark know's his metallurgy.
Mark, thanks for the info.
are any of these metals a possible health issue?
I have been inhaling particles of steel and other metals for years due to welding, and my lungs are still very good. I doubt any chromium will damage your lungs at all. And if you have to worry about carbon, you are living on the wrong planet. :p

Mark,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Mark said:
Mark know's his metallurgy.
I have been inhaling particles of steel and other metals for years due to welding, and my lungs are still very good. I doubt any chromium will damage your lungs at all. And if you have to worry about carbon, you are living on the wrong planet. :p
if you say you know your metallurgy then you better brush up on it quickly. Regarding inhalation of chromium fumes...
"The respiratory tract is the major target organ for chromium (VI) toxicity, for acute (short-term) and chronic (long-term) inhalation exposures. Shortness of breath, coughing, and wheezing were reported from a case of acute exposure to chromium (VI), while perforations and ulcerations of the septum, bronchitis, decreased pulmonary function, pneumonia, and other respiratory effects have been noted from chronic exposure. Human studies have clearly established that inhaled chromium (VI) is a human carcinogen, resulting in an increased risk of lung cancer."

from... http://www.epa.gov/ttn/atw/hlthef/chromium.html

DeepFried,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Spiderman said:
Survival,

Well, I can only guess without actually vaping a few hits of it, but from what iv seen, plus given what you said about it being softer around the bubbles, im pretty confident that those are bubbles of butane. The softer, more goo-like oil filled with bubbles tends to be more butane-y than the shatter parts. The rock hard texture is a very good point to shoot for, although I do have to warn you that its not ALL there is to purging.

Sounds like you're well on your way to becomin a practiced oiler. Only other advice I can give you now is to practice, post pics, and get yourself an oil vape.

Speaking of which, how are you ingesting it?
Currently im using the ehle 250 and dosa ti curve that i posted on the previous page, i actually just contacted dosa to have him blow me a custom oil rig though.

Im currently getting the rest of the money together, but hes going to blow me another ti curve, a oil dish with a gong joint lid on it, and a inline layback tube simple T design with a narrow bore, i originally said 12 inches but im gonna ask him to make it 10 inches now.

All gonna be ftc work with red and black, im pretty excited.

What do you think?

Survivalism,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Ended up just getting an ehle 100, im waiting for dosa to blow me a dish though, also trying to grab a dish asap if someone has one they are looking to part with.

Some pics:

The golden oil is made from Wappa

The pretty much black oil is from the same stuff i had made my first batches with, came out really dark this time.

Survivalism,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Gotkrunk.com that's AKs website if your down with the Krunk style and don't want to wait. I've always loved his work. And they pretty much always have dishes on there.

minnesnowta,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Thanks for the link man! Unfortunately im not a big fan of krunks styling.. im not sure what it is but i just dont like them.

That being said im about ready to buy one because i cant find one from somewhere else..

Survivalism,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
This thread needs some love...

S7301092.jpg

Left dish is Jorge Cervante Diamond and right dish is Jack Herer

S7301121.jpg

Jack Herer

Coming soon... Super Silver Haze

Survivalism,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Holy oil batman!!! I wish my dish had any it it. It doesn't even need to be that much. Uhhhg I need butane!!

minnesnowta,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
If you are still having trouble with a good butane source i really do recommend just looking around at all local smoke shops / tobacco shops. Eventually you will find someone selling it at a reasonable price.

Waiting for my dosa dish to come before i make the SSH oil.. im excited though :D

Survivalism,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
20% seems pretty good. I need to run some. I'm a lil broke right now though. Soon hopefully. Snowboarding is expensive. Fuck!

minnesnowta,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
here we go , this is the oil dish that I finaly made for you spider ;) it will be on your way this after noon , hope you'll love it :

Clear_Dome,

Spiderman

oil baron
Thats awesome ClearDome! The blow-in looks great, I love the honeycomb milli, and the shaping looks dead on. Glad to see you keep killing it, please keep showing us your pictures!!!!

Thanks again buddy, you're the man.

Spiderman,

PsychoActive

Great thread Spiderman and FC'ers. :)

Very interested in starting this journey, the first time i started reading about oil and glass not too long ago; it was obvious that it was my calling.

So here we go.

What specific piece or type of glass, would you guys suggest to get started with oil on?

I definitely love the kut vape, especially the size of it, but theyre hard to get a hold of am i right? Plus im not even registered on TC.

Im not really interested in the dome, im sure it works just fine, just something about the curve that appeals to me; to start with atleast ;)

So if i were to go the route of trying to find separate pieces, whats a good place to get a nice curve? and a piece to go with it?

How much is too much diffusion for oil?

The aqua lab technologies curves seem fine, not sure about that ti pad though, or the price, is that a normal price?

something like this?
http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/...319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/I/M/IMG_3591.jpg

Although, id love to be pointed in the direction of other options. As i said earlier, i love the size of the kut, so something small would be great. Also, ive only ever owned ONE piece of glass so far, and it is in an amount of pieces that is impossible to count.

Thanks

PsychoActive,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Aqualab tech have the worst price that I have ever seen ... ask to hashmasta-kut (I can link you if you want ) he and his sister were the original Ti vap maker and I believe they have better price than that

Clear_Dome,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
But hmk has atleast a year wait. Dosa has been making bubblers that are like hmks but the work is alot better in my opinion but alot of people say the hmk have alot of tweaks that he's made since the creation. Shinobiglass.com just got a new shipment of dosa curves in with the new thicker ti and if you wanted to get it all in one place they have a n3rd bubbler on there that's nice and small. But that would put you at $230 plus shipping and you'd still have to buy a torch and all the extraction goodies. It's not cheap. Expecially if you don't have a tube or anything to start with. Its gonna cost atleast 200 to get started and that's on the way low end.

Cheapest route would be an ehle 100ml, and an aqualab curve. Just know what your getting into before hand. I have over 400 into oil accesories and my tube...

minnesnowta,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
FYI, the curves on shinobi still have the old, thinner ti... The pad itself is larger though, so it does retain a little more heat if you dab on the outsides and work your way to the center.

aznfknpride,
Top Bottom