1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Soy lecithin as a potentiator.

Discussion in 'Cooking with Cannabis' started by Qbit, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Breathemetal

Breathemetal Well-Known Member

I dont have gelcaps, so i ill just take a spoonful of granules when i eat a cookie next
  2. Asieffert

Asieffert Member

Interesting. I have Chrons Disease and Graves Disease/hyperthyroidism which causes a very fast metabolism and a hard time absorbing nutrients. I live in Colorado and have had 300mg edibles that barely do anything. I've had over 1000mg in a few hours with mild effect that lasted a few hours...

I have been making various batches of coconut oil capsules trying different things using an ounce of sugar leaf indica trim each time. As actual edibles were hard to control dosages and had to many variables. The results with lecithin were astounding to me having seen my past purchased edible history. I have also seen that when taken with milk the effects hit sooner and harder but don't last as long. I am not sure if this is my lactose intolerance or the aid of animal fat for cannabanoids. ones Decarbing method also changes results tremendously...

I will try an egg sandwich with a glass of milk soon as I will be running more tests tomorrow!
    SSVUN~YAH, jpdnkstr and Puffers like this.
  3. vaype

vaype New Member

I can also tell from experience that soy lecithin works very well.
    Made some brownies for a vacation with a few friends once. First time I made 'em, did lots of research first and I read about the soy lecithin and I decided it couldn't hurt much. I actually had put quite a lot of work into it. Water cured it, used coconut oil, froze it 8 hours each time I heated it, all the good stuff.

I think it was about 0.15g of cheap outdoor bud per brownie and they got us blazing for half a day every time again.

That stuff got me a lot higher than that time when I downed about 0.25g of dank with coconut oil (and did not use soy lecithin). So I'd say it works really well.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  4. Pickz

Pickz VXNails have landed!!!

I'm going to have to give this thread a read through as I've not had any luck with my ABV. It's been a long time since I've tried though. I have a peanut butter jar full and I'm ready to buy some lecithin soon and hopefully get some results. I have a lot of reading to do...
    SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  5. Bezerkben

Bezerkben Member

can anyone tell me the ratio of abv-coconut oil? I'm thinking of using this exact method but I'm sure the potency will be different with abv. i was thinking 10ml for every gram of abv? let me know what you think
    Breathemetal likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors