• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Soy lecithin as a potentiator.

JSteez4205

aka Gordon NugzB
4293031957d91cea0d01db10ff6a6646_zps1747c924.jpg

Picked this huge bottle of Lecithin at Rainbow Blossom this AM.. Along with the sunflower oil so I can twist it in with my VCO tomorrow making my coconut oil extra potent! Now just in need of empty gel caps for filling!!

Doug

Just passing time
Coconut oil + Soy lecithin finally has made edibles effective for me! After reading about soy lecithin, I definitely need to find a different source for it! I can't even find non-GM around here.

Nycdeisel

As long as it is actually organic, it wont be GMO soy :)

Shouldnt be too hard to find online somewhere.

Nycdeisel,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Coconut oil + Soy lecithin finally has made edibles effective for me! After reading about soy lecithin, I definitely need to find a different source for it! I can't even find non-GM around here.

Where effects just generally weak for you compared to others or totally non effective? Edibles are realllly hit and miss for me. Ones that i know are pretty strong and just wreck my buddies i can eat 4x their dose and get like a mild buzz. Otoh once i had an edible that had me SUPER lit for over 18hrs, it had tons of hash in it though lol.

Tried a lazy edible the other weekend i took about 1/4g of wand hash, a 1.2g soy lech gel cap, mixed into 12oz whole milk microwaved til almost boiling, added instant mocha mix, stirred up well. Consumed on a empty stomach, should have given a cpl extra minutes to let the gel cap break down a bit better.

Results...... mediocre but usually is for me. Will continue to test in the name of :science: of course.

Anyone else using wand hash or oil rig reclaim for edibles? What kind of dosages are guys finding work for you?

Puffers,

luchiano

Where effects just generally weak for you compared to others or totally non effective? Edibles are realllly hit and miss for me. Ones that i know are pretty strong and just wreck my buddies i can eat 4x their dose and get like a mild buzz. Otoh once i had an edible that had me SUPER lit for over 18hrs, it had tons of hash in it though lol.

Tried a lazy edible the other weekend i took about 1/4g of wand hash, a 1.2g soy lech gel cap, mixed into 12oz whole milk microwaved til almost boiling, added instant mocha mix, stirred up well. Consumed on a empty stomach, should have given a cpl extra minutes to let the gel cap break down a bit better.

Results...... mediocre but usually is for me. Will continue to test in the name of :science: of course.

Anyone else using wand hash or oil rig reclaim for edibles? What kind of dosages are guys finding work for you?

Next time try to drink the same thing, except with some fresh herb or concentrate instead of wand hash due to a lot of the thc oxidizing into cbn, and with some type of fiber, and vitamin b6. The fiber keeps the liquid from being absorbed too fast, so the vitamin b6 can help breakdown the fats that the cannabinoids will be attached to. For your fiber get some psyllium husk. This is the brand I like:http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2986019

Follow the instructions, because if you don't the drink will get THICK, and hard to drink.

The drink might be too potent for you, so keep some fruit, and fruit juice(orange, grape, apple) on hand so you can keep your blood sugar intact, and prevent black outs or extreme anxiety.

luchiano,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Next time try to drink the same thing, except with some fresh herb or concentrate instead of wand hash due to a lot of the thc oxidizing into cbn, and with some type of fiber, and vitamin b6. The fiber keeps the liquid from being absorbed too fast, so the vitamin b6 can help breakdown the fats that the cannabinoids will be attached to. For your fiber get some psyllium husk. This is the brand I like:http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2986019

Follow the instructions, because if you don't the drink will get THICK, and hard to drink.

The drink might be too potent for you, so keep some fruit, and fruit juice(orange, grape, apple) on hand so you can keep your blood sugar intact, and prevent black outs or extreme anxiety.

Hey Luchiano, thanks for the input from a nutritional aspect. When you say fresh herb or concentrate I assume you mean decarb'ed right? For the B6 would a multi vitamin work at the same time or should it be just a B6 supplement? I normally take fish oils and multi vitamins in the morning when I would have had my mocha medible btw. Although I don't think I had any fiber around time of dosage so the point is most likely moot since it sounds like the effect is synergistic.

Black outs and extreme anxiety. Hmmmm what kinda doses are you talking about because I can take what a dozen different dispensaries rate as 6-10 doses in one sitting.... and be underwhelmed.

The fiber keeps the liquid from being absorbed too fast, so the vitamin b6 can help breakdown the fats that the cannabinoids will be attached to

This makes me think my really high metabolism is to blame for my trouble with edibles

Doug

Just passing time
This makes me think my really high metabolism is to blame for my trouble with edibles

This statement makes me quite curious about it's truth. I have quite an active metabolism and have had a hard time "getting off" with edibles as well (until I incorporated coconut oil and lecithin into my recipe). I wonder if anybody has scientific, nutritional basis to confirm or deny.

luchiano

Hey Luchiano, thanks for the input from a nutritional aspect. When you say fresh herb or concentrate I assume you mean decarb'ed right? For the B6 would a multi vitamin work at the same time or should it be just a B6 supplement? I normally take fish oils and multi vitamins in the morning when I would have had my mocha medible btw. Although I don't think I had any fiber around time of dosage so the point is most likely moot since it sounds like the effect is synergistic.

Black outs and extreme anxiety. Hmmmm what kinda doses are you talking about because I can take what a dozen different dispensaries rate as 6-10 doses in one sitting.... and be underwhelmed.

It doesn't have to be decarbed when using b6 with the herb/concentrate.

Use b6 supplement itself, instead of a multivitamin, if the b6 is real low in the multivitamin.

If your tolerance is that high, use some protein powder with the drink. It sounds like your neurotransmitters are low, and the protein powder will help get it up. Protein powder is best in this instance, because being that it is a powder, it won't take long to breakdown, and will get absorbed along with the rest of the nutrients in the drink.

I also noticed you didn't let the lecithin breakdown enough. You want to separate the lecithin from the gel caps, and let the milk absorb the lecithin. Also, you can add a little more fat to the mix being that whole milk isn't that high in fat. Just put a tablespoon of what type of fat you want to mix with the milk mixture.

BTW, don't put the psylium husk into the drink if it's hot, it will thicken too fast. You want to drink it with something at room temperature or cold.

luchiano,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
It doesn't have to be decarbed when using b6 with the herb/concentrate.

Use b6 supplement itself, instead of a multivitamin, if the b6 is real low in the multivitamin.

If your tolerance is that high, use some protein powder with the drink. It sounds like your neurotransmitters are low, and the protein powder will help get it up. Protein powder is best in this instance, because being that it is a powder, it won't take long to breakdown, and will get absorbed along with the rest of the nutrients in the drink.

I don't think my tolerance is that high cause I can milk one good hit from my ssv in the morning and be fairly medicated...

Puffers,

luchiano

I don't think my tolerance is that high cause I can milk one good hit from my ssv in the morning and be fairly medicated...

The morning is when you are high in most substances in the body, due to getting good rest, and repair, but after that it continuously gets lower. This is why the first hit of the day, is usually the best hit for most people. Certain foods will keep it stable, but most people don't eat those foods, so it's good to keep eating high protein foods, until the night when you are about to go to sleep.

luchiano,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
The morning is when you are high in most substances in the body, due to getting good rest, and repair, but after that it continuously gets lower. This is why the first hit of the day, is usually the best hit for most people. Certain foods will keep it stable, but most people don't eat those foods, so it's good to keep eating high protein foods, until the night when you are about to go to sleep.

I get that, but I dont understand why an edible won't affect me the same way if taken in the morning. Or why my tolerance to edibles seem to differ so much from vapor. I am active, have healthy bmi, blood pressure, generally eat a high protein diet, eat nuts, take vitamin and omega supplements, etc, etc. I have experimented with empty stomach, full stomach, different times, dosing rates, etc. I dont know if it's partially my metabolism, i also for 9 months could eat no gluten foods as if I had Celiac disease then it slowly got better and left. Gluten and other food sensitivities do run in my family. In short it makes me wonder if I have something else affecting what's going on any input is appreciated sorry for my rambling. i am just stumped

Puffers,

luchiano

I get that, but I dont understand why an edible won't affect me the same way if taken in the morning. Or why my tolerance to edibles seem to differ so much from vapor. I am active, have healthy bmi, blood pressure, generally eat a high protein diet, eat nuts, take vitamin and omega supplements, etc, etc. I have experimented with empty stomach, full stomach, different times, dosing rates, etc. I dont know if it's partially my metabolism, i also for 9 months could eat no gluten foods as if I had Celiac disease then it slowly got better and left. Gluten and other food sensitivities do run in my family. In short it makes me wonder if I have something else affecting what's going on any input is appreciated sorry for my rambling. i am just stumped

IDK what's going on, I think it has something to do with b6. Remember you want to take it with your meals for it to do it's thing efficiently.

I just realized, an easy way to get an effect from ingesting cannabis is to make an egg sandwhich. Don't get me wrong the b6 & psylium husk with a drink is good, but for now, just make an egg sandwich with the herb/concentrate, and that should work.

What you do is melt about two tablespoons of butter(not margarine), cook 2-3 eggs that have been whisked with the herb/concentrate, then eat. RIGHT AFTER eating, take your multivitamin, assuming it has b6 in it. Drink a cup of water to help speed up the digestion.

This worked for a friend of mine, and he was zoning.

Peloton

Vapes Hard
I'm about to order more soy lecithin, have you all that have tried the lecithin in liquid form been satisfied? I've always used the powdered stuff, but it seems to be cheaper in liquid form. I'm not sure what the differences might be for our purposes, anyone have some insight?

Peloton,

justcametomind

Be sure to get the same content of lecitin. I've never heard of liquid lecitin but probably it's cheaper cause you get less lecitin and some water blended in. Lately I bought a bottle of liquid sugar it's nice to use it and liquid lecitin could be the same.

justcametomind,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Be sure to get the same content of lecitin. I've never heard of liquid lecitin but probably it's cheaper cause you get less lecitin and some water blended in.

That was what i was thinking too. I cant find any explanation of what the liquid consists of. I'll probably just stick with the powder, its not all that expensive.

Peloton,

StickyShisha2

• (from http://www.ehow.com/facts_5770669_liquid-lecithin-vs_-powdered-lecithin.html ) Liquid lecithin contains glycophospholipids--the same phospholipids as in lecithin granules, but including phospholipids with a glucose molecule attached. These are "oily" and cause the extract to be a liquid. Liquid lecithin is generally about 20 to 30 percent fat, while lecithin granules or powders are generally less than 10 percent fat.
i have always used the liquid because i was told it was better but this makes me think its weaker. i can't compare it to powder or granules having never used them.

i think when i need more lecithin i will buy sunflower.

StickyShisha2,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I try to avoid soy anything. it just isnt a health food shouldnt even be sold in health food stores.

sounds like an interesting method though. :peace:
Since lecithin can also come from sunflowers, I would go that route if I needed it.

I remember, back in the day, scoring a 5lb sack of it from a food co-op. Godawful stuff to try to ingest by itself (this was the 80s & 90s health food movement). I'm sure at least a portion of my current health challenges was fueled by so much soy!

Enchantre,

grokit

well-worn member
As long as it's fermented and not gmo, soy products can be quite good for you.

grokit,

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!
Great info on the sunflower lecithin. I think I will give that a try as I have been waiting to use some lecithin in edibles as I have had little/no success with my ABV edibles. That site seems legit and $13 w/ free shipping seems like a fair price to at least give it a try.

Edit: It isn't free shipping, it just doesn't update it until you go to "Payment Details". I just wanted to clear that up.

Pickz,

Breathemetal

I just picked up some SL granules from GNC
Edibles normally dont work for me, and i think i found out why, this stuff was missing!

I ate a edible, took 7.5g of SL and waiting a few hours, then BAM, wrecked.
I got so high i pretty much just passed out.
It was a strong cookie to begin with, but ive had stronger with no effect

SL works!

bTW 7.5g of SL is a "single serving" according to my bottle so idk how to dose it really.
all the bottle says is to take a spoonful a day.

Breathemetal,
Reactions: grokit

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
If your cooking with SL use the powder and I like Bad Kitty Smiles reccomendations on GC forum. If your using it with premade edibles w/o SL use the gelcaps once a day...

SSVUN~YAH,
Top Bottom