solo or ascent an honest opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caligula

Maximus
Solo has been sold out at PV for quite some time. Multiple weeks so far. That's why I bought mine from puffitup. $160 got me a new Solo, an aluminum 4 piece grinder, a bag of screens and free shipping.

weedemon

enthusiast
A never really thought about it, but I keep my solo in a pencil case style bag. it holds my container of herbs, the solo, and a tube stem container. I don't carry my grinder and mini stash of unbusted nugs anymore.

but yes having a case to keep all that together is very handy! I'd be losing pieces if I didn't do it. :p

the case you are looking at is it the one Puffitup offers? looks like a mini hardshell case? i googled solo cases and the options look slick :p

weedemon,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I prefer the Ascent for my needs personally ... My Solo got a lotta' love over the last couple years, but the Ascent meets my current portable needs better (it wins out on discretion but maybe loses out slightly on efficiency, although personally, I find the Ascent relatively efficient, just like the Solo, but not efficient like the Cloud or MiniVAP)

JCat,

Caligula

Maximus
It's that little hard case
Like this one?

soo3.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Pelican-1200-Case-Camera-Black/dp/B0002INQT2

jasong

OK I going to order my solo this afternoon what else do I need besides what it comes with

jasong,

weedemon

enthusiast
-PVHES stem (high efficiency stem) (normal, straight style is my fave)
-some sort of bag to hold it all
-extra stem screens?
-spare stem for if you break yours?
-power adapter so you can use it and not drain the battery? (ideal if this vape is for home and on the go use!)
-car version of the power adapter?

all optional but things to consider. the PVHES stem is a must imo though. makes a big difference.

good luck!

weedemon,

weedemon

enthusiast
just to hold the stem to it when not in use I'd bet. :) but if you have a non glass stem, than I could see that being nice. bundles things up nicely :)

stickstones

Vapor concierge
yup...just to hold together the only two things I need. The Solo is tough as nails and paired with a wood stem is damn near indestructible. I prefer to use the glass stem but would never be without the wood stem for all its versatility. The more I use the Solo the more I think I would be fine with it as my only vape.

jasong

I got another quick question. Does the solo get hot? I was wondering if I could put it in a take out cup from a fast food restaurant for more stealt?

jasong,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom