chimpybits

Would someone please be kind enough to post a pic of the metal barrel that slides over the heater base.

Some time ago when I first saw the bent corner of this barrel, I thought it was a mistake and straightened it. I do find that my (standard) heater cover spins too easily and now would like to re-bend that corner using needle-nose pliers. I know that Vitolo has recommended expanding the top of this barrel relative to the bottom (or visa versa) in order to lessen the spin, but I'd also like to get the bent corner back. (and bump the SSV thread back to page 1 : )

chimpybits,

Nosferatu

I go in and out of different vaping styles as well it seems but i cant figure out the discerning factors. Sometimes I do it less and only later in the day and in that case a .025 stem or small DBV bowl will get me satisfied, and sometimes its to the point where one hit is all I need. But I usually finish the bowl later just for pleasure and also not to waste. But then I fall into the lifestyle of blazing from morning to night about .2 bowls average a wand and I'm not really ever getting that high even by the end of the day. The only reason i justify doing this is because sometimes I feel and function fine vaping so much and other times feel miserable and want to cut down/quit.

But for maximum effect the best to do in my opinion is wait untill night and pack a big bowl like 0.3 and vape it to dark brown through a nice inline bubbler or bong. I can no longer justify hitting small bowls, I like to whitewall my piece, but i still agree sometimes a hit or two is all you need. :2c:

Nosferatu,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Load 0.2 with extra kief and amber.. in you SSV and do a huge bongrip -- Death or glory style.. Then will talk again who what when how high is it.. :) ..
I agree using smaller amounts can take you higher off smaller amount but no higher than abusive amounts and notorious dabs..

Abysmal Vapor,

scooter

Dailo
I would but all I got is a camera phone. Plus, like you, I also thought the bent corner was a mistake and I bent it so that it would b straight. But I wouldn't worry too much about the bent corner. U could do wat vito said. Or what i did was I bent the top left corner a slightly inwards and just re adjusted the spacer to make the metal barrel more stable. But even if u dont get it to stop spinning, as long as u can get ur hc on well enough, the bent corner wont make a difference.

scooter,

Nosferatu

Abysmal Vapor said:
Load 0.2 with extra kief and amber.. in you SSV and do a huge bongrip -- Death or glory style.. Then will talk again who what when how high is it.. :) ..
I agree using smaller amounts can take you higher off smaller amount but no higher than abusive amounts and notorious dabs..

How is the UD compared to the DBV, would it satisfy for big hits through a bong like the DBV?

Nosferatu,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Nosferatu said:
Abysmal Vapor said:

How is the UD compared to the DBV, would it satisfy for big hits through a bong like the DBV?
It satisfies me more.. and my throat is more happy too .. You will never get as dense hit with the DBV off the amount you use with the UD..:)
The DBV can give more powerful kick because you can load even 0.5 g.. but it sucks up all the taste in the first hit and overboils one part of the herb while other has still goodies.. and even and perfect vaporization even if you are stirring like mad..
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=33dghsz&s=5 This is less than 0.1 load.. Will that satisfy you ?

Abysmal Vapor,

chimpybits

hey scooter, you're right of course. I'm just being overly precious. I'll work on it later today.

chimpybits,

Nosferatu

Abysmal Vapor said:
Nosferatu said:
Abysmal Vapor said:

It satisfies me more.. and my throat is more happy too .. You will never get as dense hit with the DBV off the amount you use with the UD..:)
The DBV can give more powerful kick because you can load even 0.5 g.. but it sucks up all the taste in the first hit and overboils one part of the herb while other has still goodies.. and even and perfect vaporization even if you are stirring like mad..
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=33dghsz&s=5 This is less than 0.1 load.. Will that satisfy you ?

Why yes sir, that would satisfy me. :lol:

Nosferatu,

Argus411

Has anyone else seen the new way the SSV keeps the heater cover in place?? It has something almost like a metal bracket. It seems like it will work much better....

Argus411,

Vitolo

Vaporist
This is not new, just not needed in Standard HC models.....
The bracket is installed on all Da Buddhas.
It is added security when someone specifically orders GonG
Hands free setup.. to support the weight of the wand better, as they do with the DBV

Vitolo,

Cloud_Surfer

Medicinaal Dampen
I'm curious, those of you who use your SSVs with glass, do you use the ground glass connectors that 7th floor sells? I have been just inserting the whip into various 14mm downstems as it seems to fit well. Is the improvement in airflow worth it? I recently had a combustion accident with my SSV and would like to avoid future repetition :o , although my guess is that as the airflow becomes restricted, temps rise and fires are more probable. I guess I'll have to be more careful in the future... :/

Cloud_Surfer,

cluffy

Vaker
@ Cloud_Surfer: I've used both the connector and plain tubing. A little restriction with the connector, but not as much as the mouthpiece anyway, so IMO it's negligible.. I think the connector is more for convenience. I use one with a 19mm GG tube so I can pop on a Vapor Tamer quickly and easily. A thin piece of silicon tubing is over the male GG of the connector on the non GG end.
IMG_0232.jpg

cluffy,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Hello fellow vaporists. I have been a smoker for 10+ years and on occasion smoked a vape and recently got a lil bonus from work and decided i must get a ssv. Its healtier, tastier and just damn cooler benefits are what made me choose the ssv and vaping in general.

The buying expierence was great. I live in colorado springs and a friend of mine told me about the shop that makes the surfers. Spent nearly 45min-1hr considering housing and base color combos, scouring thru boxes of custom knobs, heater covers and wands. Met the inventor of the surfer, and he told the other person helping me to give an extra lil discount and throw in some of their new ceramic oil discs (which i do not know the use of) lol i love throw in's nonetheless. My new surfer was assembled in front of me and tucked into its carrying case and off i was, with my new favorite thing. (my 10.1 tablet will be sad) antway i got a blue surfer with black base. Sperical GG heater cover and wand with blue design.

Anyway over this past week since i got it, i love it, cant believe i went so long without it. Feels so much lighter in the chest and so much tastier. Cant believe all id been missing smoking. I been here reading this forum and vaping over the past few days and decided to register and post today. Nice to find a group of fellow vapists. still trying to get a grasp on the lingo and abbreviations.

I found my sweet spot in the heater being quite high i suppose, at the 3 o clock position, nearly 3/4 full power, which seems to work well as i take shorter pulls. One problem i have is when i have company over, vape noob or not, when they hit it at my temp they end up combusting in the vape! Maybe their draw is much longer than mine and causes this.. I considered lower temp when with company but i dont want to end up not getting any myself!

Also i was considering buying a setup to go with the vape. I decided my first add on would be a water or ice chamber piece rather than a custom piece i already have like knob or wand. Ive never vaped out of one of these and very interested to. I was looking more at the ice chambers, do they work like a bong? I only would put ice in the bong on occasion and usually just water. Do these need or use only ice? How do the hits taste, feel in the lungs and is the high better?

Thanks for reading my lil intro and questions. Vape big.

YoGranMazPimp,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Heos said:
Anyone got a pic of that metal attatchment? Would it benefit the GonG SSV?
DSC01130-1.jpg

and for those asking about the GonG. Spherical, and Standard connections...

The 3 types of SSV connections

Touch for the video

Vitolo,

cluffy

Vaker
Cheers and welcome, YoGranMazPimp! I'm a little jealous about your tour, sure many will be. Ceramic oil disk??!!! I saw those before and thought nothing of them, as it says they are for "flavored glycerin oils" which I'm not interested in, but they look like they might work for another type of oil... :brow: Maybe I missed it but I'd like to hear from anyone who's tried one.

As far as ice chambers and water, you should do some shopping. Check out the live help, there are usually a few glass heads there that can point you in the right direction. I like my 7th Floor Vapor Tamers, but I also use a small bong often. It depends on how I feel. IMO the most important thing is being happy and comfortable with your vape set up. I'd recommend a small glass bong, the 7th Floor hose fits nicely into a 14mm GG female. There are many choices.

Happy Shopping!!!

cluffy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Photoon2012-02-01at1256.jpg

You're hearing from him.
I have been testing these puppies out for a few weeks and I found I like to stack them two deep.. or I also like to nestle them disk in a bed of ABV, before that "dab".
They are a bit porous for full melt concentrates, so the "two deep" trick will work... or you can slow the draw down using herbal material.

Vitolo,

SOUR DIESEL

Houston I have a problem. I have been using my new GonG HC for about a week now. It seems my SSV does not vaporize anymore. The New HC is Loose , but i am not convinced that is the problem. I can now turn my SSV all the way up and not vaporize a full fresh bowl past a light yellow.

I notice that my ceramic heater when fully turn up is only reddish orange at the last half of the the element (is that normal ?) .
I simply cant get a good hit at all.

Guy's please help.

SOUR DIESEL,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Make sure that your Heater cover is securely down there all the way over the element.. and manipulate the metal "shim" to get the HC steady.
The HC may have a crack so inspect it closely (after cooling it down!)
try your old standard HC and wand ... and see if you get better hits... then report back.

Vitolo,

SOUR DIESEL

Vitolo said:
Make sure that your Heater cover is securely down there all the way over the element.. and manipulate the metal "shim" to get the HC steady.
The HC may have a crack so inspect it closely (after cooling it down!)
try your old standard HC and wand ... and see if you get better hits... then report back.

Vitolo,

I tried all of your suggestions to no avail. Loaned out my standard. I think my element is broke. What are your thought's?

This stinks i really need to take my meds. :uhoh:

SOUR DIESEL,

cluffy

Vaker
Ouch. My ceramic heater glows orange for about an inch at full temp. If it worked before there must be something really wrong. Time to email 7th Floor.

Thanks Vito, maybe in my next order... :-)

cluffy,

cluffy

Vaker
@Cloud_Surfer: I've never had an ice bong deliver a hit as cold as a Vapor Tamer. I'm sure it's possible with a 2 footer full of ice, but the convenience of just pulling a VT out of the freezer, hooking it up and ripping York's Peppermint Patty cold vapor hits is a treat that everyone should experience. There's a VT thread here: vt thread , but it turns out there's only so much you can say about a glycerin filled piece of glass... :lol: I think there's a video of me doing the first VT + bong hit there! :brow: I recommend VT's, but I also recommend anything else that makes you happy... FEED THE NEED!

cluffy,
Top Bottom