turk

turk
....yeah, there are a lot of tasty accessories available...for right now I'm enjoying what I have...

turk,

SOUR DIESEL

IMG_20120114_171211.jpg

I got this GonG for Christmas and looks like I got screwed. :mad:

One month this glass made it. It was only set at the 1 o clock position. Is this common? I feel lost w/0 my ssv.

SOUR DIESEL,

scooter

Dailo
SOUR DIESEL said:
I got this GonG for Christmas and looks like I got screwed. :mad:

One month this glass made it. It was only set at the 1 o clock position. Is this common? I feel lost w/0 my ssv.
dude, i dont know how common it is, but its happened to me 2 times already (since december). either im an idiot, or its just really delicate. first time i got a GonG, it shattered as i was putting it on. second time, i put it on fine, but next morning i look at it, a piece of it had just broken off. third time, I wised up and bought 2 GonG heater covers. So far, so good....
But yea, again i dont how common it is, but the heater covers are one of the more delicate pieces of the ssv. feel for ya man. hope u get a good replacement

scooter,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I change heater covers on my SSVs here at home all of the time, as well as for friends.
I have replaced MANY.
You can look at the GonG type HC and see that it has an open orifice to accommodate the Hands Free wand., and therefore reduced structural integrity.
I have only accidentally dropped my Hands Free HC once, and it did crack.
I have dropped my Standard HC many times, on harder surfaces.. but it has never cracked.

I have an SSV with the Hands Free GonG connectors in the Hallway, that has been used heavily for a year.
I admit to being much more delicate sliding the wand in and out with this vape than I am with my standard.
I actually hold the Hands Free wand, and remove it after each hit as if it were the standard.

I use Spherical, Hands Free (GonG), and Standard, but Standard is the sturdiest.
Thinner walls always equals reduced structural integrity.
That is why the piece is replaceable, and easy to get.
In a case where you suspect that your glass pieces may be a bit delicate for the way you use your vape, I would recommend the Standard HC for it's durability!
3 Types of SSV Wand Connections (The VTV Video)
Photoon2011-08-20at2058.jpg

Vitolo,

SOUR DIESEL

Thanks for the replies. I really need to go GonG again. I use it so often with a HiSi that the GonG is the ticket. This sad story has caused me to use me mflb, I need to master it anyway.

Happy vaping!

SOUR DIESEL,

Cerpintaxtt

Errl and Vapor
The SSV thread should never be on the 2nd page. I havent been showing my baby as much love as usual since lately I have been strictly oiling but when I do dabble with the flower it always goes in my SSV. A damn good vape and has never let me down as long as Ive had it.

Cerpintaxtt,

SOUR DIESEL

Back in business. The heater cover seems to work as well as my last one. So I'm using a hi si bong with my ssv today. Life is good :ko:

SOUR DIESEL,

SOUR DIESEL

Vitolo said:
I change heater covers on my SSVs here at home all of the time, as well as for friends.
I have replaced MANY.
You can look at the GonG type HC and see that it has an open orifice to accommodate the Hands Free wand., and therefore reduced structural integrity.
I have only accidentally dropped my Hands Free HC once, and it did crack.
I have dropped my Standard HC many times, on harder surfaces.. but it has never cracked.

I have an SSV with the Hands Free GonG connectors in the Hallway, that has been used heavily for a year.
I admit to being much more delicate sliding the wand in and out with this vape than I am with my standard.
I actually hold the Hands Free wand, and remove it after each hit as if it were the standard.

I use Spherical, Hands Free (GonG), and Standard, but Standard is the sturdiest.
Thinner walls always equals reduced structural integrity.
That is why the piece is replaceable, and easy to get.
In a case where you suspect that your glass pieces may be a bit delicate for the way you use your vape, I would recommend the Standard HC for it's durability!

Just watched the video and enjoyed it. I will have to save up for for standard in the future.

3 Types of SSV Wand Connections (The VTV Video)
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/VitoloVaporizes/Photoon2011-08-20at2058.jpg

SOUR DIESEL,

Heos

Whew! Just finished reading through 111 pages .;)

Can't say how much I love seeing posts of people inquiring about the SSV from way back early in this thread, and see their current sigs proudly displaying "SSV".

I dived headfirst into the vaporizing world around a week ago (I think..it's been a bit foggy) when my purchased SSV arrived. I'd always been curious about vaporizers, being quite the "gadget combuster". I own some pretty nice glass (in my opinion), and used a hot hit wand (heating up a glass rod with a torch to then combust your herbs), and I also heavily used a Hakko ceramic tipped soldering iron to combust as well as vape a little through my glass.

However I'd figured the time had come that I get a real vaporizer and from what I'd read the Silver Surfer seemed right for me. Boy was I right. I don't think I'll be able to combust again. Reading through this read while happily puffing on my SSV the entire time was quite enjoyable and informative, heavily reinforcing my decision to purchase. Not that I needed reinforcement of my decision after trying it :cool:.

There isn't that much love for the GG on here though, but I'll have to disagree. While I have yet to try the other types, I've had no issues with my GG. I've never knocked it out (although friends have), it's pretty secure, and I feel while it may lack the control of the standard, it actually may make for more even heating. I also don't feel it restricts me from being "hands on" as well, I often remove it to stir and play with it for the best vaping experience. But I can also set it down while taking a few drags, and have a hand free to say, scroll through an excellent forum. Just my :2c:

Personally though, I do also want to try the standard after how everyone raves about it. I also understand how it could be a bit more intimate kind of sesh. I think I'd also get this with the SGG, but not only is standard cheaper, but it would mean I could order a miniwand or 2 from vapor bros, for effeciency and friends.

My one dillema is I'd wanted to get a nice heady wand to go with my SSV. They have some gorgeous glass on their site, and I'd prefer to get one when I purchase a standard cover to save on shipping. However, part of me is worried I'll end up adoring the standard, and would prefer my nice wand to be standard rather than GG.

But anyway, this is my first post and its wonderful to post in a thread I'd been stalking for so long. Happy Vaping! Glad to be a convert!

(PS - Vitolo you rule, so much helpful information with a positive attitude)

Heos,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Hi Heos,

Welcome to FC. :D

I'm glad you like the ssv. It was my first proper vape too.

I personally think the performance difference is negligible between the GG and the handheld.
I also prefer the GG for when I'm using water (which is all the time).

I quite like 7th floors water pipe adapters, so you might want to pick one of those up when you get the standard HC if you plan on using the ssv through water.

And a side note, if you are anything like me (and many other members here), prepare to feel the urge to get many other vapes very soon... :lol:

Frederick McGuire,

Heos

Yeah I have a feeling it won't be too easy on my wallet. Already liking vaping so much I feel like I need something portable for when I'm on the go. These things are perfect though, I love how I can just run it all day if I like.

turk

turk
...I'm with you man, feel like I will never go back to combustion....also feel the strong desire for a portable....was thinking of lsv....but now wondering whether I should give someeone else a chance on portables....

turk,

e5cape

turk said:
...I'm with you man, feel like I will never go back to combustion....also feel the strong desire for a portable....was thinking of lsv....but now wondering whether I should give someeone else a chance on portables....

so expensive man =/

e5cape,

scooter

Dailo
Heos said:
Whew! Just finished reading through 111 pages .;)
My one dillema is I'd wanted to get a nice heady wand to go with my SSV. They have some gorgeous glass on their site, and I'd prefer to get one when I purchase a standard cover to save on shipping. However, part of me is worried I'll end up adoring the standard, and would prefer my nice wand to be standard rather than GG.

But anyway, this is my first post and its wonderful to post in a thread I'd been stalking for so long. Happy Vaping! Glad to be a convert!

(PS - Vitolo you rule, so much helpful information with a positive attitude)
congrats on ur purchase. I was also in the market for a nice standard custom wand. But I actually found a beautiful gg wand that i had to have. I would post a pic, but Im at work now. I was gonna custom make my own, but I couldnt wait the 6 weeks. Im with u on the gg. Like Frederick, I usually use my gg when I hook my waterpipe up to the ssv. And I think that there r a good number of vaporists here who also appreciate the gg setup; the standard setup just makes the experience a little more interesting.
Been working alot lately, but Im looking forward to hitting my ssv today. Going on this forum seems to put me in that kind of mood.:D
@ turk: The Lsv is a great choice. It hits like the ssv, but is more portable and concealable. I was trying to decide between the lsv, the solo and the mflb, for my second vape. I received alot of great input on all 3,and the lsv sounded the best. But its a tough choice if ur choosing between the ssv and the lsv. Really cant go wrong with either. The ssv is more customizable (between the diff hc's, the accessories, the wands, etc) and the lsv is more portable. But performance wise, id say theres little difference. As a proud owner of both, I usually use my lsv for my nightly vape seshs. Then for special occasions, or for my occasional wake and vake, I break out the ssv.

scooter,

Heos

scooter said:
congrats on ur purchase. I was also in the market for a nice standard custom wand. But I actually found a beautiful gg wand that i had to have. If u can, Id wait a little while cuz it looks like 7th floor has a limited selection of custom wands. A couple months ago, there were about 60 wands that u could choose from.(Unless u want to design ur own) Im with u on the gg. I usually use my gg when I hook my waterpipe up to the ssv. And I think that there r a good number of vaporists here who also appreciate the gg setup; the standard setup just makes the experience a little more interesting.

Been working alot lately, but Im looking forward to hitting my ssv today. Going on this forum seems to put me in that kind of mood.:D

Yeah my bank account would appreciate me waiting too so that's what I'll do. There are a couple of the GG that look very appealing. I'll probably go with a GG custom, I'm sure I'll never grow to dislike it, and I'll grab a regular standard wand along with those mini wands. Two wands for each type.

What portable vapes do you guys think would be good for an SSV lover? Preferably something I can pre-load and take with me, but that's not a requirement.

Heos,

scooter

Dailo
ha, srry, took me awhile to finish that edit. the mflb and the solo were the portables i was looking into when i wanted to buy a second vaope (but i ended up buying the lsv)The mflb: as a fellow ssv owner, I will let u no that the mflb doesnt hit nearly as hard as the ssv. Its not necessarily a bad thing, but if ur used to the strong ssv hits, u might not appreciate the mflb as much. But this is based off what I have been told and off of my 2 experiences with my buddy's mflb. The solo also looks like a good choice if u want to take something on the go. And Ive heard that it hits pretty well, but I have never got to experience one myself

scooter,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
After starting with the ssv, the MFLB was always a little dissapointing to me.

It definitely has its place in many peoples setups, but it just never really did it for me.

My solos on the other hand have never let me down.

I would say it depends on the sort of portability you are looking for.

For out and about, stealth vapeing, the solo isn't the best, but for something you can easily throw in your pocket and take to a friends place it is great.

---------
On a more ssv related note, I have been trying a few elbow packs from my EQ with my GG heater cover the last few days.

:brow:

I just have to drop my temp from 2ish to 12ish to get nice thick hits.

Frederick McGuire,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I find the NO2 a perfect compliment for the SSV as a portable.
It is not a "preload and go" vape however... when I am in the preload and go mood, the Iolite fills that need... with thick hits that will go for 20 minutes.
Both of these portables offer a full session while on the move... the Iolite chamber holding more.. the NO2 chamber being more conservative by far.

For a fast blast on the move as opposed to an entire session the MFLB is handy...

Vitolo,

Heos

Is that a HiSi? Very nice piece and milk. If you don't mind me asking, how come you have your vapor go through two water chambers rather than one?

Heos,

SOUR DIESEL

Heos said:
Is that a HiSi? Very nice piece and milk. If you don't mind me asking, how come you have your vapor go through two water chambers rather than one?

Yes it is a HiSi. I love it! I do not mind you asking. :cool: Really it looks cool and makes me feel good so i use the ash catcher. This glass with the SSV is unlimited in its applications. :D

SOUR DIESEL,

Heos

That's a good enough reason =p. I think I prefer hitting my SSV without water, but sometimes it's nice to cool the smoke a bit.

Heos,

technique

So i have been partaking in the old bud for many years now and i have been vaporizing for a while too.

I have found that if a strain gets me high then a smaller amount of the same strain can get me higher if utilized properly and i thought i should post my findings as alot if newcomers often wonder about getting the "highest possible" lol.

This method works for me using the infamous 0.025g but it may take some getting used to before you can utilize doses that small effectively, i would definitely not recommend more then 0.05 though (works best for me when i look in the wand holding it sideways and the screen is not completely covered)

This is achieved using a standard glass and heater cover set and this is all i do.

1. Make sure the herb is dry for optimum vaping.
2. Grind the herb (i use a four piece so its not ground to shreds)

Set the SSV to low range temperatures usually around 11-12 o clock depending on your unit, draw speed ect but suffice to say we are vaping at the low end for bud.

3. Take the pull in nice and deep (its always been better to draw deep into your belly then to expand your lungs upwards)
4. As you release the vapor as soon as you see vapor draw in again and keep repeating until you are out of vapor (may take some experimenting, oxygen deprivation is not the aim here. This is why i dont like the screen covered as it gives me vapor not too thick and makes it easier to handle like this without needing air or feeling uncomfortable)

Now comes the interesting part after having taken a pull or two like stated above leave your vape for 10-15 minuets as you watch tv or game ect. I find this allows the high to sink in in away not possible if you vape larger amounts and when good and high continue. It may take your body time to adjust to this technique, i had managed to get to a point where one good pull was leaving me mangled completely for a couple of hours but i have had to change that as i do love to vape and one pull a night wasnt enough to satisfy that side of me(ex smoker you see).

I have managed to vape a whole bowl (0.025 - 0.04g) this way and it leaves me staggered where a whole bowl of the same bud vaped at continuously has far less effect. Id love to hear what people think and how they vape for maximum effect.( sorry if i waffled on i just wanted to make myself clear)

technique,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Lots of peopel here say take a hit and wait 20 min. Once I gain that self control back I'll give it a shot again. Seems to work well any time I do it.

darkrom,
Top Bottom