sirprancelot

@FLskwat - No worries man. It will keep the tubing going loads longer and you won't lose any kief in the pipe anymore. THat mouthpiece gauze is just as an extra precaution but virtually nothing gets on it if you install gauze properly at the other end! :)

@Sunsett70 - Yeah you only need 2. I had to buy a complete set... largely I had no clue what I needed. Now that I know what I need... I would just buy 2min.. maybe 4 for good measure. And some way of cleaning them. My set has come in handy. I gifted some to friends who have also gone out and bought SSV :).

@Coolglow - what you need sir is some hash or to harvest some wand hash/kief (after a couple of days of my setup you'll get a layer build up on the gauze in your Wand... just scrape some of that off). Put a layer of that on top of your weed and tell me you don't feel sleepy!! I've knocked myself out with some Charras before in the SSV. It is fookin strong. ONe of my ultimate reasons for loving the SSV is it is a wonderful hash vaporizer. Most other vaporizers are dirty to play with when it comes to hash. THe SSV with the heat element point down is divine! Oh yeah and BTW... I set my SSV on about 3-4 o'clock for optimal clouds (First I set the knob point in line with the end of V and then rotate a little bit more - if that makes sense!). I'm convinced that breathing technique defines what temp to set. With my breathing... I suck v gently to start with (A bit like the strength you would use on a bong)... once I have seen the tubing fill up with white mist... I pull back the wand and take a deep inhale to empty what's in the tubing.... only to exhale a heavyduty cloud of mist. Make sure you are maximising that mist cos if you want knockout sleepy that tends to help (plus it means you are getting more of the sleepy part of cannabis that happen at higher temps). I never black the material. Just goes deep deep brown by time I am done with it.

:)

sirprancelot,

weedemon

enthusiast
umm i love the description of how you vape the hash. ever used unpressed kief? should i compress it first, or is unpressed fine also?

weedemon,

OO

Technical Skeptical
weedemon said:
umm i love the description of how you vape the hash. ever used unpressed kief? should i compress it first, or is unpressed fine also?
unpressed has more surface area and will vape quicker and more thoroughly, though if you want to be efficient with it, go slow(with the temp), and use small amounts.

OO,

weedemon

enthusiast
OO said:
weedemon said:
unpressed has more surface area and will vape quicker and more thoroughly, though if you want to be efficient with it, go slow(with the temp), and use small amounts.

right on thx for the info. also would you put it right on the screen? or is on a bed of herb/abv?

weedemon,

OO

Technical Skeptical
weedemon said:
OO said:
weedemon said:

right on thx for the info. also would you put it right on the screen? or is on a bed of herb/abv?
that all depends, if you want to try to revape it, or extract any leftover, put it on whichever you will reuse.

OO,

Nuphile

Non-Smoker
weedemon said:

I have not put it directly on the screen, but I think some may fall through in the wand when you inhale. I just put barely enough ground cannabis in the wand to cover the screen and put a nice layer of kief on top.

Nuphile,

sunsett70

thanks for reply, sir. i don't really vape kief but am paranoid abt keeping the tube clean however much i can.

sunsett70,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
For hash:
First a chunk in a pallet form (if you can). You can flip the chunk between each hit. After 4 hits you can break the pallet in powdery material: 10 to 12 more THICK hits.
The dome screen mod is genius for concentrates (cause Charras & afghan hashes will not mess your glass) but any caramela cream or marocco hash will bubble/melt/stick/clogg the glass & the screen.

And yes, as I stated previously: SSV is a CHAMP for concentrates because of the high temps he can reach. But I Prefer switching tubing (as for my bags, I have 1 hash tubing and 1 weed tubing) + switching dome screen or mini-whip. ;)

FLskwat,

JamImmune

max said:
JamImmune said:
I have searched for an answer, but have been unable to find one.

Has the SSV wand style changed over the years. I have just got my SSV and it appears that the standard non-ground glass wand, aswell as the heater cover are different on 7th Floor and other head shops compared to mine.

My wand fits inside the "lip" of the heater cover. I wanted to get just a new wand, but am unable to determine if the wands that I am seeing will fit my heater cover?

Thanks for any help, and I can post photos if required.

Jam
You can get the SSV with the hands free connection. The standard HC on the SSV has a rounded end with a small hole (approx 3mm), and the wand has the flared end and acts as the female connection. If your wand fits inside the HC, and will hold the connection without assistance from you, it sounds like you have the hands free setup. Do the HC and wand terminations have the frosted (ground glass) look?

I am still unsure. It doesn't look like either the ground or non-ground glass. The heater cover looks like it will not fit the standard wands that I have seen.

JamImmune,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
JamImmune said:
I am still unsure. It doesn't look like either the ground or non-ground glass. The heater cover looks like it will not fit the standard wands that I have seen.

http://img717.imageshack.us/i/img0060v2.jpg/]http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/8605/img0060v2.jpg

It's spherical ground glass

http://silversurfervap.com/glass/wands/spherical-ground-glass.html

Edit: this page shows their full design range of heater covers and wands for all 7th floor: http://higherelevations.net/vaporizers/vaporizer-glass.html

WatTyler,

Coolglow

As I previously mentioned I recently bought the SSV but was only able to try it with crap weed. Got hold of some kush, mixed it with whatever is was in my tube and it was like night and day.

Previously I was getting 4 good hits with 2 smaller ones. With the Kush, using the same amount, well I've got as far as counting 15 good hits and then forget what I'm doing. I dunno - perhaps 25 hits in total? And the amount of exhaled vapor, even keeping it down as long as I could, was astounding on the first half a dozen hits. :ko:

So all in all a great unit :)

Coolglow,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Haha, lets dissimulate my mess-up, posting in the wrong thread & editing: :rolleyes:

Welcome to the SSV family man! Yes the Surfer is a BIIIG HITER & MIND ERASER!

FLskwat,

D4NG3R

I love my SSV! I ordered using the 7th floor ebay store, got a white blemished unit that turned out to be a ground glass vape with barely noticable scuffing. I bought mine for $210 CDN while my friend bought his spherical ground glass off the 7th floor site for $350 CDN. The taste is amazing, i could never go back to combustion and the hits are so much bigger and better than the ones from my old cheapo china vape which i gave away to my friend. Hash works great in the vape too, lasts really long. Next i have to find a nice bong to run my SSV through.

D4NG3R,

weedemon

enthusiast
I am very glad to hear you like you new SSV man!:) haha it's torture hearing about it and still waiting for mine :p haha. every day. "maybe it will be today"... :( but then it doesn't come yet. I have a big shot glass full of keif saved up for it too!

maybe monday... :D haha

weedemon,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
Hi Friends! I have a slight dilemma. I am looking to add a little water filtration to my SSV for my wife. The SSV is just a bit harsher than our other vapes and some particles also end up in your mouth sometimes. I already have a high-end bong I'd like to use, so my obvious choice is get the waper pipe adapter. My dilemma is that I have the Standard wand and heater cover. I fell like a GG option may be better for use with the water pipe adapter (creates a better seal). What do you experts think? Anyone have experience using the WP Adapter on a Standard? If I do go GG, should i go Spherical? I hear it makes the best seal. Is SGG Hands Free? How much of a pain in the ass is it to switch out heater covers? Does anyone here switch heater covers often (daily)?

CombustionJunction,

weedemon

enthusiast
SGG is not hands free. (afaik)

I hear that the standard cover is still best as people with the gg covers say it will tug off and dump your weed pretty easily( you just gotta be very careful and that can be harder than we think when blazed :p ). i plan on water filtering mine when it arrives too, and from what i read people still prefer having the control to turn and evenly cook their bowls as they bong it. if your stem in your bong is 14mm then you don't even need the adapter i am told it will fit right in easily. if you don't like that though you can buy the bong adapter and use it on the hose you have still.

hope that helps

weedemon,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I have this setup currently with my SSV (Standard HC and a WPA) so Ill chime in.

Although I have not used any other wand/hc combos with my bong, I would say that I still prefer my setup as it is. I have the handsfree adapter and I think I used it once (when I first got it) I like the amount of control and intimacy that the standard setup allows you. Yes, it is a bit more confusing at first as you have to hit, remove the wand (and hold it) while you continue to clear the tubing, then pull your WPA to clear the bong. I have this down to a science (its really not that difficult) but new people usually need me to hold the wand for them.

One thing I can suggest is to get a little extra tubing and make a special (shorter) piece for your WPA.

I can post some pics if that might help :)

AGBeer,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
Thanks AGBeer! That makes sense, and you gave me something to think about.... Even if I had the GG, I would still have to pull it out every time to clear the tubing, so you only eliminate the holding part of the process. Probably not worth the extra hassle and money to go GG. I do like the control I have with the standard, that's why I chose it. I just though it might make less of a seal over GG, but that doesn't appear to make a difference for you guys.

CombustionJunction,

sirprancelot

Hey guys/girls... anybody know where to get decent tubing for SSV in UK? I stocked up on some piping when I did my last order to 7th Floor but I down to my last piece of tubing and I don't want to pay for air freight just for some rubber tubing. I've found it quite a slog to try and find the right type via google. Anyone got any pointers or links to share? Cheers :)

sirprancelot,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Sirprancelot;

Look up goodgets_uk on e-bay. I'm not sure if the separate tubing is listed in his e-bay store, but he sells practically every SSV and DBV accessory (even custom wands and knobs etc., just ask him for pictures if you want to check out his stock). Just send him an e-mail about it if you can't find what you're looking for, he's not always quick to respond but it never took longer then a week to hear from him as well. He only has the tubing in pieces of 3 feet of length btw, they were about 4,95 euro's a piece if I remember correctly but he doesn't charge for shipping.

CombustionJ;

I use a 500ml Ehle with my SSV most of the times when vaping and like AG I also have the standard heater cover and wand. I do sometimes use the handsfree adapter with it when I wanna lay back and watch a movie or something, but only when I'm vaping hash. I like to stir my weed bowls to often to use it with that. My Ehle has a carb hole, so it always requires to use two hands to operate this set up, but otherwise it works great. I don't use a waterpipe adapter btw, my Ehle has a 14.4mm joint so I just stick the tube in there. Fits even better/tighter in comparance to how the tube fits in my wands.

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom