OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I've been using my SSV for almost a month now. Down to one to two joints a week now, and almost ready to give up smoking entirely. My SSV is used daily since I got it, and my wand isn't looking all that tasty any more to be honest. I cleaned the screen once with alcohol after a week or so of use, but I decided to toss it and put in a new one today since I ordered about 200 of the damn things anyway. I don't think there's enough wand hash build up yet to clean the wand entirely, but I took out about 0.3 gram of gunk from directly underneath the old screen to about where the opening in the wand gets tighter (not the stuff that's attached to the screen itself, it did came out of the wand). Do you guys smoke or vape this as well, or is it just garbage? It feels and smells a bit funny to me, I'm tempted to just throw it away but I don't wanna risk throwing out my very first batch of wand hash.

OhTheAgony,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
DONT THROW IT OUT!!!

That is GOLD that you have right there!

You can smoke it if you choose or put it on a small bed of ABV or even bud before you vape it.
That stuff is the SHIZZLE!! :)

AGBeer,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Good thing I asked :)

It started to harden a bit since I typed that message, it already looks a bit more like hash now.

This is a bit unexpected, but I guess I'll be trying my very first wand hash ever in a minute or so.
Such a nice surprise, especially since I really felt in the mood for a bit of hash but was to lazy to go out and get some.

Thanks Ag!

ps: I always vape hash on a layer of fresh mj, it tastes better I think. Often I take the hash out the ABV after a while and replace it with new mj because the hash lasts so long.

OhTheAgony,

Tuck

If you can find a glass piece with a carb, life is pretty good with the non-handsfree (and I assume the spherical GG) heater and wand.

Tuck,

smartrott

Tons of info on this site, thanks to everyone for that. Let me say that I am really excited to get my SSV, which should be here on Mon. I had originally ordered the DBV and after a little more research I ended up switching my order to the silver surfer. Thankfully I have Mon. off work (as of now) so I can sit by the window and wait for ups. Really and I mean REALLY looking forward to trying it out. Thanks to everyone for all the info.

smartrott,

Frickr

smartrott said:
Tons of info on this site, thanks to everyone for that. Let me say that I am really excited to get my SSV, which should be here on Mon. I had originally ordered the DBV and after a little more research I ended up switching my order to the silver surfer. Thankfully I have Mon. off work (as of now) so I can sit by the window and wait for ups. Really and I mean REALLY looking forward to trying it out. Thanks to everyone for all the info.

you wont be dissapointed in the least. been using mine for almost a year now, and this thing never stops amazing me. hooked up to my small inline bubbler, i dont know of a better combination. cool tastey and smooth hits all the time, unless you take too much and end up caughing the hit up, which happens every now and then with this vape!

Frickr,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
Well I did it! :D

Just ordered my Orange SSV with ground glass for only 245 busks w/ free shipping from puffitup.com with the FC discount... thats deals compared to what 7th floor wanted for an orange GG around 330 not including shipping.

With the extra money, I went ahead and bought a 100ml EHLE and a 14mm Gong connection. Im SOOOO excited. Pictures will be up when it all comes in.

HighSti,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Niiiiice, the orange was my (second) choice when I decided to get an SSV. So you have the GG heater cover and wand? Are you planning on accessorizing? (i.e. Getting the original HC/Wand or the Spherical?)

AGBeer,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
Yeah Im looking to get the standard heater cover and wand down the road when I have a little more cash.. bigger bong (with tree perc), stuff like that. As for now, I kinda emptied my pockets on this thing but I think its an investment i will cherish.

HighSti,

smartrott

Sitting here, waiting on ups. I've run out of patience. Got a quick question. Even though I ordered the standard wand and the SGG I would still like to know what some of you (exp. in vaporizing) prefer when it comes to the style of heater cover and wand. GG, SGG or standard? My unit will come with the standard ready to use and the spherical as a back-up. Is it better to go ahead and put the wider heat path (SGG) heater cover on or just leave the standard on? Or does i t even make a diff.? Damn Im excited. Time to go wake and bake. Hopefully it gets here soon so that I can try it out and give my first impressions right here on FC. Thanks to everyone for all of your help

smartrott,

asuseee

Hello i have a question...lately ive noticed that after my weed has turn brown, i dont see anymore vapor when i exhale, is this normal??ive been using a different strain of weed..tnx

asuseee,

MacRadish

smartrott said:
Sitting here, waiting on ups. I've run out of patience. Got a quick question. Even though I ordered the standard wand and the SGG I would still like to know what some of you (exp. in vaporizing) prefer when it comes to the style of heater cover and wand. GG, SGG or standard? My unit will come with the standard ready to use and the spherical as a back-up. Is it better to go ahead and put the wider heat path (SGG) heater cover on or just leave the standard on? Or does i t even make a diff.? Damn Im excited. Time to go wake and bake. Hopefully it gets here soon so that I can try it out and give my first impressions right here on FC. Thanks to everyone for all of your help

The standard HC is essentially a male end, the standard wand is fluted to mate with the standard HC. The spherical HC is female GG which mates like a ball joint with the spherical male wand.

I used the standard setup for quite some time and was quite happy, then ordered the spherical wand/HC and haven't switched back. I much prefer the spherical wand/HC.

MacRadish,

smartrott

All I can say is I love it. Filled the wand a little over 1/3 full and set the extremely nice dial at roughly 2 and I was instantly getting thick and tasty vapor. ABV looks exremely light brown with a shade of green color visible. It came with the standard HC and after some replies that I read I went ahead and switched it over to the spherical HC which is a nice orange/yellow color which matches the wand. Its nice to have the backup though.

Again this was my first session using my new SSV, so I know I will get better with more usasge. PD is prolly next just bc of the rep. Thanks to all.

smartrott,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I have the standard HC/Wand setup and I love it personally.

However, this is the ONLY setup I have experienced with my SSV. I may take the plunge and get one of the spherical HC/wand setups to also have a backup as well as a new toy to play with :p

AGBeer,

High100

I have been using my SSV for 5 years. It still works very well. I did chip part of the glass years ago while trying to change the filter. Just checking out what new vapes are out there.

High100,

CC75

Wow nice to hear it's still going strong after 5 years. I've only had mine a month or so but it's seen a lot of use. :D

CC75,

RGNSUP

MacRadish said:
smartrott said:

The standard HC is essentially a male end, the standard wand is fluted to mate with the standard HC. The spherical HC is female GG which mates like a ball joint with the spherical male wand.

I used the standard setup for quite some time and was quite happy, then ordered the spherical wand/HC and haven't switched back. I much prefer the spherical wand/HC.

Still need some opinions on the GG Wand/HC versus the Spherical GG Wand/HC. Essentially, we can all see how they work and the difference, but does anyone have any opinion on the use of both?

RGNSUP,

NeedAVape

Hey guys, I thought I would ask this here and I am pretty sure it is a 'nooby' question but I don't want to make any mistake with my first vape investment, I have planned to get both the SSV and Volcano, but the SSV first since it is cheaper, albiet only by 80.

I came across 2 places to buy it and was just wondering which you thought the better deal is:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SILVER-SURFER...deo_TelevisionSetTopBoxes&hash=item3cb3840562

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/silver-surfer-vaporizer-product.cfm?iProductID=8997

based on what you get, the assurance in terms of warranty as not sure how to contact this ebay seller in future if I ever need to use it and whatever else you think. At the moment I am leaning towards EDIT just because I have used it before and trust it, although the free P&P and other goodies from the ebay seller are tempting me :ninja:

Also with the EDIT purchase I would have to buy an additional like plug adaptor or something because european plugs are different to UK ones.

Thanks a lot if anyone bothers to answer this, I can't wait to join the vape club!!! :D

NeedAVape,

Snafu

i am considering selling my cano for an SSV because of the ice catcher/bong attachments! i love my cano but the vapor just dries me out and i hate having to have drink 2 quarters of water during each session :)

so any advice on what to look for or get as a must have with the SSV? i am looking at the spherical glass with a nice tube water pipe with ice pinches and a showwe head stem and perc.

i love my cano just the heat and drying out is an issue :)

a few things i am not looking forward to though is precise heat control, but i understand a kill a watt helps pin point precise control (so this isnt a huge issue)

thanks for any help!

Snafu,

steiner666

Serial vapist
NeedAVape said:
Hey guys, I thought I would ask this here and I am pretty sure it is a 'nooby' question but I don't want to make any mistake with my first vape investment, I have planned to get both the SSV and Volcano, but the SSV first since it is cheaper, albiet only by 80.

I came across 2 places to buy it and was just wondering which you thought the better deal is:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SILVER-SURFER...deo_TelevisionSetTopBoxes&hash=item3cb3840562

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/silver-surfer-vaporizer-product.cfm?iProductID=8997

based on what you get, the assurance in terms of warranty as not sure how to contact this ebay seller in future if I ever need to use it and whatever else you think. At the moment I am leaning towards EDIT just because I have used it before and trust it, although the free P&P and other goodies from the ebay seller are tempting me :ninja:

Also with the EDIT purchase I would have to buy an additional like plug adaptor or something because european plugs are different to UK ones.

Thanks a lot if anyone bothers to answer this, I can't wait to join the vape club!!! :D

I think either of those place would be good to buy from. I've had positive experiences with buying a vape off ebay and a tube off of EDIT, and 7th Floor will honor the warranty either way so I'd just go by the lowest cost personally but either way its cool.

Good choice on the order in which you're getting those vapes too. I think the SSV is a better daily driver than a Volcano would be, for solo usage anyway.

Snafu said:
i am considering selling my cano for an SSV because of the ice catcher/bong attachments! i love my cano but the vapor just dries me out and i hate having to have drink 2 quarters of water during each session :)

so any advice on what to look for or get as a must have with the SSV? i am looking at the spherical glass with a nice tube water pipe with ice pinches and a showwe head stem and perc.

i love my cano just the heat and drying out is an issue :)

a few things i am not looking forward to though is precise heat control, but i understand a kill a watt helps pin point precise control (so this isnt a huge issue)

thanks for any help!

As far as your worries on temp control precision, its not a huge deal. It may be an analog knob with no markings or other indicator for temp, but it will only take you 1-2 sessions before you know what to set it at, from then on you just set it at that position. So much of the temp control is in your hit speed as well. You can set the knob at noon and one person, who inhales really slow could get a good thick hit, but another person who sucks like a whore could get practically nothing. I always take advantage of this to fine-tune my temperature. I pretty much always set the knob to the same position and start off taking normal-quick draws and then slow down a bit as needed to increase temp slightly to maintain same density of vapor. I only bumped the knob up if i couldnt get anything by just hitting slower. This can become problematic when you're vaping with someone else tho, because its hard for them to know how slow/fast to hit it. Sure, you can kinda tell by the sound, but its usually best to try to maintain the same hit speed and ramp with the knob during a multi-user session so that everyones getting the same quality of hits.

As far as where to get a tube, i'd say look on the aforementioned british website everyonedoesit.uk at there EHLEs. They have diffuser for them available as well, but last i checked they didnt have showerheads. Also check into etsy.com, you can get some nice pieces for decent prices on there usually, with the right keywords.

steiner666,

Snafu

steiner666 said:
As far as your worries on temp control precision, its not a huge deal. It may be an analog knob with no markings or other indicator for temp, but it will only take you 1-2 sessions before you know what to set it at, from then on you just set it at that position. So much of the temp control is in your hit speed as well. You can set the knob at noon and one person, who inhales really slow could get a good thick hit, but another person who sucks like a whore could get practically nothing. I always take advantage of this to fine-tune my temperature. I pretty much always set the knob to the same position and start off taking normal-quick draws and then slow down a bit as needed to increase temp slightly to maintain same density of vapor. I only bumped the knob up if i couldnt get anything by just hitting slower. This can become problematic when you're vaping with someone else tho, because its hard for them to know how slow/fast to hit it. Sure, you can kinda tell by the sound, but its usually best to try to maintain the same hit speed and ramp with the knob during a multi-user session so that everyones getting the same quality of hits.

As far as where to get a tube, i'd say look on the aforementioned british website everyonedoesit.uk at there EHLEs. They have diffuser for them available as well, but last i checked they didnt have showerheads. Also check into etsy.com, you can get some nice pieces for decent prices on there usually, with the right keywords.

i know a glass blower that will hook it up with a nice basic tube with nothing fancy and let him get to work on some killer custom HC and Whips :) (hoping to get enough with the sale of the cano to get a ssv with all the custom glass i need for it :)

also thanks for the reply and the awesome word pictures! made my day!!!

Snafu,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
NeedAVape, this is a cheaper address if you don't mind a blemished one:

http://stores.ebay.nl/higherelevationsssv

They only have the UK 220V model in Silver atm though.
Be aware that there may be added custom fees and/or taxes when ordering from outside the EU, I recommend you check your local customs about that before ordering if you don't want any surprises.

OhTheAgony,

StrainToGain

Thanks Steiner, under your recommendation I just bought my first EHLE
http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/ehle-glass-bongs.cfm,
I can't wait for this to come through, I like an occasional change from hitting my SSV!
(Although I would be lost without it :))

StrainToGain,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Well, today is a moment of truth for my SSV and its protective case. I usually keep my SSV high up on a shelf in a plastic container and a bunch of other shit. This AM I got to awake to a room with about 3 smashed computers, a busted box and a bunch of other assorted shit that was IN the box. (Including my SSV) from the over the head shelf that decided to come out of the wall.

I havent opened up my SSV pouch yet to see if I sustained any glass damage, but I am a wee bit nervous.
Id say im about 97% sure that everything is okay - its just that ~3% that has me worried.
:uhoh:

AGBeer,
Top Bottom